Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katrine Van-Derveld had gotten the bug for creating useful things. First, the Spirits had instructed her to create an armour for herself because of who she was to them, that had been the easier part in some ways but because of it, she'd been inspired to create herself a unique weapon. While Katrine had her sword, it turned out that she required a connection to the Force and the spirits in order for her to pull it out of the ichor and when she did it, she couldn't use Force Powers or cast spells while she held it which made her want to create a new weapon that didn't have to depend on either of those things. And so the design was made and Uncle Isley suggested use of a metal Katrine had only heard of. While Uncle Isley could have found a way to get her the material, since she was participating in the creation of this weapon, he'd sent her to Geonosis to talk to their Minister of Science to see whether he could direct her in the direction of it.

That was when the Nightmother was, stepping into the government building, making her way through. A few eyes focused on the girl in the flowery dress passing through, ignoring most of them as she'd made her way to the right floor, pausing in front of the secretary before the Minister of Science's office. "Nightmother is here to see the Minister," she informed the person once she knew she had their attention, proceeding to wait before she'd be sent forward.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was in his office going over paper work. His weapons were on stands within his office as usual as well as his armour. He had E-ESPO in the corner occasionaly he got the droid to hand him some stuff, it was after all still a severing droid. Crow was sitting on the floor next to him, the droid was almost by his side. He enjoyed it company more than anything. He had already given out a further three versions of the droid. He sighed sometimes he hated the paperwork. He looked at some of the models of the droids he had created. He enjoyed creating things.

Just then he received a message from his Secretary. It said the Night mother was here to see him. He straight away sent back for her to be allowed through and she had clearance to pass through any area to arrive to him. As well as a guard to lead her here. She deserved that after everything she had done for him, especially on concord dawn. He put the papers away and got E-ESPO to ready some refreshments ready. He had no idea why she was here, but it was sure to be important.
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

She didn't have wait long after the Secretary had delivered her message, a guard arriving shortly to lead her into the ministry areas where she'd never been before, finally stopping before a set of doors leading up to the man's office. The guard opened them and moved aside, allowing her entrance. "Thank you," Katrine only gave before stepping forward and into the office where Rex was. "Minister," she addressed him formally, a small smile on her face as she did.

The Nightmother well remembered the first interaction between Rex and Lylek interacted as he was claimed. She remembered everyone's claiming now, if not by her own memory than by the will of the spirits to always know. These two had interacted before and after two and now would, effectively, be the third time. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything?" The blonde wondered approaching the table.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex had just finished cleaning by the time [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] had arrived. The doors were open by the guard and Rex got up. She said minister and he replied with "Night mother." He nods to the guard to shut the doors again. He turned by to her smiling. He waited for her to continue. He could remember the first time he had meet her, and the second time neither of which were in formal setting. Third times the charm as the old saying went.

She then said hope I am not interrupting anything. Rex laughed. "It is always a pleasure to have guests, allows me to have a reason to get up in the morning." He offers here a seat. Whether she sat or not Rex then ask, "So what can I do for the night mother today?" Rex knew she generally only worked with natural objects. He sat down on the other side of the table.

Formal greeting met formal greeting, Katrine didn't say anything. That was what she was now even though the word Mother sounded oddly foreign to her still and sometimes, still reminded her of her own Mother who was still missing and refused to be found. That was another subject though, for another time. Today, she'd come with a purpose.

To her question, Rex had given a laugh than a verbal response. He liked having guests at work, it seemed, a reason to get up in the morning. Hmm, Kat immediately thought as she sat down in the offered chair, hearing his question shortly after. "Well, see, I'm doing a project with Uncle Isley... uhh, the Vicelord. He's helping me make a weapon. And he suggested I use songsteel but since this project is also about me learning more, he's sent me off to find some. He suggested I ask the Minister of Science if your research has led you to some before I reach out further," Katrine explained quickly, with plenty of details. It was pretty much how it was. Normally, Uncle Isley just did the work when she brought the design but this was also a lesson of sorts so she had to bring the material back. Not that she'd ever seen songsteel in the flesh, in a matter of speaking, to know what she was looking for but someone like the Minister of science might have known something more about it.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Ahhh you are doing a project with Darth Metus, interesting." He also made a quiet note of her call Metus Uncle Isley. He would have some people look into that later it was always good to know who you were working with, especially when you were in a such a position of power. Not that anyone else would want it given all the paper work he had. "Oh, it is a weapon excellent. I do enjoy a good weapon." He said nodding to his own weapons on the stands.

Then she finally got to her request she wanted Song steel. Rex nodded, that made sense song steel was a very useful metal for weapons. He wondered how much to tell her and then decide he didn't need to hide anything from the night mother. "I just recently acquired some song steel actually but we will need to go to the training base outside the city to acquire it." He says, he had just recently done the deal with Ra and found he didn't need as much Song steel as he had gotten. "If that is what you would like."

A project with Darth Metus, Rex noted. Katrine only nodded to confirm his statement. Yes, she was working with Darth Metus, a name she was not used to. Kat couldn't remember if it was ever brought up while she was growing up and considering all the things she didn't expect to find at this time, the Witch couldn't help but wonder if it was because it was a distant past or if it wasn't even a thing back in her Mother's stories. The thought though got pushed aside as Rex commented the project being a weapon. "Yeah, the spirits insisted on me having armor, this weapon though spurred by the moment's creativity. It'll suit the armor quite well," she explained. While Katrine didn't mind talking about the spirits or the Mandragora, the armor wasn't really much discussed. He was one of them though, so it was perfectly fine sharing the little surprise. It wasn't like she told him exactly what design she made or what Uncle Isley did to it. There would be a time for unveiling later.

When she'd asked for Songsteel, Katrine had expected exactly what she had meant - information. If he knew where it was if he knew who to ask. Instead, she had gotten something better and unexpected. Rex had recently acquired the material but it was located in the training base just outside of the city. Was that what she'd like? Katrine smiled widely almost immediately. "Absolutely. I didn't expect you to have it but this is far better," she confessed, rising to her feet almost immediately, unable to contain her excitement over the knowledge that her search would end so quickly. "Can we go?"

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex nodded listening to her "An armour, it is fair if you don't tell me more. My own armour has yet to be fully tested." He said nodding to his raven armour sitting in the corner. He wasn't lying he really hadn't had a chance yet, even in several of their planetary visits still hadn't fully tested his armour's defensive capabilities. He smiled thing about the amount of time he had gotten out of this office for.

She wasn't expecting him to have it. He smiled and that was why he had some agent working for him, just to check what people had or what they wanted. But mostly what they had. Then she asked if they could go. "Of course." He said as he put his armour on, grabbed his weapons and lead [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] to a land speeder which then took them to the base. He was immediately let inside and headed straight towards the R&D section. Jumping out of the land speeder he walked to the door, "Welcome to the training base, and welcome to the R&D section of the base. My home away from home. As has been set any high ranking official is allowed within, yourself included."

He rattles off before opening it up to two armed guards who let him through. They passed several projects including his own weapons project and something that looked like a Lylek droid. "Several projects I am currently working on." He said "But what you want is right here." He said pointing the some Songsteel held within a glass case.

His small piece of information resulted in Rex telling her his own armor had yet to be fully tested, her gaze shifting over to where he nodded to, noticing it. "Nice," she'd only offered. From just looking at it, the blonde couldn't tell too much about it and her head was a little more focused on her current project.

When she stood, he answered her question affirmative and put on his armor and took his weapon before they'd made their way out of the office. "Is that necessary on Geonosis?" She wondered about his armor and weapons. This was the Confederacy's heart and capital, it wasn't really her first instinct to put on armor on a planet like this but then Katrine wasn't too used to the idea of wearing armor just yet as it was. Rex would lead her to the landspeeder and begin their drive soon enough, leading them to the base. Once there, he'd jumped up, the Nightmother following his attention as he explained where they were. The training base but where they were was R&D, his home away from home. Any high-ranking officer was allowed in, including herself. "What's R&D?" The blonde asked, having never heard the two letters alone.

Large doors opened up, the armored guards being the first thing she saw before Red led her inside, sapphire irises looking about to see a lot of projects, including a spider-like droid that had Kat thinking of Lylek. "He'll like that one," she commented as they passed by it and moved to a glass case with Rex pointing out what she wanted was there. Her gaze shifted over to the container, realizing the object inside reflected as she moved towards it. "Oh, wow," the Lupine suddenly went as she realized, circling the glass case a bit to see more of it. "It's beautiful." She'd never seen songsteel before in the flesh though she'd looked it up when Uncle Isley suggested it. The description hadn't been enough to explain it, to be perfectly honest.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex smiled R&D she had no idea, he was not surprised "R&D means Research and Development, which is most of my job." He then smiled again as she saw the Lylek droid. "I do hope so just need to implement the crystals I got a bit ago." Then she saw the Songsteel. She was surprised by it beauty much like he was to begin with. "Yes it is very beautiful."

He opened the container "And it is all yours. If there is anything else you require while you are here please say so, otherwise I will go back to finishing off the weapon that I have been crafting out of it." He smiles before heading over to a bench with the starts of a song steel staff with a few telescopic parts among other things. He beings humming to himself going about creating it.

R&D. Research and development. She'd heard of those two things but she hadn't heard of the acronym before. It made sense. "I like that," Katrine commented only before Rex had commented on the droid. He only had to add crystals he'd gotten a while ago. "Hope we get to see soon," she added, a small adjustment to the singular word echoed by the spirit. Lylek already knew through the eyes of their Nightmother.

Immediately after she'd commented and Rex agreed, he'd taken out the songsteel from out of its container telling her it was all hers. And anything else she might have needed but he had work to do still. "Thank you," the Witch responded moving over to the open hatch of the container as Rex went to his work. "And Rex," Katrine called to him again before she took the material, "if you need anything, you can always come find me." He hadn't asked for anything right now but she figured, with something as valuable as songsteel, he could always come to her. Though, a member of the Lylek pact knew they could always come to the Nightmother if they needed anything, even if she didn't owe them anything.

Her attention momentarily turned to the songsteel in her head, it was surprisingly light in her hands. Even if the information she had on it said it would be, she still hadn't expected it. "I'll leave you to your work now," she only added, a smile on her face as she left the training base. With the material in hand, she only had to return to Uncle Isley and begin working on the Chakram.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom