Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction You're Gonna Love Tomorrow | First Order

skin, bone, and arrogance

natasi_spacer.png

The Supreme Leader's brow furrowed at Matma Bernu Matma Bernu 's discussion and question.

"That is... troubling," Natasi told Matma, leaning forward so as to give him her full attention. "I haven't heard anything about this in my dispatches. Would you be so kind as to provide a detailed report on this phenomena to my private secretary, Mr. Glass?" She nodded towards Glass briefly. "He'll ensure that I am fully briefed. In the meantime, yes -- I agree that that would be a good decision. If I might recommend that you work with the First Imperial Medical Service regarding including midichlorian screenings as part of the standardized battery of testing we perform at the borders."

She frowned gravely, indulging in a thoughtful silence for a few moments before adding: "But I agree, the Refugee Council would have resources so as to aid you with this endeavor. Mr. Glass, please see that Ser Matma is given Director Westaway's direct contact information at the Refugee Council. Ser Matma, you can count on the Refugee Council's assistance."

Jaida Tess

J

blacksquad_slim.png
"Here we go," the new Black Squadron pilot indicated with a headshake towards the door when the Supreme Leader entered the conference room.

"Catch you later," Jay replied to Crix Helsing as he moved to take a seat. She'd have to read up on the young man's military profile later. The Bespinite was personable and okay, easy on the eyes - she'd give him that, but what mattered more to her was how he performed with his bird and time would only tell that tale after rigorous testing.

Jaida didn't take a seat but rather remained standing with her back to the wall. After having sat for several hours already in the cockpit of her TIE fighter, the Dosuunian preferred to stay upright and mobile. She took one last gulp of caf, then placed the cup onto a passing concierge droid's tray; not sure if it was the same droid as who served her before... They all looked so alike.

Black Eleven stood in a parade rest stance while listening thoughtfully to each of the speakers as the meeting slash ceremony began in earnest. What happened next though was a complete surprise when Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan called Jaida's name out of the blue, then proceeded to promote her to the rank of Captain. The blonde didn't quite know what to say except...

"Thank you, Ma'am. It is an honor to serve You and the First Order," the blue-eyed TIE fighter pilot answered with an appreciative curt cant of her golden head.

Just then a cool breeze was ever so felt in and around Jaida. The rational thought was it was just the air conditioner kicking in as it was a bit stuffy in the room. But in the new captain's mind, it was most likely Daska Tess letting her daughter know she was there in spirit - or so the younger Tess wanted to believe.

Thanks, Mom... I love you too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roudac Gannan

ᴀʟʟᴇɢɪᴀɴᴛ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ

IMPERIAL PALACE
CONFERENCE ROOM

FO_spacer2.png

Roudac listened as the promotions were declared. He had known of some, mainly the military arm of it all, and recalled seeing the names on dossiers he had signed. With so many moving parts, it was good to have a command structure that could be effective and support growth in its people, ensuring that positive feedback was escalated up the chain. For his own interest, the Allegiant General turned in his chair as the names were read out, so he could sight those present and put faces to names. Now that he had seen them, he would remember them.

Then came the revelation about Force Sensitive individuals who were being revealed, at increasing numbers and potentially dangerous ways. That was a concern. There was already enough of a stigma around the Force in the galaxy, let alone adding to it with young sentients who can't control their powers that manifest, and Roudac's thoughts went to his own son who was an Imperial Knight. Even Roudac himself had a small connection to the Force, albeit untrained and to no real significance as far as he could tell, but the topic hit home for him insofar as being relatable to his child's experience in the past.

The Supreme Leader seemed as surprised, and was quick to suggest the best course. Roudac reached over to the datapad on the desk to one side, as he made some notations, then continued to listen. There were some suggestions in mind that could potentially help, however there was no denying that the refugee process - in and of itself - was inherently stressful; so it made sense that some means of relieving that stress, or otherwise limiting the potential for violent manifestations of the Force, was prudent.

"As a further suggestion, while not ideal, there is the possibility of nutrient frames being a temporary measure," The Allegiant General said in a low voice, as he raised an eyebrow and glanced between the pair that conversed. "Install them in the refugee processing offices, so any Force Sensitive who feels undue stress won't be able to violently explode with their power. Then, once the screening is complete, steps can be taken afterward to deal with midichlorian results."

Still, when the conversation on that topic essentially concluded, Roudac sat forward and whispered to one of his aides. He nodded, then looked toward the center of the table, as he activated a holo-projection. It showed First Order space. Several areas were highlighted by yellow, to which the Allegiant General looked to his notes on the datapad and cleared his throat.

"Ma'am, there's no easy way to say it: First Order patrols are being ambushed and - we expect - destroyed," Roudac said simply. He remained tight-lipped, as he furrowed his brow and squinted at the display in the middle of the conversation. "There have been four instances now, with each patrol disappearing before communication can be raised. I've had follow up teams investigate ambush sites, they've run full spectrum sensor scans... and there isn't much to tell."

With a forced exhale, mainly out of agitation over lack of knowledge to report, Gannan continued.

"Tachyon results are inconsistent. By the time we trace back to where contact was lost, the particles are mostly dispersed. The wreckage is minimal, too, but we expect that comes down to a time frame the - well - to-be-identified threat is working under, to avoid being at the site when reinforcements arrive."

The map zoomed into a particular location in space.

"The latest patrol's location. I've started Imperial Navy scout vessels in the area, with multiple fleet positions parallel to the sectors being searched for rapid response... but so far we're getting nothing conclusive. I hate non-reports, but the situation needs to be noted, and that we're taking all the protocol steps we can to discover more about it."

The holo-projector zoomed out, to show the yellow-marked locations once again. Roudac looked around the room.

"Any questions, your Grace? Directors, Moffs? Those present?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom