Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Work to Do

joan-hagg-swbfii-joanhagg-05.jpg

Settlement of Chendrr, Kashyyyk, Kashyyyk

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Bugs chirped nearby, and a flock of birds squawked flying overhead. Minerva paid it no mind as she carried a tannish sack of Maru feed over her shoulders. She was wearing her usual gear minus the helmet that was attached to the left hip. The jungle heat was familiar and didn't slow her down as it did during her childhood trips here.

Subsequently she heard Wookiee children squeaking and grunting as they chased each other nearby. Minerva paused to watch dozens of them run past her. One however, a little girl tripped face first to the ground. The warrior dropped in an instant and headed over to help her up. But upon seeing Minerva's approach the child's eyes widened in terror as she cried out and sprang up, fleeing from the Mandalorian.

Taken off guard she froze before biting her lower lip and sighed.

How many nightmares has that poor girl suffered since that wretched day? How many loved ones she lost? All because of beings wearing armor like…mine.

To get it off her mind Minerva picked up the sack once more with some effort and walked toward the destination. Yards away was a large pen for Maru lizards that the people of this world ride on. She can hear shouts, cheers and taunts in Basic and roars in Shyriiwook amongst the crowd surrounding the wooden fence. Besides the Wookiees were members of her company enjoying themselves amongst their hosts. They were watching the new recruit try to ride the mounts without falling off.

Most were not successful as some cried out or cursed as they were thrown to the ground. One a red haired city boy from Coruscant shrieked for help as he was chased by his Maru before climbing and falling off the other side of the fence. His companions laughed at his expense. Shaking her head Minerva headed over the stables east of the pen. Throwing it next to a roll of other bags she wiped her brow with one arm.

Behind her a familiar roar in from behind greeted her in Shyriiwook.

[That's enough work for now Minerva. You should take a break.]

Turning around she saw it was indeed Rhust with his arms folded over the chest. As expected of his species he towered over her. Despite his intimidating stature was a grandfather's warmath to his eyes and concern. Remembering earlier Minerva objected.

"There are more chores that can be done. Don't wait on me."

Rhust raised an eyebrow and titled his head before giving a disapproving expression.

"What?" Minerva said with a little more heat than intended.

[You're trying too hard again I can tell. There's no need to prove anything to me.]

Minerva looked away to the side. Sometimes the old Wookiee's insight can be inconvenient. Looking back at him she stubbornly insisted.

"Rhust I'm not a kid anymore. I can't just sit by and relax while there's things to be done."

The haired covered giant obviously didn't believe that part but before they could argue his commlink and Minerva's beeped. Each took theirs out and listened.

"Yes?" Minerva asked before Irni, her main sniper and scout, answered.

"Boss we got a ship coming in, heading for the landing pads."

[They're Jedi and their recognition code matches.] Rhust added the receiving word from one of the port operators.

Jedi here?

Probably something force related or mercy mission efforts she concluded. To Irni she ordered.

"Keep watch lieutenant, let us know if there is anything else to report. Your team will get lunch soon."

"Sounds great to me, Cap. You are going to be there as well roger out."

Minerva didn't answer before turning off the commlink. Rhust looked at her and nodded.

[You're learning to carry a chieftain's shoulders well. Come let's go greet our guests.]

The Mandalorian quickly shoot down that idea.

"It would be best that you do that, Chief Rhust. I need to check the perimeter again."

Before the Wookiee could argue the matter Minerva walked away from the stables and jettisoned off the ground via jetpack heading for the forest. Rhust's eyes lowered in sadness and growled.

[Jorel you have one stubborn daughter there.]

Subsequently he told the operators to greet the new arrivals and see to their needs. He'll be there shortly.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Reports say there's no Mandalorians currently on Kashyyyk, so we're here to help with repairs."

For more reason than one. Shan had already expressed a desire to help people versus fighting, so it made sense to bring him here. But the main reason? Kashyyyk was his home after he'd fled the Sith. It was the Silver jedi who gave him a chance to become one. It was the first real home he had. And the Wookies were as much a reason for that as the Jedi of the temple. Where some of the Jedi viewed him with suspicion, none of the Wookies had.

It angered him to know what happened. More so that he couldn't get here to help. But he'd settled down that emotion some time ago.

"Just stay close, anyway. The wilds of Kashyyyk are a danger all on their own."

He flashed a brief smile to his Padawan as the shuttle landed before he stepped of to lead the way down.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

"Of course Master. I'll do my best to help out. Though I may need a translator...I can't understand shyriiwook."

That was one of the things that bothered Shan. He was always wanting to try and talk to people but he wasn't too knowledgeable in other languages. The idea of meeting Wookies also intrigued the Mirialan. He couldn't recall any that he had actually spoken to but if he was able to help out the species, then Shan could feel better about himself. He needed something to cheer himself up after recent events back on Nar Shaddaa. He had kept the information to himself for now, having tried to focus on his training instead. But now that he could help add some more good to the Galaxy, it was something that would be a good boost for his own morale.

"You don't need to worry about me underestimating the dangers, Master." Shan broke out into a small smile at that, before preparing to follow Kahlil straight off the shuttle and taking his first steps onto Kashyyyk

Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Soon enough the Jedi pair were greeted by almost a dozen Wookiee, mostly younger ones. A few started and whispered among themselves until an old grayish female slapped one on the back of his head. The one hit whine in their dialect before the elder rebuked him and fellows to get back to work with fortifying the platforms. Following the brutal raid Kashyyyk's defenses were weakened, leaving their world more vulnerable to further attacks by other hostile powers.

Once the youth went back to getting planks or grabbing their tools to get back to work the matron saw her chief Rhust approach. Sharing a nod they headed over to greet the Jedi. Stopping at a certain distance he gave both of them a look over before he roared in greeting.

[Welcome guardians to Chendrr. I'm Rhust chieftain of Strongfist Clan.]

Gesturing to the matron, he said. [This is my—

Knocking his arm away the old female growled in annoyance. [I can speak for myself, nephew!] Turning to the visitors she added.

[I'm Dhraallo head operator of this port and aunt to him. You two look hungry. I'll prepare food soon especially for you. Need more meat to those bones of yours.]

The elder lady pointed at Shan at the end of her statement. Rhust chuckling before getting back to the business at hand.

[What are your names and why have you come?]

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Perhaps he could. He is still in training, though."

Kahlil chuckled a little, glancing down to Shan for just a moment before dipping his head towards the Elder. "Kahlil Noble, though I suppose I would've been known as Kahlil Zambrano here. Jedi Master now. This is my Padawan." Who he'd let speak for himself. Instead Kahlil lifted his gaze to look around, his calm smile fading just a little.

"We're here to help rebuild. Heal, in the case of my Padawan. The Wookies of the Leanbough clan treated me as a friend when I was a Padawan here, I'm long overdue with offering a hand in turn."

Shan blinked in confusion at the wookie's roars, listening to Kahlil speak afterwards. Trying to take context clues to what his master was saying...Something about training, and then he introduced himself. So Shan decided it would be best to introduce himself to them as well as he brushed his robes down carefully before looking at Rhust and Dhraallo

"I am Shan Pavond. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope that I will be able to help to heal the physical wounds from the attack. Healing is one of my better skills. I am no Master at it, but I will make sure to try my best for you. Though I would also like to kindly request that if you need to say anything to me, if you could speak to my Master first. I'm not...knowledgeable in shyriiwook"

The Padawan took a quick bow towards the wookies, trying to be as respectful as he could before standing up straight. The idea of being able to heal those hurt was something that Shan was actively looking forward to. It helped that he had his lightsaber on hand as well, and could use the crystal to help him in his healing endeavours.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Rhust threw his head back and bellowed out laughter.

[Leanbough clan that makes sense. They interacted more with your Order than us. They know how to throw great feasts too.]

Rolling her eyes, Dhraallo nonetheless smiled. [I recall them speaking fondly of you Zambrano often during Life Day celebrations we share together. Any friend of theirs is ours as well.]

Clearing his throat to take control of the conversation the chieftain being more serious in expression went on.

[We gladly accept your offer Master Noble and you as well Padawan Pavond. Of course I need to tell you that we have allies here already helping. They're disguised as mercenaries but in truth they're a band of Alliance warriors led by a close friend of our clan.]

Dhraallo interrupted much to her nephew's irritation with a roar. [Speaking of Minerva, where is she?]

[Patrolling again she insisted. Stubborn as ever you know how she is like Aunt.]

Both Wookiees sighed and Kahlil would sense the concern and sadness for their friend. They returned attention to their Jedi guests. With the wave of his mighty paw Rhust beckons them to follow him off the landing pad. Once the Jedi did Dhraallo slapped Shan in the back as he passed her.

[Tell your learner that he will eat well today with us!]

She mildly roared before getting back to her duties. Upon exiting the platform they would note the damage here was not as extensive as it was in many other settlements with few scorch marks and several craters. Suspecting questions about it, Rhust explained.

[Our village was spared destruction and loss, mostly except for several Transodsen raid parties who were dealt with. Their Mandalorian allies attacked what they considered more challenging targets like the capital and Kachriho and the settlements around them. I was at Kachriho myself visiting my mother's kin when they descended the skies upon us.]

His tone was more sorrowful than before.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Noble, now. I am a friend of the Wookies, but my family of Zambranos are certainly not." The last thing he wanted was the Wookies to be taken advantage of by the name, after all. Still, he was all smiles for the time being, all while he of course translated for Shan. The fact his Padawan didn't speak it was news to him, but perhaps it just meant he should provide the boy with a droid translator.

And protector, likely.

"It sounds like Kachriho is the place that will need the most rebuilding, then. Once the feast is finished, we'd very much like to start helping."

Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Shan just listened as well as he could, though the Padawan did let out a slight yelp when he was slapped in the back, stumbling ever so slightly before managing to regain his balance. It was a surprise to be sure, especially considering the strength of a Wookie but Shan was sure they hadn't meant it in a harsh way. Part of him did wish he could understand the Wookies himself without Kahlil's aid but languages just...hadn't been something the padawan had studied

"I...usually eat well, but I am looking forward to seeing what you'll have for us at the feast. Thank you for your effort." Shan just gave a short and polite nod at that, keeping an awkward smile on his face. He just ran his hand through his hair afterwards, as he went to follow them towards the feast. He was curious as to what exactly the Wookies were going to be offering at the feast...Hm...

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

[Of course. Clan Kachriho is still rebuilding and they will appreciate any aid that can be spared. But I must get Minerva first. She needs to rest and eat before such work.]

Rhust growled to them without looking in their direction as they had to sidestep a speeder size crater. Soon enough the peacekeeping pair would see more Wookiee going about their business but also some humans and other aliens in various makeshift gear helping out with chores or exercising. When some saw the Jedi they whispered, immediately recognizing Kahlil Noble.

Some waved, nodded and a few saluted. Then without warning multiple Wookiee squeals could be heard before more than a dozen kids came out from the side rushing toward the trio. Immediately they crowd around them, talking excitedly in their language about their new visitors before one of them jumps and latches onto Shan's back, grabbing him by the shoulders.

[Jedi strong like Maru. Ride Jedi ride!]

Two more tried the same with Kahlil. Meanwhile the chieftain and everyone else, Wookiee and others watching smiled before laughing at the sight of two Jedi besieged by joyous childern.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil bit back a laugh as he was suddenly climbed over. It wasn't anything new to the father of five, and he pretty readily started carrying multiple of the Wookie children with ease. He wasn't sure about Shan, but he could at least help lessen the boys burden by taken more of the children on his own shoulders.

"I'm unsure if we're as strong as Maru, but I like to think I'm pretty strong myself, yes. Just don't fall, alright?"

Shan kept himself walking with the others, taking in the destruction around him. It was a disgrace to see what had happened to this place but he had to make sure to keep himself calm. He couldn't afford to let himself get angry at the thought of the Mandalorians again. Just breathe and relax. The Mirialan closed his eyes, getting ready to take in a deep breath...before he felt someone jump onto his back and latch onto him!

If it wasn't for the fact that Shan regularly used to carry around bags filled with water and medical equipment, the sudden weight might have made the Padawan collapse straight onto his face. Instead he just let out a yell of surprise as he tried to figure out what was going on, his head swivelling around to see what was going on, before he both heard the Wookie on his back, and then saw Kahlil carrying more of them.

"O-Oh...They're just playing..." That let out a sigh of relief as Shan tried to stand up straight, making sure to try and keep the Wookie up. He had no clue what a Maru was but that didn't matter as he just focused on walking. The Wookie child was heavier than he would have expected but that made sense.

[Strong indeed you two are. Alright young ones let them go they will have much to do and will need their strength. Go and be ready. We will eat soon.] Said the chieftain.

Some of the Wookiee children whined in protest that playtime was already over but many excitedly got off and ran for the great hall. Not before a few waved at both Shan and Khalil with big grins. Subsequently however, the Jedi would hear jetpack engines wailing east of them. When they looked in that direction the duo would see a figure coming closer and closer until stopping mid-air before making a slowed descent.

Only then they would note the all too familiar armor and helmet's visor staring back at them. Examining them briefly Minerva remarked in a matter of fact tone.

"Well, well Jedi indeed."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Jetpack.

Kahlil turned his gaze upwards, the smile on his face fading just for a moment. Mandalorians were here, again? To attack? .. No. The calm of the Wookies around him, the lack of their choice to reach for weaponry or such. His eyes settled in on the woman floating above.

"I've heard there's a Mandalorian within the Alliance army. I take it this is you, then?"

"Don't worry. I'm sure we'll be able to play later" Shan returned the grin towards the younger Wookies, alongside giving them a pair of thumbs up trying to make sure they were still happy. He didn't want them to be disappointed that they weren't able to play with Shan.

At the sound of a jetpack, Shan went to go for his saber, but seeing Kahlil not going for any weapons, alongside the wookies seemingly relaxing, Shan decided it would be best to just try and relax. It looked like they had nothing to worry about as the Mandalorian landed in front of them, and Shan gave them a short and curt nod to just be polite. Though noticeably, he was a bit more stiff in his stance and his smile wasn't quite meeting his eyes anymore. He was just...on edge around Mandalorians at the moment, still not entirely sure what his opinion was on them.

The one in front of them seemed peaceful enough and normally that would be enough for Shan, but Shan was under a bit more stress than he normally was, so he was of the mindset that it was better to stay cautious.

Minerva quickly recognized the older Jedi before she froze when he mentioned hearing about her. Honest truth she didn't consider the possibility that someone like him would hear of her. Maybe his wife Valery told him or something.

As for the padawan she can tell he was wary of her. That was to be expected and more of that and worse will come as the war comes into full swing she knew. Behind them some of the more new members of her unit gave uneasy glances about her presence and the younger Wookiees survivors from destroyed communities either resentful or fearful despite her shared connection with the chieftain.

Taking off the helmet she let them see her face, holding the helm underneath the right arm. At the Jedi master's question she answered with a nod then said.

"Minerva Fhirdiad, adopted daughter of Jorel Merrik and I know who you are. Kahlil Noble Jedi Master, Shield of the Order and husband to Valery."

Turning to Shan she remarked. "I may not know you Padawan but you do have a great mentor and that is a testament to you as much it is to him."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

A friend of Valery's, then? He made a mental note to ask Valery Noble Valery Noble about it. Literally. Their bond certainly made it easy for him to ask such questions in real time, regardless of where they were in the Galaxy. Not that it meant he thought she was lying. The Wookies weren't the type to be fooled, especially by those who brought them harm. If they trusted Minera as they clearly did, she was a friend.

He reached down, gently patting Shan's shoulder to try and diffuse the tension within him.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Minerva, though I do wish it was under better circumstances. I take it you're here for the relief efforts?"

Shan gave another short nod in Minerva's direction. He was trying his hardest to relax, even as Kahlil patted his shoulder. The Padawan just sighed afterwards, deciding to give Minerva a small bow to try and at least be more respectful than he already was.

"I have one of the best masters I could ask for. He has more than enough patience to deal with me. But thank you for pointing that out."

He gave a half hearted smile at that. Part of Shan thought his whole pacifism ways and the way he thought of things as something that was more problematic than helpful, so the fact that Kahlil was still willing to train him otherwise was something that Shan was entirely grateful for...Though the Mirialan then realised he hadn't introduced himself.

"Oh. Erh...I'm Shan."

Strangely enough, Shan just left out his last name at that part. It felt wrong for him to use right now, considering his family problems but he couldn't focus on that. Instead he put his hand out towards Minerva instead, willing to try and shake her hand.

"W-we had to come…and do our part." Minerva reluctantly confessed while trying to maintain a professional exterior but deep grief swirled within her.

Thankfully a distraction came as she saw the silent exchange between master and apprentice.

I know a father's pride in his child when I see it.

She could tell, having been on the receiving end of it before from Jorel whom she will be always proud to declare as her father. For a moment her heart ached, missing him. Though a part of her was glad he passed on in glory without seeing what those who wear similar armor had done and are doing now. Hearing Shan introduce she nodded again but was surprised for him to offer a hand to shake as well. Deciding not to make things awkward by doing nothing she instead grasped the Mirialan's arm firmly and shook it.

Letting go she heard footsteps as Rhust and her Klanootian lieutenant Gakot approached. The former placing his hands on his hairy hips stopped before growling.

[Minerva you are coming to the feast now. No use arguing about it.]

"He's right boss time to take a breather. We're not on the battlefield." Gakot also joined in with Wookiee chief.

Exasperated, she raised her free hand waving it. "Fine, fine let's get it over with. There is so much to do today so I won't waste a second more. Gakot call everyone in."

Then Minerva briskly walked off heading for the hall ahead.

Leading the Jedi onward Rhust then said to them in his native tongue.

[I understand your shock about a Mandalorian being here but Minerva has always been a friend to our people like her father before especially to my clan and hasn't betrayed that trust. Still it's for the best that she stays around me and my kin or else survivors out in there in the other settlements may you know...]

Grief-stricken Wookiees are not easily restrained in their fury after all.

As Gakot finished the call on his commlink while walking beside Shan he glanced at him for a second.

"Hey kid, you seem kinda familiar. Ever been to Nar Shaddaa?"

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was oddly relieving to see the Mandalorians that did actually hate what happened. He could tell Shan about there being those types around, but without actually seeing them, how could he truly understand? Kahlil ended up chuckling as he glanced back to Rhus and shook his head.

"I'm not surprised, actually. I'm glad to see them here, if I'm being honest. If you're willing to vouch for them, that's all I need to agree."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom