Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Truly Belong Here With Us Among The Clouds [Dev]

"Nothing spectacular. Shielding, some defensive armaments." A small shrug of his shoulders . "I hate dealing with the arms companies. I find the entire process so....well...I don't know. Its not a portion of my work I look forward doing. Leaving it up to the buyer seems to make all parties happy."

Judah took a moment to study [member="Danger Arceneau"] . Clear blue gaze looked her up and down, as if appraising the general state of her current mood. She was a hard one to put a finger on, something Judah could certainly appreciate. Miss Arceneau was an interesting character. Quite a bit of her demeanor reminded him of Thessa -- which made the woman all the more fascinating to him. Flashing a small smile, he continued on.

"Do you have an auction upcoming Miss Arceneau? I do believe this is something I want to showcase..."

She took a sip of her tea, nodding in understanding as [member="Judah Dashiell"] went through the various configurations. Made sense that depending on the customer, they would do what they will in terms of defenses.

It was the mention of the auction that would prompt a knowing upward curve of her lips. “That I do Mistah Dashiell. That I do.” she told him with cheer, “Right about time where the Expo is around the corner. Be a few months time, but certainly we’d have time to get this done right and proper ‘fore come Expo time.”

There were certain things to look forward to for the Expo, it was singularly the largest collection of discounted items for all participating vendors. It also provided a venue for auctions and new tech to be showcased for the upcoming year.

“I reckon you won’t have a shortage of offers Mistah Dashiell.” she’d beam at him over the rim of her ice tea.

A slow nod and Judah worked on shutting down the datapad. With the acknowledgement of an auction there wasn't much left for him to do. There was the tentative deal for the new type of glass being produced by Arceneau Trade. Judah figured they could continue work without it and install as it became available, but the site engineer would have to be contacted for further details. So long as it was complete for auction day....

"Oh, I'm not worried about offers Miss Arceneau. The auction itself is its own reward." Judah smiled and closed the datapad.

"I'll be sure to bring Makai with me. He's been anxious to see you and it will be a perfect opportunity. Besides, if he acts up I'm sure there would be space on the auction block to sell him off for a few credits."

Clearly he would never do such a thing. Especially for a child that was the pride and joy of the Dashiell household.

"I won't take up more of your time. I'll have the engineer working on the atmospheric station send over a schedule of when he would prefer the product, delivery dates and so forth."

Her face would brighten at the mention of Makai.

“I reckon I can keep the tike busy,” she’d drawl out with notable warmth and an edge of cheerful tease. It was curious to see how the mention of children would turn the Queen of Trade into a livelier woman. One would wonder if there was a story behind it, but that was a line one knew better than to tempt.

“I’ve some business of myself to attend to, but I can be sure to get you that first batch of the material within the fortnight. Earlier if possible.” she told him, her demeanor more relaxed. Natural.

“You should bring your wife to the next event,” she’d add, swinging round to her table to set her ice tea down. Condensation would trickle and bead along the glass, settling upon the coaster it sat upon.
“I’m sure she’d enjoy it.” well one never really knew, but Danger was being inviting.

“It’s always a pleasure, Mistah Dashiell.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom