Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Your best threads?

This is exactly what it says on the tin. What would you consider to be your best threads here on Chaos?

The parameters are pretty broad. You can focus on what you think was the best written, what had the most impact on your characters, a thread that introduced you to a great writer, or a thread that surprised you in a good way, etc. Share your beautiful memories, people.

For me, I've been in a lot of great threads over the course of this past year, but Chasing a Rumor On Samovar is still my high point (so far). It was one of the first threads I wrote as Nimdok, and it wound up turning out pretty good for everybody involved despite being a dreaded public thread. It also laid the foundation for what Nimdok would become - I began the thread writing him as just an eccentric archaeologist, and ended it with him having developed a set of personal principles and a much clearer goal. I also met several great writers through that thread, people I've gone on to collaborate with in other stories to great success.

Here

It was honestly just a mix of me really enjoying writing, a brilliant and always amazing writing partner and one of the best stories I've ever told. Looking back on that thread, my writing has improved tenfold but that doesn't take away from how god damn brilliant the thread was!

I'm also very partial to this entire arc (here, here, here and here) because while it's not finished yet it's still absolutely brilliant as an arc and it's again a mixture of brilliant partners, a brilliant arc and some amazing writing.

This thread was my introduction to a pair of exceptional Jedi writers who I still hold in the highest esteem to this day.

Plus, getting to cut off Joza Perl Joza Perl 's hand isn't something that comes up every single day. Very memorable for me. Such a high loss for such a seemingly innocuous duel.

This is a hard one. So i'm going to categorize them.

My best ever combat thread was the
CIS invasion of GE Tatooine when I was still writing a High Moff in the Empire. That was my first time writing with Srina Talon Srina Talon and it was purely the best combat thread ever and some of my best combat writing.

My best social thread was probably
In the dead of night with Srina Talon Srina Talon . Again that was one of the best conversations Adron ever had and he remembers it often, it was following the CIS invasion.

My best adventure thread with Adron ALSO contains the same writer and that is
Moving Forward which was a massive plot thread for our characters and a fun time.

My best Force-related thread would probably be
The Heart with Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer . He's made writing a Master a lot of fun and that thread was great.

So yea, i think those would be some of my best threads. Hard to narrow it down to just one though.

Ravenous

R
If I had to choose my greatest thread ever it would have to be There is Nothing

My writing skills have improved significantly since then but I still hold it as one of my greatest feats. The thing with this one is that it wasn't very eventful or long for the matter. There was no fighting and really all that happened was that I and my good friend Mauda Mauda had a talk with a Sith Spirit.

It wasn't the events of the story that made it so memorable but the lead up to it where I broke my spine combined with the meaningful conversations we had easily put it at the top of my list. Definitely top two

On this forum, my choice would probably be Nanotripping. A dominion of all things.

Though certainly my all-time favorite occurred on a previous Star Wars site. Despite not taking off, the thread was ongoing for two years before we completed it. Still sad that it didn't turn into more, but happy that it inevitably led us here.

Oh man, to select my best threads over the past several years feels like a bit of a challenge. Without linking them because it would be too much of a scavenger hunt for me this morning I'll go by character:
  • Darth Voracitos -
    1. Sith Lords Primacy (Ashin Varanin ascends to the throne, and Voracitos tests her strength against his own in the absence of the abdicated Emperor Moridin)
    2. Flashpoint: Roche (Voracitos betrays Empress Desmius [Varanin] by firing on the asteroid containing her and the Grand Master of the Jedi Order; with the Empress presumed dead, Voracitos capitalizes on the power vacuum for himself and the Dark Council)
    3. Colossus of Corpulence vs the Titan of Tyranny (A resurrected Voracitos observes the rubble of Dromund Kaas, the site of his assassination, and comes into conflict with a former ally and Imperial successor Kaine Zambrano over whose claim over it was greater; a battle of masters commences and the hubris of Voracitos defeats himself, encased in a self-made alchemical prison known as the Asylum of Gluttony for many years)
    4. Invasion of Rhen Var (His power reconstituted and though marked forever by his prison, Voracitos pursues a powerful artifact known as the Fell Star on Rhen Var amidst a pitched battle between the reformed Sith Empire and the Outer Rim Coalition; the sorcerer meets a Jedi Knight known as Argis Volmir Argis Volmir on the battlefield for the first time, and their brilliant clash became the catalyst for his transformation into a terrifying nexus of the dark side and resulted in the Jedi passing on into the force, the Fell Star eventually falling into the monsters hands...)
  • Hutuun'Kyramud -
    1. First and Second Invasions of Junction, the Invasion of Mandalore and Concord Dawn (He's an older character but he still checks out. This Tusken Raider Mandalorian fought valiantly for his home and it was generally really fun, even facing the future Empress of the Sith Empire and keeping his own. Out of combat he wasn't as fun to write to he eventually went out of use when I tried to make him more than just a warrior with a cool aesthetic)
  • Zambrano the Hutt -
    1. First Thread (I honestly don't remember what it was called, but it was the killer slugs first introduction and boy was it not only a fun, but probably the most complete thread I have ever written. It has an identifiable beginning, middle, climax, and conclusion, with multiple participants who were awesome. This thread even served to be the catalyst for someone else character to become a prominent Sith Lord for the One Sith, and introduced the Hutt to the Primeval, an interesting faction all on its own.)
    2. One Sith Duel (I don't remember the name of this one either, but the Hutt engages in a duel as an acolyte and obtains a fear of spiders and loses some parts I think, it had repercussions later in his story in his development)
    3. Invasion of Voss (I think there was an invasion of Voss, and it was pretty fun dueling with Taeli Raff while she was a Jedi. He puked and was generally freaking gross, which was fun to write. There were other invasions before this where he was being scary etc., but this one upped the grossness factor I think which was my favorite thing to do with this character.)
    4. Titles are hard to remember five years removed (There was a thread at some point where Z Hutt fell in love with a Darksided Jawa who became his apprentice, and we played with this concept for a while until its demise bringing out the final transformation of Z Hutt before his eventual permanent destruction at the hands of his lovers killer. I loved this because there is a level of weird grossness with disgusting different aliens being in love, and in a relationship some may consider compromised, i.e. a power differential with authority, but also the ancient insane age of the Hutt's spirit versus the fairly new Jawa. It felt layered and nuanced and gross [my favorite aspect for this character])
  • Triam Akovin -
    1. Raid on Roche (One of her first threads, and the place where she met Preliat Mantis, a character she would come to admire throughout her life, and even gave the privilege of naming her son far in the future)
    2. Rattatak Duels (This is where this character came into her own, dueling with gadgets and gizmos she was able to face off with some rather notable masters of the Force, including Ashin Varanin and Mikhail Shorn. Though she eventually lost in the final round as the runner up to Mikhail Shorn, she had still managed to defeat a handful of notable masters of the force with nothing but technology and wit, which put her on the map during a time when NFUs didn't feel as strong as the FU writers. This is also where she got her title The Relentless, which is still in use today.
    3. Invasion of Geonosis (This had a found pair of duels, between two snipers before facing off with a Force Master Vulpesen who she previously beat on Rattatak during the duels. This one ended a bit closer to a tie, though she had some very impressive moments that definitely turned heads, and that felt good. She gained a droid out of it still in use today.)
    4. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it all blends together over the years. She has been one of my favorite characters to write ever, probably equal to but at least second to Voracitos. Lots of fun combat and emotional drama bits.
  • Cassus Akovin
    1. We Do Not Falter (AKA Cassus interrupts a big CIS meetings with about a dozen Bounty Hunters and have good fun up until we get captured :p)
    2. He's a Time Bomb (First real Darkwire Mission where he bumps into Daiya Daiya , who has become probably one of my favorite writing buddies ever, and an important figure in Cassus' life from then on [frenemies!])
    3. To Protect the Ones We Love (Cassus shows much angst as he delivers the Jedi Grand Master Elise to the Sith Empire, much angst, much development)
    4. Nanotripping (Oh man, this was chock FULL of emotional development its nuts, honestly easily one of the best I've been involved with
    5. Beach of Dreams (Immediately following the Coat Tails of Nanotripping, this was a super fun emotional thread)
  • Kadora'Tra
    1. Beach of Dreams (Very fun, one of the better threads)
    2. Attack on Sakedo Tower (Oh man, this was great PvP with the wonderful writer behind Xun of Throne Xun of Throne , and ends with an emotional beat for her that plays into her story later)
    3. Looking in the Mirror (The culmination of Nanotripping and Beach of Dreams leads into this very neat thread with dopplegangers, and she finds herself smack in the middle of it all)
More to come I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom