Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG World Building

Sola Wessiri

S
Hey everyone,

While working on a new character concept, I came across a fantastic world in canon called Weik. There's so much story potential that I'd love to expand on, just as I did for Commenor. The wiki article provided a great starting point. I expanded it a little more in Sola's bio.

So what am I looking for? Writers of course! Paladins, Lucites, foreign visitors wanting to bring technology and business, or others attracted to the Force Nexus that the planet is. And if someone is willing to write Varlo (main evil cult leader Darksider) then all the better!

I plan on focusing the first bit of threads solely on Weik, with expansion to other worlds later on. Who doesn't love a fish outta water story involving a big hunt, right?

I've already got an opening thread in mind to start things off with a bang. That'll get written up this week. Just looking to see whether or not this will be a solo undertaking first.

Thanks for your time :)

I legit jut accidentally deleted all of what I was gonna say.

I'll try and sum up.
I can make a Lucite if need be as an antagonist. Or use one of my pre-existing characters. I like to help stories get going, and I do have an antagonist who could be used. Or use his underlings.

I have two established characters who could come:

Aesro: If he comes, it's likely a crash landing that results in amnesia. This would let me rebuild the character. Potentially, this could let me make him a paladin and join in the culture. He's more prone to emotion than most, but he's extremely devoted (hardy and trustworthy may be a better wording?) and that's something that I think will stick with him. He's not nearly as educated as some characters as he spent most of his life as a slave. He's good at melee combat, and learned a few force tricks, as well as a few languages (verbally), but otherwise is very lacking. He did display some knack for negotiations, but it stresses him out.

Shavara Shavara : Probably a temporary thing. She's a biologist and an alchemist. Very good at both. History, culture, and species, is something I made up, so it's hard to explain shortly. She's a very kind person though and is very strong in the force (just not good at a lot of intricacies). She could come by accident to this place and end up wanting to help. But her help would be temporary and she'd have to leave soon as she does believe she has a duty to her own planet.

If I make a character:

Think a mix between an elementalist and a jedi consular. He'd have a lot of interest in healing, awareness, and life in general. And prefer simplicity and forthrightness about pretty much everything. He'd not necessarily be good with technology, but appreciate the skill it takes for others to make and use them. He may wield a "sunfire sword" assuming any are still functioning. I know it's basically just lightsabers. But they get old. And the wiki seems to say they aren't making any more.

This guy would be very different in application to Aesro. Aesro is absolutely ok with straight physical action, this guy might prefer to save that for last. He also probably prefers study to manual labor, whereas Aesro would be very used to repetitive labor and practice.

Sola Wessiri

S
Salis Salis

Hate losing stuff! Fortunately this site kinda maintains the history of posts being worked on. At least on mobile it does. So I lose stuff less now :)

Always love writing with you! Glad you're wanting to work with me on this :)

My gut says that Aesro crash landing would be a great start. That'd work well for my intro thread. Your healer/consular concept works well too and he'd be a great fit and balance to Sola's focus on combat.

Sola Wessiri

Yeah, better than some other sites on that matter at least.

Anyway, good to hear! I can do either Aesro or the healer (probably named Vastar as that's the name I put over the pinterest board I use for his look). It is a bit difficult to do both presently. So if you have a preference, I can absolutely go with whichever works better. Aesro has some previous writing I've already done, but given the amnesia he'll go through, it'd kind of cancel out. Difference is that if you want me to do Vastar, it'll take me a bit to set up. If I do Aesro I can basically start right away, just age Aesro up a year or three and get going.

Sola Wessiri

S
Salis Salis

No huge rush at the moment. The first thread will go up in the next couple of days. Vastar can always be introduced a little later. Instead he can merely be mentioned for a bit of foreshadowing later on.

We'll see if anyone else wants to join in as well. Looking for at least one more writer :) But that could come in time as well.

Ravenous

R
6462e6ba0109eac9f2a11aed4a1245cf.gif

I'm In. I figured Ravenous would be one of those foreign businessmen you mentioned who would seek to exploit Weik for its naive people and untapped resources. But behind the scenes, 'd really be homing in on the source of that Force Nexus and why it exists.

Sola Wessiri | Salis Salis

Sola Wessiri

S
Ravenous - Sounds perfect!

Mila Uhlesifa Mila Uhlesifa - Yes this is still up! Less than 12 hours old...lol You're in for Varlo ;) PM me for any questions and behind-the-scenes details :)

Mliss Roo Mliss Roo - Yes please :) Perhaps our cult leader will need a hand? Or be the leader of the capital city to welcome foreign business? Just throwing a couple of ideas out there while I get ready for work. I don't know of your characters, so I'm just winging it ;)

Sola Wessiri

S
I am almost done work. But I have to record a commercial audition first as soon as I get in the door. Then I'll get a thread started :)

Sola Wessiri

S
First thread is up! Feel free to jump in. It's open so others can jump in too. As more characters are worked on and fleshed out, other threads will follow.

Aesro

A
Sola Wessiri Looks good! I didn't think of it earlier, but should I have Aesro have fallen before and woken up on his own. Or should one of the characters or NPC's find him or something, and have the crash occur whenever I post as opposed to say a day earlier?

Sola Wessiri

S
Aesro - You can have the crash happen a day or so earlier. Then shift it to present day later. Given his sudden appearance, he could be held suspect until his innocence is proven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom