Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
"A man can have anything if he is willing to sacrifice everything."
- Mission Vao's first entry in her journal
ab560553753b23e1cf2bbb45432afc2e.jpg
NAME: Zagara Vao
FACTION: The Mandalorian Clans
SPECIES: Twi'lek-Togruta Hybrid (Dominantly Twi'lek Appearance)
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 167cm
WEIGHT: 55kg
EYES: Purple
HAIR: N/A
SKIN: Red
FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:

Strengths:

- Zagara's part Togruta, and thus has a heightened sensitivity to people and objects without need for the Force. This gives her quicker reflexes, and allows her to adapt quickly in battle.
- Zagara is a fast learner. While the range of topics that interest her is narrow, she can quickly grasp the gist of things "by feel" and really lets herself go when it comes to things she is genuinely passionate about.
- Adept in Jakelian & Teras Kasi

Weaknesses:

- Zagara is generally emotionally unintelligent. She can practice tactical restraint moderately when negotiating, but is usually quick to lose her temper, lash out or start fights when she feels that she has been slighted.
- Zagara is a cynic. It's very hard for her to genuinely trust other people - no doubt a result of her rough upbringing as a slave, prostitute and dancer. She's either very warm with someone, or is colder than the ice on Hoth to them.

APPEARANCE:
Physically, Zagara is your run-of-the-mill Twi'lek female specimen, save for the distinctive markings on her lekku that suggest she also has Togruta blood running through her veins. Her firebrand red skin and purple eyes are an intense contrast that captivate many, and many a suitor have been drawn in by these aesthetic qualities, only to find out that beneath the slender and typically soft appearance of her species, Zagara possesses an uncanny wiry strength and agility that take most by surprise.

BIOGRAPHY:
Zagara Vao - born to a local Twi'lek bureaucrat and a Togruta prostitute, only knew hardship and a life of servitude growing up. Her mother did her best to raise her and buy her what meager education a slave's allowance could buy, but that did little to deny the realities of slavery. Countless squabbles with other children and slaves when fighting for rations hardened her, and taught her how to live on next to nothing.

By age 18, after an entire lifetime working as a dancer and a slave for one master after another (and the death of her mother after a brutal beating at the hands of a master), an opportunity finally presented itself - and in one night, she managed to kill the master in his sleep, but not before also terminating the other slaves in his house - including her closest friends (fellow slaves), who tried to stop her. But she would not be deterred, and managed to make an escape via a smuggling vessel by hiding in the cargo hold and then assassinating the crew after leaving low orbit from Ryloth. Anything and everything she found on-board and managed to get her hands on since then, she has learned to make do with.

To date, she has since signed up with the Mandalorians while pursuing a large amount of her time hunting both Jedi and Sith artifacts and relics, seeking to grow in strength every day and understand a little more about the ethereal Force and her sensitivity to it.
SHIP:
Zagara stole her former master's smuggling ship - a dynamic-class freighter she has since renamed the "Pride of Ryloth". Due to her flying solo to-date however, its full defensive capabilities have yet to to be maximized. She requires companions and droids to keep it operating at tip-top shape, although for traveling within the sector her knowledge of ship maintenance gets her by.

EQUIPMENT/PERSONAL EFFECTS:

1. Mandalorian Battle Armor
a. dual firing grappling hooks
b. hidden vibroblades in armor gauntlets
c. portable flamethrower (hidden in armor forearm plating unit)
d. light jetpack

2. Double-Edged (Detachable) Vibrosword
3. Kolto Ration Packs

KILLS:
- N/A as of now

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
- N/A as of now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:
- N/A as of now

EXTRA:

* Zagara's Song

Zagara Vao

(Sample RP/Getting to know Zagara)

(The following recording is an excerpt from the journal pad of Zagara Vao's Togrutan mother, Agni Grell, and is dated when Zagara would have been in her infancy)

"The mystic from Lessu was a madman, surely. I mean, what kind of an old geezer sits around plazas in cloaks and begs, and then offers nothing but paltry little 'visions'? But I can't dismiss what he said - it's almost as if he knows it's going to happen anyway. Does the universe really work that way? He looked at my Zagara with those yellow eyes from under his cloak like he knew something - like he knew Zagara. It just didn't feel right. Bah, nonsense. I'm only vexing myself.

My dear Zagara, when you grow up and read this, always remember that your fate is tethered to the actions you take - not hoodoo magic conjurers and conartists here on Ryloth. Always please keep close to your heart the knowledge that there is good in the world, and good worth fighting for. I know I'm angry, but I'm only angry because I only want to protect you, my dear sweet Zagara. I know someday you'll grow up to be beautiful, even more beautiful than I, and by then I pray you may have the strength of character, insight and intelligence to finally buy your freedom.

But enough of this for now I guess. Mommy has to go to the palace now and perform. Dinner won't buy itself.

Until later tonight again, Zagara. Mommy loves you."

Zagara Vao

(Sample RP/Getting to know Zagara)

TITLE: FIRST BLOOD

The small group of little children encircled the red-skinned Twi'lek, now weeping and vainly wiping the tears from her eyes as the others laughed at her, having just wrestled her small ration bar from her.

"Old Agni Grell's not around to help you now, Z! Hahaha!", one of the young human slaves mocked as the others joined in and made fun of the Twi'lek youth. There were also young Gamorreans and Trandoshans in the group, who made it a daily task to pick on little Zagara when her mother was away at work, no doubt dancing or selling herself out in one of the many palaces around Lessu.

"You can't do anything about it! We're in charge now!"
"Yeah, get away from us, you red-skinned freak!"

Little Zagara was on her knees and still wiping her tears as a human approached her and whispered, "the masters don't have a use for you yet, Z. Your brain tails haven't even grown yet, like your mom's! Maybe if he hurt you know they won't mind yet right?"

It was at that moment that Zagara noticed that the little boy was holding her ration bar. Through the sobs and water in her eyes she managed to make it out - her hunger pangs now crying out for nourishment as her vision zeroed in on the little brown stick he held away from her. Slowly, but surely, her desperate cries ceased to soft sobs as self-pity gave way to anger and frustration.

"Give it back! That's mine!", Zagara cried one last time as she looked up at him from her knees, her eyes swollen and red from crying, and still flowing.

"Make me."

With a quick clenching of her teeth, little Z's eyes squinted and after a brief stare down with her bully, her little fist full of sand gathered up from the floor came right up at him, blinding the youth as she rose to her feet and quickly grabbed the bar from his hands. Zagara then pushed him down onto his back on the floor as the others watched in horror, now crying foul-play or telling her to stop it - but she wouldn't. Zagara was up to the stubs of her brain tails with these bantha poodoos, and she wasn't going to take it anymore. A quick bite off her ration bar, and somewhere between her watery eyes and swollen face a small smile emerged; proud that she had managed to stand up to herself - for the first time- without her mother.

She then slowly bent over and grabbed the human youth by his lapel, pulling him towards her as he now also cried and wiped desperately to get the dust out of his eyes.

"The next time you try and mess with me Voss, it'll be more than just your eyes!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom