Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Zoinks | SJO DOM of Kwenn

Objective 1
Acaadi Acaadi | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Kei Amadis Kei Amadis | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Amadi took a moment to lean against the wall. Her breathing was labored, and her voice stuttered over the words she spoke. Really, it was all more due to the anxiety of the situation as well as pulling down the walls, rather than of her injury; The bolt hit a non-vital part of her body, and the damage done seemed mostly superficial. This was easily the most intense situation Amani had been privy to, and that combined with getting unexpectedly hit sent her into panic mode.

“I-I’m fine. Just… give me a second.”

At the very least, it gave Amani a chance to apply her training to the real world. She was a healer first and foremost, after all. Reaching over to her injured shoulder with her opposite hand, Amani closed her eyes and concentrated. The strain of focusing on the healing in addition to the wound was a less than pleasant feeling, but the pain subsided further as she held onto the connection. She looked over to see the damage, now appearing like little more than a painful burn, and she sighed it relief. It would do for now, at the very least, until getting an official check from an expert.

“Whew… ow. I’ve, uh, I’ve never been shot before.”

Amani regained her composure, she was still frazzled by the experience, but with the pain fading and the situation seemingly under control, she did her best to appear calm.

“I’m good, is everyone else okay?”

Kyra hurriedly deflected shot after shot, Kei's advice firm in her mind.

Don't always need to use a light saber.

The truth of that sat deeply in her, but it took all her concentration to feel each shot zip through them with the force, then deflect it in time. She had done this task once before-- on a slavers ship, with Acaadi. It had only been 4 blasters shooting at her then, and still .... they had broken through her guard and hit her.

Now there were countless-- dozens.

It would be so easy to freak out in this moment, but it was Acaadi's imparted confidence in her and the Master's perpetual calm that took the edge off and kept her level. Mostly. While calm was still a far cry away from her control, there was intention behind ever hurried stroke.

Dropping that saber and trying something else was not in her vocabulary, the girl unwilling to risk letting something slip even for a moment.

And still, it did.

Pain bit at Kyra's body-- burns from shots in her side and shoulder. Pure panic resonated through her, masked by the ceiling that came down and cut the group off from the immediate threat. Her saber hissed off as it slipped from her fingers. She scrambled for her shirt, yanking it up, modesty be damned, to look at the wounds. Her fingers brushed against smoothed, unmarred skin. The pain dulled, the padawan recognizing the thick layer between the pain and her own body.

As in... the pain wasn't hers.

Her head snapped up, turning wildly to survey those around them. "I-You," was all she stuttered, stress high and clear in her tone.

Amani Serys Amani Serys Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kei Amadis Kei Amadis

"I'm afraid you don't get used to being shot," Acaadi said to Amani. He wished his body could become accustomed to that pain, but having the nerve endings burned away so abruptly was not an easy thing to put out of mind.

Acaadi turned sharply towards Kyra as he saw her searching for an injury in his periphery. Not again. Blasters were going to become a trigger for her if every time she saw one she ended up getting shot.

He quickly realised what was happening when she pointed to Amani. Empathy.

"Kyra, can you block out the pain?" he asked her. It was one thing to be attached to one person, but the exhaustion and injuries from the entire group would soon add up and overwhelm the young zelton.

"We might be able to get out through the roof!" he declared, pointing to the ladder that led up to the platform at the start of the course. He could feel the encroaching darkness all around. "If we keep up high we might be able to outrun them and get away from here."

#Objective 1
Allies:
Acaadi Acaadi | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Amani Serys Amani Serys

Two? injured in their number besides himself, Amadis didn’t know what healing they had been trained in. A field lesson on themselves wasn't exactly perfect. Needs must, things often happened that way. While Acaadi Acaadi looked or made a way out he went over to check on each of them.

Amani Serys Amani Serys
“Did well. Trust in yourself and the force.” First he was at Amaani’s side, she was tense and understandable so. You never got used to getting shot, at least he hoped they never did. “May I?” Amadis asked. If she accepted, the muscle around her wound might relax. People often closed wounds, but the body didn’t always immediately right itself, that took some conscious effort, at least for him. Like walking on a leg after an injury, or flexing an arm after the muscle had been repaired. Although Cathbodua Cathbodua would probably have healed everyone in one go, minus the recovery time! Some were just naturally gifted. Unknown to him he had to put in almost no effort, as Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was helping take the pain and probably the tension with it.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl
Either way if Amanni accepted his help or not, he’d nod and move to the next patient. Unlike the order's master healer Cathbodua, Coci or even Taiden, Amadis wasn’t exactly a skilled healer, he was a put on a bandage on it type, dress the wound and get the Padawan back to the medics. So when he looked over Kyra Perl Kyra Perl there was some confusion. “Were you shot?” When he realised she wasn’t, the Epicthix nodded, “thanks.” Taking a moment to make sure she was okay with the experience of her ability. Jedi sometimes did feel the injuries of others, the language of pain Taiden called it. Though there were more fancy names that Echani liked his poetic license plenty enough already. “Let mine go, help her. Focus and Choose.” Not getting lost in your abilities was important, that was one well-trodden pathway to the Sith, so he wanted Kyra to focus on Amani at first to get used to this.

Then him. Yeah he still had the burn on his rib to deal with, the armor had taken most of the shot, even if the pain was missing to Kyra. He pulled out a bacta hypo, unclipped the armor at the abs and jabbed it in, people didn't realise that armor often didn't stop the bruising either. No healing techniques for the old vet, just the scars of too many contact wounds or worse below. Clipping the suit back up, Kei nodded to Kyra Perl Kyra Perl once more for the assist before he moved on.

Acaadi Acaadi
“How we doing?” He asked Acaadi, “you did well too, kept your head." He looked around the group, meh he felt old. Amadis was getting old, he knew he had less years ahead than he had behind. He hoped though that when he left this galaxy it was a bit better off than when he had entered it. Maybe that was vanity in him, but right now there were just physical tunnels to dig out of.

Ura nodded when Acaadi told her were exactly a heart was, and quickly stabbed into one's chest. It wasn't long though until the roof seemed to come crumbling down. Good. They were gone. They were gone. They.... Dang it the fear was coming back up. Stories from elders that lived through the Empire definitely didn't help her here. What was almost ancient for everyone else here was pretty recent history to her. It seemed to stop though when she could feel both Kyra and Amani in pain. The Lervon quickly went over, noticing only Amani seemed injured. Wait.... Empath. Right.

She looked at Amani, then Kei as they worked on the wound. "I'd help, but I don't understand how. And last time I helped with healing.... I'll just say me and Acaadi got closer and leave it there." Ura then looked at Kyra, just to be sure her friend was ok. The sandy padawan went up, checking on her. "You ok? I... I don't know enough to tell."

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Acaadi Acaadi Kei Amadis Kei Amadis Amani Serys Amani Serys

Objective 1
Acaadi Acaadi | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Kei Amadis Kei Amadis | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Amani was surprised to see Kyra Perl Kyra Perl reacting similarly to herself. Had she been hit, too? There didn’t appear to be any physical injury. For the slightest of moments in her panic, she even thought that Kyra may have been mocking her. The delusion faded just as quickly when Amani realized the emotion on Kyra’s face was genuine, leaving her all the more confused.
“Did y-? How-? Did you feel that?”

Amani turned to see what Acaadi Acaadi was pointing out. “Not a bad idea. Hopefully this won’t slow me too much.” She attempted lifting her arm up a few times to simulate climbing. It hurt, that was for sure, but when your options are dying in an abandoned warehouse surrounded by stormtrooper zombies, or pushing through the pain and escaping to live another day, people tend to go for the latter. “Unless anyone has a better suggestion…”

She looked over to Kei Amadis Kei Amadis , “Go ahead,” Amani relaxed her shoulder, and let Amadis check it himself. Even after seeing it, Amani still didn’t fully trust her own abilities. It was the first time she had healed herself, at least from anything substantial, so she had no problem getting a second opinion now.

Kyra simply reeled in place. The master seemed to think she meant to help, and even if she was in a position to access words clearly-- she wasn't going to correct him. Everyone noticed the position she was in, and in some ways she was grateful for their sharp concern over her health.

It did a lot to help her not get overwhelmed, knowing you have support around you.

The master wanted her to let go of his pain, but truthfully she didn't know how. For a moment that simple truth was soul-shattering. But Ura's concern as she approached her was a balm on her panic. She reached out, her white-knuckled hands digging into the sand. A deep breath was taken. Then another one.

Judah's teachings echoed back into her mind.

Everyone's presence separated from the haze of chaos that her senses absorbed, each person crystallizing to a warm glow of light. Life. The force.

But more importantly-- emotions.

She tried to withdraw completely. Technics of picking and choosing were not yet among her skill set. She find marginal success in her task, the zeltron ignoring the others as they fussed and talked and planned a way out. When she settled, she looked up to find them staring at the ceiling.

"Oh no," she complained, their gaze ominous. "I suck at force jump. Uh-uh. No, no."

"Well between us I'm sure we can managed an acceptable Force catch," mused Acaadi. He shouldn't have been able to find his sense of humour. Not here, not in this situation. There was something so surreal, so impossible about it that his mind hadn't fully let it all sink in yet.

"I'm going for a look at least," he said.

Acaadi climbed up quickly, back to the platform. The obstacle course would not evade him forever. It was buried with half of the undead troopers.

Leaping upwards, he grabbed a bent girder and shimmied up to the corrugated steel roof.

"II can hear blaster shots," he called down. "There must be more of them around."

#Objective 1
Allies: Acaadi Acaadi | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Amani Serys Amani Serys

So they were climbing up to the obstacle course once more, or what was left of it, then the roof. Kei decided to let the padawans create an exit, for once he was giving up control. Idly he wondered what his old Master Kiskla or Coci would have said at that turn of events. He’d not thought about his own training for over a decade. Done as a needs must favor at the time. In Kei's eyes they needed to learn what tools they had, they needed to learn survival skills. With Acaadi Acaadi leading the way ahead, he was happy the padawan showed initiative. It reminded him of a friend in his earliest days that had gone on to great things.

“Then don’t jump.” Kei grinned at Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . “All of this can be your ally. Everything you see or know.” He would say feel but students needed to get to that last one on their own. “Be creative,” he added a somewhat reassuring but amused grin from the Master if they looked.

For anyone uncertain, the Jedi master didn’t jump, he made sure the way up was secure testing it with his own weight, attaching a Climbing Synthrope to the upper portion, well used to grappling tools, the knot was firm. Then he hopped down, not landing with grace but steady, and leaving the rope hanging to offer support. Not to forget if anything was in the way they also carried a...

"Going to be able to make that climb or jump?” Ura Iolar Ura Iolar , Kei asked the padawan, unsure of her species or what they were capable of. The rope there now as an assist, if she needed it, or if any of them did.

It wasn’t the only assist. The Jedi Master was there, and though he wouldn’t say it, if they found themselves slightly over or under jumping they might get a boost or be steadied at the top, if they climbed and looked like they were going to slip their hands or feet might be steadied. He would wait calmly at the bottom, even as the noises around them were rustling still. Especially focused on Amani Serys Amani Serys with her recent shoulder injury, and Kyra's hesitation at jumping there, "steady on the shoulder," Amani Serys Amani Serys , Kei added with a nod.

"New rule. Sucking at force jump is okay." Good-natured jedi-mastery teasing was there but done in good faith. If only they knew the number of times he'd landed heavily, never mind watching him fly anything.

Noises below them stirring loudly... he waited until the last of them was up, calm and steady.

Last edited:
Acaadi Acaadi Kei Amadis Kei Amadis Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Amani Serys Amani Serys

Ura looked around, quickly noticing that Kyra wasn't too keen on the idea of Force Jumping out. Acaadi and Kei both gave suggestions, but the Lervon just put a sandy hand on her friends shoulder. The Padawan then spoke up, addressing both Kei and Kyra.

"If you need help Kyra, I can try and help. At this distance, should be easy for me to reach." She looked at hear friend, waiting for the Padawan to decide what to do while listening to the blasters. Her structure seemed to shift around as she looked back. "C-can we get going quick. I'm not sure if I can handle fighting them again."

Kyra glanced around, giving the group a series of unsure and tentative glances. It wasn't a common thing-- seeing Kyra without confidence, but in that moment she felt as unsure and small as a mouse.

In the end it was the sound of the undead scurrying up to them that got her moving. She swallowed hard, feeling their support bare down on her, and jumped. The force surged under her, aiding in her decent. Acaadi received an outstretched, well-manicured hand, reaching desperately for his aid.

This would be the perfect time to turn the tables on her. Like she did that time to him on Kashyyyk.

Last edited:
Objective 1

“Alright. I can do this,” Amani quietly muttered in an attempt to hype herself up. She followed Acaadi’s lead, using the rope set up by Amadis to help her up. The movement was strenuous on her arm, but the adrenaline was pushing her through.

She relented for a moment to the pain, and paused to let it die down and examine the situation. Yep, those were honest-to-goodness zombies, alright. Amani wasn’t sure she’d ever get over that.

She checked down at the others to see how it was going, then looked to Acaadi, “Any idea how many there are?”

Acaadi wasn't going to bring up the kashyyyk tree incident now, but as he helped Kyra Perl Kyra Perl up the slightest quiver in the corner of his mouth suggested it was going to come up later. Assuming they got out of this alive.

"I don't know," he told Amani Serys Amani Serys There were too many for him to try and mentally wade through the web of dark forces to identify. He cast a glance towards Kei Amadis Kei Amadis as if he might know.

"Let's keep moving."

He scrabbled onto a corrigated steel roof. It wasn't as difficult to traverse as the obstacle course they had left behind but this time the stakes were real. More undead troopers were crawling up from the dark depths.

"We'll have to jump to the next roof too," he called out. It was an old abandoned office block. An ugly, square thing of duracrete with smashed up windows. "If anyone falls short we'll catch them," he said firmly.

#Objective 1
Allies: Acaadi Acaadi | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Amani Serys Amani Serys

Steadying any that needed it in the force as they climbed. He was tiring further, but taking a page out of Tadien's book was only showing a brief sweat. Assuming they were all up, if not Kei waited until they all were, right about until stormtrooper zombies were clawing at his feet, the closest ones force pushed away as he jumped clear up, landing heavily on the roof and balancing himself. Cutting the climbing rope, unable to pull it free of those below, it fell to many hands grasping for it.

Acaadi wanted to do another jump, this one without the safety net, and he was all out of rope.”Nobodies falling.” Amadis stated with certainty because if they did they’d find him again catching them in the force. Looking out across the divide to prepare.

“Might be scary, that’s okay. Important thing is fear doesn’t control you. Anger doesn’t, hate doesn’t.” Amadis said to the rear of them, that was critical for all of them. “Have that choice, how to act, always.” It wasn’t even Jedi that could choose to hate or not, it was everyone, it was a simple thing that destroyed worlds in the wrong hands, broke apart lives, shattered families. It was always a choice.

“You will not fall.” Amadis again stated as they prepared for this very real jump. A test of faith in the force and themselves. Even as the rustle of the stormtroopers below intensified, slowly finding their way up the climbing hole they had come from, though with much less tact as many were falling back down. The slowest to move might find one or two undead stormtroopers taking aim at the ceiling, not that they’d get through on the first shots to the roof the Padawans stood upon.

----

Like Kashyyyk, they weren’t the only ones thinking about trees, as Kei spoke into his communicator.

“Amadis actual, Captain Karris?” There was a short pause.

“Yes Kei?” Very little formality in his own communications with navy staff, not like the old days.

“Have the Silver-Sentinel target our training position and prepare for sustained, low yield, minimum collateral fire, Over.”

“Your position? This isn’t like Kashyyyk again is it? Over”

Very funny, “that was one time. Aim and hold till I give the word. Copy”

----

Ura was quick to followed the others, climbing up the rope as a mere mass of sand and didn't shift back when she noticed the zombies coming. In fact, she didn't reform her humanoid appearance until she had darted behind Kyra, Acaadi, and Amani. Even when she reformed her crystal structure kept shifting around. She was trying not to give into fear with this, but it was hard. Then Acaadi said they'd need to jump to another building.

"Amani, Kyra. Can you two make that distance?" Even if her voice didn't say it, emotions around her showed that she was asking out of genuine concerned. Her mind was rattling though. Stormtroopers. Back from the grave. Ugh....

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Acaadi Acaadi Amani Serys Amani Serys Kei Amadis Kei Amadis

How could she not be scared staring on that ledge? The thought ran through her head on repeat as everyone gathered around in a huddle of stress.

Fear.

Unsureness.

How could she bring herself to not feel what everyone else already did?

The girl quaked, visibly shaking. It was so obvious to her in that moment that her life was on the line. All their lives were on the line, and now she had to demonstrate control over a skill she had never even tried to control before. She didn't want to freeze up again-- her friends needed her. She took deep breaths, keeping herself present the most mindfulness she could manage in that moment.

Wow, maybe the masters had been right after all. Maybe mental strength really was a necessary thing.

People spoke but she did not hear them. Her vision babbled with each quake that filed her body, locked on the ground bellow. They were so high...

Shoots rang out. She jumped out of fear.

Not strength.

Not courage.

The sound startled her and she screeched, sending herself flying away from it. Her arms flailed through the air. She wasn't going to make it. She felt the force surge around her, ordered by someone behind her.

The nudge was enough. The girl splattered against the next roof top, scrapping her legs.

Acaadi ran into his leap, building the Force around him as he went. He had to make this jump. If he didn't, it was the horde. Fortunately they seemed to have buried most of those who had found working blasters.

They weren't true zombies. They might have been left with mere simple programming that had decayed over a thousand years, but they used lengths of steel and any other weapons they could reach.

Acaadi was aware of the white forms below as he arced over the street to land on concrete. He tried to tucked onto a graceful roll but ended up sliding across the harsh ground and scraping more skin than Kyra.

Kei Amadis Kei Amadis Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Amani Serys Amani Serys Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

"I guess we'll see, huh?"

Amani gave herself as much of a running start as she could, and she was going to need it. As she ran towards the edge, she listened to Kei's advice and pushed the self-doubt out of her mind. The Force swelled up around her, and she propelled herself off the edge of the roof. Her eyes were closed for about half the jump, when she opened them to see that her jump was... just a little short.

She started to panic, and the Force behind her jump began to falter and gravity began to take control. With one last effort, she threw her hands out and though she didn't quite the roof, she managed to cling onto the ledge of one of the windows on the top floor. Pulling herself onto the sill she was scraped by shards of glass, but at this point it was of little concern to her at this point.

She stood up and looked down at the horde below them. Amani was not much of one for foul language, but one particularly foul word came out anyways. She tried to slow down her breathing, and looked up; The roof wasn't far, she might be able to get up with a little effort. With one last Force Jump, or more aptly hop in this case, she was able to at least get her arms over the roof ledge.

"A little... help here?"

Last edited:
Tag: Acaadi Acaadi | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Amani Serys Amani Serys

After steadying Kyra and giving her that nudge, nobody was dropping. “Your turn,” Ura Iolar Ura Iolar . Only after they’d all made their jump did he move. Kei’s use of the force was far from graceful, which some might say was his biggest weakness. Looking back at the gap they’d come out of, the first zombiefied stormtrooper had reached the roof, giving it a kickback down for good measure, Amadis spun toward the gap, the shots still hitting the ceiling, one or two were getting through now.

A good jump in the force carried the armored Jedi Master far over the divide, landing the otherside, and allowing himself a step forward to gain balance, the roof still crunched slightly and he scuffed the armored boot, placing hand down to steady himself.

Looking them over, one was missing, Amani.

Little help?

Extending a hand down she wouldn’t fall, ~no time to be hanging around~ the Master sent faintly through the force to Amani Serys Amani Serys with his usual grin, leaning fully over the edge. With both hands he picked her up by the waist, pulling her over his shoulder if she accepted, and gently placing her down to his side. Kei let her go with a firm nod. "Everyone alive?" Looking over the scrapes and bruises on the group, remembering them well, pre armor Kei.

Hopefully someone could look to the bruises or the pain? His hands were full. Ura Iolar Ura Iolar , Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , Amani Serys Amani Serys

"We got a way down?" Acaadi Acaadi , Kei asked. Zombie bucketheads were still crawling to the top of the roof opposite, be nice if they didn't have to jump on their increasingly sore or grazed legs. Either way with more threatening to escape the facility. "Central, Amadis, commence bombardment of the target building in thirty seconds. Focused and low yield, no splash. Do a low pass. Over" Low yield so although they might feel the impacts it wouldn't destroy the building opposite quickly but would end them outpouring to the surrounding area, no splash as he didn't feel like being hit by friendly fire again.

"Copy that, aces are high, ETA 30 seconds your location. Hold on tight Jedi."
Amadis's coms were on his wrist and turned up so they could all hear that.

And so several starfighters could be seen in the distance, tiny specs at first, the captain Karris above and Kei opting for the more pinpoint choice. And yes somewhere because they were all nostalgic so and so's, in some cockpit, a very old squadron song played away for the wildcards. Hoo ra.

Acaadi Acaadi Kei Amadis Kei Amadis Amani Serys Amani Serys Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Ura nodded to Kei, and quickly leapt across, again more or less launching herself as a mound of sand rather than looking like a humanoid. She'd reform the moment she landed, and looked back down before hiding behind Acaadi.

"D-d-did it have to be Stormtroopers? Couldn't it have been... ewoks, or something that wasn't a trooper?" But then Kei ordered something to come, and Ura was quick to note the fighter.

"Starfighters? Starfighters!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom