Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Overconfidence Is Your Weakness | Rebel Alliance Invasion of Sith Empire Held Dubrillon Hex OOC

Irajah Ven

Doctor Doctor, Gimme the News
Looking over all of this is looks like we've got:

Rebels: X happened
Imperials: Yes and then Y happened
Rebels: Y happened and then Z happened
Imperials: Z happened and then A happened

Which sounds and looks pretty normal to me? Both sides building up off of the narrative put forward by the other side and adding in clarifying things.

I unleashed the critters, but then whatever happens to the Rebel subs is totally up to them from there!
You all are trying to set up black outs and we're going 'okay and the back up stuff is kicking up in some areas', while some of us are going 'crap the door won't open now.'

The narrative is very give and take, which it needs to be in both directions.

Ari Vox

I thought this was America, huh?!
The idea for the faraday cage wasn't for control, but rather for a point of contention. Didn't realize that if something wasn't mentioned in the sub for the location we were fighting in that it meant I didn't have creative license to write it how it made sense to me, but that's totally fine. As well we aren't immune to the black-outs, the lights are also off in the security hub as my posts and those of my team members have described, just as they are in the rest of the facility, but we have equipment that deals with that (or powers lol).

I'm also not saying that anyone needs to edit anything, nor that we have total control of the facility, what I'm saying is that certain things in the previous rounds of posting (from both sides) make the scene for the fight we're in very complex and was simply hoping to tl;dr everything that has come before in mainly addressing what the major discrepancies between TSE and Rebel posts are.

It was seeming to me that both sides were missing out on the 'building off the narrative put forward' aspect of the storytelling and instead just focusing on the very small part of the scene that they were in (myself included) which is fine, there's just things I felt should be noted -as I have detailed above.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll keep your words in mind!

[member="Darth Saarai"] [member="Dr. Vain Jar'He"]

Tabigarashu Madara

Good things come in smol packages
Because the Refinery is pretty well saturated, we're opening up a new arc/avenue with the abandoned super laser facility. If there's anyone on the other side that wants to get in on this we're open to making this a three way brawl or possibly even an unlikely alliance to stop the plans of the death cultists that hate *everyone*.

Drop us a line and let me know!

[member="Noah Corek"]

Hey, Noah. Just realized it’s been three days since you last posted to the Invasion, just wanted to let you know I’m gonna go ahead and continue the story with my next post.

Anything, feel free to ask.

Tabigarashu Madara

Good things come in smol packages
[member="Desmond C'artyom"]

The super laser in question is this one.

Since in our timeline that is REALLY REALLY OLD, we're writing it that the Empire didn't really pay much attention to it, doing other things instead on Dubrillion. We've had an NPC enemy that we introduced a long while back, in the form of a death cult from Mirial- due to the empire over looking this old facility, they moved in and set up shop.

This arc is essentially the empire has gotten wind that the cultists intend to use the battle as a perfect excuse to power it back up and kill *as many people as possible*, Imperial and Rebel alike (they gain power from death, so the battle is a perfect time for them to act essentially).

If that sounds interesting, I'm there to stop them with [member="Ardeth Zun"] and [member="Khaji Ri'Had"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Hey, I just noticed you posted last night again, please give everyone in the story the opportunity to post before posting again. I understand excitement, but everyone deserves a chance to get some of their story out. No need to edit anything, but just a note moving forward.

Jantar Keltainen

Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak
[member="Cenric Marus"]

I've nothing against a simple toe to toe slugfest - but it's interesting and fun to explore the character when the chance arises. An adversary tends to provoke thoughts and actions a friendly thread rarely does. And for me, it's a great way to better understand my character - and their voice :)

i-love-it-gif-15.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom