Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Your Undoing | TB Invasion of SJO held Yurb & Keldooine

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Hiya!

I noticed in your recent post there was a lot of teleporting shenanigans, which is neat and all, but I wanted to clarify some stuff. Osam is standing around with a group of about thirty drones, and a single Ravager. These are the forces currently involved in attacking Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and Enlil Enlil . Incidentally, they're serving as rear-guard for a much much larger army force behind them, and so... teleporting behind them would probably put you into a very bad place, surrounded by Brutes and such.

Incidentally, while teleporting Spiker rounds from our guns into the Ravager is a very neat way to solve that issue, we stopped shooting at Coren in my last post, and are currently only firing towards Enlil and his frosty storminess. While I had mentioned getting "closer" to Coren in one of my posts, that was meant to imply getting into effective firing range for the group as a whole as opposed to the three Marksmen who had fired upon him previously and who possess longer ranges. We aren't trying to stab the Force Barrier... right now, minus the Ravager, we aren't even trying to attack it.

That means teleporting the "artillery" (Our rifles?) from striking Coren's barrier so that they strike against the targets around you (I'm assuming you teleported over to the Brutes?), wouldn't really... work. There isn't any artillery hitting his barrier to warp.

I'm assuming I probably don't need to mention why this isn't particularly chill:

"A flick of her hand and destroyed vehicles began flinging themselves into the hoard, teleporting on top of them or just being used by her mind to bash them into a smear, Most of the warriors in the area around the barrier were dead. She would not fail Coren. She refused to fail him."

I understand wanting to do cool things, but this is literally just dropping heavy things onto army units, and immediately killing them. There's no real counter to teleporting vehicles onto someone, and it's certainly not very chill to immediately crush a whole bunch of soldiers all at once like this.

Could we perhaps come to some concessions about this?
Sincerely,
Osam.

Primarch Drek'ma Primarch Drek'ma | Elise

To interject here regarding certain points. Obviously Drek will have to edit regarding the position of Elise and her shield however on these other points.

In regards to the canyons and mega-tons of sand, we're talking about an army that have been attempting to siege Edsert since post#107 and again in #158 and then breaking through into the city in #194.

Aside from that, our forces outside of the city walls even then, is F3, E3, D3, C3, C4, C5, C6, F1 - 7. Excluding the forces at the shield outpost that is 12,268 units in total. An army of over ten-thousand, that's including large Rhivaks and Brumaks ect that are around Edsert/going inside. If the intention is to create canyons to encompass all of those forces - I feel like that is a real stretch that is like a force storm on steroids and a stretch regardless of battle-meld and alter environment.

EDIT: I would also like to note this was done by first being mentioned as an idea in post #179 then being done and completed in post #239. Which is to say, in your own words sand is light but you shift literal mega-tons of sand inside of one post to crush an entire army. I think that speaks for itself.

Also, both
Ashaka members & Shamans are both rare in availability however their unit size for both is medium. Thusly, having 100 of each which has been detailed in my Force Deployment since it has been integrated into my posts is totally fine. As, next to that is large which can be thousands.

Also Drek'ma is an Aeravalin, Aeravalin do not like extreme heats they don't mind the cold.

- Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited:
Whirlwind of the Cosmic Force
Enlil Enlil Elise

to jump off the back of what Tathra has said here, Aeravalin are not weak to cold.

But I will edit to reflect the distance difference/interaction with the shield bubble.

But I will also note that this freezing of the air and the sand sea being dropped on our army had been set up one post prior and then enacted the next without any real chance to react. Also seemingly ignoring the work of the terraformers that have been encroaching around edsert with red mist and the movements of our forces, referenced in plenty of posts and being doing so and affecting the weather [as terraformers do by changing the atmosphere] to make it more like Draemidus.

Its also two really massively powerful things being done inside of a total of two posts each that seems to have the intent of undoing what we've been doing over the course of nearly the entirety of the invasion. And I say this as candidly as I can;

It feels to me more like pulling a fast one than anything else, I'm afraid.

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Thanks a lot. Perfectly fine with you slaughtering a bunch of Bryn, especially if they're Drones (we're weak.) Don't even mind the Ravager getting ganked, because hey, it's an NPC, and teleporting above it and stabbing it in the head is gnarly enough.

I will mention that I'm not sure how many FU's we have directly around the area, but I'm assuming you're teleporting around enough that you're kinda fighting a whole bundle of army units and not just the 3 drone squads I have nearby, and I can't speak for if there would be any somewhere in the battlefield.

Just to clarify, we won't be rushing Coren's barrier, and as rear-guard, the rest of the army is probably going the other way as well, but I'll make that evident in a post. No need to edit it in anywhere, because hey, you can't know IC what we'll end up doing, and being prepared for our potential charge is just smart tactics.

Cheers!

Elise

E
Primarch Drek'ma Primarch Drek'ma | Elise

To interject here regarding certain points. Obviously Drek will have to edit regarding the position of Elise and her shield however on these other points.

In regards to the canyons and mega-tons of sand, we're talking about an army that have been attempting to siege Edsert since post#107 and again in #158 and then breaking through into the city in #194.

Aside from that, our forces outside of the city walls even then, is F3, E3, D3, C3, C4, C5, C6, F1 - 7. Excluding the forces at the shield outpost that is 12,268 units in total. An army of over ten-thousand, that's including large Rhivaks and Brumaks ect that are around Edsert/going inside. If the intention is to create canyons to encompass all of those forces - I feel like that is a real stretch that is like a force storm on steroids and a stretch regardless of battle-meld and alter environment.

EDIT: I would also like to note this was done by first being mentioned as an idea in post #179 then being done and completed in post #239. Which is to say, in your own words sand is light but you shift literal mega-tons of sand inside of one post to crush an entire army. I think that speaks for itself.

Also, both
Ashaka members & Shamans are both rare in availability however their unit size for both is medium. Thusly, having 100 of each which has been detailed in my Force Deployment since it has been integrated into my posts is totally fine. As, next to that is large which can be thousands.

Also Drek'ma is an Aeravalin, Aeravalin do not like extreme heats they don't mind the cold.

- Thanks for taking the time to read.

The size of the army does not negate our capabilities. It's like apples to oranges-- you could have 1 million soldiers and we would still be capable of moving sand.

Also, I never called hits on how much of your force we did this to. I only expressed that our intent was to greatly reduce the numbers to something that felt more reasonable to go up against. How you handle that is on you, and not a point I feel is relevant for the plausibility of our actions.

I respect your opinion but it's not your call to say it's a stretch. We've spent well over a week building this up-- the Levron are beings of the force and you just murdered them enmasse. They were released into force bodies and they chose to stand against you. You have every faction of force users present in the battle. The raw presence of the force in this city that we are utilizing is enough to birth a nexus. We are entirely capable of preforming that task. We know our limits : )

Finally, I struggled to notice any of your members acknowledging the snow in the posts. Maybe its just my early morning and busy day-- but if that's the case, I'm sure the people who worked hard to make this happen would appreciate seeing it acknowledged.

Thanks fam

Last edited by a moderator:

Elise

E
Enlil Enlil Elise

to jump off the back of what Tathra has said here, Aeravalin are not weak to cold.

But I will edit to reflect the distance difference/interaction with the shield bubble.

But I will also note that this freezing of the air and the sand sea being dropped on our army had been set up one post prior and then enacted the next without any real chance to react. Also seemingly ignoring the work of the terraformers that have been encroaching around edsert with red mist and the movements of our forces, referenced in plenty of posts and being doing so and affecting the weather [as terraformers do by changing the atmosphere] to make it more like Draemidus.

Its also two really massively powerful things being done inside of a total of two posts each that seems to have the intent of undoing what we've been doing over the course of nearly the entirety of the invasion. And I say this as candidly as I can;

It feels to me more like pulling a fast one than anything else, I'm afraid.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but if you read our posts you'll see we've been doing this for over a week. Just because you laid down your forces in the first few days does not mean we cannot work to undo it. That is the point of this, after all.

You are free to react as you wish-- I did not target any PCs. Nothing in my post was absolute.

I appreciate the other edits. : )

Elise

The force may be infinite but we are not. Also in regards to what you feel is more plausible to go up against, a consensus on military numbers was attempted to be reached before the invasion by myself to no avail. Also you may not call hits, but its not much different to me using my main battery ships to glass the planet, which yes I don't get to call hits but not getting hit would require in large part ignoring it. Which isn't a good option either.

And to be fair, the build up of hope or unity isn't the same as preparing to shift mega-tons of a sea of sand and generate entire canyons to contains thousands.

Also to be fair, Enlil did not tag anyone other than Osam so I think its fair to say we missed it. But its also fair to point out that we've had terraformers working to make the environment in our favour since this invasion started and expected to blast that away or for the entire area to be turned cold is also a stretch.

I think additionally the issue here is the lack of transparency in regards to these plans, which does indeed feel like an attempt to circumvent our efforts in an non-collaborative manner.

OOC NOTE: Both Factions have agreed to draw the Invasion to a close at 0:00AM EST/4:00AM GMT - 14/07/2020.

Thank you to everyone who has been involved in the Invasion thus far. We hoped you're enjoyed our company as much as we have yours.

Elise

E
9f2bad95da6433c8bb90634f344e07dc.png

Your terraformers only change the air. It's listed as taking hours to fill up miles. The ground is MUCH larger than miles. We can get a time marker for this battle with Loske's neuro toxins she dropped at the start of the invasion. She states "it takes 15 minutes to take effect". These effects only showed up recently, so we can be generous and say you've only been on Yurb with this battle for 30 -45 minutes.

and still...

Dropping NPC tech day 1 does not mean we are not allowed to touch weather too. You never wrote a weather change. You had the option to.

We are also not required to reveal our plans to you.

All of these points do not negate our ability to preform this task within the rules of the invasion.

You've given us many hits and we went with the flow. I've given you space to work within our moves and I've not called a single hit on any pc.

I could say a 1000 things to defend myself but I think it's wise I leave it to the judges to decide on this one.

Despite this impasse we're at, I really enjoyed this one.

Thanks for all the fun times.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Well it's been an interesting time, this is probably one of the few Invasions where my focus has been entirely narrative as opposed to having a PvP Dancing Partner, but it's been fun.

For those of you who have experienced some issues or struggles, I hope they've been resolved. For everyone else, great stuff on all sides and I hope people enjoyed themselves as much as possible.

There's still three hours remaining for anyone who wants to get a final post in but for me this is adieu until next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom