Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yavin IV Jedi Academy: Part II (open to the Jedi Order, regardless of faction)

P O R T S H A R D R O C K
Witchtown

A hand would wipe away the beads of water clinging to his face, slicking back the damp length of his hair thereafter. He never looked as much as a kid as he did then; pale face with the cold and still shorter than his sisters. Among the natives of Witch Town, he was likely sticking out like a sore thumb, especially with those uncanny orange eyes of his.

Maybe what Mara was talking about sithspawn and his eyes had some merit to it. It was something to consider later on.

Either way, wet bootprints would lead him into the tiny cantina. It was an odd medley of culture clash. Mandalorian. Dathomir Witch. Who knew what the Force else. He only knew of the Dathomir witches by study and word of mouth; in his mind they were a rather vicious lot. Most heard of the Nightsisters and how instead of using the Force they use spells.

A rather crazy fact to wrap his mind around.

Then again, he had relatives that used sorcery, so who was he to judge the curiosities of the Galaxy?

The door swung shut behind him, and as expected, he got a good few pairs of eyes locked on him. Welp, it was all about confidence in the end.

Walk the walk, kiddo, his mum always said.

Blend in.

So here was his first go.

[member="Micah Talith"]

As darkness came to this part of Yavin, so too did Vexen uncurl from the bundle of sheets tucked into [member="Micah Talith"] 's ship. She'd found a nice quiet and dark corner of the engine room as a sleeping space. Somewhere where the walls were close in around her, and the machines thrummed constantly. Somewhere the light struggled to reach. Somewhere, like the tiny corner in the maintenance corridors of the Ithorian herdship she had grown up. Vexen had no idea that her species lived in dark subterranean corridors, which went some way to explain her choice of nest. She'd only just discovered that the floating city she'd grown up on wasn't the entire universe.

Of course, she also had no idea that her species were fiercely loyal creatures who survived due to their tightly knit societies. Which was why she didn't fully understand quite why she felt so concerned that Micah wasn't there. Vexen knew instantly. Used to a world of almost no sound and light, the absence of another living creature was conspicuous. She'd conversed with only one other creature during her existence, and Micah was the first who saw her and didn't chase, beat or use her.

After skulking about pining for a few minutes, Vexen found the way out of the shuttle. The darkest night was to her, as daylight was to most, she looked out and quietly whimpered. She could easily follow the teenager's tracks by sight and smell. Appearing nothing more than an indistinct shadow, Vexen slipped out into the night and followed the only being that cared that she existed.

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
[member="Shule Windspeaker"] [member="Digo Odel"]

I rubbed one of my montrals after Windspeaker finished, taking a moment to soak it in. "Right," I said. "I can totally do this." Not. Ah, well. What was that annoying thing Double Kay always insisted I had? Oh, that was right: potential.

Well then, potential, I told myself, let's see whether or not you've scurried off into the deep black abyss of...something.

My eyes were screwed shut, and I'd raised my hands a little, but something broke my concentration. Irritated, I opened one eye and caught sight of one ugly...thing, waiting off patiently for something or other. Yeesh. Poor fellow, I thought, and shrugged. Now, time to try this again.

Eyes closed again, I mulled over everything I'd been told on this Force Scattering thing. Hrmm... Basically, I just had to, well, scatter my mind or presence or whatever across an area, like oil leaking from a crack that was too small to see through the guck. Oil leaking from a crack.... With that lovely visage, I imagined a substance wafting out from myself. It spread out like liquid, covering more and more of the area around Windspeaker, that weird alien, and myself. As it grew, I could-- well, not sense, exactly, the other kiddo, that [member="Hylocereus"] boy, but I could feel his signature. And yet, it was also spread out and growing larger by the second.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, feeling a little giddy. "I think I'm doing it right!" Of course, the words hadn't even left my mouth when my own Force presence or whatever wavered and began shrinking -- fast. A soft, growled "Bah!" escaped my lips as my awareness settled back down to its usual size. "Bah!" I said again, more from a lack of words to describe my frustration and an unwillingness to start complaining about how incompetent I was than anything else.

Potential, aye? Well, that stupid potential was as reliable as a wily pirate.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Digo Odel"]

"Good progress - very good. Nicely done, Padawan Belawiiks. Keep practicing, and when you're comfortable, feel free to join the game." Shule squinted in the dark, evaluating the Baragwin arrival. The Force was a storm of overlapping signatures right now, amplified by inexpert use of the presence-scattering technique, but for a moment he'd almost felt...

"Evening, friend," he said, approaching the Baragwin after excusing himself from the Padawan. "You must be the eopie and eopie products dealer. Welcome to Yavin Four." Though most non-Jedi traffic was shuttled through Port Shardrock, Shule made it his business -- with the Rekali Clan's consent -- to know who was inbound and for what, at any given time.

The same robe for eight years? Kaili didn’t even want to make a comment on how hygenic that would be. Or perhaps rather she didn’t want to make a comment on it because it was her mother, but mostly it was the hygiene that worried her the most. The kid let out a tiny snicker as the robes dangled all over the place. If only her mother knew how much of an example she was setting for why robes weren’t to be worn.

By Kaili, of course, they looked ‘good’ on her mother. Since if she said anything but there would be hell for it.

The carvings of the walls didn’t really interest Kai as much as her mother. Sure, history and all that, but it was history that others had already found out about and explored. Kaili wanted to be first. She wanted to be the pioneer, the first to set foot in the halls of a history piece’s past. Yavin, while certainly beautiful and exciting in it’s own right, was just not as ‘fresh’ of a discovery as she would have liked it to be if they were talking historically.

“Well, all sapients have a brain and a heart.” Kaili would shrug. “They have the force. Muscles too, I guess.”

“Why?”

[member="Kira Talith"]

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
[member="Kaili Talith"]

The impish grin was theonly warning Kaili got.

A sudden boop of her nose by her mother would reveal exactly why she brought that up. The Force went surging through Kira's arm, a manipulation of that energy, rushing through her finger to zap through the slender digit and transfer over to the tip of her daughter's nose. Force stun was exactly that, nothing complicated, but a manipulation of energy to overwhelm the nervous system and stun an opponent.

It would feel as if Nohei's entire face went numb, down to her lips too! It would tingle, making it hard to talk and move her eyebrows. It was like a bad trip to the dentist, but it served well.

"And just what makes those muscles move, hmm?" Kira would ask her daughter, knowing full well that it was unlikely she would be able to talk normally.

She just might even start to drool!

Her face went numb, her jaw decided to not cooperate and the tongue residing within it simply wouldn’t move. The young girl’s eyes set for the tip of her nose as she accidentally got her tongue dangling. Jaw waltzing up and down she nearly bit herself repeatedly until finally she spoke up.

“Thah din’t huht yuhno.” It was all gibberish. “Ah fott iwaf gonto huht.”

“Anehweh, ai gehh heh pah aw sahiens haa ee cawhen ef ve naewe hysfem.”

Curse her mother for putting Kaili in this seat! She tried to furrow her brows in annoyance but found herself stuck with the same placid expression across her face. At least she could shake her head, barely.

“Wah weh wis weah ohf?”

[member="Kira Talith"]

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
[member="Shule Windspeaker"]

I gave a very sophisticated animal grunt at the man, my main focus on trying to hold my Force Scattering long enough to be effective. Otherwise, what was the point of learning it? Was I right or was I right?

As Windspeaker excused himself, I continued to practice.

Okay, here we go. I feel myself, my presence, and everywhere around me. Not that my surroundings really matter. Or do they? Focus! Okay, okay, let's try this again. I've got myself, and I'm going to expand myself.

Once again I pictured the oil, flowing more than leaking, and spreading my presence out from me.

Alright, here we go, I'm growing, making myself bigger in the Force or whatever. Damn, I bet Karr will be proud of me!

Or maybe not. With an almost audible whoosh, I once again shrank down to my normal size. Letting out a growled curse for letting it slip, I tried again. And again. And again. Each time, I would be able to expand myself, but then some thought or distraction would break my concentration, and my efforts would vanish.

I rubbed my forehead in irritation. I knew I could do it, but could I master it? Not wanting to think about that, I decided to go after that other Padawan.

Besides, it was completely normal for an adult to play a game for youngsters, with youngsters.

[member="Hylocereus"]

Remembering the general direction that I'd sensed the boy, I set off for him.

As I walked through the foliage in a semi-successful attempt to employ my sneaking skills, I had a thought: If he were expanding himself like I had been, then his perimeter would probably be fairly even and symmetrical. If his was, then that would mean he would logically be in the middle of everything. Right?

Ignoring the little worm of envy at the turd for being able to hold his technique longer than I, I quickened my pace and set off for where I hoped he'd be.

Kira Talith

Kira gave a laugh. She had experienced the same thing back when she first learned the skill. Also every time she taught the lesson.

"A few minutes. I only used a little bit of power there, I didn't want to completely paralyze you." She told her.

" there are differences. Force stun temporarily deadens the senses and perception. Paralyze does exactly that, to a limb or even an entire body. It can only work against organics, not droids. That's where ionize comes in but we will talk about that later. "

Kira would ruffle her daughters hair. " the way it works is that the nervous system is one giant net of energy, when you manipulate the force to stun them, you are overloading their senses to stun or paralyze them. Much like an electric charge. "

“Shtop laffing.” Kaili would pout and doubly so as her hair was messed with again. “Whash wiv evewy one and meshing wiv my hay?”

“Ish like, gosh, I gesh it. Pleash shtap, mavver.” Not that she put a lot of effort into it, but she swore that every time she did put actual effort into maintaining a hairstyle someone like Micah or mum would come and destroy everything she had worked for. “I am naht a kid anymorr. I’m eleven.”

Eleven was grown up age! “I fink I ken handle a few shtuns, man.”

“You jusht-” She raised her hand for her mother. “Push the forcsh shomhow.”

She made a lot of weird grimaces and movements with her hands before giggling it up.

“Oh-kay. Mehbe not. What shud I dew?”

[member="Kira Talith"]

Kira Talith

Kira couldn't help but give another giggle. To anyone spotting the duo, it would appear as if both were sisters, with just how short Nohei's mother was. At this time, the young girl reached her five foot height, maybe even passed her already. They were all growing so fast...

"I want you to think of how electricity runs through a datapad. The Force is the same. Only that you are the battery that sends it out, using your arms and hands as the conduits." she began to explain.

"Look to the flow of the Force, much like when we taught you to use for a Force push. Only instead of manifesting that into kinetic energy, i want you to alter the flow of it and manipulate it to come out of your hand like a surge."

She pointed to her daughter's hand and extended your own, "Kinda like overloading to freeze the nerves into being stunned. It is really just like being struck with a stun gun, only that instead of a blaster, you are using your fingers."

[member="Kaili Talith"]

[member="Vexen"]

Through rain and mud and the crud. Vexen's keen sense would find the young Talith in Witch Town. His objective was currently inside one of the cantina's, walking up towards one of the bars. His cloak was soaking wet, and his hair equally damp, slicked away from his face.

"Got any juma juice?" he would ask the barkeep, this rather barrel chested Mandalorian. Clearly, his choice of drink was not one of the top five common picks.

"Ain't none," came in Mando'a, which Micah had to focus a bit to decipher. He was still learning!

"Water?" a grunt would answer a yes.

"Well that's something..." Micah would mutter under his breath, turning to get a good look at the place. One thing his mother taught him about getting information, is to simply try to blend in. Listening to what other people were talking about was a good way to get the feel of a place.

And maybe he'll learn a bit more of where to find this Warlock.

[member="Vexen"] | [member="Micah Talith"]

Nose twitching in excitement, Ipsy scurried through the door of the cantina. A steady pitter-patter of droplets streamed through her muddy fur and onto the floor. Her large ears pressed flat against her head as she paused, taking in the gloomy interior.

It was so different from the stormy outside she'd just been exploring. People and creatures of so many species lounged within the building, their stories seeming to hover, patiently waiting to be discovered by the tiny Amaran. She began to shake off, only to notice someone sitting in the splash zone. Behind him, a path seemed to open, beckoning her toward the bar and the possibility of a meal. She'd already eaten her collection of squirmies and scalies, and the newest shipment wasn't due for another week.

No matter, Ipsy thought, yipping quietly as she remembered cantinas sometimes serve cactus juice. Stooping her head, the fox began the meticulous task of straightening her fur. She then scampered to the bar, tail wagging at the thought of some prickly pear. A small trail of water marked her progress. Maybe the bartender even had a wiggly treat or two, she thought. It couldn't hurt for her to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom