Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Why do people post \\ R E S E R V E D // under Character Bios?

fb4.gif

Be careful what you wish for.
I have them on mine because I had everything separate so I didn't have to take the chance on a random highlight of the entire page and deletion. When I went to a template as I have now, Well. I just never requested they be deleted. shrugs

The key to Nonna's succulent meatballs is to mix in the soaked and squeezed pieces of day-old Italian bread instead of using breadcrumbs. The chunks of bread make for a lighter, spongier texture.

YIELD:
Yields 16-20 meatballs

INGREDIENTS
2 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 lb. ground veal
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
1 cup grated Romano Pecorino cheese
1 tablespoon black pepper
1-1/2 tablespoons salt
5 cloves garlic, minced fine
1 cup day-old Italian bread, soaked in water, squeezed, and torn into 1/2inch pieces

PREPARATION
Combine ground beef, pork and veal in a large mixing bowl. Soak day old Italian bread in water until the water is absorbed. Squeeze out as much of the water as possible. Tear the bread into chunks and add to the meat mixture. Add remaining ingredients in order and mix thoroughly. Using the palms of the hands, form meatballs 2 to 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Use this recipe to make red gravy, meatloaf, soups and stews.

Chef's Notes: When making red gravy, thoroughly brown the meatballs and deglaze the bits on the bottom of the pan with the plum tomatoes called for in the recipe. This creates a rich red color and hearty flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom