Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

Caid Centurion

C
Caid said nothing as he felt Alwine reach out to his mind. Quietly, he entered the vessel, snaking his way towards the location where he sensed Alwine's presence. It was not long before he found her in the kitchen - having permitted himself no regard for whatever state of dress she may or may not have been in. "I am not, honestly. I guess you could say I just avoided the inevitable addiction that stems from its use in my life."

Leaning against the frame of the door, Caid allowed his silver-green eyes to study the diminutive woman intently. "You do not look as if you got any rest at all."

[member="Alwine Lechner"]

Alwine was, in fact, fully dressed. She had not removed her clothes prior to sitting on the couch, nor had she shifted at any point between the meeting on Caid's ship and the present, and as such she was still in the same clothes he had seen her in earlier.

"I am not addicted," she murmured as she poured herself a large mug, the smell slowly filling up not only the kitchen, but the main area as well. Her brothers had commented more than once that the way she made coffee was strong enough to grow some hair on one's chest. Alwine had never noticed any hairs on hers after drinking.

"I nodded off as I studied. I do not sleep well in my human shape," she explained as she moved back towards the main area, motioning for Caid to join her. Using the Force as he had instructed her, books, papers, and pens were moved away via telekinesis, making way to sit on the couch, "which is why I do not really do it, unless uncontrolled. But that is extremely rare. Perhaps… Less than five times since I could shift, and excluding the time in prison on Stewjon."

[member="Caid Centurion"]

Caid Centurion

C
Caid shrugged his shoulders slightly, watching Alwine with a slightly arched eyebrow. He didn't judge her one way or the other, but most people he knew that drank caf religiously had...a problem for sure.

Pushing off the molding of the doorway slightly, Caid followed Alwine. Her comment about not being able to sleep well outside of her wolf form was...interesting, but he didn't really address it. "What were you studying?"

"Children's books," she explained, "reading what they say, copying the words onto paper so I learn how to write them as well. I've advanced several levels already, but it's still a work in progress." It was yet another thing the Lupine was in two minds about. On one hand, she had progressed above and beyond what anyone on Stewjon, her mother included, would have ever expected her to, especially in such short of a time. On the other hand, she was still not where she was supposed to be, still chasing her own tail to reach goals she might not.

"And re-reading your niece's letter," Alwine admitted as she took a sip from her mug, "I know it by heart and yet I still can't stop re-reading it time and time again." The petite blonde sat down on the couch, pulling a single knee up almost to her chin. "No matter how many times I read it, I still can't find any… Any clues, and I do not know how to calm my mind about it."

Caid Centurion

C
Caid took a seat on the couch as Alwine continued to speak, instinctively remaining what could only be described as a professionally respectful distance away from the woman. Silver-green eyes glanced briefly to the assortment of papers and books that the Lupine had moved with her mind not moments ago. "I see... It's a daunting affair to teach one's self any tongue. Have you considered an actual instructor in such things?"

The dark-skinned Sith's bright eyes lifted to regard Alwine. As was typical when his mind was churning over a number of possibilities, his eyes began to glow ever so slightly. It was certainly the truth that he would have to leave Alwine and the Confederacy in short order. Sure, he could return to continued her teaching from time to time, but she was at such a pivotal point in her development, he almost did not want her to have to suffer long periods of seeking others or languishing. Like his father before him, Caid was all too happy to manipulate Alwine into a situation to her benefit. It would just take...some finesse and time.

"I think your best bet...will be a distraction. There is rather little any of us can likely do without Scherezade's help, and we won't have that unless the three of us can discover a way to release her from whatever has happened."

Considered an actual instruction? Alwine took another sip from her mug and shook her head. "I have not," she answered, "when we'd just arrived, I thought this gap in education was shameful and I wished to improve myself on my own. I've come to realize that I was wrong, but I suppose… It's become a habit. I hadn't even considered it." Had not even considering it been the right thing to do? Now that she thought about it… It was probably not. "But perhaps I should," she said after a short silence. Perhaps with proper instruction, she could improve at a better rate. Just as she was improving much faster and better with Caid's training than she had without.

Looking at him as the glow in his eyes almost twinkled, the Lupine frowned. Was that a sign of anything? Was he even aware that his eyes did that? "Do you see the area around you washed in shades of green?" she found herself asking. He had, after all, mentioned that distractions could help. "Are you aware when the intensity of the glow changes?" she added another question. "Are there others who possess this… Trait? Others outside your blood line, I mean."

Caid Centurion

C
Caid nodded his head in obvious agreement with Alwine. "Yeah, I think you should. It couldn't hurt, at least." Pausing for a moment, Caid leaned back into the cushion of the couch a touch. "I might even know someone that could be rather perfectly poised to help."

As Alwine shifted gears, Caid had to permit himself a brief laugh. "No I do not see anything washed in green, but I am aware of the glowing effect of my eyes. Though...I'm really only aware because I've been told. Based upon the timing of said revelations, I suspect it happens when my emotions surge or my mind is churning." For a moment, Caid had to consider whether or not...it was a trait that existed outside of his family. In truth he did not know, but he supposed that it was always possible. "I honestly do not know. If others outside my family possess the same trait, I have never met them."

"Oh?" Alwine asked, "Who?"

If Caid had someone that could help there, it would save her a tremendous amount of time on searching, especially when she was not equipped with the tools to know how to judge if someone could offer her what she needed in the correct way or not. Once again, she found herself eternally thankful to Caid Centurion and what he offered her. And while she would not admit it out loud right there just and then, she hoped she could do him proud in return some day.

To his explanation of the eyes, she only had a nod to offer.

Leaving the last centimeter or so of her mug in the mug, Alwine set it down. "What have you planned for the rest of the day, Caid?" she asked him with a little smile. If he was not busy… Perhaps the distraction could be changed into a training lesson.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid smirked slightly. "Let me discuss with him first. I think my proposal will meet with his acceptance. Afterwards, I'm quite certain he will approach you in one way or another. From what I have gleaned, he is a surprisingly skilled linguist. I'm certain he would enjoy learning your native tongue as well."

As Alwine set down her coffee mug, Caid smirked, sensing the arrival of a question as easily as he drew breath from the air. "I cannot say that I have any immediate plans. What is it you wish to learn, little wolf?"

Alwine nodded. Caid would discuss it with the person, whoever he was, and if he accepted, Alwine would hopefully close the gaps in her education quicker than she otherwise would. She could only hope that the person would say yes.

Caid's smirk was returned with one of her own as he asked her what she wished to learn. She almost blurted everything,but she held her tongue, going over all the things she knew she wanted to know before the others, before at last settling on a specific one.

"I have seen several Force Users absorb hits coming at them with their bodies. Lightsaber blades, plasma bullets… A very of them could even use the absorbed strength and redirect it at whoever it was that tried to harm them," she said, not bothering to make the attempt to hide the excitement at such a possibility from her voice, "I wish to know how to do that, and what the limitations of such an ability are."

Caid Centurion

C
Caid...probably would not have been surprised with [member="Alwine Lechner"] yelling out that she wanted to learn everything. The fact that the little wolf’s thirst for knowledge knew no limits was readily apparent to the young Sith.

”Absorbing bullets? That is a curious ability that even I have not ventured so far as to try. It would be much easier, in theory to simply stop them mid-flight. However, the absorption of energy is something with which I am familiar.”

Pausing for a moment, Caid considered how best to go about explaining a relatively complex reality. ”Also not all energy is the same. Force instance the focused intensity of a lightsaber would be much more difficult to absorb without severe damage than, say, a blaster bolt. What you are describing is most commonly referred to as Tutaminis. It’s the involvement of a lot of force disciplines including absorbing energy, dissipating energy, or outright negating said energy. The process involves utilizing the Force to alter the molecular state of incoming energy, rapidly. You then either absorb into yourself to revitalize your own energy stores, or you can immediately release it back at a target.”

Sitting up straight, Caid glanced around the area. Eventually he pointed at her mug, ”May I?” Without really waiting for a response, Caid redhead for the almost-empty mug and pulled it to the center of the table. With a snap of his fingers, a medium-sized flame erupted in the mug. Sustaining the flame through manipulation of the Force, Caid conveyed simple instructions. ”Using the Force, attempt to feel for the various molecules in the fire. Feel the speed at which they move. You don’t have to focus on them all individually. Once you get a sense of them, you can change then through the Force. The Force itself is a living entity, tiny midichlorians live inside of each cell of a living organism. If you will it, feel it, the Force will revert the molecules of the fire back to simply energy. For now...just out the fire out in this fashion.”

Caid has chosen fire specifically. He may as well help Alwine with her pyrokinesis at the same time he explained a new ability.

So no bullets. That had probably meant a misunderstanding on her part, since that was what she had understood when this thing was explained to her. But there were plenty of things that could harm a person aside for bullets, and at least for some of these, the ability she had described could be used. Tutaminis. And then came a flurry of words that caused Alwine to squint her eyes at Caid. She had asked him once before, for a meaning of a word. Algorithm. He had explained. But now there were more words that she did not understand, things that had never been explained to her. When shes at to work on her vocabulary, those words had been on the lists.

Her mug was taken away from it. Alwine had no objection to this; there were mostly leftovers in it, the dark sand that collected at the bottom of black coffee. And then the flame appeared, and for a moment, the Lupine had to keep herself from dashing forward to try to play with the fire that had freshly formed. In truth, she was terrified of fire; it caused the wolf inside of her to panic and try to run for cover. But this was not such a fire, for it was a flame, and one that was under control. A bonfire would not place panic in the wolf's heart either.

"You have explained what midich… Midichlorians are," Alwine tested the word carefully. It felt so foreign on her tongue. "Are molecules the same?" It made sense for them to be the same. Or at least similar. Caid would know to explain a difference if there was one.

"When Jaron taught me how to control the fire, it was through emotion," she then explained herself, "there was much less… Technical explanation."

Still, before his answer arrived, Alwine began. Concentration. Tiny midi choloroforms. She did not expect to succeed on the first try, but she would show Caid that she had learned and progressed, and find the way to do as he had requested.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid smiled softly at Alwine's question. The more they interacted, the more she started to feel like the sister that he'd never had. A brief laugh escaped his lips at the thought. The reality was that he did have a living sister. In fact, he had two.

"Yes, they are the same in concept. However, midichlorians are much smaller and actually reside inside the cells of molecules." Caid paused for a moment, thinking of a better way to explain. "A molecule is a small entity of course, but if a molecule was a forest, a cell would be a tree, a midichlorian a branch of a tree."

With regard to Alwine's understanding of fire, Caid looked up at the ceiling and a face that indicated he was considering the advice. "That is not wrong. However, the truth is that strength of emotion can fuel any ability. You interact with the Force through feeling, if you do so with strong emotions and desire, you can accomplish more and more fantastic, powerful feats. However, emotion can also control you if you allow it, so I don't tend to teach the use of emotion as a principal gateway to manipulating any talent...until one is ready."

Waving a dismissive hand, Caid guided the conversation back on track. "Feel how the Force flows through and around the fire. Do not try to force your emotions on the flame, but try to sense the Force influencing the molecules of the flame. From there, try to swallow the molecules with the Force. Success will snuff the flame out completely."

Starting the fire, however, was a more complicated endeavor.

There was little she could do but nod at the explanation of molecules and midichlorians. Alwine gave both terms to her memory, and made a note to look deeper into the matter later on, when she was not in a training session. Turning to the explanation of emotional control over Force Powers, the Lupine blinked. Not until ready? Did that mean that he believed she was not? It was a strange concept to the petite, who had believed until a moment ago that the fact she had begun to master the ability through her emotions was a show of progress. It was just another thing to add to her ever growing list of things she had to reconsider.

Nodding at the instructions, Alwine bent close to the mug again. No emotions this time, which meant that it would take longer than it would have with them. Her concentration had been broken a few moments ago when Caid answered her questions, and since she was not well versed with the abilities yet, it meant starting from scratch. That well, though. Alwine was sharp and focused and the more she studied, the longer she could keep her concentration up. Unless Caid was in a hurry to go somewhere, she had hours ahead of her to invest in this lesson.

The fire in the mug reflected in her eyes, turning the chocolate brown into something that more resembled black and red as she neared her face to it. If Caid would ask her why she did that, Alwine would not have an answer to give him. The warmth felt pleasant against her face and she permitted herself a moment to bathe in it before forcing her attention to finding out how the Force flew through and around the fire. Caid had said not to use emotions, but Alwine was finding that part hard. Flames always brought a barrage of feelings from her; the wolf panicked, the woman did not. The woman found solace in the warmth, the wolf wanted to run away. Whether she used emotions to fuel any ability or not, Alwine suddenly deeply comprehended just how much of a mastery she would have to gain in order to expand her abilities and control. At least, a much deeper comprehension than she had before that moment.
How did the Force influence the molecules of the flame? She could sense the Force, living and breathing within the fire, but to narrow it down to that resolution… She growled, forcing her attention back.

Swallow the molecules with the Force. How could she do that if she could not even grasp those pesky little things and see how they were influenced?! Her left arm trembled, wanting to move forward to push the mug off the table. Alwine would not let it. This power would be hers to master and she would not stop trying until she got it right. The flames responded as her emotions surged, for a moment growing hard enough to almost cause the mug to burst, but Alwine regained her composure at the last moment, letting the flame go back to its original size, exhaling in an unsatisfied manner.

It would be nearly an hour of her standing there and concentrating, the flame sometimes growing and sometimes shrinking, before any actual advance was made. The sweat was dripping off the sides of her forehead, yet Alwine made no move to wipe her face. In more than one ways, this was as hard and as taxing as a physical training lesson, though it was mostly her mind that throbbed now.

Yet at the end of that hour, Alwine at last succeeded. Slowly, the flames died down as she swallowed them with the Force, snuffing the heat inside the mug up.

Standing straight up, she looked at Caid, not even attempting to conceal the pride from her face. Only a moment later did she at last speak. "What I did does not feel like controlling the fire," she said to him, "I choked it from the outside, without touching the in. Would this work on people as well, given enough time?"

Caid Centurion

C
As was the typical reality of their training sessions, Caid remained motionless and patient throughout [member="Alwine Lechner"]'s efforts. A number of thoughts rolled through his mind as the minutes drifted by. For part of the time, the Sith Lord allowed himself to slip into a meditative state, pondering the many personal tasks that lay before him. When Alwine found success, Caid's eyes opened slowly. He'd felt everything she had done through the Force.

However as she quickly shifted into asking a new question, Caid raised a single hand with a thin smile. "Yes but...one ability a time little wolf." Lowering his hand, Caid continued. "Do you recall how it felt as the energy dissipated, evaporated into nothing? That is what you have to achieve to absorb or negate energy, but you have to be able to do it much quicker. When you have mastered the ability to negate the energy, then you can focus your efforts on allowing that energy to merge with and reinforce your own presence in the Force. Only then can you convert the attack of another into one of your own."

Another snap of his fingers, and the flame was back. "Again."

Caid Centurion

C
As was the typical reality of their training sessions, Caid remained motionless and patient throughout [member="Alwine Lechner"]'s efforts. A number of thoughts rolled through his mind as the minutes drifted by. For part of the time, the Sith Lord allowed himself to slip into a meditative state, pondering the many personal tasks that lay before him. When Alwine found success, Caid's eyes opened slowly. He'd felt everything she had done through the Force.

However as she quickly shifted into asking a new question, Caid raised a single hand with a thin smile. "Yes but...one ability a time little wolf." Lowering his hand, Caid continued. "Do you recall how it felt as the energy dissipated, evaporated into nothing? That is what you have to achieve to absorb or negate energy, but you have to be able to do it much quicker. When you have mastered the ability to negate the energy, then you can focus your efforts on allowing that energy to merge with and reinforce your own presence in the Force. Only then can you convert the attack of another into one of your own."

Another snap of his fingers, and the flame was back. "Again."

One ability at a time? Alwine had thought it was the same ability, merely applied on a person instead of a fire. Still, she heeded Caid's words, returning her attention to the moment. She wiped her sweaty face on the back of her arms, having nothing to offer but a nod as he asked if she could recall how it felt. And still the thought of doing it fast enough with incoming attacks… It was almost mind blowing. Obviously, achieving that speed was possible, but would she be able to do it?

Alwine stared at the new flame. Using the Force she called a chair to her, preferring to sit now instead of stand in the awkward position she had been earlier, which had left an uncomfortable feeling in her back. Nothing that rest or a shift would not fix, yet there was no reason to make it worse.

Fast. She had to be fast. It was the sort of fast that did not leave place to think. As with several other abilities that Caid had taught her, this was something she was going to have to work on so hard it became as natural as breathing. If she had to actually think about performing the ability, it would probably already be too late when placed in an actual dangerous situation that called for it.

So in all essence, this would not be something she fully mastered today. She would require days, or perhaps weeks. Yet this did not deter the Lupine. Every journey began with a single step. If she did not have the focus required to master this, she would not have been able to gain any of her current feats. There was no question that she was nowhere near as powerful at present as other Force Users she encountered.

But she could be, in the future. She was not on Stewjon. She had time, and options, and possibilities, and this was but part of how she chose to spend that time, of where she chose to improve herself. If only…

No.

Alwine returned her attention to the flame. This time, it took a few minutes less before she had snuffed it out.

The Lupine looked at Caid, the exhaustion all too clear on her face. "Again?" she asked him.

Caid Centurion

C
As he had before, Caid slipped into a meditative state while Alwine worked. It was a nice benefit to be able to work on his own growth and development while simultaneously teaching another. While he had been trained predominately as a warrior, Caid recognized that he needed to improve his command over other aspects of Force manipulation. He would never reach the level of true Sorcery, but he could at least attune his mind and body to some useful abilities. For instance, the ability to not only reach into the ether but walk between times and places could come very much in handy.

Then again, drifting among time and space was a perilous task, and you always risked changing something merely by accessing the information. Once he felt Alwine complete her task, the Sith Lord slowly withdrew from his meditative state and opened his eyes. Glancing from the mug to Alwine, Caid took a long inhale. "Yes," a snap of his fingers sparked the flame once more. "Again, little wolf."

Caid would wait for the young woman to start, but it would be different. This time, Caid would gradually expand the flame, pushing it closer and closer to Alwine's body. She had the concept down, and he would never tell her to involve her emotions. However, there was a way to demonstrate how allowing emotions to overtake an individual could be detrimental. If she panicked and gave into concern or fear, she would probably fail.

Again. A third time. Alwine was tired, and it showed on her face. But she would do it another time. Sometimes, when one was so tired and exhausted, was when they made the greatest breakthroughs. As long as she was not nodding off, she would continue to push under Caid's guidance.

This time, her eyes remained open. She wanted to see as she did what she did, snuffing the molic… Moluc… Molecules out. At first, the Lupine thought this time would be much faster. There was movement. Was there such movement before? Having had her eyes closed, she was not certain, but she hoped it was a good sign that progress was being made.

But something was different now. Alwine had been so intent on snuffing the flames out that she had not actually paid attention to the fire itself, and had not realized that not only was it expanding, it was getting closer to her. At the current size of the fire, that was fine, but it was the wolf that noticed first, while the woman was still struggling to kill the fire faster than before.

An in human yelp escaped her and she moved backwards, standing up, letting the chair she'd been sitting on fall. The struggle of the woman against the wolf lasted only a few heart beats, but it was more than easy to see it happening, her facial expressions darting from one to the other before the woman at last won out and remained rooted on her spot.

Again she went for the flames, trying to control the panic that the wolf still tried to raise. "*Tlu venorik, dos waele l'thi!" she growled at herself, trying to maintain her control at both the wolf and the snuffing. She had no intentions of losing control over her wolf self, but right now the attention required to keep it at bay was becoming too large.

Alwine jumped back, putting more distance between her and the fire now. There were three things he could to; freeze, fight, or flight. The wolf demanded too much fight.

Chocolate eyes moved from the fire to Caid. "Stop it, please," she asked of him, the wolf prawling beneath her skin, trying to push her harder and harder towards the flight part of things.

* "Stop it, you stupid animal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom