Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Worm Time || CIS Dominion of Quesaya

early-bird.png

Leru Dara Krystal Krystal Aria Nox Aria Nox Rayna Lockley Rayna Lockley

The mines are lovely, dark and deep...

As the brave and perhaps foolish truth seekers began to venture into the mines that lay beneath Quesaya, two things soon became evident. First, the reason that the Quesayan people had been so interested in this old quarry: even now, after presumably some excavation, the walls of the mine remained glittering with bits of precious metals and clear spots where large deposits had been removed. Second, the reason that the Quesayan people had left: after merely a few minutes of walking, Lockley's musings of whether the locals were simply exaggerating were quickly answered as the party came across the dead body of a miner. The body did not seem old, but it was covered in some sort of green goop that seemed to have been corroding away at its clothing and the skin underneath. A splotchy trail of florescent green lead further away, not down either of the man-made passages to the left or right, but rather: straight down. The hole in the ground -- for indeed that was all it seemed to be -- was strangely smooth, as though it had been punctured by some large creature. A pungent smell emerged from it.
broken-wing.png

John Locke John Locke Danielle Mueller Jari Valnora

But I have promises to keep...

"Oh, thank the stars that you folk are here. I don't know what we were going to do -- I don't know -- we just, we never planned for any of this, you know?" The head of the hospital, Ayson Leo, was clearly stressed and rather frantic as he gratefully welcomed the newcomers. "What do we need here? Well, we need about a hundred more beds for one thing, and -- well, thank you for offering." He paused for a second to look the Confederate volunteers over. "I suppose none of you are doctors, but -- here, you must know something about technology, right? According to my nurses, we're overstressing our systems, and our emergency generator is running hot, and--"

He was cut off not by a noise, but by the sudden absence of one.

The hum of the hospital, the ventilators and life support machines running in the background, suddenly ground to a stop: the power had gone out.

"Kark." In the dim glow allowed from the few windows, Leo's eyes obviously widened with a panic. "I -- I have to go -- ventilators -- patients -- they took out our electrician yesterday, I don't know what we're going to do..." He took a deep breath. "The electricity room is that way, but no one's there," he said, pointing down a narrow hallway to their left. He bolted off.
There would be no more time for information.

The ground beneath Vytal, Skylar and Vitaara began to shake, softly at first, then violently, as though preceding an earthquake. But a natural disaster this was not. Out of the ground, a mere 15 meters away from the three figures, erupted a large, slimy creature. It let out an inhuman screech, so low and deep that it sounded not dissimilar to the rumble of the ground itself. Without any pause in its unearthly call, the massive worm shook its head, spraying slime in large goopy globs around it. One particularly large splotch hit a tall tree to the worm's right, withering it away until the once green leaves and strong branches were a brown and sizzling mess. The worm began to move with a speed that should be foreign to a creature of its size:

Directly towards the witch and the Jedi.

early-bird.png

Job Posting: Search & Destroy Giant Worms

"No one hires a Mandalorian if they aren't sure they need one," Aria responded as a matter-of-fact to the new woman that strode up to meet them. "Course, if they had, I'm expecting one worm's worth in credits for my trouble." While she was here, she wasn't taking jobs elsewhere. That's why you don't waste a merc's time.

Aria looked at the two with her before she set off deeper into the mine. The precious metals and minerals were noted because they could be useful in the construction of weapons and armor alike, but they weren't distracting. When survival was on the line, a Mandalorian's attention was fixed on the source of danger and ready to extinguish it. Which is why the sight of a dead corpse was both reassuring and validating. Something was down here. Something slimy and lethal.

A scan of the area might reveal something. Hopefully enough to decide if she should climb down the hole, toss a grenade inside of it, or leave it alone. "Did you bring climbing gear?" she asked of those that'd followed. In case going down after the creature was in the cards, best to know how many of them were coming.

Tag: Leru Dara | Rayna Lockley Rayna Lockley

broken-wing.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: John Locke John Locke | Danielle Mueller | Jari Valnora

Daegon was late, and not because he intended to be. The Bacta mogul was still adjusting to life with Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus as it was for the time being. Her blindness made it difficult for Daegon to carry on the work they both had started. She was still his strength. They were still close, always close, and Sera was still very much apart of his work. Today Daegon would be the face of the company as the goodwill gesture was made, something Seraphina would have usually done, while Seraphina would play Daegon's typical role of navigating the political dynamic which their help always seemed to being about. Every world was different, but there was no one more suited for the task than the Angel of Thyferra herself.​
The Demon was shocked to find the Exarch John Locke John Locke to be present at the facility. It seemed the Confederacy truly did want the world to come under its wing. After his performance on Siskeen, this Exarch was clearly the best chosen for the task of being in a hospital. His face would go further for the goodwill they sought to establish as well as the aid they could bring.​
"I was told this world was in need of Bacta and other medical equipment. My teams are here and ready to assist. Thyferra has not forgotten those who neighbor the Southern Systems."
Daegon stood next to the Exarch as he finished speaking. His suit was likely too much for the work ahead of him, but the Demon would not be seen wearing anything less than his best. If he had to roll up his sleeves later, he would.​
"We have not had the pleasure since Siskeen. I hope you and yours are doing well, Exarch Locke."
It was a statement, not a question. From the moment of Seraphina's accident, Daegon wished those near him well. He did not ever wish his tragedy to become anyone else's.​

broken-wing.png

Wearing: This
Tag: Danielle Mueller | Jari Valnora | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus

s3dDgJ.png

The people cried out for help and the Confederacy answered.

It might have started out slow, a shuttle of supplies here, a shipment of bacta there, aid coming trickling in as the CIS mobilised what supplies they had nearby. It was only a trickle, slipping in as those with the nearest supplies moved them in, grabbing whatever they had on hand to help. It was the first wave, the prelude to what was going to come. The airwaves were already full of it, of reports as the Confederacy woke, across space the mighty dragon cracking open one eye. Waking to call and flexing its muscles. John could almost see them, the string of data converging on this place as convoys of freighters assembled and slid through the cold darkness of space. The inexorable tsunami building up to crash down on them, swamping the planet in much needed aid.

For a planet that had struggled on it's own for so long it would be like a breath of air to a drowning man. It was the room to breathe that they all needed just to be able to take a step back and not have to worry about where their next meal would come from, how they would keep a roof above their children's heads. It was only the beginning of the story, the planet couldn't become dependant on aid, but that was never the plan. John had seen this before on multiple planets, had helped to write the CIS' response to this. First would come the aid, and then would come industry, companies and support for native production. Every opportunity for the planet to find it's feet. More than that, to find their pride.

It was there, if you looked for it. It was present in the eyes of the doctors and medical staff in the hospital, the professionals who would give everything they had to save just one life, wash their hands and do it all again. In the eyes of the citizens who had lost everything, but still found it in themselves to help the child crying on the street, the woman to wracked with grief to think. A million small acts of heroism, of pride just waiting for a spark to light them.

The Confederacy would give them that much, that much and so much more.

"Viceroy Corvinus. Thank you for coming, I didn't expect that after Siskeen...I never got to say how sorry I was. For your wife, for how everything went down. I..."

Deep breath, hold and release. Today wasn't a day for guilt, the everpresent tally of his failures that haunted the man.

"I was happy to hear that your wife was making a recovery. Please, tell her I'm...tell her I hope she recovers quickly."

Breathe and release. Focus on the ones you can help, not the ones who you'd already failed.

"The bacta will come in helpful, if your teams can unload here and set them up, I can have our engineers assist you with anything you need. Just being able to stabilise the most critical patients will be a weight off the minds of the doctors. Between the supplies you brought and those Miss Mueller brought, we should be able to keep the doors open and aid running till the rest of our supplies start to arrive."

Although, knowing his luck it would be a freighter of building supplies that arrived first. Speaking of luck...the lights just had to go out didn't they.

"Ok, lady and gentlemen."

A hand held up, nodding at Daegon, Danielle and Jorik.

"I'm going to do exactly what the good doctor suggested and fix the power. Any of you who wish may accompany me. If you'd rather stay here, there are plenty of wounded who could use your help."

"Were now landing on Quesaya, Captain. A somewhat remote world just outside the boarder of Confederacy space," said Blue as the Alpha Wyvern touched down on the landing dock. "As I understand it, the Confederacy is providing aid and offering membership. After that scare on Nar Shadaa, this may be a chance to find allies rather than enemies."

"I'm not interested in allies, Blue. But if the Confederacy has work for me, I'm happy to take their money and move their goods. Some legit work should keep me inconspicuous for a while." said Zeke as he finished tuning up one his blasters and slid it back in the the holster. The monitor droid he was speaking to floated at his right shoulder as he stood and made his way back toward ship's common area. Another monitor droid, Red, was running some kind of calculation on one of the terminals related to the weapon systems. He always trying to find ways to get more punch out of the blaster cannons, even though what they needed was to be replaced with something military grade rather than the standard defensive models that were equipped. "Maybe if we're lucky I'll make enough to make some serious upgrades to this old girl."

"This ship is only ten years old, she flies like an old girl because you're not happy unless we're doing a job that has us clashing with the Sith Empire," Red chided from the terminal. Zeke picked up a tool from holo-table and chucked it at the droid with deadly accuracy. It clanged loudly off of Red's top right quarter and clattered to the floor without so much as an auditory reaction from the droid. "Must you always resort to violence when I say something you don't want to hear?"

"Must you always be an insufferable little rust bucket?" Zeke spat back as he stepped up to back hatch of the ship, which Red was already lowering for him. Zeke waved his hand at the wall to his left and a secret compartment opened up. A half black, half silver double-blade lightsaber soared from its place of honor inside the compartment and into Zeke's waiting hand. From there he flipped it between his fingers a couple times as he attached it to a magnetic holster at the back of his belt under his coat.

"Are you expecting Force Users, Zeke?" asked Blue as the back hatch touched to the landing dock.

"Not really, but after Nar Shadaa I want to be more prepared. You two stay with the ship, I'm going to see if anyone here will hire us." Zeke replied as he descended to the dock and made toward the spaceport, hoping he could get something decent to eat before he went looking for anyone high up enough in the Confederacy to get some decent work. Nothing that was offered inside the spaceport looked appetizing, so he made his way to what was easily one of the nicest cantinas he'd ever set foot in. He walked up to the bar inside, tossed down enough credits for a meal and drink and looked at the barkeep. "I'm looking for work. Any idea who I speak to in the CIS about that?"

Vitaara Oduro

V
KbNSEVQ.png

Tag(s): Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Open

w5YBtHU.png

Something was amiss here. It was too still. Too quiet. The uneasy silence almost deafening. Yet that somber overture would prove merely temporary as the ground rumbled and quaked beneath them. Tremors reverberating in all directions, threatening the stability of the ground in which the trio stood. The rattle of metal and stone coursed through the air and panes of glass screamed out, pleading with whatever might they could muster not to wither and break. Not to collapse and litter their very surroundings.

It was a lot to take in all at once, even for a Jedi as seasoned as she believed herself to be. And before she could truly comprehend the gravity of the situation, a behemoth of a creature erupted forth from the ground. It was like a tentacle, oozing some sort of slime and nefarious in every inch of its appearance.

Vitaara stiffened a moment before instinct and training took over. Flooding her sense, she felt the integrity of the buildings shift and falter that surrounded their location. The ground jutting this way and that, offering them little to no solid footing as the enraged beast continued to climb in stature. But beyond all that chaos and insanity, Vitaara knew here mission has moved beyond just a simple day of training with her young apprentice. The humanitarian aid the two had come to offer to a desperate people would simply have to wave. And her attention would now be directed to the protection and defense of Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar amid attempting to quell the threat before them.

Her gaze momentarily shifted to the woman in red, gauging here intentions in whatever way she could could manage while her attention continued to be split between the monstrous worm and her own apprentice.

"Skylar," she began, "it is imperative you remain calm. Center yourself in the Force and be ready to retreat if, and when, I instruct you to."

Then her voice directed to Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura . "If you have anyone you can call on, now would be a good time for that." Vitaara was aware she had just reached to someone but a few moments ago, but still, she felt the need to iterate her advice. "We must quell this creature else risk it destroy the city as we see it now."

An hand reached to either hip and unclipped the hilt of a lightsaber along each. As the weapons activated, white blades extended and she prepared for the worst.

KbNSEVQ.png
Wearing: Jedi garb
Weapon(s): lightsaber
Tag: Vitaara Oduro, Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , open

LFxal4M.png
Skylar didn’t feel it at first, but then slowly and softly at first, the ground began to rumble until it felt as if it might open up beneath her. Instead of the earth giving away beneath her a giant worm rose up in front of her. The large fleshy creature appeared to have no eyes on it’s head, and roared with its quadro-mandible mouth before charging at them. There was less than a minute for the trio to react to the large beast as it quickly slid across the ground toward them.

The sight of the giant worm offset her at first but the worry she felt from the sight ebbed when Vitaara instructed her to be calm, and center herself. But her instincts told her now was not the time for meditation, whether she was right or wrong Skylar felt like the only way to stop this violence was to hit it head on with violence. She had no idea how they were going to take down this beast, but the creature couldn’t be invulnerable to a lightsaber now, could it?

As Vitaara talked to the Red Woman Skylar started a dead sprint toward the on-coming worm, grabbing the lightsaber from her belt and pressing the ignition switch. The cyan blade sprang to life and trailed behind her as she ran headlong at the beast. She didn’t know what she was doing, she had no grand plan, she just figured chopping and hacking at the creature would be her best bet to bring it down.

She didn’t have far to run as the distance between her and her foe was a short one to begin with. The split second she had before she would have been hit by the large fleshy being Skylar jumped to try and gain a perch on its large body, but she misjudged her and the creature’s speed and vaulted herself too far with the aid of the Force.

“Too far! Too far!” was all she could say to herself as she completed a Force-aided flip over the worm’s massive body. After landing she spun around to see the tail of the worm leave the ground from where it had risen.

LFxal4M.png

KbNSEVQ.png
Tag: Vitaara Oduro | Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar

With a calm shuttering of the eyes, the Nightmother turned about as the ground trembled. Her green eyes were unveiled as the worm shot out of the ground to make itself known to those that hunted it -- and more importantly, its prey. So it would seem the slime was 'dangerous' as the young woman had said. Acid was rarely a welcome trait in any living species, but always an evolutionary marvel.

The Jedi leader instructed her student to remain calm, as was expected of the Jedi. Fear, anger, hate, destruction. Vytal knew the largest nuances of their Code and their methods. Vytal was far from a scholar on them, but enough to understand way 'calm' was so imperative in their training. They emphasized it a bit much for a Nightsister's tastes, however. Discipline, control, and -- yes -- calm were important in battle, but as they soon saw... Skylar's version of calm involved calmly leaping over the giant worm.

A tap on her gauntlet sent a signal to the rest the worm had been spotted at her position; a pre-programmed indicator when a surprise encounter like this one emerged. Vitaara was a sharp one not to want to tackle such a beast alone if reinforcements were near.

"You have taught her elemental protection?" The pale Witch did not wait for a response, leaving the question more of an unfinished statement of hope. Her hands splayed out to either side before they swept inward and began weaving an invisible tapestry of spiritual/Force energy. Seconds later Vytal's upper body turned to the side as both hands were drawn back. Between her cupped palms a spark of blue energy began to swirl.

With an exhale, the Nightmother took a step forward and thrust both hands out toward the worm. A gale of bitter cold winds shot across the distance toward the worm leaving a trail of crystalized ice on the ground and over whatever surface it came into contact with.

early-bird.png

TAG: Aria Nox Aria Nox Leru Dara | Open​
Rayna watched for a moment as Aria moved away from the dead body and her and the other fellow. She waited just a moment before she sighed and decided to follow Aira and shook her head when she asked about climbing gear "Climbing isn't really what I do, however depending on how deep it is, I could probably free climb it." she knelt down and looked into the opening as she pulled the optics that were currently resting on her head down and peered into the hole, she laid a gloved hand over an interior wall and shook her head as she looked at it.​
"This was bored out, but not by a machine. There are no marks from a bore or any sort of tool the walls are perfectly smooth it would be near impossible to climb without proper gear. Whatever made this would have to be organic, moving through rock like about as easily as we can move through water id surmise" she shrugged and stood up before turning to look at Aria "Id say collapse the tunnel but if they bore through rock as easily as it looks, that archives nothing. The best guess is we go to the deepest part of the mine and look for a hive or something"

bunibar.png

KbNSEVQ.png
Wearing: Jedi garb
Weapon(s): lightsaber
Tag: Vitaara Oduro, Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , open

LFxal4M.png
Seconds after Skylar made her landing on the other side of the immediate threat the air temperature started to drop rapidly. She couldn’t see her master or the Red Lady due to the worm’s mass blocking her view, but she knew that one of them had to be the reason for this sudden change in temperature. The padawan watched as ice crystals began forming along the ground, “That. Can’t be good.” she said as she quickly looked about herself.

She couldn’t run fast enough, not with the cold starting to affect her limbs. She had never been to a planet with a cold climate, and in this small instance she knew she would never be a fan of the cold. Her body began shivering from the drastic lack of warmth, the only thing she could think of to do to get out of the situation she was in was do the same thing that got her into this mess: jump.

Her legs felt stiff as she crouched low and reached out to the Force for aid once again. The first jump had been so easy, almost second nature, but this one she had to concentrate on willing herself skyward. Skylar could see the vapors leave her mouth as she breathed, she took one last deep breath before launching herself about twenty five feet in the air. The warmth she felt was a welcome gift, but it was then that she realized her new dilemma: she was going to fall right back to where she had started from, and it was going to be cold again.

Skylar looked down at Vitaara from her vantage point with wide worried eyes, “Master, I screwed up. And I don’t know what to do. Please help me!” was all she could think at the apex of her jump before she started her earthbound fall. She could land safely, but the temperature at the landing spot was not going to be suitable for a padawan wearing standard Jedi robes.

LFxal4M.png

As fast as it had begun its approach towards the three figures, the worm stopped at it felt -- not saw, for the creature had no eyes -- a small presence vault across its head. Twisting its long body towards Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar , the worm had no sooner twisted to face her than she began to move again, right back over its head. The worm let out a long and angry screech of frustration, and moved to send a vicious tail flick towards the two figures that remained on it's other side. Its massive tail knocked over tree after tree as it approached Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura and Vitaara Oduro at a blinding speed, until all of a sudden its breakneck pace began to slow. The worm's tail, instead of moving at the speed of a whip, had now slowed to a pace significantly slower -- still quite lethal but far more dodgeable. It let out another earth-shattering scream, before giving up on locating the presence above its head and redirecting its focus to the source of this godforsaken cold. A thin layer of ice had now begun to form around the worms slimy exterior.

The worm, its head and abdomen now near the ground, lifted the tip of its tail above its head like a scorpion preparing to strike. Instead of flicking it at the figures as it was previously, however, it aimed not for them but for a rocky outcropping around 50 feet to Vytal's left. The worm's slower movement speed did not prevent it from gaining enough momentum to achieve its goal: as its tail smashed into the outcropping, the layer of green-tinged ice around it shattered in every direction, accompanied by a spurt of freezing, previously trapped green slime.

It opened its mouth and let out a higher pitched hissing noise, revealing a set of thousands of tiny, razor sharp teeth. Its noise was so high-pitched it was barely able to be registered by a human ear. It sounded less like a threat, and more like a call.

early-bird.png

Aria's helmet pivoted to the side and back toward Rayna as they stood there. Wouldn't be wise to ferry them down below on her grapple line. Second something went wrong only Aria was getting out. Now, maybe that wasn't a problem per se -- didn't even know this woman -- but it was an unnecessary complication. Plus, if something did manage to eat its way through rock like that... Really didn't want to drop in on it on its terms. Not until they knew more about the creature. Make sure it wasn't impervious to blasters.

"Alright. Let's keep looking for an easier way down. Watch for tremors and sounds of digging; might be the only thing we sense before they appear."

After a short while, the Mandalorian looked over at those with her. "Name's Aria. Yours?" Might as well know what to call one another instead of 'you with the cloak.' "Look like you're able to handle yourselves." Not that she felt like chatting like they were in a diner not surrounded by rock-eatening, lethal creatures.

"We don't know a lot about these creatures, so hit them with whatever you have. Overkill is the best kind of kill -- you live to complain about the credits later." Until they knew what it took to bring these things down, Aria didn't want whoever was in back to try shooting them with a pea shooter, worried about their ammunition count. Kill the buggers so the rest of them had a way to get out of there if an entire swarm showed up.

Tag: Leru Dara | Rayna Lockley Rayna Lockley

Objective: Worm Food
Tags: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar Vitaara Oduro

Before the barkeep, who Zeke now saw was looking with a great deal of concern at the holo that was playing a local news report, could answer, a piercing shriek and a series of Force tremors caught his attention. Then he paid closer attention to the news holo and saw where he could find some members of the Confederacy...and a little action as well. He keyed a device on his belt just as the report stated that the worm currently being battled with by three Confederacy Jedi was closer to this cantina than anyone inside had yet realized. Patrons began scrambling to get out, pushing past Zeke as he calmly made his own way to the door. He wasn't nearly as frightened as the rest of them, but the fear was palpable enough that it stoked the fire of the Dark Side within him. Lightening crackled around his left hand as he stepped through the door and turned in the direction of the nearby conflict. Red and Blue were at his shoulders moments later, responding to the signal he sent from inside the cantina.

"Walking into danger again, I see, Captain." said Blue as he bobbed idly over Zeke's right shoulder. "How may we be of assistance?"

"Blue, I want you to have the Wyvern's med bay prepped and ready, for me, or for anyone else I that may need immediate attention. Red, I need you to take these and provide a little ranged back-up." said Zeke as he drew his blasters and attached them to a pair of receptacles in either side of the little monitor droid. "Once the med bay is prepped have the ship ready for take-off at a moment's notice. Red, if you see anyone but that worm go down, call for Blue and get them out, otherwise don't stop shooting until the worm is dead."

"And if the Jedi have taken it down before we arrive?" asked Red, his attention focused on locking in the blaster pistols to his chassis.

"They won't, we're here," said Zeke as they looked down upon the street below where three young women wielding lightsabers were clashing with what looked like a lightly armored maggot that was big enough to eat a speeder whole. Zeke observed the copious amounts of green sludge that seemed to be leaving acid erosion where ever it touched. "Stay up here, Red. You get hit with that goo and there'll be nothing left to drag back to the ship. Blue, get a move on."

The droid at his right took off like a shot, while the one on his left open several sensor panels and began flying with far more tactical and precise movements. Zeke charged lightning in his left hand and aimed for one the softer looking spots on the worm's body, hoping to distract the beast enough to give the Jedi who were already fighting it a much needed opening for attack. "Hopefully they don't decide to come after me because I'm utilizing the Dark Side right now."

broken-wing.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: John Locke John Locke | Danielle Mueller | Jari Valnora | Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus

Daegon nodded, a silent acceptance of the sympathy which the exarch offered. Normally Daegon would protest, suggesting that sympathy was for the weak, yet for some reason, from the cyborg, the Demon allowed it. He was overdressed for actual labor, the wealthy mogul never dressing below his status, but he knew that he would likely need to roll his sleeves up at some point. For now, his attention was with John Locke John Locke , and answering the man's kindness.​
"You are too kind, but do not fool yourself into taking any sort of responsibility for her injury. It was Alwine Daye who pulled the trigger which brought about the catastrophe. We all have our sins to answer for, but Siskeen, the events which transpired, are not among them."
The Demon of Thyferra offered another nod as he motioned for his crews to begin unloading the supplies. Pointing to the others (Danielle Mueller and Jari Valnora) Daegon gave the orders.​
"Whatever help they need you will help them. Also whatever supplies the good doctor needs, be sure he gets them, and a thirty percent contingency."
It was a generous gift to the facility, but they were in need of it. Both the medical teams and the CIS needed this relationship to work, and Daegon was not above using his bacta monopoly to purchase loyalty. It was true he controlled a commodity which made him a powerful man within the Southern Systems. Some would argue only the Vicelord held more power than he. The thought often brought a smile to the Demon's face, not that his eyes were set on controlling more than what he commanded, though perhaps one day he would.​
"Mr. Locke, I believe I shall accompany you, unless of course The Angel of Thyferra finds her pity for the plight of the people here beyond her ability to remain on the ship. We have still found a way to function as we do best, as one."

KbNSEVQ.png

[OBJECTIVE == WORM FOOD]
[DIRECT TAGS == Starcaster Starcaster ]
[POST == 01]

Violet let out a soft swear under her breath as the table on which she was working began to rattle. The nicest cantine in Quesaya, she thought, and they can't even manage to have four even table legs. She had been coordinating some aspects of the Confederate response to this threat -- those damn Mandelorian mercenaries charge astronomically, but their services were always worth it.

The rattling began to quiet down finally, and a newcomer entered the bar. He certainly didn't look like one of the Quesayan locals, but Violet, who prided herself on her ability to nearly photographically remember faces, didn't recognize him as a Confederate, either. Her answer quickly presented itself when he asked the barkeep for a Confederate: he was another mercenary.

Now, Violet wasn't one to just hire anyone who was out and about in the universe looking for work. She did have some Confederate standards to uphold (and superiors to answer to). But something about this newcomer looked... promising.

That, and the rattling that came again with force betrayed an enemy she was having a sinking feeling that they were not prepared to fight.

The barkeep, a cheap droid who obviously wasn't programmed to do anything but direct food and beverage orders, didn't respond to him, and eventually the man walked out of the cantine -- presumably to investigate the source of the rattling first and then charge later.

Violet decided to follow him. After all, she was certainly getting nothing done in here.

---

As Violet saw the young man prepare to fight, she finally figured out what had been bugging her -- he was a darksider. Having grown up with no exposure to the force, she was still struggling to recognize it in herself and others -- but hey, she was getting a little better.

Violet had also not realized how big these worms were -- this one dwarfed the Silver Jedi and the Nightmother standing before it.

It seemed her choice had been made for her.

"Captain Darksider, this is Violet Kianar, Viceroy of Triffis and CIS Interim Head of Emergency Coordination. We recognize your valiant presence on this planet and appreciate your skilled efforts. Please give me your name or call sign and I will tell you what we know about this threat. Be assured that you will be rewarded generously for your efforts. Over and standing by."

KbNSEVQ.png

Tag:
Vitaara Oduro | Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar | Eternal Artistry Eternal Artistry | Anakwor Farlorn Anakwor Farlorn | Starcaster Starcaster | Violet Kianar Violet Kianar

Vytal hissed as the worm's tail swept toward them. "The shadow, Nama," the Witch cried as her hand arched in the air before her as though sweeping a cloak about her. Her appearance all but faded from view in the short time left to them. If the Jedi's padawan could leap into the air, her Master was certainly able to avoid such a head-on assault under her own power.

As she faded back into full view in the same spot she'd vacated, Vytal beseeched another spirit, "Icachi, the earth breaks and the air is unmoved." With a flurry of her hands, the pale woman conjured a funnel of air to draw down fromt he heavens to catch as much of the released green slug as possible to channel it down to a single spot on the ground. It was enough to protect herself, but to ensure the corrosive substance didn't get on any houses nearby -- in case someone hadn't heeded the instruction to flee. Likely there would be too much to catch it all, and even the Nightmother was forced to dance aside to avoid a blob that would have struck her.

If the giant worm had issued a call, the pale Witch worried about containing the situation. "Sisters, Brothers, we need you." Vytal had opened the Confederate channel, "a worm has been spotted, and others may soon follow. Position yourselves in the area surrounding my position swiftly and be prepared to strike." Whatever was coming, this seemed to be where they would make the town's stand.

early-bird.png

As they ventured deeper into the mine, Aria paused now and again to check sensors and tactile perception for signs of hostile lifeforms in the area. It was impossible to say given their limited knowledge if footsteps gave them away, if the loud bang of mining equipment had drawn them to the miners, or if it had been just breaching a certain part of the mine followed by random feeding patterns... Whatever the truth was, she wasn't taking chances.

After descending into the planet's crust, they came upon a smooth passageway similar to the first they'd seen; only this one was not a vertical drop. Was this the first? Would be difficult to tell given how well formed the tunnel was. Nevertheless, it was one those with her could scale without equipment. "From here we enter the enemy's territory. Be as quiet as possible." Perhaps it was unnecessary to say that, but then Aria hardly knew her companions.

Slowly, the Mandalorian bent over and stepped over the threshold and began to make her way into uncharted lands. One calm breath after another helped remain ready and still her body for combat. Laborious breathing wouldn't only give them away, but set the body on overdrive. There was enough adrenaline in her system already to remain alert. There was no need to be undisciplined and amped up so her hands shook too.

A minute later the tunnel seemed to empty into a large chamber. Aria slowed until she neared the opening where she stopped. Cautiously, weapon in hand, she looked to either side and above the opening for immediate signs of danger. When no worms appeared present she took a step forward and again checked her corners as more of the chamber swept into view.

Only when it became clear they weren't in danger of being swallowed whole did the Mandalorian step out and straighten up. She waved the rest inside to join her to witness the spectacle before them. Why else would a creature suddenly lash out after going unnoticed after all this time? What more would you expect from a build-sized creature? An even greater threat.

Tag: Leru Dara | Rayna Lockley Rayna Lockley | Eternal Artistry Eternal Artistry

Objective: Worm Food
Tags: Vitaara Oduro Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura Violet Kianar Violet Kianar

His Force lightning missed it's mark, but happily only stuck the struck ground near the great grub, rather than striking one of the Jedi and marking him as an enemy. His comm link had beeped and distracted him from his target. He keyed the device on his belt that called Red and Blue to him and then drew his comm from his belt. The holo of a surprisingly young looking woman, at least he though she looked young for the list of titles she rattled off, appeared over the device. The way she spoke, he must have just missed her in the cantina.

"My name is Captain Zeke Starcaster, my ship is the Alpha Wyvern, and I'm no Darksider...I just know a few of their tricks." he replied as the comm switched to live communication. "How can my ship and I be of service, Viceroy?"

broken-wing.png

Wearing: This
Tag: Danielle Mueller | Jari Valnora | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus

s3dDgJ.png

The Viceroy’s words were kind, more than John deserved but there was one truth, one inescapable truth that couldn’t be hidden from, couldn’t be avoided. Heavy the head that wears the crown. John had been in charge that fateful day and no matter what words, what comforting phrases might be uttered the ultimate responsibility was his. It had been his job to get the job done and to bring everyone back safely. He’d failed on both counts. Despite their best efforts the panic on Siskeen had been too much and for a time the world had gone dark before returning to the Confederacy’s embrace.

It was another failure in what seemed like a long list of them going all the way back to that first failing in the factory back on Corellia. In some ways, he’d never really emerged from the fire and smoke, in many ways John Locke had died beneath the crush of metal girders and what had been pulled from the wreckage had been someone else. He’d left many of his dreams behind in that fire, had pushed for the company to grow faster and faster, always aiming for the stars and when he got there, there was always the next star over. He had to be in a position to prevent a tragedy like that from ever occurring again. Not just to his employees but to anyone who was connected to the company. John had taken on a contract to produce parts for a larger company, it had been a mistake he’d been trying to make up forever since. A single bad component had caused the destruction of the facility, trapping people who looked to him in there.

He’d known what had happened the moment he’d arrived, had seen the flames and heard the fire chief. It’s why he’d rushed into the flames, he couldn’t stop till he’d gotten everyone out. He’d failed that day. The monster that had emerged from the flames had determined that he needed to be bigger, more powerful. So he never needed to put anyone who looked up to him into such a position again. Locke and Key had grown, had expanded to the point where he no longer had to take contracts from others, that he didn’t need to pass them on to others. He could protect them…only the universe seemed determined to point out that he couldn’t protect everyone. Time after time, he’d tried only to fail, to watch helplessly as those he’d tried to help, those he was responsible found themselves suffering because of his failures.

And yet, he couldn’t not try, couldn’t help but reach out trying to hold back to tide with both hands, watching the sands trickling through his fingers. Time after time, situation after situation he found himself standing before the dark, trying to hold it back…time after time he found himself failing.

“Your company would be most welcome Viceroy Corvinus.”

Dark eyes swept over to their other companions, a small smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes tugging up his lips.

“If the two of you would rather wait here and help with the wounded I understand. You should have additional medics and supplies arriving shortly and we’ll need someone to co-ordinate them and direct them to where they're needed the most."

Danielle Mueller

D
broken-wing.png

Wearing: Knights Obsidian Leathers
Tag: John Locke John Locke , Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus & Jari Valnora

Danielle had been too busy trying to help the surgeon with his patient to overhear or even notice the arrival of Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus and the conversation he shared with John Locke John Locke ; It wasn't out of any purposeful rudeness, but rather she was busied with the re-bandaging of the patient before they had come out of sedation. The means of her assistance were base-line at best, by no means an expert like the Doctor whom had finished cleaning out the man's wounds, yet even the most menial tasks could prove to give the experts time to prioritize other more urgent matters.

Further medical supplies were coming in, causing Dani to look back over her shoulder towards the entrance and giving a heartfelt sigh in relief for the sake of the injured laid about the ward. She didn't move to help, as the floor needed cleaning below the bed, and she needed to wait for the nurses to come and cart the man back to his designated room; If you could call a curtained off section of the ward, a room.

As she began to mop up the blood from the floors however, her mind moved to that of Adron Malvern Adron Malvern and she couldn't help but wonder if he had ever been in such a position where he would be responsible for these sorts of lowly tasks. Since she had come to meet him and begin working under the man, he had projected an image of professionalism and higher class societal standing. It made it difficult to imagine the Exarch being in a position of cleaning another persons blood off of a public hospital floor such as she was.

None the less, she had come to help and voluntarily thrown herself in amongst it all. Dee wasn't the squirmish type, she'd seen military action before and knew what it was to try to take care of someone having suffered from slugshot wounds, triage and all. Being here was just one way of trying to do what she could for the sake of the people, and showing them that the Confederacy would do whatever it took to help support their needs. Even mopping the bloodied floors like an orderly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom