Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Truly Belong Here With Us Among The Clouds [Dev]

Tabaqui, Levantine Sanctum territory.
Celestia Orbital Station
Browncoat Arms & Industrial, Research & Development

"One good planet that we can probably look into is Filth."

That was the first suggestion. "We also can go back to the ruins of the Death Star and start hauling the rest of that scrap." indeed, Danger and Rave along with the rest of Tion made that run for scrap. Whatever is left could be reused for this.

"With our resources and mobile salvaging and production ships, reckon we can make it a mobile fleet of sorts. Salacia helping us will also ensure things get more streamlined."

Danger gave a slow nod. This was all good information, and she was glad that this was coming along just fine.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]
OOC/ Sorry, slipped my mind.

IC/ Jorus brushed off the compliment. He hadn't been part of Silk for half a decade or so, and his rank within the Underground and the old Rebel Alliance wasn't exactly something one talked about. That left him as a Captain in the Levantine Frontier Corps and an instructor at the Academy. A backhanded reference to the Rebels, maybe? For the life of him he couldn't remember how much Dashiell knew.

He took a seat in Dashiell's office when suggested. The scribbles brought back happy memories of Mara -- before she'd 'grown up' into a teenager. Not that she didn't continue to make happy memories, but still. He thought of making a 'treasure these times' kind of remark to Dashiell about the drawings, but they didn't have that kind of relationship, and Dashiell was in full business mode anyway.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

It took a moment of effort. Not because his office wasn't organized. It was due in large part to the massive undertaking that was this atmospheric station. First to appear in front of [member="Jorus Merrill"] was a large binder with filmsy sheets inside. This was the data captured in raw,physical form rather than electronically.

"Many of the locals are wary of technology, as you can see....this has been our answer."

Back briefly turned and Judah brought out a small holoprojector. Placing it on the desk, Judah activated the device. A model of the atmospheric station hovered between the two men. It slowly spun, offering complete and unobstructed views of what was currently in production.

"This is what you and I might be more comfortable with. Fully interactive. You can dive right into any part of the station with a mere command. Please, take a look and explore through."

"I'll admit I'm not much good with books," said the Jedi Order's longtime Master of First Knowledge. "I've always held that books are lift mass better spent on fuel, food, water and air. And next to data they're a darn sight more likely to take your head off if the inertial dampeners glitch."

He began using the hard copy for secondary reference, focusing instead on the hologram. Isolating one segment of the modular design, he magnified and began examining the structural interlocks.

"This is solid work, Dashiell. Everyone gets the clamps wrong, then turns the ship the wrong way and splits it in half, but these interlocks are good against shear from all angles, if you've-" He double-checked with the hard copy and nodded. "-made them of the right stuff in the right way. This thing'll be solid as a rock."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

"Given my childhood, I certainly can see their value in places such as this. Books. I don't think I'll be flying with the hulking binder you've got before you, so I think I can put to rest any concerns of its fuel use."

Falling silent, Judah waited as Merrill checked between the book and the holoprojection up on display. For a man who didn't take to physical media he seemed to be doing alright, flipping between what was presented before them and the binder. Eye turned deep into the internal structures of the station, with Merrill checking the interlocking sections with a keen eye -- and a compliment.

"Thank you, most of the credit goes to our engineers. As for solid....well.....I can only hope in a couple of hundred years these things are still running or someone is salvaging them out from the depths like we do at Salacia. No expense is being spared in making these atmospheric stations. Besides, a bit hard to cut corners with the potential of millions of citizens floating above a planet."

Tabaqui, Levantine Sanctum territory.
Celestia Orbital Station
Browncoat Arms & Industrial, Research & Development

"Moross Crusade Territories have several planets that had weathered the brunt of the past event; Corellia comes to mind too, with any excess funds found there given back to the system." it was always a good thing to give back when one could. And if any of the salvaged material could be collected along the process of providing humanitarian aide, all the better.

It would be a win win for both.

"If we go along with this plan, we should start seeing production start within the month give or take how quick we start shipping in the resources, refining, and then processing."

The Head of Research gave a nod, looking over at Danger. He had a positive expresion on his face.

"We can start prototype testing as soon as you give the word."

Danger gave a nod. She was impressed.

"Do it."

[member="Danger Arceneau"]
Timeframe : Standard Month after the Merrill Meeting

The sleek Sirena glided effortlessly into a private docking arm located on Celestia Station, high above Tabaqui. Judah started initiate the shutdown procedures on the vessel. There was a level of uncertainty of his length of stay around Tabaqui. Miss Arceneau was often hard to read. Some days she wanted a full shake down report and others a simple flick of her cigarette was confirmation enough. Today didn't seem like a 'flick of the cigarette' type of day.

The civilian-class station had begun full-steam ahead production on the planet of Laekia. It had been decided it would be better to tow it to its final destination. Laekia was fairly quiet and stable, giving the opportunity for the construction to go smoothly.

Rising from the captains chair, Judah shrugged on a well-worn leather jacket and did his best to fix the mop of curls gracing his head. Despite this being a more laid-back meeting between the two, it would be wise not to go in looking like a death-stick addled hobo. Swiping the datapad off the co-pilots chair, Judah made his way off Sirena and into the station.

Celestia Station

Things were moving along just fine for the production of the new and improved glassteel. The first prototypes were a success, able to work much like solar sails in regards to energy absorption and retention. The strength and ballistic testing results came out favorable as well. The go ahead for the mass production of such an item was signed and sealed by Arceneau herself.

It was a good investment; and the going green initiative that she’d worked along with her counterparts out in the Tingal Arm were sure to pay off.

...and speaking of counterparts…

Aeri would murmur a heads up about one particular swarthy faced individual's arrival. So it was to no surprise that the woman would greet the CEO and owner of Salacia Consolidated. Granted, it would be in one of Celestia station’s lounges. Along with plenty of sweet tea.
She stood with her own cold glass of the stuff, condensation slightly beading the surface of the glass. The view from here down to the planet below was spectacular, certainly would be a view that would be keen for any tourist wanting to immerse themselves upon unspoiled beauty.

It didn't take long to find Miss Arceneau. There was only a handful of places she would logically be on the station and after a quick inquiry to a station worker, Judah had made quick work of the corridors to one of the observation rooms. They were beautiful spaces, ones that were scattered around the station, giving an impressive setting for a business meeting or a quiet moment of reflection.

Judah took off his jacket and placed it on the back of a chair, along with the datapad.

"Miss Arceneau, its been too long."

[member="Judah Dashiell"]; ain't no red blooded woman that'd deny that the swarthy jaw'd backwater man held a measure of appeal. Maybe it was that unruly mop of hair, dark forelocks that'd fall over his temple. Or was it the stubble that would grace his jaw? The look in his eyes that felt like a thousand yard stare?

Whatever it was, Danger could not deny that Miz. Dashiell struck gold when she landed Judah. More's the pity.

Warmth lit her expression and she set off to take his hand in a welcoming shake. "Reckon some time," she'd admit. Things have been busy. She'd been keeping herself so; the more one would drown themselves in work the less time one had to listen to the silence. Being a Work-o-holic would keep those nitpicking roaches from her mind.

"I take it things are going well with Captain Atlantis and his crew?" she'd say in a half tease, mentioning his son with good humor.

Judah went to meet [member="Danger Arceneau"] halfway, taking her hand in greeting. Ever since their last meeting on Tatooine with his son, it seemed Miss Arceneau's attitude had changed towards him. It was a small change, perhaps he was imagining it. There was still some prodding to do in order to confirm his theory. No time like the present.

In addition to his handshake, Judah placed a friendly kiss on the cheek of one Miss Arceneau. He had greeted his own sister in the same fashion countless times and while Miss Arceneau was an incredibly beautiful woman, Judah simply meant it as a friendly gesture. If his theory held up, the redheaded woman's reaction may be a little different.

"Makai is doing just fine, besides annoying us about a visit to come and pepper you with questions for another few hours. I would have brought him along today but I'm afraid we would never be able to handle business without being interrupted every five minutes."

It was subtle; but he threw her off. That slight tensing of her spine. She expected a handshake, not a step stone into her personal bubble. Normally this wouldn't be such a concern, but the Dashiell had a way of unsettling her. Maybe it was due to what happened with Alric. Or maybe it was after the event at the Expo, where that sapphire gaze seemed to bore right through her and her secrets.

Danger wasn't used to such familiarity. Such ease of a greeting that seemingly had no other ulterior motive than a greeting. Most folk that got close were due to Danger's beckoning at her terms.

Ah, but years of practice helped the Trade Queen settle herself, especially with the mention of Makai. Her face glowed.

"Well reckon that business won't take too long with how things are moving along. 'Sides a visit ain't too hectic when on the Celestia." She made a move to take a step back, inviting him to take a seat. Ain't one to look upon Judah Dashiell's eyes for long.

He just might narrow into things to quick enough.

Miss Arceneau's reaction was a bit different than he had expected, only a slight stumble before regaining her composure. Judah imagined he would have reacted in much the same manner if the roles had been reversed. Maybe he was wrong about his little theory. Or maybe [member="Danger Arceneau"] was just an amazing actress.

Stepping around to grab his datapad, Judah started the device as he took his seat. He suspected business wouldn't take too long at all either. Most of the work seemed to be running smoothly. There were only a few minor snags. One the of the big ones he felt prudent to bring up first and foremost.

"With the Sanctum folding, what is your desire for this station? Should it still be gifted to the Silvers or a profit be made? I know you are only marginally invested in this....but a caveat of the atmospheric station is having room to explore the green energy options of both Salacia and Arceneau trade..."

Well at least things were moving along. With her eyes cast away, she did not pick up on the look of contemplation that would wash over [member="Judah Dashiell"] 's swarthy face. Talking about work, however, was a boon. In that she could get lost and focus.

Talking business was a lover she knew well. For men, business is war. For Danger, business was like lovemaking. At the end of negotiations, all parties should be satisfied.

"Care for some sweet tea?" she began, hostess as ever and a testament to Companion consideration. While she waited for his reply, she went on to add, "I reckon there ain't a need to sell Celestia. Unless you've an itch to showcase it's green energy options as a foot in the door for more potential business from the Silvers?"

The station itself served as the stop to prevent any tarnishing of the world below, keeping the footprint low. Removing it would mean ensuring another station would take it's place to ensure that status quo stayed the same.

"I have no itch to sell the place. Besides, the Sanctum had interest in the atmospheric station currently under construction. Maybe the Silvers will share the same desire. Our meeting today is about the atmospheric station. How is that glasteel project of yours coming about? I'd like to purchase a sizable amount for the current atmospheric station...its nearing a half-way point on its construction."

At the mention of tea, Judah hit a button on his datapad to load the schematics of the atmospheric station in question. He rose and made his way to the sideboard filled with refreshments.

"You're not here to wait on me Miss Arceneau. " Ice cubes clinked in the tall glass as Judah poured the contents out. Amber liquid swirled about and he moved to pour a second glass, one for his redhead business companion.

"Are you up to a high capacity production of your new glass? If not....possibly my Tabaqui manufacturing facilities could be easily renovated."

"it's coming along well--" he did it again, unnerved her. A slight frown drew over her face as he would pour two glasses of tea before she could.

"I might not need to, but there ain't no fuss about being hospitable." she would reply, taking the glass of tea and giving thanks none the less. She was used to waiting on others though. It had been her role for so long. It was how she ensured that business would start off well. Did she get to situated in that role that having another do the same or tell her that she needn't do it throw her off?

A mental sigh came to her then. Maybe she was losing her touch, she mused. A slight pinch of the bridge of her nose was next; brief so as she could answer his following question.

"It is going well underway," she said with notable confidence, "Depending on how much you need, I am sure I can provide it. However, if you need it faster, I would not be averse to taking up your offer."

She took a sip of her tea, leaning back against the serving table as she would study [member="Judah Dashiell"]. He had some sun recently, and it showed. A light tan would cling to him, a few streaks of sun-bleached hair among the brown.

"How are things going with the atmospheric station?" while he said they were nearing a half point, she was curious with the timeline and the progress.

As Judah retook his seat, a boyish grin broke out on his features. By the way [member="Danger Arceneau"] was pinching the bridge of her nose, he was clearly getting to her some way. A very small part of him was slightly concerned he had broken some type of cultural norm by getting the refreshments. Maybe where Miss Arceneau was from it was a womans job to do such a thing.

You ain't so special that a girl's gonna wait on you hand and foot.

Well, at least that what his Ma thought. Either way, Judah was surprised Miss Arceneau didn't dive into some type of disdain with him. She merely moved along with her business. Maybe it was her way of trying to ignore the situation in order to prevent the wringing of his neck. Judah did his best to reign in the amused look on his face as they got to business. The datapad had loaded and an image of the atmospheric station floated between them.

Some parts were flush with a green tint, while others were colored in a red. The schematic slowly turned to give a view from each angle.

"The sectors with the green tint, parts of the atmo station that are already finished. As you can see, the base is finished. Various life supports have been installed and its able to float freely on its own now."

There was a slight pause.

"The red tinted areas....these are the areas that need to be built in order to house residents and businesses. This comes to my point about your glass. I'd like to make sure as many structures as possible get this new glass. It will reduce the power load needed greatly, leading to a much more efficient station."

What manner of slight vexation at the Dashiell would drain away. Truth be told, it was hard to stay upset at the man. He had a tendency to grow on you. Maybe it was his demeanor, his no nonsense approach. No guile nor agenda. if it was an act, by the Inari the Reviver he was a fantastic actor.

Be as it may, they had business to attend to. Her attention would narrow upon the holographic projection. She gave a nod. "That it would -- even at low light conditions, the glass has been designed to absorb as much light as possible, maximizing energy output." she would tell him. "The glass would work well for the residential areas and business sectors."

"Are you going to put in any hydrophonic gardens?" she was curious to say the least if he was going to move towards that. That was a push towards sustainable lifesupport as well, and with the advancing technology Salacia Consolidated was focusing on, she'd imagine that would be a venue he would be interested in going to.

Half of his tea was already gone, an excellent mixture of steeped leaves and sugar if he did say so. Setting his glass down on the table, Judah keyed in a few more projections for the holographic display. Numbers came to fill the right side of the display, laying out how many square meters of the fancy glass would be required for all the ideas. Most of the businesses would have the traditional transparisteel for now, save for those who didn't deal in manufacturing.

Judah wasn't expecting the question about the gardens. Was Miss Arceneau sizing up some competition in that department? If so, it didn't bother him. The 'verse was quite a large place and some friendly competition could make for interesting times.

"Yes and no. That might be up to who orders these stations. Logically....I would suspect every atmospheric station to have at lease one hydroponic facility. The idea was to put these things above gas giants...mining colonies and the like. Not exactly places where food could be grown planet side. If these stations are out in the black, away from real trade routs....well.....hauling in food would be incredibly expensive."

Judah reached up to scratch his beard, deep in thought.

"Then, of course, no one would want to live on the station. Average man couldn't move his family out following a mining job and feed 'em at the same time. "

"Lets say these stations take off with the Silvers. I've been working with the Agricultural Corps there. Great ideas floating around, some that could be applied to the stations themselves. It may be wise to make the gardens a requirement in any purchase contract..."

"Well that's certainly a venue to pursue." She would take a sip of her tea, mulling over what Judah had detailed. A thought came to mind.

"What sort of defenses will it have?" while it was an atmospheric station, one never knew what sort of foolhardy ideas anyone was keen to have. Especially to a station of this caliber Mistah Dashiell was building. Making sure that there were at least a small measure of defenses might do it well.

Or perhaps that was a concern best left to the buyer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom