Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
d9z5po1-099a445e-bb5c-48be-9ee3-7c6ea0bbcecb.png
OIP.vRdPAeyQM9dHIZ3MaB_eIQHaHa
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Ziuna
  • Demonym: None
  • Region: Unknown Regions
  • System Name: Ziuna
  • System Features: Hyperviolet Sun, One Moon, Planetary Ring. The Planet itself is not detectible due to its Force nexus and the storms it produces. The only safe way to reach its surface is through a portal on its moon that is somewhat similar to a Netherworld portal. The Sun itself is actually a giant, radioactive Kyber crystal that radiates an intense purple flame hotter than any normal sun and produces a hyperviolet (purple on black) light. While the planet is protected from the heat and radiation of the sun by its Force nexus, the moon is not.
    Web_capture_20-4-2023_223815_www.starwarsrp.net.jpeg
  • Major Imports: None
  • Major Exports: None
  • Unexploited Resources: None.
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: x3 Standard
  • Climate: None
  • Primary Terrain: Barren and desolate.
  • Atmosphere: Type IV
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: N/A There are no cities.
  • Planetary Features: Crags, fissures, caverns
  • Major Locations:
    • Portal from moon to planet surface that activates only on a Solar Eclipse.
    • Ruins of an abandoned Qi-Kan temple that was started and never finished.​
    • Portal from planet back to the moon. Located in the center of the unfinished temple.
  • Force Nexus (Optional): Yes
    Intent: To provide a reason for its unique state of existence and how it links to three other "Worlds of Light"
    Nexus Name: Ziuna
  • Nexus Alignment: Neutral, Cosmic
  • Size: Planetary
  • Strength: Strong
  • Accessibility: N/A
  • Effects: The Force nexus of Ziuna hides it from detection by throwing off sensors and scanning equipment. This nexus can feel bewildering to anyone not familiar with either Netherworld energy or the power of the Cosmic Force, and they may feel varying degrees of paranoia if they have any kind of Force Sense ability. To those rare individuals that can tap into such powers, this nexus will give a major boost. Weaker willed individuals, or those already predisposed, are more likely to find themselves drifting toward chaotic or spontaneous tendencies, though generally in a more positive manner. These individuals tend to exhibit a sense of excitement, regardless of the circumstance. The nexus can also cause random thunderstorms that have purple lightning and temporarily increase the gravity to x11. These storms are sometimes called "gravity storms" or "chaos storms." These storms further throw off any electrical equipment and make it extremely difficult for any ship to land safely on the planet. The nexus also protects it from the heat ultraviolet radiation of the hyperviolet sun. The nexus also seems to randomly spawn Netherworld rifts that can spawn netherbeasts.
POPULATION
  • Native Species: Netherbeasts, Space Wraiths
  • Immigrated Species: Starweirds
  • Population: Uninhabited
  • Demographics: No "living" creatures.
  • Primary Languages: None
  • Culture: None
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: None
  • Affiliation: Cosmic Force
  • Wealth: None
  • Stability: N/A
  • Freedom & Oppression: N/A
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: None
  • Technology: None
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Ziuna is pretty much an unknown planet located in a far corner of the Unknown Regions. The moon is the only guaranteed safe way to actually reach the planet surface. There is a portal to the planet's surface on the moon, which only activates during a solar eclipse. The planet itself seems to have a deep connection with the Cosmic Force.
The surface of the planet is almost entirely barren and desolate, with only some crags and caverns here and there that were formed, not by water, but seemingly by the Will of the Force itself. There are no "living inhabitant upon the planet, whether flora or fauna. The only creatures that can be encountered here are Space Wraiths, which aren't "living" in the traditional sense, and Starweirds. Rifts from the Netherworld may also open randomly, allowing Netherbeasts to appear.
The planet receives protection from the heat and radiation of the sun, leaving it on the cool side, but the moon is not. The moon is irradiated and scorched from the sun.
The planet has random "gravity/chaos storms" that produce purple lightning (with no clouds - the lightning is the only visible sign of an approaching storm) and increases the gravity from threefold standard to elevenfold standard. These storms also surround the planet about 15km above the surface and cause equipment to malfunction. This makes it incredibly dangerous to try to land directly on the planet surface itself.
Both the planet and moon have no atmosphere or breathable air and require protective suits at all times in order to survive.
The only outstanding feature on the planet is the single artificial structure. The Qi-Kan tried to build a temple here to live by guidance of the Force. They tried to build four temples across four planets with particular Force Nexus, according to the four primary aspects of the Force: the Physical Force, the Living Force, the Cosmic Force, and the Unifying Force. The temple for the Cosmic Force was never finished. The Qi-kan mysteriously vanished before it was ever finished.

Last edited:
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

This is a cool concept, however, the Netherworld Map was removed and we're not subbing Planets there. There's no real option or way to at the moment. Even when the map did exist it was usually a series of connected locations, islands, etc - Not entire worlds. Nether Locations are still perfectly fine...But any planet would need to be based in Realspace. You can convert it to a Location Submission or return it to Realspace.

I can leave it here so you can make adjustments or I can move it to the Pre-Codex if you'd like to work on it. Let me know.

This is a cool concept, however, the Netherworld Map was removed and we're not subbing Planets there. There's no real option or way to at the moment. Even when the map did exist it was usually a series of connected locations, islands, etc - Not entire worlds. Nether Locations are still perfectly fine...But any planet would need to be based in Realspace. You can convert it to a Location Submission or return it to Realspace.

I can leave it here so you can make adjustments or I can move it to the Pre-Codex if you'd like to work on it. Let me know.
Would it be ok to say it's in realspace but still keep the Netherworld qualities? And would it be ok to still say it isn't visible due to the Force Nexus? If so, I can edit that quickly with little problem.

Last edited:

If it's not within the Netherworld then it shouldn't have Netherworld qualities, however, you could use a Force Nexus to simulate the effects you're looking for. But if you're using a Planetary Force Nexus to do that it would need to be fleshed out as to where, when, how, and why this is happening. We can say it's "hard to find" or something about the Nexus throws scanning equipment and FU's off but we shouldn't have an invisible/stealth planet.

You could even include a natural nebula cloud around it that makes it hard to scan, etc, or see what's inside of it. It's not perfect but definitely an option.

Srina Talon Srina Talon I removed mention of being hidden from view in realspace and said it is hidden by detection due to the Force nexus and the storms it produces, which now also surround the planet, preventing any ship from being able to land (so I can still have the portal viable.)

Only thing is, can I still use the Netherworld beasts, or should I just completely omit them? I did add Space Wraiths as a native species.

You can have rifts that let Netherbeasts come and go. The only concern is really ensuring that the planet is solidly in realspace. Where there's a will there's a way for people to get to the surface, but, the Storm and the Force could make it harder/more difficult.

A completely stealth planet is a no go xD

A completely stealth planet is a no go xD
??? It isn't anymore. I'd removed that. It just isn't picked up on scanners is all. Completely visible, aside from the storms surrounding the atmosphere. Unless you're saying I can't say there's no way to safely land without crashing or using the portal. But that would just take out the fun of my idea in the first place. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

??? It isn't anymore. I'd removed that. It just isn't picked up on scanners is all. Completely visible, aside from the storms surrounding the atmosphere. Unless you're saying I can't say there's no way to safely land without crashing or using the portal. But that would just take out the fun of my idea in the first place. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

The Codex isn't made for "gate keeping" and by design there will be players that will challenge "not being able to land" because writers are permitted to write on any planet. Custom or Canon.

I was just reiterating the issues of a "stealth" planet. At the end of the day you can't really control how characters arrive to the world which is why I mention expressing that you can make it "difficult" for people to land. Due to a variety of reasons that you're free to list... That's perfectly fine. But, you can't control what writers do in that fashion.

Otherwise, that's calling a hit.

The Codex isn't made for "gate keeping" and by design there will be players that will challenge "not being able to land" because writers are permitted to write on any planet. Custom or Canon.

I was just reiterating the issues of a "stealth" planet. At the end of the day you can't really control how characters arrive to the world which is why I mention expressing that you can make it "difficult" for people to land. Due to a variety of reasons that you're free to list... That's perfectly fine. But, you can't control what writers do in that fashion.

Otherwise, that's calling a hit.
The "stealth" part still confuses me, but I get what you're saying on the other part. I changed the wording to say the moon portal was the only safe way, not the only way. Reiterated that the storms make it incredibly dangerous to try to land directly on the planet, but I never say it's impossible. That way it still has the RP flavor of using the moon portal, but it isn't a strict requirement.

From what I'm reading you've resolved the stealth issues, but, this part:

These storms are sometimes called "gravity storms" or "chaos storms." These storms further throw off any electrical equipment and prevent any ship from landing on the planet.

From the Nexus contradicts with the info below. Should be an easy fix to just say "makes it hard for ships to land" or something to that effects.

Once you've updated that I'll get you settled :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom