Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Zûtadasi (Cursed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yidhra

Mars Tsosûtiyakûtiyuska
shane-baxley-4416-baxley-creature-muzzled1lo.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION

• Name: Zûtadasi

• Designation: Semi-sentient

• Homeworld: Athiss and Raekkar

• Language: High Sith, Sith

• Average Lifespan: They die when their ship is destroyed.

• Estimated Population: Scattered

• Description: Nightmare fuel.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION

• Breathes: Type I through III

• Average height of adults: 2 m

• Average length of adults: /

• Skin color: Grays and reds

• Hair color: /

• Distinctions: They are tall, gangly creatures, flesh merged with steel. In the place of arms they have maimed, modified, and grafted appendages, shaped purposefully to interface with the ship. Their features have been sewn, burned, or otherwise removed to prevent recognition.

• Races: Worker drones and Pilots. The former crew, operate, and maintain the ship, while the latter fly any fighters that reside on board.

• Strengths:
    Hive mind: All the Zûtadasi on the ship are connected to each other, which is also the only way they communicate. This ensures they are always operating at peak efficiency and in unison. A Sith Lord controlling the ship can also tap into this collective hive mind and issue specific instructions.
    Ship-bound: They are bound to the ship they are created for, and thus know it intimately. The layout and operation of their vessel are quite literally burned into their mind during inception. They cannot get lost, and need no eyes to navigate the ship they belong to.
    Eternally loyal: Every shred of free will is eradicated from the Zûtadasi when they are created. They are incapable of mutiny, resistance, or sabotage. As they lack any intelligence of their own, they also cannot be manipulated through the Force to do ill to their ship. It's like a restraining bolt on a droid, except it's done through alchemy – If they try to do it, it kills them.
    Sithspawn: As with most creatures altered through the Dark side, the Zûtadasi boast a robustness that belies their build. They move more quickly and are stronger than an ordinary human. Before succumbing to their wounds, a Zûtadasi can take quite a beating. As they lack intelligence, they will not flee from a fight even when it is clear they will perish.

• Weaknesses:
    Ship-bound: The Zûtadasi live and die with their ship. They cannot leave the confines of the vessel they are bound to – if someone else were to forcibly remove them from their ship, they would die within minutes.

Poor fighting skills: As they were engineered to operate and fly ships, the Zûtadasi are not proficient warriors despite their often violent roots. Their limbs were uniquely shaped to interface with the ship, and are thus incapable of operating normal weapons like blasters or vibroblades.
    Blind: Though this does not impede their ability to navigate and operate the ship, it does impede their ability to detect intruders. While they still possess senses like smell and hearing, someone skilled in stealth could sneak past a Zûtadasi without much trouble.
CULTURE

• Diet: The Dark Side

• Communication: Ship-level hive mind

• Technology level: Whatever the ship provides.

• Religion/Beliefs: They exist to serve the Sith and the ship.

• General behavior: The only purpose they have left in life is to serve their ship until it dies. They don’t eat, they don’t sleep, they don’t socialize – eternally they haunt the halls of their vessel, maintaining its function. If there ever comes a moment when there is nothing to do, a Zûtadasi will simply stand still in some dark corner until the ship calls upon them again.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

As with any proper totalitarian regime, there is a secret police, and there are enemies of the state. In a regime founded and run by and for Sith Purebloods, there are enemies of state aplenty. Those who oppose too much, too loudly, disappear, never to be seen again. While many are simply liquidated for their trouble, many more are packed like cattle into secret cells in secret dungeons.

There, the Kissai come, and twist these unwilling creatures through alchemy and sorcery into mindless drones, fueled by the Dark side itself. Scientists deform their bodies and defile their identity, leaving but shells of the individuals they used to be. When the day is done, the Zûtadasi emerge unrecognizable, led like sheep to slaughter to their new home.

Their ship.

Within its confines, the last rites are completed, and the Kissai emerge from the vessel alone.

While I do love the concept of this, and would even enjoy roleplaying it myself; I do have concerns as to how it could be percieved as a work around to general AI requirements. Since AI are a restricted material, it makes me curious what your personal take on this would be, and how could you differentiate them from a more conventional version of a ship purposed AI?

I'll speak to some others on my concer as well, and get back to you with what is discussed. Until then, feel free to tag me with what you think about this and we can go from there.

[member="Yidhra"]

Yidhra

Mars Tsosûtiyakûtiyuska
[member="The Slave"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I’m uncertain what gave you the impression that this is an AI – or an organic attempt at one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The intention was purely to create a mindless, barely-sentient sithspawn that would crew TRE vessels instead of regular people. The hive-mind isn’t some overarching hyper-intelligence, but rather a way to communicate so they don’t get in each other’s way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The downside is, obviously, that they’re dumb and can’t really fight for shet.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]If this still doesn’t clear up the doubt on your end, I’m afraid I’m at a loss – if you could explain to me which parts of the submission are causing you worry, I’d be grateful.[/SIZE]

Yidhra said:
Hive mind: All the Zûtadasi on the ship are connected to each other, which is also the only way they communicate. This ensures they are always operating at peak efficiency and in unison. A Sith Lord controlling the ship can also tap into this collective hive mind and issue specific instructions.
Very specifically, I'll quote this.

An AI in most situations is something that is an overarching personality that controls most of the ships systems with extreme prejudice. This differs from conventional crews as it makes a near instant feedback between the various systems, along with extremely proficient responses amongst each. Should one crew change something, the next crew would know about it after a small delay compared to an AI that would simply adjust everything in the exact same moment.

The thing is, this overarching hive mind doesn't restrict itself to a local area; or even limit just what can be transfered. In a sense, this would like an AI utilizing hundreds or thousands of robots to actively engage with a ship instead of just changing it using more electronic means. Now, while you might not consider that while making the submission; I do consider that as a very larger piece in how I'm going to judge this.

Simply put, I don't want an organic AI here.

Does that clarify?

@Yidhra

Edit: In addition, the requirements for food for a normal crew versus yours and the comparability to an AI. I think that might be something you should end up having to change unfortunately.

Another thing, could you clarify just how they are unable to be manipulated to do ill to their own ship?

Yidhra

Mars Tsosûtiyakûtiyuska
[member="The Slave"]

Your tags don't seem to be working, for some reason.

But to address your concerns: an AI, to the best of my knowledge, is primarily defined by its hyper-intelligent computing abilities, which enable it to calculate and "see" things no sentient mind could. Therefore it responds faster and more efficiently to whatever's going on at a given time, simply because it can process the input and stimuli that much quicker than the sentient brain.

These sithspawn are dumb. They don't calculate anything quickly, and they certainly don't come anywhere close to sentient intelligence, let alone that of a supercomputer. In short, the hive-mind is to them what a commlink is to a normal crew. The hive-mind isn't controlling anything, it's just their version of a commlink, since they can't use actual commlink technology to communicate. There is no overarching intelligence directing the sithspawn all over the ship, except in the case of a Sith tapping into it – but that's still limited with the sentient mind. Basic stuff like "go to that section, block that door" etc, and nothing more.

Their base species is Sith Pureblood. From the wiki article:
The abundant Force-sensitivity resulted from a symbiotic relationship with the dark side of the Force, where they—like the other few creatures that inhabited the planet—derived sustenance directly from the dark side of the Force, and empowered it in turn.
  • ​it's a canon trait of their species, which I saw no reason to modify, remove, or otherwise tamper with.

The Slave said:
Another thing, could you clarify just how they are unable to be manipulated to do ill to their own ship?
  • It's like a restraining bolt on a droid, except it's done through alchemy. if they try to do it, it kills them.

Yidhra said:
It's like a restraining bolt on a droid, except it's done through alchemy. if they try to do it, it kills them.
Add this into the submission, and I'll give it primary approval.

Keep in mind here that if this is abused in the ways I mentioned, that there will be consequences. Just be careful, but enjoy it other than that.

[member="Yidhra"]

Yidhra

Mars Tsosûtiyakûtiyuska
[member="The Slave"]

Yidhra said:
Eternally loyal: Every shred of free will is eradicated from the Zûtadasi when they are created. They are incapable of mutiny, resistance, or sabotage. As they lack any intelligence of their own, they also cannot be manipulated through the Force to do ill to their ship. It's like a restraining bolt on a droid, except it's done through alchemy – If they try to do it, it kills them.
Added.

[member="The Slave"] // [member="Yidhra"]

It's a hive-mind drone that takes care of ships. Nice work, both of you. :)

Approved, pending admin approval.

[member="Mahet"] // [member="Zeradias Mant"] // [member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom