OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a small droid to be stowed in med packs that can help sew up wounds. Or be purchased for more domestic purposes.
- Image Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/ab/39/b4ab3971cad3308cb15f2dc085f83624.jpg
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Needed
- Model: Morphine Injecting Suture Spider(MISS)
- Production: Mass-Produced.
- Affiliation: Open-Market
- Modularity: Spool and needed can be replaced as needed. Morphine injectors can also be removed to create a domestic product for normal sewing as opposed to medical sutures.
- Material: (What is it made out of? Certain materials are more resistant, or vulnerable, to certain weapons. Example: 'Durasteel, blaster components.')
- Classification: First Degree
- Weight: .2 kg
- Height: 10 cm
- Movement: Octopedal
- Armaments: None
- Misc. Equipment: Sewing needle and thread
- Tracks and crawls along wounds to sew them together.
- Morphine injectors to numb pain
- Allows Medics to focus on other injuries
- No weaponry
- No other use than sewing things together
Upon thinking over medical items that may benefit soldiers on a battlefield, Vulpesen realized how many times he had suffered lacerations and cuts that needed to be sealed shut, though the action of doing so was often time consuming and painful, leaving his own hands unsteady, and the hands of any medic fixing him, too busy to attend to other wounded areas. Thus, the suture spider was created.
Each of its eight legs have small hooks to grip whatever being it is crawling over, negating the need for a stable platform as it works. The abdomen of the spider, holds a reel where any sort of suture silk can be placed for the spider's main function. While it sews its patient back together using the needle mechanism which goes through the middle of its back, it's fangs can deliver a measured dose of anesthetic to help the client with any pain they might feel from their battle wounds.
On a domestic scale, the MISS may have its fangs removed to become a house tool if people are not comfortable with having a morphine injecting droid in their house.
Step 1. Remove MISS from medkit
Step 2: Flick the switch on the thorax of the spider towards the abdomen(this is the suture setting).
Step 3: Place spider at one end of the wound and allow for it to recognize the path of the wound
Step 4: Release spider to afflicted area and allow it to begin suture work
Step 5: Remove spider and turn off once suture work is complete.
Step 1: Remove
Step 2: Place flick switch up towards the head(this is the sewing setting)
Step 3: Place Spider by seam
Step 4: Instruct spider in simple terms how it is to sew the seams together.
Step 5: Remove spider and turn it off once it has finished its task