Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Winter Solstice

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Link
Necklace: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Valery had stepped out of the Bastion and into the snow to look at the little village up ahead while she held her necklace for a moment. The entire town was decorated for Life day, and both Echani and off-worlders had come together here to celebrate it during the planet's Winter Solstice. 6 years ago now, Valery was here as well, but about a month prior to Kahlil returning to her after his intentional fall to the Dark Side. At the time, she was looking for comfort and made a wish for him to come back to her.

Now? She wanted to bring him with her and enjoy it all together.

"I rented a little place for us there but before we go look around and get hot cocoa, I want to take you to the lake." She looked up at him and shoved her hands back into her pockets. It was cold outside, and she had chosen something warmer than her usual clothing, but she had never liked the cold much. Luckily, there was plenty of time to get warm later.

"There is an old Legend about the lake that followed after a bombardment that killed many. It says that this lake is filled with the tears of the survivors of that day, and only during the Winter Solstice, the water possesses the power to grant a wish and return what was lost. It's... where I made a wish for you to come back to me," she admitted — a story she hadn't told him before. "I just... want to show you," she said, her voice much softer and there was no overly energetic fire in her eyes. This place came with strong emotions, and she wanted to share it all with him.

At the lake, there are docks that lead out to a small island, and a heated boat room lit by lanterns. A regrowing forest encircled the mountains around it, and near the foot was the village they'd be staying in.

"What do you think?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

It wasn't a world he'd been to, but he could tell it was special. Not just to Valery. Kahlil kept his hands in his pockets, his face hidden underneath the collar of the thick jacket he was wearing. The cold was never his favorite. Stood beside Valery as he listened to what she said. The story behind the waters. After a second he reached his hand out to take hers. Pulled it into his pocket so his fingers could intertwine with hers.

And keep his hands warm.

"I think it's beautiful. .. And I'm sorry. I keep disappearing from your life, don't I?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery smiled when he reached for her hand, but narrowed her eyes a little when she felt just how cold his hand was. Still, she let him intertwine her fingers with his and gave him the warmth he was looking for. "Very clever," she said with a faint smirk while they walked over the docks and towards the ice-cold water.

The moon and the stars reflected against the crystal clear water, allowing them to not only see the spectacle lightyears away but also their own faces. It sent a shiver down Valery's spine because of the memories. This is where she had made her wish and cried into the lake, letting her own tears mix with those of Legend.

His comment drew her attention back to him, and her smile faded into a frown for a moment. A lot of people had disappeared from her life, from Padawans dying, to her former Master being killed in front of her eyes, the stasis... and of course, Kahlil. She wasn't quite sure how she managed to push through so much heartbreak, but she supposed there was always something or someone that made her keep going.

"I've... not been fortunate with people I care about sticking around," she said with a somewhat saddened smile. "I think it's partially why I haven't been feeling like myself, but you coming back gave me a lot of hope..." she paused and let out a soft sigh "But also fear. That it could happen again."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil tightened his grip in hers for just a moment. Couldn't help himself with that. He understood. Of course he understood. Not just from their bond, but who they are together. What she meant to him.

"The life of a Jedi is filled with trials and sacrifice. But I won't let anything short of death keep me from you. From Vera. Never again. Not my father, not some duty. I refuse to let that happen again." He turned his gaze to the waters, letting his eyes focus for just a moment.

"That's my wish. To never leave you again." He let out a breath before looking back towards Valery. Gave her an all too goofy grin. He didn't want this to be all sad. Not today. Not here. There'd already been enough sad memories.

"Think that's a wish they could keep?"

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

The brief tightening of his grip on her hand snapped Valery's focus up to his eyes, and she listened quietly to what he said. The promise and wish he made sent a shiver down her spine, and she looked up with widened, teary eyes. "Babe..." She said softly when he looked back at her. More than anything, she desired the feeling to be reassured; to not be left in severe doubts about the future and the people around her she cared for so deeply.

A Jedi's life was full of
sacrifice, but she had felt like she reached a point where she had lost so much, that there wasn't anything left to sacrifice.

Seeing the goofy grin form on his face got her to smile warmly again, without any lingering sadness. She stepped towards him, her hands withdrawn and her arms by her side, and just stepped into him to search for his warm, comforting embrace. "You better not die on me again..." she said softly as her bead rested against his chest. "I want to grow old with you, raise our kids together and just...be happy."

She glanced up again, smiling brightly, and with something she felt was important for them to tell each other again. It had been too long.

"I love you, Kahlil."

Kahlil_Div2.png

He blinked slowly as he listened to her. Grow old together? Not a thought he'd actually had. Watching Vera grow up, any of their other children, yeah. But growing old? He smiled gently, wrapping his arms around her, holding her close and tight against him.

"Sounds like our wishes are the same. Think that'll have us live twice as long?"

He softly chuckled before meeting her gaze. Smiled, just a little. Kahlil just leaned down after that, gently taking a kiss.

"I love you, Val."

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

"We both live very long as is, but... hopefully."

She offered a gentle smile in return and closed her eyes once he leaned in to kiss her. She returned it for as long as he kept his lips low enough for her to reach, and opened her fiery gaze to look into his once they separated again. When they did, she heard him say the words that had always been so important to her.

It made her smile just a bit brighter.

"Alright, let's head back to the village. It's cold here and some hot cocoa and looking at little Life Day vendors sounds fun." She then turned around and waited for him to join her before she began to head back.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He was there for a while. Not to make out, just, to be close. To show her just how much he really did love her. He'd keep doing that, every day. Until they were old and grey. Even then. Especially then.

That was his wish.

Kahlil nodded once as he leaned back up, taking her hand to put back in his pocket to keep their hands warm all over again. "I'd like that. Think they got ugly sweaters?"

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

Every moment of their embrace and kiss was one she cherished, and almost wished could last forever. The last few months had been emotionally very draining, and at times she wondered if finding happiness romantically was still going to be possible for her. Perhaps it was a little selfish, but it was also the only thing she truly desired.

To feel loved, especially by him.

"I'm sure they do," Valery said with a warm smile, as she took his hand and leaned against him with her side. With the way he had shown his affection, both physically and through their bond, she felt like her old usual self again — a bright and warm flame on this cold world. "I did bring my Life Day outfit for when we get inside and cozy~" she then teased. It was... a somewhat sexy outfit she had chosen just for the occasion.

"But I love stealing your sweaters, so let's get you one or two."

Soon, they arrived at the village, and Valery's eyes widened with joy, seeing all of the decorations, the people coming together for hot drinks, life day shopping, and celebrations. It was beautiful and had an immensely cozy atmosphere that she just loved, especially now that she was with him. "Hmmm, do you want one with a tauntaun on it? Or maybe a Wampa? I think a Wampa might suit you..." she grinned.

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery caught his wink and grinned at him while he squeezed her hand — she always loved planting these little seeds for later. It was probably the only way she could effectively tease him without him getting back at her, so she had to take these chances. But with that out of the way, it was time to look for an ugly sweater, and like a mother dragging her child along to go shopping, Valery began to pull him along to look at various little vendors.

"I agree... and that'd be cute." She turned to him and chuckled, "You'll be my big, cuddly Wampa. Deadly too~" she giggled a little and grabbed an awful, red sweater with a huge white Wampa on it. Even for Kahlil, it would be an oversized sweater, but that's what made it perfect.

She could already see herself stealing it to be warm and comfy.

"Try this on, babe," Valery said as she offered it to him with a bright smile. Finally, she looked like the happy woman she had always been again, and they made for quite a cute couple to the vendor owners who watched them. Valery didn't notice that though because she was completely drawn into her own little world. "These slippers are perfect, they even have Wampa toes!" she waggled them in front of his face and laughed.

"Oh. My. Gosh." Valery then said, as she returned with a silly mug and showed it to him. "What do you think? Good enough for your hot cocoa?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a brow slowly. The imagery of Wampa Kahlil and Jedi Valery was something in his head, yeah. He didn't hesitate to try it on, even as large as it was on him. Which was surprising. Was this made for a Wookie or something? He grinned wide at the slippers though. Yes, perfect! They did have the slippers. For sure that was going to be the first thing he'd wear back in the cabinn.

Then the mug. He blinked slowly, taking it up to read it. Turn it over.

".. This is adorable."

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

She watched him put on the sweater with the biggest smirk, and snorted when she saw his expression in response to the slippers. It was incredibly silly but they both loved it. Of course, she was getting some other ideas already as well, but those would have to wait for now.

They'd have time for that soon enough.

"Of course it's adorable, I picked it," Valery then said before jokingly flipping her hair over her shoulder. She then shot him another grin, grabbed the mug and gestured to the shop owner. "Let's take all of this and then maybe hot chocolate...? Or something to eat?"

A more devilish smirk sparked suddenly.

"Or want me to kick your butt in a snowball fight?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Uh huh." He just winked before grinning. Way too wide. Snowball fight? He glanced out to the street, then towards the snowy hill just close by. "Alright. Snowball fight. I gotta beat you for the nut kick anyway, mm?"

Cue the grin on his face as he took off in a run towards the field. Crouched mid run just to scoop up some snow and huck it for her in the process.

"Time to eat snow, Mrs. Noble!"

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Revenge is not the Jedi way," Valery said with a smug grin and a quick eyebrow waggle in response to his comment. Of course, she was looking forward to the chance to make him eat snow for all his teasing as well, but she wasn't going to admit it. Instead, she followed after him and once she reached the hill, she crouched down to start making her first snowball, believing she'd be given some time to prepare.

She was wrong.

The snow tossed her way struck her in the face, causing her to fall back and onto her butt in the snow. Slowly, she wiped the snow from her face and looked in his direction with a proper Noble battle glare. The kind she gave her enemy right befote engaging them.

"I see how it is, Mr. Noble."

Valery rolled a snowball in her hand and compressed it a little, so it would stick together better and, of course, it packed a better punch. She began to close the distance a little more and threw it straight at his face before immediately crouching down again to get more ammo.

"Come heeeere, you big Wampa."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil was just all grins as he watched Valery fall back. He crouched down low again to gather up more snow, but also to draw a couple quick lines in it. Nothing too crazy. Erupt runes. Which took his focus from Valery at just the wrong moment. He blinked just as the snowball hit his face, causing him to freeze for a moment. Then look up with an even wider grin as the snow fell from his face.

"Oho. It's on."

He raised the next snowball, hucking it her way before rolling away from another. Tracing a rune in the snow in the process. Gathering another snowball, making another rune. Running away. Trying to get her to step on at least one.

Which would just unleash a torrent of snow upwards.

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

Maybe revenge was her way, after all.

Seeing the snowball connect with his face after he had gotten the first hit on her just felt amazing, and with her accuracy so on point tonight, she knew this was going to be a battle she could win. So with all of her confidence, and a huge grin on her face, Valery chucked another snowball at him, dodged one he tossed in return, and kept going. Occasionally one struck her body, but she was getting small hits on him as well.

Nothing substantial, but she was getting closer and closer.

However, right as she passed by where he had rolled, Valery felt a strange warning through the Force. It got her to stop, right as a huge amount of snow was unleashed upwards from the ground beneath her feet. Valery completely froze with her hands held up and forward a little, and her knees were turned inwards and touching each other. She was shivering a lot even considering the attack she had just endured.

"Babe..." she said with chattering teeth.

"I'm not wearing pants..." She pulled open her red coat to show the black dress she was wearing underneath. A looot of snow had gone up there, freezing up her rear and exposed thighs through her stockings. Of course, her long hair was also soaked with ice-cold water, so this fight was over. "Y-y-you win... t-this... r-round," Valery said while she glared at him and shifted around awkwardly with her legs to get warm.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aww yeah the trap went off. Kahlil was all grins for like, three seconds before he blinked. Stared at her. Then cleared his throat.

Right. Riiight. Dress. He uh. A nervous laugh was all he had to offer before he nodded once and stepped over to her. "Right, I uh, forgot." Well. Maybe he didn't. By the grin that was still on his face it was totally possible. Especially with the next thing he did. Which was stoop down to scoop her up in his arms and give her a wink.

"Why don't we go get you warmed up. And maybe some hot chocolate."

i4GUF5O.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:

"F-forgot, h-huh?" Valery asked, her fiery eyes reflective now that it was dark, and burning brightly because of his little prank. She would have believed him about not knowing... if he hadn't been grinning at her like that. Their bond was also an effective method to figure these things out but she hardly needed it right now. He clearly loved every bit of how he got his revenge, and that quickly got her to smirk along.

Then he stepped even closer.

"Hey what are you dooooo- aah!" she squealed as he scooped her up and into his arms. Her own arms quickly wrapped around him, and she looked up at him, just in time to catch the wink. No matter how long they'd been together, she still blushed like it was their first day, and practically melted in his arms.

"That sounds good, babe," she said with a smile. "You'll have to order though because I'm comfy like this." Carrying her around was the least he could do after his attack and she wanted that freshly made hot cocoa from one of the vendors here. It just felt more magical than making it herself.

"Hmm, why don't we also pick up a Wampa plushie for Vera? Just as a little extra gift for Life day. And... I'll be getting you something as well." Her hand immediately went to her necklace again, the one he had gifted her 6 years ago. One of the only gifts she had ever gotten, but definitely the most important one.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That works for me."

He shrugged casually as he turned to bring them back into the town, among the stalls. With her casually in his arms. To order some Hot Chocolate and get the Wampa plushie and anything else they might need to enjoy the evening together. She'd have to carry his hot chocolate, but that was fine. Probably. Didn't matter much to him. This was what mattered. He smiled to her in his arms, just enjoying having her close.

"So.. Where is the cabin?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom