Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Saw Nothing

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Words were going to ruin the moment, and sure enough Scherezade said words, and not just any words...

Gerwald froze. He stopped caressing her shoulder. His eyes grew wide. Had he done something wrong? The Lupine was suddenly self conscious about everything. They were in her bed. He was in a towel, she wasn’t in anything but her pants. His body knew what was happening, where things had been headed, only to come to an abrupt hault.

”No?”

The question came with a tone of surprise. Gerwald didn’t mean for it to, but he’d been so lost in the moment that he had forgotten himself for a brief second. He coughed, clearing his throat.

”Is something wrong... did I...”

He wasn’t going to finish asking if he had upset her. Gerwald simply rolled onto his back and closed his eyes for a moment. He had to cool himself down so he could talk. Ger really had called it. Talking had killed the mood, and now that he said more, it was really dead.

”Is this not okay?”

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Images flooded her mind. Images of her grandmother' first steps as a whore, the barrage of knowledge that came with it, the building of an empire, the filling the house up with good looking human and mostly human males in an attempt to get her firstborn daughter to touch any of them and show she was not defected, handing the business over to her aunt...

All through out Scherezade continued to keep her eyes shut, mumbling no's. She didn't want to see any of that. She didn't want to know any of that. She wanted to go back to a few seconds before where everything was perfect ad Gerwald was touching her and she was touching him and thoughts didn't need to happen.

She sat up in the bed, not even realizing that he now had a direct angle to the mangled tattoo on her back, the one that had been ruined by Force Lightning, breaking not only the head of the bird, but left sharp scars along her back as well. The part that no one had ever seen, not even the Nightmother.

Her mind was still flooded, and it felt like a mental attack that she could not ward off. She could not hear Gerwald next to her, wondering if he had done anything wrong. In this moment, she was barely even aware that he was there.

Sticking her fingers in her ears, Scherezade used the Force to scream. Walls shook and the mugs in the kitchen snapped as she let out all the air out of her lungs, forcing the barrage of her grandother's words and images down, down, and away. It took an eternity of thirst seconds before she stopped, and slumped back into the bed, lying on her back, eyes staring blankly at the ceiling.

At least now there was some silence. No more grandma.

No more nothing.

She hadn't heard him? Gerwald could tell something was happening. He tried to bring her out of it, but didn't know what to do. That was when she shot up. His eyes rest on a tattoo that had been mutilated, destroyed. It looked... painful. Taking in a deep breath his hand fell onto her back and cautiously explored the damaged tissue. He had to remind himself that she was 500 years old, because suddenly in that moment she looked so young again, too young to have seen so much harm to herself.

The scream came without warning. It was piercing, and Gerwald put his hands to his ears to try and muffle the sound. He was grateful that he was not in his wolf form. The sensitive hearing he would have at that point would have made his ears bleed, if they were not already.

As sudden as the scream had been, so was the silence. Ger just looked up at the ceiling, [member="Scherezade deWinter"] did the same. Now he knew he had to break the silence, but what was he supposed to say. At least he knew whatever had just happened wasn't his fault. He hadn't done anything wrong. Whatever mood they had set before all this had happened was gone, and Gerwald didn't want to try and recreate it now. The matter of what happened was pressing.

He turned his head and looked over at her.

"Do you want to talk about it," he finally asked, breaking the silence.

The thing had interrupted them, which might have been for the best in hind sight, but it wasn't. Gerwald knew moments like that were not created, they were had.

She had been staring at the ceiling, lost in the nothing. An empty place, where there was no bed, where there was no man lying by her, where her ruined tattoo had not just been on display. It was not a good emptiness, but it was not a bad one either. Nothing that was absent of her grandmother could ever be bad.

And then there was a voice in the silence.

Scherezade blinked, her mind slowly catching on to reality, realizing what had happened. There was no blush to accompany it this time - just a sheer look of terror. The information dump had never been so great before, had never been so powerful, and had never caused her to lose control in front of another person.

She looked at Gerwald and swallowed hard, trying to force the terror inside of herself to calm down, fighting every ounce of her body not to get out of that bed, that room, and just run. Ryloth was a big place. She could hide on the floating rocks. No.

And he - he hadn't run away either. And he had not been injured in her Scream. He... He was still there? He wanted to talk about it? Scherezade blinked again, her throat feeling dry.

It was her moment to choose. To choose whether she would let him help her bare herself to him as he had let her do with him the previous night, or shut a door she hadn't quite felt in such a tangible manner as now that was opened.

"I'm..." she tried to say, collecting her thoughts. Her story was unorthodox, she knew. She had not found another person who had gone through anything similar. "I'm not..." how did you even tell a story that began like that?

She turned on her side, facing Gerwald now. If she was going to do this, she was going to do this. Her hand came up, covering most of her torso. It was not the partial nudity that bothered her now - it was the fear of being exposed to a degree she had never been before, not even through out all they had done since last night.

"I was born over five hundred years ago," the story slowly came out of her. Her speech was slow, every word used carefully picked, "I was a part of a set of twins. My brother's name was Brayden. We came out of my mother's womb hugging each other tightly and almost killed her in the process. We were... A year, perhaps a year and a half years old, when the Gulag came. Maybe a little less, maybe a little more. Exact times from back then are incredibly fuzzy for me.

Three of my grandparents were, at some point in their own history, the Dark Lord of the Sith. My own parents were powerful Siths as well, though they chose to stay as far as possible from Core Sith Politics. I don't know how exactly everyone in my family did it, but each in their own way found a way to survive the Gulag. Some of them are still sleeping it off. My mother was awake a few years ago, and then vanished again. But me...

I was taken by my grandmother. I don't know if this was by my parents' will, or on her own whim. I think the latter, because my family's ancestors have a knack for meddling where they shouldn't. And my grandmother locked me up inside a pebble, and tossed the pebble on Ryloth. I was... I was painfully that I was there for a long time, but I knew nothing. I had no words, no vocabulary, nothing to look at. Only the Darkness around me. And at first it was fine because I could feel Brayden with me, but eventually his presence vanished from the Darkness too and I was alone.

And then about five months ago, the Darkness turned to green. This green," she said, pointing at her eyes, "but much stronger. And I saw my grandmother's face, and she touched my forehead. And suddenly I was lying naked, on Ryloth, with Katrine looming over me, and I was in this body. My grandmother dumped what I believe is almost all if not all of her memories and information into my head. All of it. But I can't quietly sit and sift through it. It bursts out when I don't expect it, when I don't want it."

Scherezade sighed. Not even Katrine knew the depth of her problems with that information dump. "It was good, at first. I realized I could speak, and I knew how basic things operated, and the Hutt's language. But after the first month... After the first month is stared getting violent. Sometimes. Almost like she's in there, being a stupid spirit inside my head, and prodding me with things. Only she's not there. Because I used the Mandragora's abilities to check. It's just me. But with all her memories and information."

The entire time she had spoken, her eyes had been downcast, staring at the exact point on the sheets between her and Gerwald. Now that her story had been put to words, more words than she had wanted to, she had never felt such a deep level fear in her life. And what was worse - it sounded so made up, so incoherently illogical, so... So stupid.

Scherezade forced herself to look up. If Gerwald was going to decide he was having none of it, she was going to watch him leave. She would not hide. She would... She would deal with it, as she had with everything else that had been flung her way ever since she came out of that pebble.

[member="Gerwald Lechner"]

He listened. Partly in disbelief and partly in utter awe.

Gerwald simply could not imagine what she had been through, and had he not been there to see her scream, he would not have believed her. However, he had heard the scream and he had seen the fit she had been thrown into. It was more than enough to scare him, but rather than leave, he stayed. What kind of person would he be to get up an leave now. They had opened themselves up to each other, exposed deep and hidden parts of who they were. It was an intimacy that was way beyond the physical nature, though they had been steadily progressing towards that aspect as well... at a heated rate.

He could not leave now.

His head nodded when she finished. The silence was only to allow his mind to finish processing what had just happened. She looked at him, and searched for an answer. There really was only one answer to give. Gerwald wrapped her into his massive arms and pulled her close. He remained on his back and let her put her head on his chest if that was what she wanted. His fingers started up their lazy tracing of her shoulder. Whether they were ever intimate physically or not, or whether this was simply to be the kind of friendship that allowed certain benefits, [member="Scherezade deWinter"] needed a refuge right now. She didn't need a lover, not yet, and that much was clear.

"So that's what you were saying no to then... she was saying things to you about what we were about to do." There was no reason to deny it. If she didn't know where things were headed in that moment, she did now. It wasn't meant to make her blush, but things at this point were to far to lie about what was going on. They had gotten caught up in the passion of the intimate moments they had shared. For better or for worse, this was where it had led, and now they did have to talk about it.

Grandma wasn't going to let them ignore it, that much was certain.

The silence between them lasted forever. There was no clock in the room, but she could still hear time ticking, every movement of the seconds louder and more earth shattering than before. Maybe she was just going crazy. Or crazier. And that would be the part where Gerwald would decide to get up and go. She'd already decided that she wouldn't hate him for it, wouldn't try to kill him in case he did.

And instead of getting up and leaving, he pulled her close. His body engulfed her again and she gasped, both in surprise and relief. She curled into his warm embrace, for once not feeling the heat of passion, but the heat of safety and protection. It was almost mind boggling, how skin to skin could deliver such different results even when the basicality of the touch had been the same.

Her head was pressed against his chest and she closed her eyes, listening to his heart beat. It was a good, steady rhythm, drowning out the terrible ticking of the clock that wasn't there. Because Gerwald was there.

"Why would I say no to you?" she murmured, "I was saying no to her. I got messages from her, about physical response to physical action, and then warnings about doing and choosing better, and then a barrage of flashes from her life. She was born as a slave on Tatooine but made it to Coruscant, where she became a whore at the age of fourteen. Two years later she was in training to be a Sith and had opened the first branch of her brothel franchise. And she was showing me how she did it... In a lot of sexual detail that no one ever wants to know or see about their grandmothers."

Inching up a little bit, Scherezade looked up from his chest and into his eyes, the tip of her nose pressed against his lips.

"I wouldn't have said no at any point if she hadn't meddled," she said, her voice just above a whisper. But the physical lust was, at least for the moment, turned to very low. She was not going to force anything back. "I'm going to kill her some day," now she whispered, "I'm going to make it long and painful and I'm going to make her back for everything she took from me. And then I'm going to make sure she stays dead for at least as long as I'm alive."

Wait. That required some explanation. "Most of my ancestors consider death to be simply a break they take in between living. They don't think it's a permanent state to be in."

"Why would I say no to you?"

Gerwald could come up with several reasons why she would say no. The most primary being their lack of experience and the fear that was sometimes associated with that, heat of the moment consequences like future puppies, their age gap, though that was mostly on her end being the oldest so if it didn't bother her...

He had to stop his mind. Gerwald was very good at talking himself out of things at times, but he didn't want to do that now. It wasn't relevant anyway. Especially with her other answer.

"I wouldn't have said no at any point if she hadn't meddled."

"That's good to know," he replied.

As Scherezade talked about killing her grandmother and making sure she stayed dead, Gerwald had only one thought. She would have to beat him to it. Her meddling had interrupted an incredible moment that he was sure would not come around again anytime soon. It had been almost twenty four hours in the making... a week if the events of Dragonflower were included in that. They had been interrupted by someone that wasn't even there because of some mental bond, or memory download. How had she pulled that off in that precise moment... how had she known too.

Ger sighed then kissed the tip of her nose.

"If I don't kill her first," Gerwald finally added after mentally debating if he should. "I'm going to be honest... I wouldn't have stopped otherwise, but it seems like you would have been more than okay with that otherwise. It has been an interesting day to say the least. The hunt last night, the heart, the kiss, the roast. THE ROAST!"

Gerwald sat up with a sudden panic.

"How long was I in the tank? What time is it? I can't burn the roast!"

She was about to mention that she'd have been much more than "okay". And she knew he spoke the truth when he said he'd have stopped if she weren't. They had been hashing these matters since the day before, and she smiled, knowing that they appeared to be one of a mind on more than a single matter.

Except for that roast.

Wordlessly, she darted out of the room, forgetting to even putting her boots back on for safety. It didn't matter. She grabbed his pants from the vent and grumbled that they were still a little damp, and ran back to give them back to Gerwald.

"Maybe an hour," she said, looking for her shirt. Where was her shirt? It was one thing to not feel awkward about nudity - it was quite another to walk outside topless with no proper place to hide your knives.

Scherezade rolled her eyes. That had been her last clean shirt. She couldn't leave without finding it.

"Go turn it over," she said at last, still looking. It wasn't anywhere between the sheets. Maybe she could wrap the blanket around herself and leave like that? No. Screw it. "And then come back?" she asked, turning to look at the giant of a man who was now so frantically worried about the roast, and had completely won her over a mere few seconds before that when she'd only get to kill her grandmother if he didn't get to her first.

An hour in the tank and then the couple of hours it had taken to train, it was time to flip the roast, but it shouldn’t be burnt on the side. ”It’s in the medical bay where you took it off when we started making out,” Gerwald said as Scherezade was looking around for her shirt. Damp pants were pulled up under the towel that he let drop to the floor.

It was good for him to go and turn the meat alone. He could take care of that and get some proper clothes on perhaps. It wasn’t that he really cared about it that much anymore, but he was pretty sure dry clothes were better than loose damp clothes anyday.

He nodded.

”I think I’m going to change also. Dry clothes are way more comfortable.”

Was he coming back, of course he was. The idea behind making the roast was so they could both eat into it when it was done. Was she afraid he was going to leave and decide that he didn’t want to explore any of what had happened between them? There was a lot Gerwald wanted to explore with his new found freedom. His feelings and the events of the past day were only a small portion of that. Then there was the matter of learning more about who he was a Lupine. Gerwald needed Katrine for that.

The future was uncertain, but one thing was clear. Gerwald has decided it was time to live every moment as he came. His thoughts settled on that as he turned the meat, changed, and walked back to the ship. In another few hours it would be ready for them to eat.

Med bay it was then. Scherezade nodded, realizing she would have some time before he returned, and headed off to find her shirt, making a mental note that was time to buy a few new ones. Gerwald was gone by the time it was in her hands, and she took that time to jump into the shower to clean herself off from the debris earlier. For a moment she wondered how he had not cared that she was filthy from their training, but then she just shrugged it off, understanding that if the roles were reversed she was unlikely to care much either.

A few minutes later she emerged, her hair piled on top of her head, a towel draped around her body as she tried to decide whether she was hungry or tired. Tired won out, and she left the towel on the floor.

He'd only been there for a little while, but her bed sheets smelled like him. Scherezade smiled as she curled in the bed, the blanket tightly around her. If he was to be back shortly after he left, that would give her just enough time take a quick nap. Sleeping was always hard for her. Two hours at nigh was the usual, but she was an active person that moved around a lot, and there was no way that she'd found to sustain that level o activity on two hours of sleep.

And so, she napped.

When Gerwald returned, [member="Scherezade deWinter"] was sleeping, so he let her sleep. There was no sense in interrupting her sleep. Instead, he did something rather intrusive, he began to clean the main area of her ship. It was something she never seemed to have time for, especially since most of the time he never saw her with the ship. The only things he really did was eliminate the obvious garbage, and the hazards to bare feet. He smiled while he worked. Gerwald would have done this for anyone, at least he told himself that.

He opted to check the meat one more time as she slept. It had a good color, a good smell, and it was a perfect medium. It was time to take it back to the ship. Ger found a bag to put the meat in. Itnwas soley for the purpose of not needing another shower for the third time in twenty four hours. It was entirely a good distraction for his mind, because all he could think about was the events of the past day.

Ger didn’t know where to put the meat so he left on the table.

He peeked into the room, she was still asleep. Gerwald laid on the bed and relaxed. When she woke up she would find him on the bed with her, though he was on top of the covers.

Scherezade rarely slept much. Sleep meant the Darkness returned, the same inky blackness that had been her only companion for five hundred years. She was not comfortable with it. It was the darkness of her prison and not the serene place where others floated before their dreams came.

Even her naps included the Darkness, but this time... Something was different.

It still black everywhere, and she knew she wasn't going to experience dreaming yet again. But this Darkness... Was not the only thing here. She could also smell Gerwald. Not Gerwald himself, of course, but the scent he had left on her sheets. It hugged her in the Darkness, it turned into something that was closer to darkness, and it felt... It felt like protection.

For a moment, the scent seemed to drift away. In her bed, Scherezade's body tensed in response, ready to wake up and pull a knife from under the pillow.

And then Gerwald was there, and the scent became overwhelming, and there was only darkness, the kind that most people found comforting. Her arms reached out to him, hugging him, holding him close, and she inhaled deeply, not sure whether she was asleep or awake.

But after enough time, her eyes opened, and she realized it wasn't entirely a dream. He was there. And his scent was there with him.

She smiled. "I think I want to try to sleep with you," she murmured, her voice fuzzy with the remains of sleep, "a full night. And then maybe I'll know why people like sleeping."

”As in you want me to spend the night tonight,” he asked to clarify.

There was sleeping together and then there was “sleeping together.” Gerwald didn’t care which one they did, though he didn’t really want to force anything. He just knew where things had been going, at such a quick rate. Was it dangerous? Sure it was, but it was also natural. They liked each other well enough. The fact they hadn’t killed each other was a plus. Both had unloaded some of the skeletons in their closet, so it wasn’t as dangerous as it could have been.

He nodded.

”I’ll stay he said,” wrapping his arm around her. ”You’ve been out for a couple hours. I brought the meat back, so as soon as you’re hungry we can cut into it. It’s just resting on the table now. I also... well you won’t have to worry about boots in the main area.”

The trash was gone, but there was still a lot of work to do. Panels were stained, dented, and the floor was going to take some work too. Whoever got the sad task of restoring the ship sure had their work cut out for them. It was a good thing Gerwald had grown up on Stewjon. He and an excuse... he wasn’t mechanically inclined, not with ships. A grin pulled at his lips at the thought before he kissed Scherezade on the forehead.

”I do have training tomorrow though... with the Knights.”

She nodded in response to his first question. Yes. That was what she wanted. If him simply being in the bed meant no Darkness, she wanted to explore it further. She'd explain, but later. Would something happen in the bed other than sleeping? Maybe yes, maybe no. She was fine with both possibilities, though if she were more awake she might have been fine-er with one of them.

He was hugging her now and she snuggled closely. How strange it was. Just yesterday she was uncomfortable with touching in general, and now every time she and Gerwald touched it felt like the most natural thing in the world.

And the she realized. "A couple of hours?!" How could it have been a couple of hours? It was just a nap, it wasn't meant to last longer than thirty minutes! A couple of hours was practically a full night's sleep for her over the past five months! Scherezade jumped out of the bed, her hands automatically reaching for the boots before her mind caught up with the rest of his words.

She turned around, still sitting on the bed, the confusion all too clear.

"First of all," she said, "food, yes. Definitely. I'm starving. And second..."

What did you say when someone turned what was practically your house into a slightly less hazardous zone? Someone who made sure you didn't have to worry about keeping your boots on at all times?

"Thank you," she finally said with a smile, "now get off the blanket because I'm cold and I don't wanna get dressed."

Once he moved, she took the blanket and wrapped it around herself, and then took his hand. The two were not that different in height, but his hands were huge compared to hers, and she reveled in the feel of her hand in his. But she could enjoy it more later. Now, they had to eat.

"You'll be there on time and in top shape," Scherezade said with a firm nod, leaving no room for doubt. Whatever happened with the rest of the night, she was not going to get in the way of his training with the Knights. If he didn't train he'd become a liability, and they would have none of that.

Once they were in the kitchen, she froze, noticing the amount of space the meat took on her tiny table. It was a wonder it could even hold balance without dropping to the (now clean) floor.

"Holy Force that smells amazing," she grinned.

As the two sat down and got ready to dig in, she smiled at Gerwald again. "I need to leave for Maramere tomorrow night. It shouldn't take more than a few days and I'll definitely be back before the weekend." Maramere. Force. She hated that place. Three days spent in the snowy mountain top had been more than enough. And now she had to go back. Ichs. "There's some splinter pirate group that thinks it can reclaim their territory. I'm being sent to take care of it."

Gerwald smirked when she indicated she didn’t want to get dressed. He didn’t want her to, but wasn’t about to voice that. The naked body of a woman was a beautiful thing which he very much admired. Just because he lacked experience with women did not mean he did not enjoy looking.

He knew the roast smelled amazing, but he grinned when Scherezade complimented it. His eyes watched her as she walked out of the room and all the way to the table. Everything about her was brilliant in the moment. Her reaction to the clean floor and the meat was what he’d hoped for. All they needed was a sharp knife to cut it, and that was the one thing he knew she had.

Gerwald grabbed a carving knife from the galley and cut into the meat. A piece of the bark was handed to the girl. He wanted her to taste the fire roasted smoke flavor it held. It had an intense flavor that some did not like, but Gerwald did. It was part of the best part of the meat, where the juices from the coagulated fat gathered. His mouth was watering.

”So tonight is it then. You take off, will be gone for a couple of days, and it’s back to whatever routine we have been living...”

There was no guarantee Gerwald would be back when she was. The Knights could be mobilized for a mission. He could be sent out for survival training. She could have a detour on the way which delayed her return. There were many reasons that would keep them from being able to say for certain this was the case. If all they ever shared was the past day, Gerwald would be happy. She had helped him discover a piece of him that he didn’t know existed.

”We had better eat quickly then. I don’t want to be spending the time we have before sleep claims one of us eating a roast. I’d rarher hunt again, kill your grandmother or...” his voice trailed off. He didn’t want to say it out loud, but the kissing had been really nice. Gerwald was going to have to do a lot more of that in his future.

She was almost drooling when he started carving the meat. The smell was deliciously overwhelming and she felt like she could devour the entire beast without Gerwald's help.

"it’s back to whatever routine we have been living..."

Scherezade looked up and stopped herself from automatically asking what a routine was. She wasn't part any government sector or branch, she didn't have a set schedule or anything else. She was just the mass murder crew, sent to take care of things when everyone else was too busy, or sent in advance because... Well, because not everyone would've thought to contaminate drinking water in order to make their claim easier to make.

"My grandmother isn't alive right now," she said quietly, her mood taking a slight shift, "not dead either. Somewhere in between, dancing on the Great Web, waiting for the right moment to make a spectacular entrance." And that was but one of the many reasons for which she wanted to actually kill her.

The first bite was enough to wash the mood away. She was beaming and smiling again. "Can I hire you as a personal meat cook? I don't have much credits but you'd get free usage of my bacta tank in return." Damn. That was just delicious.

And he wanted to hunt again. That had also been an offer, alongside killing her grandmother.

"Have you been to the Floating Rocks of Ryloth?" she asked, "there's some great hunting grounds, with with floating rocks to make it all awesome. You can practice your Force Jumps there and see if it works in wolf form."

Gerwald didn’t wait to tear into the meat. The moment [member="Scherezade deWinter"] had her piece, he was eating. He had been waiting all day for this, with several distractions throughout. All of them had been at the hands of the girl currently clothed in nothing but a blanket. He sighed as the meat hit his tongue it was great.

It may have seemed he was not paying attention as he ate. Gerwald heard every word. He stopped eating when she mentioned that the grandmother which haunted her thoughts was not technically alive.

”So a dead woman stopped us from... I’m telling Katrine to bring her back so we can kill her... after she undies whatever she did...”

Ger wouldn’t be having anymore of that. He had already resolved the next time they found themselves in that particular situation nothing was going to stop it. Gerwald was a free man, and he was becoming very aware that he had needs.

”You’re right, you can’t afford me,” he winked at her comment. [/color=teal]”I’ll cook anyway when I get the chance. It’s something I enjoy.”[/color]

He didn’t need the use of the bacta tanks to sweeten the deal. She had a kitchen, room to keep his kills from the beasts that would want to steal a fresh carcass. After fasting the meat, Ger knee he would be hunting this beast again, once they ran out of the food. It was plenty, more than they could eat before it went bad.

”I haven’t been to the floating rocks. Though I think I want to be better with the skills before I try them as a wolf, if I can even use them. What interests me most though, how you talked to me. That could be handy when I’m a wolf, even if I can’t speak... could I direct my thoughts?”

"Kat's not strong enough yet," she gave the somber reply. She had already thought about using Kat for help. But despite being the Nightmother, Kat was still fresh with her abilities, relatively. To kill her grandmother she would need a small army of people who could do crazier things with the Force. Katrine would get there, as would Scherezade, and as would Gerwald. But that would be in the future.

For the present, there were other matters to attend to. Such as getting to know him better, spending more time with him, and making sure she got back from her mission in enough of a piece to do more of that. And of course, she had to get some extra training as well, especially since she was so disappointed her the speed of her advancement.

You mean this? she asked, still eating, not using her mouth to form the words. If there hadn't been any food in her mouth, she would have smiled too.

Swallowing her last piece, Scherezade looked at Gerwald.

"The first time I did, I couldn't start with words," she explained, "Katrine taught me how to. At first I imagined my thoughts inside a balloon, and that Katrine was behind a wall. I made the balloon fly to her and then popped it, and she received the images. After that, my mind knew how to wrap around the thought of linking itself to another mind to send messages, and speech became easy. But the hard part was forming the link. Not everyone needs the whole imagination thing, but it makes it easier for me."

Ger shrugged. He didn’t know what Kat’s limits were. Imagination was everything right? Yet they had limits, physical ones. Gerwald didn’t fully understand it all yet, but he would, eventually. He just kept eating his meat. His portion was exactly twice as much as what Scherezade had eaten, after all a man his size needed a substantial amount of calories through his day. The meat would provide more than enough, especially if he dug into the fatty parts.

He was surprised the meat didn’t have too much of a gamey flavor. It was perfect. The words came to his mind as he swallowed the final piece of meat. It pulled him away from his musing about the flavor of what he was eating.

”Exactly that...” he said blinking. ”I want to know how to do that.”

Gerwald didn’t care if he could form words right away, he just wanted the basics to practice. He knew he was a fast learner, but that didn’t translate into mastery. His butt was still sore, along with his head, to keep him from thinking it did.

”Alright it’s settled then... we’re gonna do one more skill before the day is over. Then when we’re tired, I guess it will be bed time.”

Bed time. Scherezade formed the thought of the two of them embracing tightly in bed and nudged it gently into Gerwald's mind.

If you want bed time, she sent into his mind, you need to earn it.

She openly looked at him, giving him one of her huge and wicked grins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom