Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

Brayden Antares

B
Brayden didn't know anything about a Van-Derwhatever, but he filed the name away purely for information purposes only. The information about the Witches of Ryloth, actually, was much more useful for him. Brayden knew that his family branches extended to and invaded several other families by now. Perhaps the Cavataio side of his family would be of use in this particular area.

Shrugging off the discussion of Katrine's lineage for now, Brayden focused on Alwine's latest question. "I have a strong feeling that I have a couple of ideas." If Madalena was a relatively new construct, Brayden had a suspicion that a number of the friends his not-sister had mentioned were actually friends with Scherezade. Outside of that, he did not know of any family that may or may not have interacted with her since they were infants. "Madalena mentioned two people...ummm... Daisy? And a Dianah? A taken Dianah, she was very clear about that."

[member="Alwine Lechner"]

"Who?" asked Alwine as Caid mentioned a woman… A man? Someone by the name of Ket. It was a strange name, and as it came attached with the same last name, she disliked the person, whoever they were, instantly. A family that produced people such as the auflaque had little choice but to be rotten from their very core. It was appalling that the only other known Lupine family had to be theirs. Was it too much to ask for to have the only other family your species had be actually somewhat decent?

The demon-twin mentioned he had ideas, and the Lupine's attention was on him within an instant. Two people that had to be checked. One name, she recognized. "Daisy Americus," she said, "unless there are other Daisies that she had simply not been on missions with. She is the Mandalorian Protector that I mentioned earlier."

As for the other name… "I do not know a Dianah, taken or not," she said, when suddenly names flashed in the back of her mind. "Wait, I do recognize the name," she corrected herself, closing her eyes as she tried to summon the knowledge to the top of her thoughts, "Dianah Vi'Dreya. There were two missions both she and Madalena were on in the Confederacy data files. I never looked into her because two mentions, both of which after Varick and I were retrieved from Stewjon, did not seem like a potential clue. Not before I speak with the Jedi Master, anyway."

Alwine wondered. Would that new name have any help to offer? She did not know.

"What of childhood friends?" she asked Brayden, "others who went to school with her? Trained with her? Surely the two of you did not grow up in solitude."

[member="Brayden Antares"]

Brayden Antares

B
Watching as Caid waved dismissively to Alwine's question, Brayden arched a curious brow. It seemed...odd to bring something up and then dismiss it just as quickly, but he knew not of what his uncle's relationship was with this...Ket. Shifting his attention back to Alwine, Brayden shrugged his shoulders. "I do not recall being given a last name for either... However, it's worth a shot. If I know Madalena, she's made mention of my return by now. She too believes me to be her brother, but she is not my sister. At any rate, I think introducing myself to them should be...a simple enough affair once this Dianah Vi'Dreya is located."

With that thought, Brayden began typing on his datapad once more. The return took pretty much...no time. "Ah. She is a Viceroy." Before he could muse on anything further, he caught Alwine's question regarding their childhood. Silver-green eyes snapped to Alwine's chocolate orbs. "We have no childhood friends. We had only each other and our parents, and our parents are not presently with us. Our lives were never so simple, Alwine. It's a story for another time and certainly not relevant to what we are attempting to accomplish."

The larger truth? Brayden did not specifically know what had happened to Scherezade. He knew only what had happened to him.

Alwine frowned. "She believes you are her brother?" she asked, somewhat repeating the demon-twin's words. "I do not understand. If you use a spell, or do what it is that she did to forget herself, why does she still believe you are her brother? Why erase everything but keep that?" But was that the only thing she'd kept? Once again Alwine was reminded of how little she knew, and could not help but wonder again why it was that she was still looking into this to this amount. "What other information do you know of that she has kept?"

She also disagreed about the story Brayden wasn't telling being irrelevant to what they were trying to do here. But if the man was not inclined to share, she would hold off and asking about it again. Perhaps once she had more information to offer after speaking with the Jedi, the demon-twin would be willing to speak more as well.

"Then we are working together," she said, looking at the dmon-twin straight in the eye. While his interest was fully in bringing Scherezade back, both of them had reasons to uncover the entire story before that happened. "I will speak with the Jedi Master, and you will inquire into this Dianah. Is there anything else that we can do for the moment?"

[member="Brayden Antares"]

Brayden Antares

B
Brayden shrugged his shoulders. "The only person that could answer your questions with any degree of certainty is Scherezade, and that obviously is not happening. However, I presume it was her effort to create a so-called better version of herself. The only primary differences I have noted are certain family details. The general structure of said family, however, remains the same. Anything relating to our homeworld, Madalena simply thinks are childish fantasies and stories that we created together in our youth." It was hard to explain, in truth. Brayden had only been exposed to Madalena privately on a handful of occasions, and it seemed like there was a new layer each time. Silently, he wondered if any of her friends were doing as he was, playing along until they could figure out what to do. Or...were they entirely complicit in the entire scheme.

Pushing the thought aside before irritation threatened to bubble beneath the surface of his skin once more, Brayden replied to Alwin'e final question. "I think that is all that can be arranged on this particular evening." By way of solidifying his intent to depart, Brayden stood and offered Alwine a succinct nod of his head. "A pleasure making your acquaintance, Ms. Lechner." A brief, wordless glance in the direction of his uncle was all that followed before the tanned Sith departed the Nightstalker.

Stories created in their youth? Alwine blinked, still not understanding the logic of it. Why retain knowledge that made you part of who you were and wanted to forget? Or perhaps…

"Could it be that this had not been her intent?" she asked carefully, looking at the demon-twin, "to remember these memories as… Stories?"

Perhaps it was a sign that the spell was not as perfect as Scherezade had hoped. Perhaps it was a sign that Scherezade was bleeding through Madalena. But whether it was or was not, did not change was currently happening. The investigation would have to resume if they wanted to have the full picture. Until they had uncovered other facts, everything else could only be considered as assumption, at best. Alwine did have a feeling that there was more than Brayden was telling, more that he himself knew, but… But hopefully, after she returned with information from the Jedi, he would be willing to reveal more without needing to be pushed.

She nodded back to the demon-twin when he offered his own nod before leaving. "And you as well, Mr. Antares," she answered.

Once he was gone though, Alwine released another one of those breathes that she had not realized she was holding. Without him in the room, her muscles seemed to allow themselves to relax just by a sliver. She emptied her second glass of water before turning to Caid.

"And I thought my family had problems," she said with a little smile. "Thank you for making the introduction. I can only hope this pans out well for all those involved… Which apparently now includes me as well."

[member="Caid Centurion"]

Caid Centurion

C
Caid watched Brayden leave before shifting his own gaze to Alwine. Returning her smile, he made a dismissive motion with his right hand. "Don't even mention it little wolf." Exhaling softly, Caid leaned back into his seat as he contemplated something. "I wish I had more exposure to this...Madalena. I admit that I wasn't really sure what Scherezade's problem even was until right now. I can't help but feel...bad for not trying to reach out to her."

That being said, Caid hadn't really known Scherezade all that well before the switch happened anyways. The Sith Lord had absolutely no frame of reference as to how she was supposed to be. In their initial interaction, he had arrived at a judgment very quickly, leaving the girl to her fate. Perhaps that had happened with just one too many people.

The Lupine stared at the man who was training her, the man who now said he wished he'd had more exposure to Madalena. It seemed strange to her, that she was the one whom he'd wished he'd had more exposure to, and not the woman that she was supposed to be.

"Why did you not?" she asked. There were things she was being told that sounded… Different than she would have expected a family to have. They were still a family, but perhaps that meant different things to different people. "That is a part of what I do not understand regarding the whole situation. She was active enough within the Confederacy before the time in which the change must have happened, but it seems… I am not certain if there is radio silence by those involved, or that she truly was in a position in which no one cared. And if she was someone who was capable of creating the key, how could the potential her ere existence suggests go so… Unnoticed? What else could have been so wrong with her?"

Caid Centurion

C
Caid shrugged his shoulders in response to Alwine. "I did not even know Madalena was a real person until extremely recently. After my initial interaction with Scherezade, she made it clear that my judgment of her drunken woes was not appreciated. I'm not one to force myself upon someone that does not wish to listen but now..." Caid paused for a moment, smirking in spite of himself. "I'm just wondering if maybe I should have been the one to listen better."

Allowing his gaze to settle intently on Alwine, Caid continued. "I wish I had more answers for you. Between my work on Druckenwell and my extended absences...in Wild Space, I'm not very aware of the actions of the greater Confederacy. The names that Brayden mentioned. I recall them from my first operation in support of the Confederacy and the last time I saw Scherezade. They were all there, supporting the same objective. Daisy, especially, seemed to have a close bond with Scherezade. I think perhaps we should pay her a visit while Brayden seeks out the Viceroy."

Alwine said nothing at first. Caid did not know Scherezade well, and she agreed with him that perhaps he should have been the one to listen better, but there was no reason to press the matter. The past could not be changed, and if she were to be completely honest with herself, stopping Scherezade from becoming Madalena would not have been the first thing she would have changed if it were possible.

"It is a shame," she said at last, "families that do not contain people such as my mother should be closer than what you and the demon-twin have described your family to be." And after a quick pause, added, "I do not mean to criticize your family, Caid. Mine is far from perfect as well. But I wish for both our families that it would not be so."

But wishes did not create reality. Only work did that. And they all had much work to do, and not just on this subject alone.

"What are your plans now that you have returned from Wild Space?"

Caid Centurion

C
Caid could only nod in response to what Alwine had stated. She was right, but it was, per usual, more complicated than what she was attempting to describe. Caid's family was...large, spread across multiple branches, races, and creeds. There hadn't been any real attempt at unification or familiarization in...ever that he could remember. It was something he'd been interested in at one point, but that all changed the day he met [member="Cersei Moirae"]. Now...he lived his life more or less completely for her and the bond that they shared. That very thought brought him to his next point...

"I intend to tidy up a few remaining affairs on Druckenwell and here on Geonosis." Pausing for a moment, Caid added simply, "I intend to depart the service of the Confederacy within the week." Expecting that this might upset, confuse, or otherwise provoke Alwine, Caid made a motion for her to let him finish. "I will always, however, be available to you. Further more, I fully intend to assist in this investigation and helping to safeguard the future of your kind...even after we manage to return Scherezade to whom she truly is."

Managing a soft smile, Caid concluded with, "Oh and helping to ensure Brayden does not attempt to eviscerate your brother in the dead of night."

Within the week?! Alwine looked up, unable to hide the surprise from her face. He had mentioned earlier that he would be leaving, but he had not said it would be so soon. It was only moments later that she managed to wipe the surprised expression from her features and settled slightly deeper in her chair. She supposed, in truth, it did not matter. He had been gone for a while before today anyway, and his presence within the CIS had never been part of the relationship they had struck that day in the training hall. His choice of which faction or planet to align himself with, once she thought of it for half a moment, was unimportant in any way that mattered directly to her.

Besides, he would still assist with the investigation, and help her keep her brother safe.

"I would like to see this Wild Space you spoke of," she said with a smile, "when you deem the time is right, of course. I have not been outside of Confederacy space yet unless it was part of a mission to add territory to it."

Caid Centurion

C
Caid noted the initial shock on Alwine's face, but he did not otherwise respond to it. There wasn't really anything else to be said on the specific matter as the decision had been made. Managing a smile in return to the one that Alwine offered, Caid nodded his head subtly. "I certainly support your desire to explore the galaxy, and I'm positive you could more than handle the overwhelming majority of things you might yet come to experience elsewhere in the galaxy."

Covering his mouth to stifle a yawn, Caid came to his feet. Lowering his hand, Caid smiled thinly at Alwine. "I'm sorry little wolf. It has been a long journey, and I've gotten far too little rest." The Sith Lord recognized that the sun would soon be rising on a brand new day. As a result, he offered to link up with Alwine later. "Can we continue this in a few hours?"

Caid felt the need to state that he believed she could handle the overwhelming majority of things he might come to experience elsewhere in the galaxy. Alwine paused a moment, wondering what brought that sentence on. Were any skills or characteristics needed for that? The only reason she had been grounded on Stewjon most of her life was because the caste her family belonged to was never to have the financial means to get of world, but she had never paused to think that there could be other reasons not to.

She was also going to ask about it, but then Caid said he required rest. "Of course," she nodded as she rose to leave. Only when she reached the ramp did she pause, turning around. "Caid," Alwine said, "I am sorry. I am sorry that your family has to go through this, and I am sorry that my brother is at fault, at least partially. I do not yet know how, but I will do what I can to set this right."

For the first time that day, the blonde seemed slightly uncomfortable. But she shook it off like water off fur, and left.

Caid Centurion

C
Quietly, Caid followed Alwine down to the lower level of the Nightstalker. Depressing a button to extend the loading ramp, his gaze found the diminutive female's form as she offered...an apology? For a moment, a confused expression adorned Caid's features. Alwine certainly had neither reason nor need to apologize for the fractured state of his family. In fact, there wasn't really anyone to blame. His family, it would seem, had always been very...independent and driven.

"It take two people to make a bad decision, truthfully. If my niece gave her heart to your brother blindly, then she, at least, shares in the responsibility." Caid recognized that it wasn't a particularly compassionate point of view, but it was in keeping with his very Utilitarian outlook on life. "Still...there is certainly no playbook on love, and we cannot always help who we fall for. Your thoughtfulness and kind words are appreciated, little wolf. Where will you be later in the afternoon?"

Alwine looked a Caid as he said that his niece had some responsibility. She wished she could fully agree with him, and she knew that if she had done so, then he was indeed correct. And still, she could not help but feel like there was more to the story, more that they did not know. Would they be able to uncover it all? For all she, Caid, and demon-twin knew, there could have been a time limit that they did not know about. Perhaps it was too late already. She loathed being so deeply in the dark.

"I cannot claim to understand romantic emotions," she admitted to Caid, "I am not schedule for any missions this week. I will be either in the training hall to train, or at home, to practice my reading and writing." Pausing a moment, she realized that Caid did not actually know where she lived. "My brothers and I live on Gerwald's ship in the docks," she quickly added, "but it is usually just me there. Varick is off on his own adventures to taste the galaxy, and Gerwald rarely leaves the auflaque's side. Sadly."

Caid Centurion

C
Caid laughed softly. "Alwine, I think anyone that claims to understand romantic emotions is, essentially, a liar." Nodding his head in response to her relative availability, Caid offered her a parting smile. "Very well. I will contact you later in the day to confirm your location. In the meantime, be well, little wolf."

Rest had not come for Alwine. She had made the attempt, but found no ability to relax her mind after the conversations of the day. She had gone to the training hall at first, but even the droids could not offer her the mental rest she required, and less than an hour later she made her way back to Gerwald's ship.

Seated on the couch in the main area, she had taken the letter out of her pocket again. It was a replica that she had made, a single paragraph missing from the rest of it. A thousand times and more had it been read by the youngest Lupine, and still she could not figure out what it was she was missing from it; what pieces of the puzzle it could provide but that she was overlooking.

Buried among stacks of papers and books, it was not long before Alwine eventually nodded off, her eyes closed, and sleep, while in her human shape, came uneasily.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid never slept for terribly long. He suspected it was the reality of constantly traveling between worlds and adapting to the various of schedules of those he knew on each independent world. After a quick workout to get his blood flowing, the dark-skinned Sith showered and changed. Though the Sith Lord changing was a matter of perspective as he emerged from the Nightstalker wearing no more clothing than [member="Alwine Lechner"] would be accustom to.

It was a simply matter to note that her presence seemed to be vacant from the Obsidian Citadel. Certainly, Caid grew weary of the implications of his political entanglements with the Confederacy. Yes, Druckenwell had been a good experience, fun even. However, his own personal life had gained steam in a direction that ran away from the Confederacy at an almost daunting pace. The Sith Lord could not deny he enjoyed the shift, the change. More and more he found himself being called to the exotic wilds of Malagarr or even the lush, rolling plains of Endelaan. There was no further desire to adorn some council chamber or pontificate on the useless notions and needs of some stifling bureaucracy.

The Geonosian sun had risen well into the sky by the time Caid initiated his trek towards the ship of Alwine's brother. As a result, the usual cloak had been left behind entirely. Arriving at the vessel, Caid opted, obviously, not to merely invade the spacecraft. Instead, he gently probed for Alwine's presence. When Caid found her, he gently brushed his own against hers. It would have been no more invasive than a casual, light stroke to her hair.

Her dreams were not happy ones. It was something she had only recently come to notice, and would have to ask her brothers if it was the same for them. As a wolf, Alwine always slept well, her dreams being of the hunt and the prey, and little else. As a human… The dreams were complicated, abstract, and her head hurt just trying to think of them before they vanished from her mind.

But she felt that stroke. Felt it both within her dream and without it. Her eyes opened, staring groggy at the room as her brain caught up on reality. That was another difference; as a wolf, she always woke up sharp. None of that puffy silliness.

Come in, Caid, she sent to him once she realized he was the one who had awoken her. Leaving the stacks of papers as they were, she headed immediately to the little kitchen. Are you a coffee drinker? I need about a gallon of it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom