Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Yavin Touch and Go

282468.jpg
O B J E C T I V E: MEET UP WITH CONTACT
It was bright here. Too bright. Tugging the hood a bit further over his head, Kaidan grimaced as he moved through the spaceport, avoiding the glances that came from the inhabitants. He had been sent here for his first assignment, one of what he hoped would be many gifted to him by his father. Find the pilot that was hired to take him off world, and acquire the item of significance from Yavin IV. What that item was, he would be told once he arrived. Until then, he was to lay low, and not showcase his abilities to anyone; a test in endurance he had been told. Regardless, it felt...odd walking about the surface of this world, without the embrace of the Maw, everything just felt wrong.​
His headaches hadn't been as severe today, but then again, he hadn't touched the metal cylinder concealed within his robes. It always hurt his head when he attempted to use it, even more as of late, filling his mind with visions and voices he couldn't understand. Made things hard to work out, and truthfully, he wished he could be gone of the item in question; but he felt drawn to it somehow. He felt a faint vibration on his wrist, an indicator that informed when he arrived at the docking bay in question. Raising his head, he looked at the number '3' that had been corroded away, and pushed his senses out with the force to check. He felt life on the other side, and a ship as well; old, dusty, unlike the pilot in many ways. Her life force was young, eager, not at all like the craft she appeared to be operating at current. Perhaps she didn't know the cargo she would be handling today.​
Opening the door, a tall figure clad in dark robes shuffled forth, his eyes looking for the very pilot he had sensed just a moment ago. His hand slid into his pocket, and produced a small holo recorder; a message of Darth Levo himself would play if taken, more of a glorified threat that his 'package' was to be returned alive or dead. Something that wouldn't seem to phase the larger man in the slightest. After handing off the device, he would speak, his eyes faintly glowing from under the hood. "Greetings, I believe you to be my pilot?" He questioned, a nervous energy in his eye, though he remained standing at near perfect attention.​
Hopefully this one lasted longer than his 'handlers' did. Only time would tell.​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

A trip from Felucia to Yavin. It was to be a profitable one: The journey was short, the cargo, less than one tonne, and the worlds unimportant enough to have less pricey docking fees. Constance was happy about the set-up as her brought the freighter into the hangar. In a smooth and seemingly simple manoeuvre, she brought the ship around so that the ramp would face the entrance and the nose to face the exit as she had done so many times in the past. It was a little bit of extra service that was usually appreciated. Although, most of the time, it was appreciated by the dock workers who brought the cargo onto her ship, not by the cargo itself. This was the odd part of the job: She was going to transport a person, not goods - but for the same price as if she moved a greater load. She hadn't put that much thought into it - presumably, it was her discretion that they wanted.

Pressurised air was being ejected through the numerous vents of the ship and the engines were still running. The ramp started to be lowered but the Mirialan contractor was moving onto it before it had even touched the ground. There was a bounce to her step - while she was neither giddy nor very excited, Constance was full to the brim with energy. She greeted the robed man with a nod but remained silent as he handed her a holo recorder for a quick listen. The look in her eyes as her gaze went up to meet his revealed her exact thoughts That was weird It was not a very judgemental look, but rather a curious one.

Constance flashed a smile and a nod as he asked his question. This one seemed formal, something which she had little interest in entertaining "Greetings to you too. I believe you are to be my cargo." Hers wasn't a question, it was a statement. The woman pushed her shawl to the side to put the holo recorder into a pocket, casually revealing the blaster pistol that hung by her belt. It was always safer to show that she wasn't defenceless before people could get their scheming going. "I'm Constance. If you promise to not touch anything, I'll let you ride in the cockpit. More exciting than playing Dejarik on your own in the common area."

Turning to move back onto the vessel, she paused before fully looking away from him. Her friendly tone remained as she jestfully asked "Are you good to come with on your own or would you like a hover trolley?"

Bright5 Bright5

Last edited:

ADAPT
Cargo? That wasn't his name. No, he was a passenger. Kaidan Ordo first, but he was a passenger. But did this woman know? Was she supposed to know that? Kaidan's head tilted to the side, nodding as he glanced down at the recording and found it offered no help. This was never mentioned in his briefing. He stared at her for a moment, partly taken in by her appearance, but also out of confusion for this whole ordeal. As far as he knew, she had no real authority over him, yet...she spoke as if she did? A test perhaps? Nor did he know what Dejarik was; the blank look in his eyes. Perhaps some sort of combat practice? So many questions, and no answers. His eyes flickered to the blaster pistol she held, and nearly thought of seizing it, before realizing that there was no danger, and doing so would violate his fathers orders. "Agreeable. I am Ordo, Kaidan. Mod-" He stopped, out of habit wanting to recite his template data, but again, that would violate his orders. "Modifications?" He attempted to recover, his hand in a bit of a panic as he swept it towards the ship, trying to make it seem like he was inquiring about the specs of her ship.​
He stood there, waiting for a moment before she asked him the following question. Though truthfully, he had no idea what she was asking him. Why would he need a hover train to board her craft? "Yes." He replied bluntly, moving to follow behind her as they would board the ship. "I can move on my own." Unlike the rest of the batches, he had managed to make it this far. This Constance was far different from those he had been around, she seemed....naive? Trusting? No, vulnerable. He suspected a sudden attack would easily incapacitate her, though, she could have just been that confident in her abilities. He didn't feel the force within her however, which....made her what exactly? At current, she was an unknown, and that meant she required study until he could understand her actions.​
The ship was...different from what he had been exposed to. There were no cells, no rough benches, and no security personnel on board. Far different from his last trip. This was a new feeling entirely. "Your vessel is....pleasant." He said aloud, having struggled to find the word pleasent as it wasn't often used in his day to day speaking.​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

The name was a Mandalorian one, but the cargo certainly didn't seem very Mandalorian to her. He was far too... awkward. While those who shared his name weren't known for their great social skills, they certainly had a different feel to them than this one. He continued struggling to get his message across but eventually managed to inquire about the ship. It was not details which she was comfortable sharing outright and thus, she answered with a smirk "Well, she's got that dejarik table I was talking about." With a confident wink, Constance turned to proceed to boarding the vessel.

While he had taken her joke more seriously than expected, the young Mirialan didn't think much of it as they proceeded up along the ramp. She was courteous enough to wait for him to actually get on board before raising the ramp once more - they were, after all, on Felucia. The docking fee was inexpensive. Pointing at a closed door she spoke with a tone that conveyed seriousness underneath a layer of friendliness "That's the engine room. No access allowed." before moving in the completely opposite direction, leading them past the crew quarters and into the common area with a connecting corridor on the opposite end.

Constance turned around upon hearing his compliment. A genuine smile crossed her lips "Thanks" The thought of making another joke on the dejarik table crossed her mind. No it wasn't good enough. Instead, she gave a serious response "I try to make it as homely as possible" whilst nodding to a set of unpowered Life Day lamps snaking their way around an exposed pipe. With a swift move, she reached over to turn them on, creating a colourful surprise. "If you're going to stay here, I'll leave them on" she spoke before pointing to the other corridor "That will lead us to the cockpit"

Instead of moving on immediately, Constance remained still as her eyes lingered on the cargo. She was waiting for him to make the promise not to touch anything or declare his intention to stay in the common area. Regardless of whether he made such a statement or remained silent, she would turn and walk down the corridor leading to the cockpit.

Bright5 Bright5

ADAPT
Again, she used that word, Dejarik, and this time there was a table involved. The confusion was only mounted. "I see." He clearly didn't understand, but he was concerned that asking might blow his cover.then she made a movement which he didn't know how to take. Was something wrong with her eye? Was this a signal? His brow furrowed in confusion, but he followed her regardless.​
Upon boarding, she already began to make demands on him; no entry into the engine room? He couldn't fathom why, but perhaps she hid her slaves there for all he knew. Then again, they were the only two beings on this craft. Why the secrecy? This test was by far the most complex he had been put upon, when would the traps begin to show themselves? He continued to follow her, more like a puppy than a passenger, seemingly impressed by every trivial detail one could imagine. Like why she had room for several people despite her flying on her own. Did she not have soldiers to command? Clearly she had some inkling of command to her, yet she lived in such meager accommodations. Then she used the word 'homely', and it brought to mind thoughts of his tank. The confined space it provided was 'homely', in a sense. Perhaps she too was born in a similar environment. As he was pondering these trivial matters, the bright light of the lamp burned his eyes for a moment, prompting Kaidan to look away in a small degree of pain. When he opened his eyes, he has suspected he was being assailed by some manner of torture device, yet it was....a device he couldn't quite understand the need for. Why would one need this? Light was not needed to see after all. His expression was one of irritation, a scowl shown quite clearly across his features. "No, I'd prefer they stay off." He remarked, glancing to the woman and stepping back as she moved past him to the cockpit.​
He realized now that perhaps he was at risk of blowing his cover, and to compensate, he began to speak as sincerely as he knew how. "These accommodations are new to me. Never have I flown on a vessel without restraints. It feels....nice." He agreed, his mind lingering in the torment he had experienced during his move to Felucia. The lack of danger just felt off, and he couldn't shake it. He pushed out with the force once more, uncertain if he was being deceived, and found that there was no danger evident once more.​
With that done, he fell in line behind Constance, uneasy and unsettled about how this mission was unfolding.​

JVL7KRs.png

Last edited:
Yavin Touch and Go

"Geeze, no Life Day lights for you then" she said, having taken note of his unappreciative reaction. With a swift move, she reached out for the switch and turned the colourful lights off again. She had been unlucky this time, for it seemed like her passenger was of the grumpier kind. The kind that was easier to just ignore instead of offering them something to eat. Fortunately for him, it was not a long trip.

Her paced slowed a little as he spoke up from behind, once again finding a bit more leeway about when to have liftoff from the inexpensive docking fee. Another compliment of the ship. With a certain degree of elegance, Constance turned to face him whilst pedaling backwards, still moving towards the cockpit. "Glad you like it" It seemed as if her elegant turn never really ceased as she continued to bring it to a full circle so that she could move normally once more. His mention of restraints was odd and unable to restrain her curiosity, Constance threw another glance at him to have a quick glance at his wrists, half expecting to see some old cuffs there.

Just before they entered the cockpit, the girl turned to face him once more, making an abrupt halt as her eyes went up to meet his. Shifting to the right whilst resting her left arm on her hip, Constance shook her head with an almost smug smile "Hold right there, mister Ordo." she said, her serious tone shifting into a more playful one towards the end. Still, her gaze was a serious as ever "I'm not allowing you into my cockpit before you promise not to touch anything" She felt how she was on the verge of softening up a little but steeled herself before it was too late. Still serious, she spoke matter-of-factly "Look, I don't mind having some company in the cockpit. But I won't have someone mess with the controls of my ship. So if you want in, I want your word" she said, shuffling a little in her position to allow the blaster to brush up against the shawl from underneath, making for a rather subtle hint at where they might otherwise end up.

Kaidan Ordo Kaidan Ordo

SETTLING DOWN
"Life Day?" He muttered, unable to figure out what language this woman was speaking. So many words that he had no context for, only that there were lights associated with this 'life day', and that he was not to have any lights. Not that he wanted any, if they were threatening to burn out his retinas. Why would one need something so colorful? It seemed entirely pointless. Perhaps it was to build mental resilience? No, that didn't make sense either. How was he supposed to act 'normal' when everything seemed so odd?​
There were marks on his wrists, scars that seemed to be relatively fresh. It could be he was a slave, or at worst, a criminal. Hard to tell, given he looked rough either way. Whatever evidence she hoped to gleam was soon lost however, as his robes soon covered the scar tissue, leaving her to ponder their origins. Though Kaidan had a different problem, he couldn't tell what she was trying to pull on him. Her tone changed, and he was left wondering if she seriously sought to halt him, or trying to trick him. He was genuinely confused by her initial conversation starter, though he came to understand she was merely asking him not to try and operate her vehicle. Which was fine with him, he hardly recalled how to operate such a craft. His head tilted to the side, expecting there to be some sort of 'con' or 'catch' attached to the end of her statement, but there was none. How odd. Bewilderment took over, though he had no desire to be drawn into conflict; though once again, she seemed to make a showing of the pistol. Perhaps it was a custom to show one was armed. "We have no misunderstandings." He said, pulling back the side of his robe, revealing the hilt of his weapon to her. It was very clearly a lightsaber, but to Kaidan, it was the only weapon he had been given to use; aside from the vibro blades of course. "I assume weapons are frowned upon here? You keep showing yours to me, so wish to show you mine in kind." He inquired, while having no intention of using the weapon, he thought upsetting the pilot might complicate issues for him.​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

"Good" she said, happy with where the 'faceoff' in the corridor was going. He seemed compliant enough. But then, it all took an unexpected turn as he pulled his robes back to reveal a lightsabre. Her right eyebrow rose as she analysed it and its wearer. Considering their location, it seemed likely that he was Sith. But then, she also remembered his wrists and the mention of restraints, making her wonder if her cargo was some kind of thief who had just managed to steal the weapon of a force user. In the former case, he would pose a lethal threat to her regardless of whether he was armed or not. In the latter case, he would be more likely to wound himself than her when using the sword. At any rate, allowing him to bring it seemed acceptable for the time being, especially since she wasn't about to part with her own weapon. It was surprising that he had picked up that she was hinting at being armed, for she had been subtle - but it was something to improve another time.

"You can keep your weapon" she replied, thus answering if they were frowned upon in the negative. Her expression remained calm and collected - inside, her heart was pounding hard in her chest, for the prospect of transporting a weird Sith was daunting. But weakness was the last thing she wanted to project now, and so, she kept a brave face. She wanted to give him the impression of confidence - an idea that she could hold her own with the blaster pistol. In truth, she wasn't very good with it, but at this point, the appearance was what really mattered.

Still, despite her desire to hide it, some change in behaviour was inevitable. Her tone, now slightly more friendly and careful "Come on in, have a seat" she gestured towards the co-pilot's seat before turning around to slide into the captain's chair. Without much further warning, she she took command of the vessel and had it rise from the ground without the need of a lengthy startup procedure - for the engines had been running throughout their encounter. If he had not yet managed to take a seat, it could be quite the little shake-up - something which she wouldn't mind, just to test him a little. Soon, she set the navicomputer to plot a course whilst following the lane given to her by the traffic control tower. The lull in action prompted her to look over to him "So, what's this restraint business?" Her gaze soon returned to the window and control panels. With the occasional glance, she continued "People with lightsabres tend to travel without restraints."

Kaidan Ordo Kaidan Ordo

HEADCASE
If there was anything to blame for his observation skills, it laid in the training he had received. It was expected to be on the look for a concealed weapon, body motions, eye contact, there was a flow that bodies took when trying to distract, and trying to draw a focus to something trivial. He wasn't a smart man, but he knew how to kill. It was really the only thing he truly understood. Was he dangerous? Without question. But he had orders, no force powers unless it was needed, and right now such things were not needed. This one seemed pleasant enough, odd, but far kinder than his trainers. Though he believed her untested, her compassion was a weakness he could easily exploit, though that indicated she lacked proper training. A pity.​
He nodded as he was told to hold onto his weapon, though it wouldn't have mattered. With the force, he was never defenseless. He took the seat that was offered, his eyes looking to the strange controls that were laid out before him. "Interesting. I have never seen this up close." He muttered, his hands keeping far away from the controls, not wishing to irk the woman, though as the lift off cycle began, it became clear that he was rather curious at this whole event. It was far rough and louder than his past experiences, but then again, this was also a smaller ship. He watched her, still curious, not understanding what it was that she was doing with the machines. It was then that she began to ask about the restraints, and at that, the first indication of hesitation was visible. He paused, his gaze looking to the view port, before glancing back to Constance. "I was told it was for my own good, my training was painful." He muttered, the back of his head aching at the mention of his 'training'. He gripped it in an attempt to soothe it, though it did little. "Then surgeries followed." He continued, shaking his head. "Something about security, apologies. It's hard to recall it all." He finished, the pain creeping up the back of his head, and sweeping up the sides of his head. Thinking of those days still caused pain, and yet, he had no idea why that was. He did have one thing to distract from the oncoming headache however. "They don't?" He inquired, perplexed about how others with his powers moved about.​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

She looked over to him with fond eyes after having heard the admission: That he had never been this close to the ship controls. Her gaze returned to the path ahead, but her focus lingered on him. Keeping her eyes to the front, she leaned a little closer - not nearly enough to close the distance over the panels between them, however "That magic feeling of liftoff never goes away. No matter how many times you do it." she said dreamily before glancing back at him with a slightly sharper reminder "But still, don't touch anything."

It was clear for anyone to see that he was less comfortable with the question on his restraints, even for Constance as she piloted the ship. It was a little surprising, considering that he brought the topic up himself. At first, she sat in silence to hear him tell his story. It was hard for him, that much was apparent. Many questions popped up in her mind, but it wasn't obvious which ones she could ask. In the end, continuing to poke at what almost seemed like an open wound felt insensitive. "It's alright" she said, offering a kind smile "Just try to enjoy yourself for this trip."

"They don't" she repeated with a low voice as a single low series of beeps could be heard "Hold on" she said, raising a finger to emphasise the point. Almost immediately, her attention turned to the navicomputer and she started to operate the device. It had made the necessary calculations for their hyperspace jump and so, she worked towards getting them to their destination without delay. Busily doing the final touches, she let out a casual "It tends to be either Jedi or Sith, or whatever they like to call themselves."

The final few codes were entered - all that remained now was to push the thruster control lever forth and they'd be away. Constance paused and looked to him "Jedi and Sith tend to be the ones taking the prisoners. It is rare that they're found in restraints themselves, ain't it? Must be some harsh Master you had." she said, trying to keep her cool and remain casual as the spoke, knowing that he was potentially rather dangerous.

"Seatbelts on" she said, not pausing for long before pushing the lever forth and sending them into the hyperspace jump.

Kaidan Ordo Kaidan Ordo

Last edited:

DEFY GRAVITY
She seemed to enjoy her work, that much was clear. It was nice to see, so many of his fathers soldiers seemed to live in constant fear. He felt as much during his time at the compound, though he didn't quite understand why that was. He raised his hands as she lectured for him not to touch anything, trying to show he had taken her words seriously. She had rather a commanding presence to her, perhaps a place on his father's payroll would open doors for her. He wouldn't dare suggest such a thing however, his place was merely to serve, it was his father who decided who served and who hearkened his command.​
She seemed to let go of questioning him seeing that it was putting him in a degree of pain. As she waved away his obligation to speak further, the pain lessened, and with it, he relaxed. He still had no idea why he was in such tremendous pain at times, but it wasn't his place to question. Father would reveal all when the time was right, that was his promise. "I will certainly try." Better to think of something else.​
He fell quiet as she asked for a moment, though he was perplexed as he was told that others with his powers did not travel in a similar fashion. Were they not dangerous? Were they not needed to be contained? How odd. He watched her fingers flutter above the device, moving with a level of instinct that he had only seen in those competent with their work. It reminded him of the assassins with their blades, very accurate, efficient. Curious. She spoke of jedi and sith, and of...whatever others referred to themselves as. He was sith, was he not? Or, at least that was what his father had said to him. He paused as she spoke of him having a harsh master, his hands wringing his fingers tightly, his lips pursed before he responded. "My father mentored me, harsh, but necessary he always said." And yet, something seemed wrong with this whole picture.​
She mentioned that he need to fasten his seat belt, and looked for such a belt to down. He only found two straps however, one a buckle, and the other seemed to be a device to connect said buckle. Perhaps this was the contraption she spoke of. Combining the objects together, he felt them tug against his form, securing him to the seat. It wasn't as bad as his past experiences with such devices, but he failed to see how it could protect one. Regardless, he sat, and watched the tunnel of hyperspace rip open before his eyes.​
He had never seen it from this prospective, only from the view ports of his cell. "Does it always look like this?" He asked, transfixed on the image before his eyes, looking to Constance only after a very long moment to admire the beauty.​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

Had they been more familiar, she would've given him a friendly pat on the back as he mentioned how his father claimed that the harshness was necessary. Instead, a disapproving frown could be seen spreading across her features - it was something she tried to suppress but hints of it were impossible to hide fully. "They like to say that, don't they?" she asked rhetorically. A mischievous smirk appeared on her lips with a joke "Just gotta wait till they're old and frail. Will be a different tune they sing then." A few moments passed, letting the Mirialan realise how personal she had become, dragging her own emotions and views into it. "Sorry" she said and added a quick excuse "Just making conversation."

It would not be long before they were off. The Sith had struggled with his belt - or, at least not handled it with the same routine as most. But it didn't matter, what mattered was that they could start the most time consuming part of their journey. It was encouraging to see his excitement over the process of entering hyperspace. She leaned her head to the side upon hearing the question "There are some slight variations" Furthering the tilt of her head and shifting her gaze to him, she added "But yeah, it's mostly the same." Constance made a few last checks before leaning back in her seat "Still doesn't bore me, at least when entering it." A smirk appeared as she added "But try telling me you aren't bored after having stared into a hyperspace tunnel for a few hours."

The Mirialan spun her chair to face the passenger before bringing her legs up onto the seat and crossing them. Her eyes analysed Kaidan but she remained silent, wondering how he would react. If his gaze ventured towards her, she would try to let their eyes meet.

Kaidan Ordo Kaidan Ordo

EYEING THE COMPETITION
He shrugged his shoulders at her comment. He had no idea. "I suppose so." He had no answer for what she was asking. She began to speak, about waiting for the time to strike, until they are old and frail, then that was when you go for it. How right she was, his studies into the relations of sith and their students revealed such things. Perhaps to Constance's surprise, Kaidan chuckled at the comment, waving off her apology. "You made it well! That's indeed one outlook to take on the situation." But to betray his father? That was...a tall order, especially for him. Not now, clearly, but perhaps in time, his father was grooming him to take over for him. Yes, and when it came for that, he would do exactly as his father desired him to do.​
The topic turned to that of hyperspace, and how there were indeed variations. Though, Kaidan had no earthly idea as to how that could be. This all just seemed one large shroud of blue to him. Perhaps in time he would learn to appreciate the nuance​
He looked at her pointedly as she stared at him, glancing about the cockpit, trying to see if he was missing something. Clearly, he was expected to do something now, though what he had no idea. "I'm...not bored?" He responded, confusion evident in his words, as he glanced back to the blue tunnel, then looked into the woman's eyes, trying to discern from the look in her eyes. They were a pleasant green, rather beautiful in a sense. The reminded him of another pair of eyes he had seen, but where? It was familiar, but different, perhaps in his dreams. Yes, he had seen eyes like that in his dreams.​
There was a voice behind the eyes as well, though it never called him by the right name. 'Kadan' it would say, but it felt that whoever those eyes belong to, was speaking to him. He pushed the thought aside, it was something he could deal with at a later time. His pupils were yellow, bags under them indicated long nights without sleep, compared to Contance's own, they would be best described as 'ugly' in the most polite terms. "Is there something bothering you, Ms. Constance?" He asked, turning to face more towards her, leaning out of his chair ever so slightly.​
She clearly wasn't trying to breach into his mind, so what else could she achieve by gazing at him like this?​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

It was always amusing to see how people reacted when looking at them for a while. Maybe not always, but almost always. There she sat, legs crossed with a slight forward lean and green eyes looking into his. At first, there was uncertainty, a lack of understanding of how to respond or what she wanted. The cargo tried speaking of not being bored, but Constance remained silent and just kept looking. Still, she was careful not to let it seem hostile and her face revealed as much, always on the verge of smiling without actually doing it.

She kept it going for a while, even after he asked if something was bothering her. But not for much longer once the question was asked. Her lips parted to reveal a slight smile "No" her response was accompanied with a head shake. "You weren't even on the verge of laughing" she noted, knowing that many others would at least have smiled awkwardly or giggled. Tilting her head to the side, the young Mirialan didn't give her cargo much of a chance to respond before making another observation "You mostly just seemed curious" she paused and squinted her eyes before asking a straight question - her tone characterised more of curiosity and concern than malice "Were you uncomfortable?"

Of course, she had noticed being called Ms. Constance - it was not to her liking, for it was far too formal. But it was only a minor annoyance and nothing in comparison to the interest she had for the talk they had now. There were a thousand questions she felt like asking - but there was a balance to be maintained. A social one, to ensure that they were both comfortable, a professional one to not be overly intrusive, and a security one for the sake of not angering the lightsabre wielding passenger. With that, she simply awaited the response of her passenger.

Kaidan Ordo Kaidan Ordo

INQUIRE
He was utterly confused by what she was trying to tell him. Not laughing? Was he supposed to? He tilted his head for a moment, before letting out a rather fake laugh. He quickly cut himself off, looking to see if she was satisfied with his display. "Better?" He asked, though, she spoke as if she had been studying him. Was that what this was about? Some sort of observation? "You are the only person to look at me like that, it's not uncomfortable. It's...unusual." He confessed. Truthfully, he wasn't used to it. Whenever he was viewed usually, there was traces of fear, or hate; often both. This woman on the other hand, seemed to be curious about him, just as he was curious about her. A rather confusion situation truthfully. Nothing in his training had covered this. "You behave differently than anyone I've met, hence my..." He struggled for the word. "Apprehensive?" He would say after a moment, before shaking his head. "Regardless, I am not used to these...interactions." That much was true, most of his only memories of speaking came from conversations he had been forced into by medical droids; all to gauge his psyche.​
He shook his head, knowing he wasn't equipped for such a conversation. Though he had no real idea how she viewed him, he had to imagine it wasn't exactly pleasant. "But no, I am not uncomfortable. Merely, out of my element."
Hopefully, this mission wouldn't go horribly array.​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

She gazed at him, eyes amused and lips on the verge of a smile. "Much better" she said, confident that he'd be able to see that there was a degree of sarcasm to her words. With her chair still directed towards him, she leaned back as he spoke, revealing that she was the only one who looked at him 'like that' - Constance assumed that it was the prolonged gaze that she had just produced and leaned her head to the side in a nod "It's not that common, you're right"

A seemingly urgent beep drew her attention away. It was a warning signal for an urgent engine failure that required immediate action. Her focus rested on the panel for a few moments, clearly with signs of concern. Acting fast, she stood up on her knees, still in the seat, and reached up to bang on a panel a few times, eventually causing it to die out in silence. A small sigh of relief escaped her "Faulty power coupling. Makes the system think that we're gonna die" she said in a lighthearted comment.

His earlier words still lingered in her mind. As if nothing had happened, she sat back down, legs crossed and a curious look "So, what is your element? You sell ship insurances?" she joked, knowing how many of her fellow spacers behaved around those he did sell insurances.

Kaidan Ordo Kaidan Ordo

YAVIN TOUCH AND GO
Perhaps he had relied too much on his powers to understand what people thought, as the behaviors and actions of this one perplexed him thoroughly. "I feel as if you are testing me. No, examining me." He corrected himself, feeling those words were fairly to the point of how their exchange had been progressing. Not that he minded, it was...entertaining in some aspects.​
The beeping startled him, the large man nearly shooting out of his chair, but the actions of Constance stopped him before he did anything rash. He watched her at work, understanding the problem, and eliminating it in quick succession with a strategic strike. He had tried similar methods back in his quarters, but it had only ended with failure; and rather irate technicians. Where he had only destroyed such devices via use of force, she had managed to fix it. Astonishing. Though her explanation for what the issue was confused him for a moment. "Yes, but we aren't dead-Ah. I see." Perhaps he was learning, maybe.​
Then it came time for more prying. She seemed to be curious about that. Still, she wanted to know what his element was, so he would inform her of it. "My element? No, nothing like that." He muttered, trying to remember what the word 'insurance' refereed to. It was a sort of promise correct? He couldn't remember truthfully. "I...kill and fight. They call them...gladiators on some worlds. I call myself a warrior." He found the words difficult, perhaps because he wasn't accustomed to it. Seeing as how he just admitted to being a killer however, he was a bit concerned with how his companion might view him now. "I'd not seek to harm you however, but any who attempted to board this...method of transportation against your wishes, they would be deserving." He felt that was a nice way of addressing the potential issue he had opened up. "I...assume your element is...this?" He asked, opening his arms as he gestured about the ship.​
Her element was far more tame than his.​

JVL7KRs.png

Yavin Touch and Go

She had only responded to his comment about feeling studied with a playful nod of the head, confirming his guess as truth - or something like it. The almost-answers were better than the straight ones, at times, and this was one of those. A smile appeared on her lips as he changed directions - going from pointing out their 'alive' status to simply going along with what she said. Constance was not a proponent of following authority, in fact, she was quite the opposite. But then, sometimes, admitting that one didn't understand something and simply going with what those who did said was preferable. To her, the force was of a similar nature.

While she was relatively good at hiding it, her facial features started show more concern as he spoke of what his element was. Her hope had been that he was some kind of thief or a criminal, but it became increasingly obvious that he was a force user. And from her knowledge of force users, this one seemed more like a sithy one. Her eyes laid fixed on him, now meticulously scrutinising his movements in a more serious way than before. It was only when he started to offer reassurances of protection that her concerned features softened. Still, her careful gaze lingered even after he asked his question.

"Yeah" her response was short and a fair bit different from the friendly tone she had kept up until now. "Your kind aren't always big on promises." she said whilst turning her seat back to face the front instead of facing him. In truth, Constance didn't really mind Sith - the ideological force wars were not really within her realm of concern - but what did concern her were the stereotypes surrounding the Sith. Constance wasn't a fan of prejudices but at times, they were hard to ignore. At least when the prejudices meant that being the cause of a mood swing could be lethal.

Trying to have them return to normalcy, she spoke matter-of-factly as she looked to the panel infront of her ""We're bound to arrive by Yavin any moment now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom