Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Y.N.D. (Ysalamiri Neural Disabler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />
<br />
Star Wars Canon:<br />
Pending initial review<br />
<br />
Starwars Chaos: <br />
<br />
WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />
<br />
WITH DEV THREADS<br />
Pending Initial review<br />
<br />
SUGGESTIONS<br />
Pending Inital review</p>

Anja Aj'Rou said:
So with that said, what if the device merely put them into a temporary coma. Since their ability is manipulation of the force itself, which couldn't be done if they were pacified.

My main issue here is that the bubble they create isn't something they do because they protect themselves. Its something that is just there and within their subconscious much like how we just breath, just to breath. So if they were incapacitated - the bubble would still be there which renders your device useless. [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Braith Achlys"]

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Hm, you're not incorrect. Their ability is passively maintained. Although to my knowledge, whenever a force user was knocked unconscious, any powers they maintained through the force were disabled. As was with shapeshifting via the force, they didn't even need to think about it to maintain their appearance changes, but would revert back to their original form after being knocked out.

Would this not be the case with Ysalamiri too? As far as I'm aware, their ability itself is manipulation of the force itself, and not a property of any organ or anything.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] From what I've read about the Ysalamiri is that they maintain it until they're dead. Unless you or I find out otherwise through research this is what I'm going off of. Force Users, they have to concentrate and focus on the Force to do anything. It just doesn't happen on its own. That's why all abilities cease when the user is unconscious. It is also why the user has to train and learn about the Force. The Ysalamiri do not have to train or focus on the Force to create the null bubble.

Alright, I will try to find a solid source on that if one is out there, to see how exactly their force manipulation works.

However, I'd like to explore alternatives. As I understand based on earlier discussions within this submission, the idea itself isn't unsound, it was merely the method in question. So I'd like to ask is killing them that bad? I mean it might sound worse on paper, but at the end of the day if they're disabled in a duel, the writer can get another one in their next engagement (especially since they're able to be cloned.)

Not to mention it doesn't change the fact that their ability to increase the range of their bubble by stacking is still impossible to counter with this device.

Just my thought on the matter.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] Sounds good, as for killing them no its not bad. If that's the only way to stop them then so be it. But at a 10 yrd radius its not going to fly. Its going to have to be point blank to the tank, which in turn I understand defeats the purpose of having the device to neutralize them.

A Ysalamiri bubble is instantaneous, they only must be within range of their opponent. So this, as a countermeasure to that, wouldn't be more powerful than what it's countering to begin with in effect. It's the same Radius as a single creature's bubble. So you have to be inside the bubble before you could activate it, thus it's possible for them to get the jump on you before you have can use the device.

Would this be a sufficient conclusion?

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] Yes, depending of course on how you plan to kill the lizards.

Edit: For clarification, if you're going to kill the things you're going to have to be point blank with them, in their face and with your hands on the nutrient pack or how ever the other player is carrying the ysalamiri.

They're small, likely very simple (as reptiles). The device is adapted to target the Ysalamiri specifically, triggering a neurological response which then causes cardiac arrest. There are crazier things in canon as far as transmission goes, and even in real life there are types of transmissions which can penetrate through the planet (too bad cell phones don't use them).

Similar countermeasures to organic creatures exist as submissions, too. If I may use this one as an example of another such submission, that really doesn't go terribly deep into the technology. This is just a countermeasure to a weapon, not a weapon itself--it has no other purpose.

Would this method be sufficient?

Spencer Jacobs said:
Edit: For clarification, if you're going to kill the things you're going to have to be point blank with them, in their face and with your hands on the nutrient pack or how ever the other player is carrying the ysalamiri.

I apologize, I didn't see your edit when I wrote this response. If that's the case, and the above isn't allowed, I will make edits to fit within the scope you're looking for. I also apologize for the lengthiness of this discussion, let me know if I'm being difficult.

That is the original concept of this submission as stated in the sub. I made edits to take that out, but I'd like to be able to edit in the original concept where it kills them instead. The submission I linked above was merely an example of another countermeasure against an organic weapon that didn't require any explanation as to how it did it, just that it did so.

So I'd like to know what exactly is considered rough. That way I can see what I can do to fit my original concept into what you deem necessary for approval.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] Explain how the cardiac arrest is delivered, how it passes through the nutrient pack and doesn't harm the person wearing/holding the device and the person wearing/holding the nutrient pack. Doing this I would require you to expand your development thread. Its rather vague and its mostly dialogue on why the threat of the ysalamiri should be neutralized and there was no solid development on the product itself. So if you wish to continue with just the sub and the development thread as is, the submission needs to be detailed on how this is going to happen - especially since the way to do this would require that it be an instant kill - which doesn't give the other person no chance at trying to save their pet/technology.

I'm going to be honest, I'm 70% convinced that this is something that is leaning towards denial because of the instant kill concept - but what convinces me to try and work this out is the fact that - its really the only way to counter the ysalamiri.

I've made some modifications to the original post, in what I feel is a middle ground between what we both want.

On the note of development threads, I realize the testing thread itself is only 10 posts. But the invasion (where we assaulted an entire base which contained the creature samples) would've added at least 100 or so relevant posts from the objective.

Would those posts not be relevant to the submission itself? As the thread with Khaleel was quite literally a carryover where we walked around the very base we assaulted sometime after the battle.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] No, with something like this I don't feel an invasion thread is sufficient enough as dev. I've said it a few times that they're good supports to other developed threads or openers to have other threads build off of. I'm going to need something else as development.

Apologies that I didn't receive the last tag on this >_<

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] It is the content, and I've looked through what you've posted its good. But the other thread is so weak in content. I'm not trying to be a pain, but with what needs to happen for this to work - I can't just wave my hand over it and say its all good.

Honestly, if you added a few posts testing to the other dev you'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom