Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech X-04 "Theia" Class Sensor System

Status
Not open for further replies.
evgeny-rodygin-scene00.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create the pinnacle of anti-cloaking technology.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Aegis Systems
  • Primary Source: Determinism
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: X-04 "Theia" Class Sensor System
  • Modularity: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Real-Time Mass Particle Monitoring w/ Relavistic Sensors
    • Instant Playback Optimization
  • Multiple A-02 "Omniscient" Class Super Processors
  • Multiple B-10 "Tensai" Droid Brains w/ MACA Programming
  • Real-Time Sensor Uplink with Fleet
STRENGTHS
  • Titan of Sight -
    • The 'Theia' is only barely a sensor in the vaguest terms - more a brute force measure to find any hidden ships in the area. It does this by actively monitoring every particle, energy, or time dilation in a large girth around the primary ship; and through this, finds possible discrepancie. With this, it can find where a ship was, where it will be, and a slew of other information in regards to the entire battlefield through nothing but hard factored determinism.
WEAKNESSES
  • The Cost of Knowledge -
    • While the system is powerful in its ability to find any discrepancy in the Space-Time continuum, it suffers in that the information processing power required to do so is unbelievably massive. Processing the math of every single particle for many AU requires the power of AI far more powerful than traditional ones; meaning that often, an X-02 is required to be involved to make the system work, or similar AI.
  • Power Banks on Power Banks -
    • Due to the multiple A-02's required to simply siphon through the information received, the "Theia" can not be mounted on any ships smaller than five kilometers (5km) - meaning that only the most powerful and discerning customers will be not only able to afford the device, but even manage to utilize it in their fleets. Anything less than the 5km minimum will fail to operate, and is simply not viable for their power capacity.
DESCRIPTION
While there are many systems in the galaxy meant to counter stealth based technology, Jaeger realized that the market for such was focused too heavily on stealth fields and less so on alternative measures like White Current, or even the singularity generator from their own ‘Nyx’. Maliphant, seeing this, went to Jaeger’s R&D department with an idea in mind; a sensor system that was a sensor in only in the most vague of senses.
Rather, the X-04 was Jaeger’s experimental attempt at a simulation device capable of reading insane amounts of details from every particle in a wide area around the setup. This effectively allows the X-04 to find discrepancies by seeing where things were supposed to be, and where they instead ended up - and even being able to recreate entire moments in time in its simulation banks by simply ‘rewinding’ its processed data. This works in the other way as well, since it can even predict the future of where every single particle and energy wave will be through scientific determinism.
By utilizing the power augmentation powers of Kyberr Crystals in its sensor array, the system is doubly able to determine relativistic changes in the space time continuum. In lay man terms, this means that it can detect changes in the force created by the White Current and otherwise by actively monitoring minor discrepancies in particles near the cloak, giving a semi-clear warning sign that something is in the area. While difficult to achieve, the sensors can accurately pick out White Current Master's ships at a system wide distance - but the fidelity of the system increases as a ship nears the sensor array.
The real strength of the system is that it essentially brute forces its way past stealth systems of most kinds - with future-proofing method to keep it relevant even as tech advances. However, while Jaeger continues to test the effectiveness of such stealth measures, it is simply waiting for the day another company finds a way around the all too powerful nature of the Theia. A day it looks forward to.

Last edited:
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - So, there are a few things that need to be addressed before I can consider passing this along.

... It does this by actively monitoring every particle, energy, or time dilation in a large girth around the primary ship; and through this, finds any possible discrepancy it can. With this, it can find where a ship was, where it will be, and anything it needs in regards to the entire battlefield through nothing but hard factored determinism.

... The real strength of the system is that it essentially brute forces its way past stealth systems of every kind - with a future proofing method to find discrepancies in most future stealth setups.

Firstly, the wording in this strength and portion of the description needs to be softened as the Factory doesn't deal in absolutes. There's always the potential for failure in even the most bleeding-edge tech, and that failure allows for a story to progress accordingly. Now, the way that this strength and portion of the description is worded - there's no certainty of failure and whomsoever uses this submission will always find their quarry without failure. To me, that's an unacceptable outcome. I would heavily recommend introducing the aspect of failure to this submission, lest you run into troubles down the line.

That potential for failure could even be added to the weaknesses of this submission, as presently - a size restriction and submission restriction aren't enough in my eyes to balance something that's all-seeing and all-knowing.

However, it doesn’t stop there - as the reality is that the universe is also bound by things like the Force. In this, the X-04 instead looks to its relavistic sensors to better determine the space time continuity in a general area - cross referenced with its particle monitoring system, and it can effectively find discrepancies created by the Force; then sends this data through real time uplinks to any friendly synced ships in the area.

Secondly, relativistic sensors - when applied to the Star Wars universe - deal more with hyperspace than they do with the Force as implied by the relativistic shielding. While you may think I'm reaching in connecting the shielding system to an allegedly non-existent sensor system at least according to Wookieepedia - I just wanted to give you my reasoning behind that connection. When it comes to how complicated the nature of hyperspace is with the inclusions of various authors and creative sources, alongside the two iterations made available to us - we do our best to ground ourselves in not only the infinite capabilities offered by the genre of science fiction but the structured boundaries of what's capable in the Star Wars universe as well. So, we use what we know and go from there, lest we fall prey to the rabbit hole of boundless possibilities.

With that being said, I'm uncomfortable putting my seal on any technology that can detect ripples in the Force simply because and for no other reason than kyber crystals were added. As there is no basis aside from their use being documented in the (nu)canon Finalizer from the Force Awakens, I've gone with the determination that their inclusion enhances the ability of whatever technology that they're implanted in - rather than being capable of detecting the Force. While there are methods in which the Force can be detected and measured, the scaling and use in this submission are vastly different from the hyperlinked item - as that Force Detector requires physical contact.

From there, we move into dangerous territory - as Force-based technology, especially on this scale, edges on the realm of Rakatan technology, which as you know, is presently banned by the Factory. While there is no reference of any sort to them within this submission, the ability to detect and accurately predict the actions of your opposition heavily implies otherwise. To that end, I would consider removing any and all notion of Force detection from your submission to avoid any future implications. There are other methods that can be utilized in the Force's stead, such as tachyons, and they might better suit the intent of your submission.

LT-137 LT-137

Adjusted the wording to allow for freedom of interpretation.

Now, on the words of 'force based technology', there are a number of systems that already exist on Chaos that counteract the Force - and the rationale for this one shouldn't make it excluded. For canon references to technology that crosses over with the Force, you can refer to Chapter 31 of the Light of the Jedi for its hyperspace anomaly detection computer, Eternal Rur from the Doctor Aphra comics, Technobeasts, the X-02 that processes things in the Force, and a wide variety of tech on both Chaos and Canon that actively deals with the Force itself without bordering on rakatan technology.

More specifically, this is essentially a fanon version of the hyperspace emergence computer from Light of the Jedi - only made prior to its publishing. Scaled to fit a starship instead of 10k droids in a field, and not made by the son of a farmer. With that being said, I don't believe this is too far out of the realm of possibility that is already established in Star Wars, nor is it close enough to Rakatan Tech (ie Starforge) to really be considered banned.

Does that seem like an alright explanation?

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - As you know, the Factory doesn't base its judgement on precedence. Just because there have been approved submissions in the past doesn't mean that they'll be approved in the future. My judgements are influenced by what's in the submission in front of me and not by the decisions or mass approvals of my colleagues and predecessors.

I know very well that some technologies have some crossover abilities with the Force in some capacity, as I just hyperlinked the Force Detector in my last reply. However, I'm pointing it out in this submission because of this sensor's capabilities, that as previously written, were without flaw and capable of detecting the Force within realspace - within an undetermined range. There was and - is - no mention of this being a hyperspace anomaly detector, let alone a fanon interpretation of one, and as I don't have access to Light of the Jedi - nor are there any sources presently available elsewhere, I can't really accept that as a valid reference.

So, sadly, that isn't an acceptable or alright explanation to me.

Ideally, this submission's capabilities would need to be pared down, or the Force aspect of its detection abilities would need to be replaced with something else. I've already suggested tachyons as an alternative, but ultimately what you decide to go with is up to you - provided it's not the Force. Adding the previously mentioned weaknesses/drawbacks - alongside the determination of its range - would also work in your favour. Since the size and submission restrictions aren't enough to balance what amounts to a combination of a Gemcutter, an all-seeing and all-knowing AI-supported sensor with Force detection capabilities on par with Rakatan technology, and the justification to "power game" the detection of Stealth Craft, in my eyes.

LT-137 LT-137

Taking your lead, I removed its confusing mention of using the Force itself to detect the Force, and instead uses the kyber crystals to augment its ability to sense particles. Be it Tachyons, or whatever science rationale wants to put in, I simply rephrased it to detect micro-anomolies created by the White Current, Force Cloaks, and the like - things normal sensors would not pick up, along with adding the issue of its distance, increasing in fidelity as ships get closer to the sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom