Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private You Want Me To Wear What?

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent
Tags: Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

Loomi_divider.png

".. I don't know. I need to talk to the Jedi from before to decide anything."

Loomi's warm smile returned, trying her best to be supportive. It was some good news, at least. Aliris wouldn't just run off and have something terrible happen to her.

"Y-yeah," she nodded. "Okay. I-I can help too, or in any way I can I will. I haven't really been with the Jedi for too long, but I've met a lot of really nice people that helped me out. M-maybe they could help you too, y'know?"

In the meantime though, she figured it would be nice for the girl to have some regular conversations. It certainly had helped her out when she was first beginning to struggle with her returning memories. She just had to think of something for them to do, and the answer presented itself pretty clearly when her stomach began to grumble.

"Are you hungry at all?" Loomi asked. "You're okay to walk around the camp a little since your wounds are stable, s-so we can grab something to eat if you like."

GADividerWhite.png

More people helping her out? With what, though? It was a weird idea to think about needing help with.. Anything. She hadn't even made her choice yet. Maybe she wouldn't leave the Sith. .. Was that was she was thinking on doing?

Thankfully the growl of not one but two stomachs pulled her out of the mix of emotions rushing through her mind. She didn't need to think about that right now. She needed to talk to that Jasper guy first, then think. Right now, food. Food sounded divine.

".. Yea, I could eat, I guess. What's um.. Good here..?"

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

".. Yea, I could eat, I guess. What's um.. Good here..?"

"They got a lot of good stuff," Loomi answered, her tone shifting to be a tad bit more excited. "I didn't even know about a bunch of them. Come on, it isn't too far."

Loomi would set off, her step notably very awkward, almost as though her legs were just a little bit wrong. They were, of course, as they were clearly not organic, but one could get the impression that they were poorly optimized to her original proportions. Before long though they'd be at the mess hall, where a rather decent dining arrangement was set up, along side a row of various food stations. They were basic, but everything seemed fresh, at least compared to what one might expect to find at a mobile medical unit. Loomi was told once that it was from a specific fund that the Shield Core set aside for meals, but she didn't really understand what any of that meant.

"I like that one," she explained, pointing to the station where burgers were actively being grilled. "It's like a meat thing between bread with a bunch of other stuff. I think the guy cooking them called it a burjer."

Loomi also understood very little about cuisine.

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris walked pretty close to Loomi as they went through the food stalls. She wouldn't say anything about why, she wouldn't even admit it to herself, but she didn't feel safe. All she could think about was the Ashlan's hands around her throat after they struck her from behind. She'd brought it on herself, perhaps, trying to kill that man to begin with. But his hate and unforgiving nature because of who she was born as did little to let her trust anything like this.

Even the wrong kind of shadow would send her skittering away and preparing to fight. Like a cat that hadn't gotten used to their surroundings. Loomi was the only saving grace for it to keep her calm.

"I've.. Never heard of that before." And food. She blinked, pulled out of her paranoia simply because she was very, very hungry. Mispronounced or not, she really didn't know what a burjer was.

"How do we get one?"

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

"You just ask," she explained. "Here, I'll show you."

Loomi walked up to the stall, a big smile on her face.

"Two please!"

And in a matter of seconds two wrapped burgers were in her hands and she was making her way back. Unfortunately as she did so, Loomi felt her foot stag on a bit of uneven ground. She was losing her balance again. Rather than react to keep herself safe, however, Loomi lifted up her arms to keep the burgers from hitting the floor. Her face would go into the grass nose first while her arms remained lifted. The burgers were safe.

Even if she had now made a complete fool of herself.

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris stayed close to Loomi, more hiding in her shadow as the girl ordered the burjers for them both. She squinted distrustingly at the merchant, but as they stepped away she did feel some relief. There was no threat here, right? She'd have to trust that much to at least eat. Grant it, Loomi tripped. She blinked in surprise before just throwing herself in front of Loomi to catch her. And fail.

She might be quick to try and help, but she had the strength of.. Well, a 13 year old. She fell flat under Loomi, still struggling to try and keep her up.

"Ahh.. You okay? That was.. You're not used to your legs..?"

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

"I-I'm okay," Loomi insisted, glancing over Aliris to make sure she wasn't hurt as well. "I-I think the food is okay too."

The question came up about her legs. A sadder look came to Loomi's face, as well as a petite frown.

"I... not really," she answered sheepishly. "I-I didn't ask for them... but they were put on me anyways. That's about where my memory starts to get all fuzzy..."

Loomi got into a sitting position, tucking her legs to one side. It was pretty obvious that they weren't made with care. The legs were droid like, standing out like a sore thumb, and her clumsiness made it pretty clear that they weren't made with her comfort in mind. She tilted her head, her antennae flattening a little.

"I can feel them sometimes," she muttered. "My old legs... I feel like I had them not too long ago, b-but my memory... It's all hazy."

After a moment Loomi stretched out her hand, offering Aliris the other burger she had grabbed.

"I don't think any grass got in it," Loomi assured with a sad smile.

GADividerWhite.png

Ah.

Aliris frowned herself, looking away. She'd brought out some bad memory, by the way it sounded. She didn't dare say anything else about it though, instead just turning her gaze to the burger as she sat up and got into a more relaxed position herself. She took a bite though, smiling shortly after. It tasted fantastic. Absolutely fantastic! Juicy, warm, a complex series of flavors she wasn't even sure what to call them.

".. I really like bujers for sure. It's really good."

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

".. I really like bujers for sure. It's really good."

"Yeah," Loomi nodded, smiling fully now. She had pushed the sad thoughts to the back of her mind for now. "I do to."

Loomi sunk her teeth into her burger, savoring the first bite. Each one she ate was better than the last. The Godoan had never known that food could be like this. She was always used to it being sad or discarded, or whatever strange plant she risked getting sick by eating. The convenience was freeing, but she wouldn't ever let a single bit go to waste. Loomi was afraid she'd never get the chance to eat like this again if she did.

"I'm not upset," she finally assured, dipping her head a little. "You didn't mean anything by being curious. A lot of things about me are just... sad, I guess. B-but I'm somewhere new now, so I wanna try my best to be positive."

She looked up, beaming now. Sure, she was a mess, but Loomi was at least going to do whatever it took to get her life back on track.

"Knowing my luck," Loomi continued with a giggle, "I-I'm gonna end up doing the same thing to you. I-I ask a lot of silly questions."

GADividerWhite.png

"I don't usually care about upsetting people." She had no issue correcting even Sith Lords if she felt they were wrong, and that alone was a dangerous game. Yet, now, she really, really, didn't want to upset Loomi. This strange girl who made her her first dress out of a curtain. A Jedi.

Life was strange.

".. Well. There's nothing you can ask that'll upset me, so.. There's no worry there, I guess." Aliris shrugged. That's just how her life was, after all. What was there bad to really comp- Just thinking about it had her immediately regret her words. She quieted down, frowning into her burger as she took another bite.

".. Okay maybe. But it'll be okay if it's you, I guess."

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi tilted her head, a confused expression forming. It was okay if she asked? That was... strange. She hadn't really been told something like that, but she gave an understanding nod anyways, continuing to munch on her burger.

"Well I'll try my best not to," she noted. "I-I don't really like making people are sad anyways."

It made her sad.

Loomi glanced around, frowning. The mess hall was empty. There were very few patients around, and most seemed to still be rather ill. Even after she had gone into the temple with Valery Noble Valery Noble and Colette Colette , it still seemed like people on Lothal were being afflicted by the lingering darkness that the sithspawn had left behind.

"I-I guess most of the other patients are still really sick," Loomi observed, her tone full of empathy. "I haven't seen too many people walking around..."

Hopefully they would get better.

GADividerWhite.png

Making people sad was sad, huh?

Loomi didn't need to say anything more for her to understand where that was going. Loomi seemed the empathetic sort. Like Braze. Once, Aliris would've been making fun of her for it. Those were the type of people to die young, she'd say.

She didn't really believe that anymore.

".. It's probably a plague born in the Force, not just a sickness. Sith don't like giving things up, at all." Her trips to various tombs showed her that much. They'd hoard everything they could, and freely kill anyone who tried to take it. And if they couldn't have it, they'd destroy it completely.

"I dunno if they can really be helped."

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

"S-sure they can," Loomi assured. "We do all the time. Th-there's all kinds of things we heal. W-well, the healers do. I'm not really good at that kind of stuff."

Plagues were treated regularly. Sith came up with stuff like that all the time it seemed. It was at least nice to know that healers were able to treat it all. Loomi wished she could do a little to assist, but it was really out of her wheelhouse.

"I-I wish I could do something like that," she admitted. "Even a little..."

She always felt like a freeloader. Loomi didn't know if she could ever make up for the kindness she had been shown.

"A-anyways, how are you feeling?" the Godoan shifted. "Your injuries any better?"

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris shifted uncomfortably. Selflessness. That was a weird concept to her. Was that why Braze kept helping her, even though she continued to hurt and betray him? Was that what made them both Jedi? She took another bite of her hamburger, letting that distract her for the moment. Why were they so selfless? The thought lingered even as she tried to distract herself, which just had her groan in frustration before laying out in the tall grass.

"What is with you two!? You're still children. Stop trying to put the weight of the world on your shoulders and just let yourself be children for a while longer. Jeeze."

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

"What is with you two!? You're still children. Stop trying to put the weight of the world on your shoulders and just let yourself be children for a while longer. Jeeze."

Loomi frowned, tilting her head a little. Just be children... Had she ever even really done that? Yeah, she sort of had when she got to the temple. Making friends, trying new things, getting distracted by everything that made noise or reflected light. In truth though, this was really the first time in her life where she had been able to do any of that.

"Golly, I... I don't know," she sighed. "I-I never even thought about being a child before recently... I-I was just afraid. T-to terrified to do anything other than just... y'know, try and survive. But... then I met really good people who helped me... and it made me happy. Then I helped other people and they were happy, and that made me happy too."

Loomi's smile returned as she looked at Aliris.

"I-I'm just now learning how to be a kid again, I guess," the Godoan continued, "A-and I've loved it, b-but I want other people to be a kid with. I... remember being so lonely..."

She looked down, folding her hands and clutching her burger tightly. Loomi liked being happy, and having friends. She didn't want other people to be lonely like she was.

"S-so if I help people, maybe they can be a kid again too," she finally decided. "That would make me the most happy, I think."

GADividerWhite.png

".. I don't get you people."

Aliris curled up on the grass, looking away from Loomi. People helped her to be able to be a kid again, and rather than enjoy that she wanted to help others?

"You Jedi and your need to help people even if they say they don't need it. Always reaching out your hand. .. I don't think I could do that. I just- I don't know."

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

"That's okay," Loomi assured. "I... understand the confusion. I was confused too. I guess it's something you can really only understand with time."

Loomi took another bite of her burger, thinking to herself for a moment. Eventually the smile would return to her face.

"W-well," she continued, "When you get better maybe we can do something together. Y'know, be kids. Have fun. It's no fun to go do something by yourself."

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris rolled back over, staring up at Loomi with a confused frown. She wasn't sure what to do now. Especially now. She wanted to just stop caring for a while, be a kid again. Yet with the spirit..

No, it couldn't take her over if she didn't get stronger, right?

"I wanna be a kid for a little while. I really, really do. .. I'd like that."

Loomi Loomi

camping_opener.png

Medical Tent

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi continued to smile, now beaming.

"Yeah," she nodded. "I do too."

A sigh finally escaped her diagram as she looked down at her burger. It was nearly gone now. She finished up the last of it before looking up at Aliris again.

"We should get you back to bed," Loomi decided. "I-I still think they want you to play it safe for another day. Y'know, not tear open any of your injuries. I had a lot of fun talking to you though. I... don't get to talk to a lot of girls my age, a-and most really don't understand... well..." The Godoan smiled awkwardly. It was all of her, really. "I'm glad I could with someone."

Her antennae curled back with delight, her head tilting to one side.

"I'd like to do this again sometime."

GADividerWhite.png

"Yeah. I-" Aliris paused for a moment. It was okay, right? To want to be a kid, to be friends with them. To stop being Sith. She was still so far in her own head with doubt on what she could and couldn't do. Loomi, though, seemed so sure.

So she smiled and nodded.

"I'd like that a lot." Then she stood, wincing only a little. Pain wasn't anything new for her to deal with, but she hadn't trained how to block it out entirely yet.

".. Yeah, let's go back, heh."

Loomi Loomi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom