Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private How Do You Do Eadu?

Tags: Joran Olan Joran Olan
Equipment: Lightsaber | Theia Glasses

Wearing: Silver Robes | Chase Spymaster

Caden stood from the controls of the Vis Inflexio.

The ship had taken some getting used to, but it was finally beginning to feel like his ship. He becoming much more familiar with how it controlled and he was beginning to learn all it's quirks and features. He was getting used to it's constant need for repairs and it's handling like a tank. He was honestly starting to love the ship the more comfortable he became with it.

Guiding it through the rainy atmosphere of Eadu had taken both skill as a pilot and trust in the force. Luckily, Caden had both. He wasn't entirely sure of where his final destination was, he was simply trusting in the force and hoping that the force was going to guide him to where he needed to be. He'd heard rumours of a force enclave operating out on the rain soaked planet, and he wanted to find it.

Change was good.

Acting as his guide was the force. Caden had done the majority of the hard work on getting to Eadu, he was just relying on the force to get him to the final destination. The force hadn't led him far wrong, and he'd soon found himself touching the ship down on the landing pads of the Eadu Enclave. A few moments later, he'd gathered all of his belongings and thrown his cloak around his shoulders and departed from the ship.

Approaching the security checkpoint, he let out a soft smile to those unfortunate enough to have pulled the early shift guarding.

"Mornin', name's Caden. What's the betting it's not gonna be as simple as just asking to be let in?"

VVVDHjr.png

Tags: Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

A RAINY WELCOME
VVVDHjr.png

Joran was in his office when the melodic chime sounded through the room. He glanced up from book he had opened just moments before; a manuscript from an ancient Jedi who had served during the times of the High Republic. Joran had been attempting to read the book since its discovery nearly three years ago, but every time he found the time something came up. He controlled his disappointment and closed the book, rising from the desk to put it back on the shelf that had many similarly unfinished books on it.

The particular chime signaled to Joran that a new arrival had come to the gate. He had made it policy within the Enclave for Joran to be notified of all new arrivals. Joran met everyone that entered the Enclave, and gave them guidance and support of they needed it at their arrival. For some, it was a traumatic event to come to Eadu; either being banished from the Core worlds or seeking to find balance within themselves and being confronted with the entrance to the journey they must undertake.

Joran made his way from his office through the Residence Hall, passing a few other Jedi and volunteers who had come to Eadu to help it, before passing through the Hall of Entry to the main courtyard, The overhanging rock canopy of the courtyard shielded those within from the worst of the rain, though small waterfalls lingered down the side of the walls to either side, rolling over murals of ancient Jedi.

Joran would find the newcomer within the courtyard. The militia trooper guarding the entrance would have checked over the individual, and after determining them to be a Jedi, allowed them entry within. Joran approached, bowing his head in greeting.
"Hello, young Jedi. I am Joran Olan, Steward of the Eadu Enclave. I welcome you to our home. May I be honored with knowing your name?"

Last edited:

Caden cast a smile towards the older male.

He'd been searched and had his identification checked. It felt like they'd checked everything at least three times. He couldn't fault the enclave for being intense and thorough though. The Jedi had been through so much throughout the last few years, it was probably worth being a little extra careful to avoid a rogue Sith sneaking through doors into the enclave.

Just for good measure though, Caden used the force to radiate a little bit of extra warmth and general lighter vibes. He'd never really dabbled with the darker aspects for the force, he'd resisted it despite every single battle he'd fought in over the years. It would have been easy to give in through the fighting and wars but somehow he'd resisted the calling.

Once they'd let him through, someone explained that the leader of the enclave would be round in a few moments and advised the young Jedi Knight to loiter. That's exactly what he did, hovering around near the entryway whilst studying the murals of The Jedi of old. Each mural had a story, each mural was a part of Jedi history that didn't deserve to be forgotten.

After just a few moments, a male approached the young Jedi Knight. Caden bowed his head in respect, and threw back his hood to reveal his features. He was happy to be under some form of cover. He was absolutely soaked through from the rain on the landing platform, however he didn't show outwards that it effected him at all. He remained just as polite as ever.

"Good morning, master Jedi. The name is Caden, Jedi Knight formerly of the Silver Jedi and The Blackguard and now serving the Galactic Alliance"

The Jedi Knight decided that it was probably better to leave out the whole trained Mandalorian thing, at least for now. Telling the story of his adventures around the different force orders however, that he was fine with sharing. He'd had adventures, seen a lot. It would help him explain why he'd come to Eadu in the first place, away from the noise of the galaxy.

"Guess it's true, you guys have got your own thing going out here. It's peaceful, out the way of everything. A place for a Jedi to relax"

VVVDHjr.png

A RAINY WELCOME
VVVDHjr.png

The individual certainly had a colorful past. Like many that called the Enclave their home, the Silver Jedi Order was a common background. It was a legacy that Joran sought to honor and emulate, and with every new addition to the Enclave, they drew closer to that goal. The addition of time within the Blackguard was a peculiarity though. To Joran's knowledge, the Blackguard were a Dark Side aligned organization, with a objective he had to admit was not too dissimilar to the Enclave's. A focus on knowledge and gathering it, but where the Enclave sought to teach with that knowledge and disseminate it, the Blackguard had sought to hoard it for themselves.

Joran reached out with the Force, subtly, and probed around the edges of the Jedi's mind, not finding any obvious lingering touches of the Dark Side, though he could be missing something. He would look into the matter in the future. Joran nodded his head at the young Jedi's words, casting his own gaze around the courtyard.

"
We seek to find balance," Joran said, his voice calm and soothing, "both within ourselves, and in the world around us. Here, on a world so controlled by nature, the Living Force, it is easier for us Jedi to find it. I, and the other Masters and instructors like me, are here to offer all the support and aid that we can to you and others in their personal journeys with the Force." Joran paused for a moment, the corner of his mouth twitching slightly.

"
What is it, Caden, that brings you to the Enclave? What is it that you seek to find while you are here?"

The Blackguard.

Caden felt the Jedi Master probing gently around the edges of his mind following the mention of his time during the organisation and he let out a little smile. A lot of people believed that The Blackguard was an organisation based in the darkness. Caden himself had thought that at once, but then he'd spent time among them and he'd realised there was more to it.

An organisation based in the force, The Blackguard believed it important that to increase knowledge within the force one had to spend time with many different force organisations. That was originally what drew Caden to them, he believed similar. The Blackguard also believed there was no inherent light or darkside of the force, and that those two opposing sides dwelled within the force user.

They wanted balance, as did most people.

By the sounds of it, so did Jordan and the Eadu Enclave. Caden listened as the Jedi spoke, acknowledging that they wanted to find balance and to offer support to all of the Jedi who happened to come through the doors of the enclave. They reminded him a lot of the Silver Jedi in that way, however instead of a temple in the trees they had a temple in the rain.

Then Joran asked what drew Caden to the Eadu Enclave, and the young Jedi paused. He knew, of course. He'd known it all the time he was training Loomi when he served with the Galactic Alliance. He was a solider, all he'd ever known was war. He wanted a break from it all, he wanted a break from all the fighting and the being used as a solider.

He knew it, but saying it was much harder. Saying it was like admitting all of the things that he had done in the heat of the battle. Saying it was like admitting to every kill he'd made against people on the battlefield. Yeah, to most they were just nameless soliders in employ by the Sith or some other organisation but they had families and friends too.

He wanted to process all of that.

As if it had been planned for the sake of dramatic effect, a gust of wind blew the rain sideways. Ice cold droplets of rain struck against the face of the young Jedi Knight, streaking softly down his face almost like tears, as if the memories he was reliving were too much.

"Peace, honestly. Figure I have something to give back, knowledge to pass on. May as well do it somewhere where I can focus on the force for once in my life, somewhere where maybe the galaxy might just provide a little bit of a break yknow?"

It wasn't entirely a lie.

VVVDHjr.png

A RAINY WELCOME
VVVDHjr.png

Joran smiled at Caden, a heartfelt expression at the man's words, though Joran could tell there were things he was withholding. That was his right; Joran had no reason to pry at this time, and to call the Jedi out for lying would be a poor way to have this initial introduction. There would be time to earn Caden's trust, and this Enclave was meant to give Jedi a deeper connection with the Force. To open themselves back up to the essence of what it meant to be a Jedi and center themselves, and find their true self once again. Caden would do that in time, Joran was certain.

"
I am pleased to hear this," Joran said, inclining his head to Caden. "All are welcome to the Enclave, and those that have something to teach are encouraged to do so. Be they Padawan, Knight or Master, there is always something to be learned from others." Joran turned then, gesturing for Caden to follow him. Joran led them back through the courtyard and up the steps to the Hall of Entry, passing through the meters tall arched entryway and past two more militia volunteer guards, a twi'lek and rodian from nearby worlds.

Joran led them down the brightly lit corridors of the Residency Hall next, every few feet showing a glass mural of a Jedi Master in the history of the Jedi Order. Jedi from centuries in the past as well as more recently known Jedi, all graced the murals, facing across to rooms where the Jedi within the Enclave slept. Joran opened one of these doors, revealing a spacious room with a bed on one side, a desk and bookshelf on the opposite wall, and its own attached refresher room.

"
If you wish it," Joran said, gesturing inside the room, "these quarters can be yours while you reside at the Enclave. Meals are held in the morning and evening, with lighter self served food available throughout the day as needed. Meals signify the beginning and end of the official class time here at the Enclave. If you need any thing specifically, If you would like, I can leave you here to get aquianted with the quarters. Otherwise, I would be glad to give you a tour of the Enclave."

Everyone had something to teach.

That much was true. Whilst a Jedi Master or a Jedi Knight could impart knowledge of the force, a young Jedi Padawan could also teach the master's a thing or two. Everyone everywhere had something to teach, and everyone everywhere had something to learn. It had taken Caden a long time to realise that, he didn't know anywhere near everything and learning was okay.

He followed the Jedi Master through the enclave and towards the living quarters. He offered a polite and respectful bow to the guards whom he passed, and stepped aside to allow a young humanoid male to run past with a pile of books. The duo walked down a corridor, again decorated with Jedi murals much like the outer courtyard they had been stood in previously.

Eventually, they reached a small bedroom, and Caden looked in. He listened to what Joran had to say, and he let out a little nod. He walked into the room, taking a few moments to cast his eyes around. It was somewhere to stay during his time on Eadu, and he was serious about wanting to settle somewhere and take his time to learn more about himself.

"The room is appreciated, Master Olan. Meals are appreciated, as is class time. I both hope to learn more about the force and teach what I have learned throughout my adventures. If you'd have me on your teaching staff, of course"

He let out a small chuckle.

"I appreciate the offer of a tour, however I'd like to get myself settled and unload my ship. Need to go rescue my astromech droid or else he's going to assume I've gone missing. Again."

He let out another soft chuckle.

"I'll have an explore of the temple in my own time, and become aquainted. I'm sure the force will guide me to where I need to be. Always have trust in the force, right?"

His chuckle became a gentle laugh, and he looked up at the Jedi Master.

"And thank you, for the opportunity. The fresh start. I hope to be of service"

VVVDHjr.png

A RAINY WELCOME
VVVDHjr.png

A kindred spirit, one who wished dearly to teach others. Joran could ask no more from another being, and he nodded his head in acceptance of the young Jedi's words. He would speak with some of the other instructors at the Enclave, the few of them that there were at this time, and work Caden into the rotation for access to one of the designated teaching areas. Not every class happened in such a specific location, sometimes Jedi took their students on field trips around the exterior of the Enclave.

"
Of course," Joran said, folding his hands behind his back. "If you need anything further, my office is two levels up and at the end of the hall to the left." Joran paused for a moment, before taking a step inside the quarters, placing a hand gently on Caden's shoulder.

"
Every being in this galaxy deserves a fresh start," Joran said "no matter their background and no matter their actions, there is always a hope for redemption and a chance for something better. To find yourself, and shake off the tethers of our past. To serve others is one of the purest forms of good that we can give back to this galaxy. We are not just soldiers, after all. We are defenders of the peace, but also healers, teachers and students, and servants of the Living Force."

Joran released his grip on Caden's shoulder and turned to depart the chamber, leaving the door open behind him as he set off back down the hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom