Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boost “Son, your ego is writing cheques…” OOC discussion

Aenarr Kyrr

Strill Securities Tra'ibahikan Squadron Leader
Actually the point of that statement there is that Aenarr believes you'd have to be stupid, crazy or desperate to use a Death Watch ship if you weren't Death Watch.

That said, it's not the first the someone from Death Watch had been a little less conciliatory, using the same excuse about them finding my post genuinely funny when it was most certainly not meant to be. Good old Rynn brings back many fond memories.

if that's the route we're going to take, chaps, I'm afraid that's just not on.

Actually the point of that statement there is that Aenarr believes you'd have to be stupid, crazy or desperate to use a Death Watch ship if you weren't Death Watch.
But they ARE Death Watch. He just didn't know it. Hence the humor in it, because one character is all about making it known. I guess you just have to know her character. Seeing it from that perspective makes it funny.

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
Also a haha seems a tad rude,
And it is funny, Imo. You were talking about people wouldn't use those ships unless they were Death Watch, and you were assuming (IC)that they weren't, but they actually are. I guess it was an accidental joke, but it is still quite humorous.

^That was my logic.

I was only in DWC for like, two threads iirc? Took a break from the site for awhile and the faction was gone when I came back. I was only there for story reasons tho and never even in the discord.

The story in those two threads had a major impact on this character tho. That's why she still considers herself death watch and actually why i plan to codify the children of the watch on chaos.

finding my post genuinely funny when it was most certainly not meant to be.
if that's the route we're going to take, chaps, I'm afraid that's just not on.

Huh?? I think you're taking an emoji way too seriously hon. It's not like I "cringe reacted" you lmao! even then, each reaction exists for a reason.
Like, maybe we'ere not the only ones that have given you this "excuse" because it is genuinely funny?

No one is trying to start anything but you. So let's all sit back, listen to some calming music, and go back to writing our stories please?

Hell, I don't even care about the credits. It just sounded like a good opportunity to explore Aloy's return and how far her daughter would go to serve her family. I was even excited to see some fellow old guard and even some Mereels even despite writing the member of a house that has canonically been their enemy for over a thousand years by the chaos timeline.

So whatever your experiences with a dead faction that I hardly interacted with? please leave it between you and them and in the past where it belongs.

Aenarr Kyrr

Well, if someone is flying a Corellian ship you don't go around assuming they're Corellian. Assuming the pilot of a Death Watch ship is indeed Death Watch might be a good assumption, but it's just that, an assumption. Wasn't even the case in the post that he made a concrete assumption, he was hoping that they weren't so there was a chance of talking this out.

I find at the point of doubt it's always best to ask, rather than assume.

Also, you'll forgive me for assuming when something that's happened with one particular faction and only that faction happens again with one of its former members there might've been some carried forward animosity.

I generally find a haha react is not someone being conciliatory at all. If you meant nothing by it, fine, great, water under the metaphorical bridge but do not accuse me of starting something because I found something you did to be less than kosher. I am trying to clarify so that we're all on the same page here, and we don't have any passive aggressive things or forbid, straight up animosity. That no one else had an issue with this I'm aware, but I did, and being part of the whole of writers here I figured it was best to clarify is all.

So, I'll just ask you please not laugh react a post again, I've had some bad experiences with people using that in place of the added cringe reaction and we can all move back to our respective corners and prepare to slug it out, amicably, of course.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Kalic Daws Kalic Daws | Bishop Turner | Aenarr Kyrr Aenarr Kyrr | Viken Dobson | Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin | Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel | Gabriel Creed | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla | Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla | Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Gir Quee

Hey guys.

There is no easy way to say this, and I’m not going to give any details, but I’ve had some rather embarrassing developments take over in my IRL situation. I have no choice but to step away from the game for a few months and try to get my life back on track, and I feel horrible about having to do this to you guys, but my RL has to come first.

I’m so sorry guys. I’m really loving this thread, and I have a million plans for what can happen next, but it seems fate has different ideas of what I need to be doing. I appreciate everything that everyone has put into this story, and I hope you guys can complete it without me.

My sincerest apologies to all of you.

Kalic Daws Kalic Daws | Bishop Turner | Aenarr Kyrr Aenarr Kyrr | Viken Dobson | Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin | Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel | Gabriel Creed | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla | Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla | Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Gir Quee

Hey guys.

There is no easy way to say this, and I’m not going to give any details, but I’ve had some rather embarrassing developments take over in my IRL situation. I have no choice but to step away from the game for a few months and try to get my life back on track, and I feel horrible about having to do this to you guys, but my RL has to come first.

I’m so sorry guys. I’m really loving this thread, and I have a million plans for what can happen next, but it seems fate has different ideas of what I need to be doing. I appreciate everything that everyone has put into this story, and I hope you guys can complete it without me.

That's a damn shame. I can see that you put a lot of effort into this and I really enjoyed discussing potential stories with you :c

My DMs are open if you need a place to vent or just feel like talking about things might help in some small way, and I hope things improve for you regardless

To everyone else; I'm down to continue if enough of you guys still are and certainly open to coordinate the direction of the thread and my posts too. For the most part I've been really enjoying this even though we haven't technically started the first dogfight just yet

Hey guys.

Take care of yourself my dude. Hope it works out for you. We'll do what we can and eagerly await your return. But no rush, take whatever time you need.

Aenarr Kyrr

Hey guys.

You take your time, good sir. Chaos will be here when you're good and ready to. come back. Good luck and godspeed.

Yeah we've all had other issues, tbh. On that note, the Etheric Modulation Component has been banned. Official word (thanks Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla for finding out) is that the Luminiferous Aether is simply not a part of Star Wars lore, and the Etheric Rudder it's based on has nothing to do with that. So all the prize equipment on the board has now been banned and isn't useable. Sucks, but that's how it is. I still fully intend to have a fun story. Just hate that happened to Burtch, especially right after taking a needed LOA. But the UCs are still in play, and we've reached enough posts to at least get 10,000 apiece. So there's that.

Hm.

The Recluse has a pretty nifty Jammer on it that I kind of want to use? Aennar's fighters are nothing to scoff at so we gotta take any edge we can get lol

But that also has an added benefit to the thread, so I wanted to discuss with you guys before I decide on my next move. It's got a 600m jamming radius around the recluse itself, so i imagine that comms would be jammed for the first part of the dog fight at least, making it difficult to coordinate with the squadron.

It can technically be set to ignore certain frequencies, but im thinking of maybe knocking out our comms too, briefly, with the excuse that we haven't tested it before and need to run some calibrations during the fight.

I think this could help break everyone up into separate fights. For example, this could help start and maintain that 3v2 Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel 's been looking for, but also keep our own fighters from realistically reinforcing and vice versa. Or maybe even reinforcing Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla 's Sabre-1 if anyone decides to go after it. stuff like that

Hm.

The Recluse has a pretty nifty Jammer on it that I kind of want to use? Aennar's fighters are nothing to scoff at so we gotta take any edge we can get lol

But that also has an added benefit to the thread, so I wanted to discuss with you guys before I decide on my next move. It's got a 600m jamming radius around the recluse itself, so i imagine that comms would be jammed for the first part of the dog fight at least, making it difficult to coordinate with the squadron.

It can technically be set to ignore certain frequencies, but im thinking of maybe knocking out our comms too, briefly, with the excuse that we haven't tested it before and need to run some calibrations during the fight.

I think this could help break everyone up into separate fights. For example, this could help start and maintain that 3v2 Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel 's been looking for, but also keep our own fighters from realistically reinforcing and vice versa. Or maybe even reinforcing Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla 's Sabre-1 if anyone decides to go after it. stuff like that
This'll be interesting on Kalic's side. Haha.

I think this could help break everyone up into separate fights. For example, this could help start and maintain that 3v2 Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel 's been looking for, but also keep our own fighters from realistically reinforcing and vice versa. Or maybe even reinforcing Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla 's Sabre-1 if anyone decides to go after it. stuff like that

I think this sounds great!

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch I'm sorry to hear that you have to step back. Please stay safe and healthy.

I apologize for being so intermittent, i'm sick! but I'd love to write that dog fight <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom