Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who We Are [Taeli]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette paid little mind to the rather free application of the Force. Instead she settled into her seat and took the utensils from the island's counter top and began to cut into her meal. "Considering the strain on our relationship, perhaps," she remarked. Homeworld etiquette and posture evident as she sat and carefully sliced through the chicken on her plate. She noted that Taeli changed the music to match the atmosphere and tucked the information away for a rainy day.

"I suppose it was her way of saying thank you, I had purchased a new speeder for her as a graduation gift since I won't be able to attend her graduation personally - for reasons she understands." Or so Fiolette hoped, she would move heaven and earth to attend that graduation to sit there and watch as her daughter became an officer in the miltiary. Rather than dwell on the subject, "so what of you and your family?" Yes, let's change that subject back to her she thought, wanting to take some of the pressure and spotlight away from herself. She then took her first bite of the meal, after a second bite and water. "This is quite excellent, do you cook often or...?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Taeli was about to ask about where her daughter was graduating, enjoying the meal she had prepared, when Fiolette asked her about her family. The smile on her face wilted at the corners, a sadness growing in her eyes. She supposed... it would be best to get it out of the way now, but Force it was going to be painful. And she was not going to mention the exact circumstances of her adopted parents' deaths. Just the official story, no need to air a secret that she would never tell anyone... ever.

"When I was born, my parents had to give me up for adoption," Taeli began, setting her fork on the plate. "A couple from Lorrd adopted me, a professor at the university and his wife. They're dead now, a gas explosion ruined the house after I left, an accident it was ruled by the authorities. I tried to contact my birth parents, they were from Corellia, but I found out too late they and most of my siblings were already dead as well. Killed by a bounty hunter trying to get at my sister Corvus. My other sister, Melori, survived the massacre."

She took a shaky sip of water, fingers trembling a little.

"Corvus was a Jedi, and Melori was a Sith... and I loved them both deeply... still love them," she said. "They're both gone now too. Vanished, without a trace. I've spent years trying to find either of them, but... no luck. So, no family now. Just me."

Shaky breath, quell the lump in the throat. She went back to take another bite of her chicken, eyes downcast a little.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette didn't need the Force to realize the weight of the question. "I-" She started to say but it seemed Taeli was going to answer the question regardless, for that Fiolette felt her own heart twinge. She set her fork and knife down and listened, Adopted - Corellia, Sith, Jedi. Death. Her expression did not change or shift as Taeli gave her the details of the Raaf family and their demise. Leaving Taeli alone in the galaxy, Fiolette rose from her seat without say and walked around the island. Had she known the weight of the question prior, she would not have asked. Though she supposed that was the catch, the Galidraani placed her hand over the brunette's. It was her attempt to bring comfort and to reassure Taeli that she was there for her.

When she was done, and when another bite of the meal had been consumed.

Fiolette moved to tuck left hand beneath Taeli's chin, the right one on the island's counter top. "I'm sorry,"

She then pulled Taeli into an embrace.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

A weak smile met Fio's comforting hand, and when she came around to hug Taeli, Taeli accepted the embrace, her arms coming up to wrap around Fio. It was nice to actually be hugged by someone about her family's misfortune. The Jedi had never offered that. Yet one more reason why she blamed them for what happened to Corvus. They never taught how to deal and express emotions in a healthy way, and try as she might have, they had stuck with the same old tired traditions.

Good thing they would be burning in four days.

"Thank you," she whispered into Fio's shoulder. Pulling away, she stifled any potential sniffles. "It's been hard, and it always will be, but... it's given me motivation and they will always be with me. In some way."

Clearing her throat, she glanced at the meal and decided the subject needed changed.

"So where which military academy is your daughter graduating from?" she asked.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette's brow furrowed for a moment - she never mentioned that her daughter was graduating from.

Taeli had pulled away and stifled any other tears that threatened to fall. She gave Taeli's hand a reassuring squeeze, "I'm here if you need to talk."

She walked back to her seat and tried to discern if it had been a lucky guess or if perhaps having been a Grand Marshal for the New Jedi Order... Had Fiolette's personal details come across Taeli's desk? Given the woman's current state she sought to give her the benefit of a doubt. "That is quite the guess, Taeli." She made sure to add the other woman's name as she continued with her meal. "My daughter Lucinyia is graduating from the Victorian Military Academy and is set to become an Ensign within the First Order Navy." The redhead paused a moment as she took a sip of her drink. Taking another moment as she set it back down, "however - I am working to get her transferred into the Sith-Imperial Naval Programme."

It would be a lot easier to see her then.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Educated guess," Taeli said, hiding her distaste for the First Order as Fio stated where exactly it was her daughter was graduating from. They might be allies of the Sith, and one might assume that she only fought them because of her charade, but honestly... she believed the First Order were pretenders, children play acting the real thing. They didn't deserve any mercy, but at least it sounded like Fio was... the Sith naval academy... well then, perhaps...

"Considering your career, and what you mentioned about not having a formal education, I figured your daughter might have followed in your footsteps so to say," she continued. Tilting her head in curiosity, she asked, "I'm assuming you won't be able to make it to the graduation, but is there anyone else who can make it and you can pass along your congratulations?"

Ah, if only Taeli could be open with her. She could whip up an alchemical Mask for her to wear to the graduation and avoid all the shouts of traitor and attempts at being arrested by the First Order.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette gave Taeli a soft smile and continued with her meal, starting her way into the salad.

"Yes, and unfortunately no - most of my contacts either left when I did or a little after I had," she answered in reference to someone who could pass the message along. "But we talk, and in spite of some of our problems we are working through them." Fiolette wanted desparately to avoid the mistakes she made with Ferrathias, Lucinyia had been her second chance and she didn't want to waste any more time than she had already. No formal education, the words sat with her a moment. She remembered the recruiter for the Atrisian Empire, how he eyed her up and down and told her she wouldn't make it. She insisted, persisted and she eventually got her way.

"Thank you by the way, did I mention that this was good?" Fiolette gestured with her fork to the half-empty plate.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Well, I'm glad you two are working through your issues," Taeli said, smiling again and the smile brightened as Fio complimented her cooking. It had been a useful skill to learn, her mother had said, and then when she joined the One Sith... well it became a matter of course to cook her own meals and prepare her own drinks. In comparing the two Sith organizations, she much preferred the new Empire. Much less chaotic, much more engrained with traditional Imperialism... although sometimes destruction was necessary.

"Thank you by the way," Taeli said, cutting into her own chicken again and then a bite of salad. "Cooking is a great stress reliever I've found, plus a great life skill to have. You would not believe how many classmates of mine from school, or Jedi, cannot cook for the life of them. So, is Lucinyia your only child, and please let me know if I am saying that wrong?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
A polite nod of acknowledgment followed by another sip of water.

"You are most welcome." Salad to her fork as she continued on with dinner. Fiolette looked over to Taeli a moment as she spoke about classmates from university or the Jedi. "Yes, that's right Lucinyia, her father and I often call her Lucy." A pause in conversation as she completed the last of her meal. Military life had engrained this style of what always seemed to be inhaling food. Basic military training ensured that, and so had officer school. Taeli then asked if Lucy was her only child.

"And no, she is not, Lucy is my oldest daughter. I have two others, Ryssa who has just turned fourteen... no fifteen, and then Ariel is now eight."

Fiolette let that sink in a moment and then last mentioned, "I do have a son my oldest, Ferrathias who... goodness. He is..." She stopped to do some quick mental math, "forty-four now? I think? Yes, should be about there."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Well, she was glad she had said the girl's name right, although Lucy was much easier to say. She was almost done with her own meal, but she was impressed by how quickly Fiolette had.. inhaled it for lack of a better term. She had been expecting the mention of maybe one more child, two more was surprising, but not too much so. Neither were their ages, but then she mentioned yet another and then their age... and it took everything she had to not have her eyes bug out from shock. Even still, she silently mouthed forty-four to herself.

It also sparked some quick mental math. Yes, she had known Fiolette was de-aged by alchemy, amateur alchemy, but alchemy nonetheless, but... she hadn't exactly known how much the gap might be. But... did that really matter?

"Oh, I see," Taeli finally managed to say.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette knew anyone she was with would have a bit of a reaction to the news.

Nor would she have blamed Taeli if she retreated. It was a lot to take in all at once not to mention that it begged the question, just how old was Fiolette? Considering she did not look the age she should look. Nor had she paused to ask just how old Taeli was, but as she watched there was a small note of the number being mouthed. "I should, perhaps be a bit more honest about myself." She cleared her throat and looked away from Taeli.

"I am not, what I look."

"You see, I look the way I did ... when I was in my forties."

"I'm sixty-eight years old, Taeli."

"I feared for my own mortality after Castameer, and..." Fiolette's voice trailed off. "I made a deal. I made a deal with the First Imperial Alchemist Guild on Tokmia."

She took a deep breath and exhaled, her attention drew back to Taeli's eyes. "And I don't know where that puts me with you, but I wanted to be honest. I wanted to be honest now, I suppose, since I'm not sure where... just...." She stopped herself, feelings and emotions began to bubble. "I'm sorry." There was a lot on the line all at once it seemed, how quickly the night had turned. "No this is a lovely evening and you have been ever so gracious and amazing, Taeli."

"So I would not begrudge you if you ran out that door right now."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Sixty-eight? Well, the math did seem about right if her son was forty-four. And honesty... well honesty deserved honesty in return. The secrecy of her true... nature wouldn't be needed in just a few days. Soon, everyone would know and... maybe Fiolette deserved that truth beforehand. Taeli could understand that fear of one's mortality, and Castameer had been... rough. She hadn't been there personally, but she had heard the stories and seen those returning from that outer system.

"I knew you were older than you appear," she said quietly, her hand reaching out to gently grip Fio's arm and turn it so her mark was visible. "I knew what this mark was the moment I saw it. It's only supposed to be done by a Master of Sith Magics, and definitely not by any amateurs. They would have taken shortcuts to make it work, dangerous shortcuts."

She held up a hand to forestall Fio asking how she knew that, it would be revealed in a moment.

"I..." she trailed off, looking away, biting her lip, "I... have something to confess... and in a few days, it won't really matter if you knew early... I just... I hope... well..."

Again, she trailed off, eyes lowering to look at the mark. It was a big gamble, but if it didn't... she could always Memory Rub Fio's mind if she... might give the secret away to the Alliance.

"I'm not going to blame you if you don't want to see me after this either," she whispered. "Momna ra."

Sith tattoos would appear around her eyes, glowing red as her spell was unlocked. If Fiolette was sensitive to the Force, she would feel the light side disappear and be replaced by a dark aura of malevolent power.

"I'm not a Jedi... I'm a Sith."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette watched a moment as Taeli replied, she reached out and took her hand. The mark, and then she mentioned Sith - and Fiolette recalled her despondent nature when she could not find a Sith holocron. And as the woman revealed her knowledge of the mark, Fiolette's eyes followed Taeli's movements. The way she bit down on her lower lip, she had been hiding something. And words were uttered, words she knew nothing of - the Galidraani was not force sensitive and never in a million years did she ever dream or believe that she' d be here with one, so close.

Honesty.

It was a theme for their night, wasn't it?

Sith tattoos emerged on Taeli's skin, around her eyes - a sudden red glow around Taeli. She had given herself to the dark side - but for Fiolette? She did not fear the darkness for she had seen what the Galaxy could do. Fiolette just sat there and knew that whatever choice she made in this moment would change the course of their lives forever. "Oh... I see." It was her turn now, and so she sat there and looked at Taeli. Revealing one's true nature was never easy, even if you were a Sith. There was always a vulnerability to it, some reveled in it and others...

"So then, this is you then isn't it?"

It was a lot to handle, to take all in one go.

Sith had a nature to them, a reputation that preceeded them wherever they went.

Fiolette looked down at the mark on her arm and then back at Taeli.

"Were the moments that we had... "

Were those real? Or was Fiolette part of something else? She wanted to push those thoughts from her mind but they were poisonous.

She rose from her seat. This was a big step, there was no getting over that. She once more walked around the kitchen island, and took Taeli by the hand. Fiolette cupped the Lorrdian's face and ran her thumb just under the markings. Fiolette brought Taeli's hand to her heart, "just, tell me that the moments that we had..." Her forehead came to rest against Taeli's.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"This is me," she whispered. She was well aware of thumping of Fio's heart, and she knew what thoughts had to be racing through her mind as she asked whether what they had shared thus far was real or a plot. Sith had that reputation, Taeli especially had the reputation for playing long games and manipulation, but these moments... no, they had first come from curiosity about why she had a de-aging mark, and then they had grown rapidly. She truly enjoyed her company.

Feeling Fio's forehead against hers, she gave a soft smile and leaned her head up to give the redhead a soft kiss.

"They're real," she whispered. She would lean in for another kiss.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette deepened their kiss, breathing became secondary.

She looked to the kitchen island and in one swift motion shoved everything off of it. And as she turned to look at Taeli, Fiolette lifted the brunette up and placed her on the island's counter top. This was Taeli, the real [member="Taeli Raaf"]. Alright then, Fiolette accepted the woman in her arms right then and there. Being honest required someone to be vulnerable to let down their guard. It also required some form of trust and the Lorrdian trusted her. Trusted this retired grand admiral who had been called a traitor to her nation with this, and Fiolette knew in that moment. She wanted for no one else in this Galaxy, no one else but Taeli.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25hnpo_tjCM[/media]

Night had fallen, disheveled sheets behind her as Fio lay among them. It had been a... wild ride there for awhile for them, not that she was complaining at all. It had been... exhilarating. Once her lover had fallen asleep, Taeli had gotten up, throwing a bathrobe on to look out the window of their room. It had been nice to feel wanted, to feel... loved again. She wasn't sure where exactly this was all going, but she knew where she wanted it to go. In the distance, thunder rumbled, a flash of lightning as a tropical storm brewed.

Another flash of lightning threw her shadows into deep relief...

"I know you're there," she muttered, not turning around. "No point in hiding, spirit."

Fiolette Fortan

F
The Sith Entity reformed itself in the shadows, it was not strong enough to mimick Fiolette's form in full. Her shadow would have to do, the tropical storm brewed in the distance. Lightning danced across the sky, and it spoke, "do you feel satiated? Has this one's strength fulfilled you?" It mocked her, it mocked the idea of love, it mocked life. "I know your form, I know your nature. Lady of Secrets, Lady of Lies. This one is pathetic in their emotional attachment, but I shall fix that."

It dragged itself through the shadows crossing the windows, it clung to the darkness.

"Mhmm but you, you are strong in the force - and it feels good. Perhaps you would like to trade places?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Oh, I'm definitely sated... for now anyways," Taeli replied. So, she had been right after all. Dangerous shortcut indeed. As it moved, she kept careful track of it in the Force, gauging its strength... the hold it might have already on her lover's soul and mind. Trade places? No, plus the spirit knew that it wouldn't be strong enough to fight against her will. Something she would be educating it in all too soon. "It feels good, to have the warmth of a body next to you, to feel that deep-rooted passion."

Turning to face the shadowy form, she gave a cold smile. Purple eyes were as hard as amethyst.

"Let's lay out how this is going to work," she said. "I don't particularly like you trying to slowly takeover Fiolette, clawing your way back into the realm of the living any way you can. Those First Order alchemists were amateurs, but I am the furthest thing from that. So, I'm going to give you two options. Option one, after the business I need to conclude in a few days, I transfer your spirit to another vessel. Option two, I destroy whatever power you've clawed back and send you screaming back into the Netherworld, forever trapped on the Field of Blades or worse."

Fiolette Fortan

F
The entity laughed with malice.

"You intrigue, oh you intrigue me, little Corellian gives me the ultimatum."

As the storm brewed and shifted the entity crawled through the window with a wicked smile across the darkness, a set of yellow eyes looked at her and studied her. "She is a delicious source of darkness. I am her demons, I am the reason she relives her nightmares and I so enjoy them." It enjoyed the fear, the pain of it all and it enjoyed pushing her into the depths. It laughed greatly, "I am the reason she lost her family, feeding from the despair as I grow."

"Warm bodies, are only good if they're growing cold. You would know this best, mhmmm?"

"She wanted her youth, I gave it to her."

"I only ask my price be paid, and she is paying it in full."

"I will deal with her and then I will deal with you."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

If it was possible her eyes turned even harder, colder. So this entity was slowly tormenting Fiolette, gaining strength from her emotional anguish and painful memories. She had killed a great many people, that was true, twisted and perverted beasts, beings, and everything in between in her experiments. She had pushed the boundaries of Sith alchemy and magic beyond anything the galaxy had known in the recent era, and she was searching for even more ways to do so. She had tormented those that deserved it, maybe a few that hadn't, but this right here was extremely personal. And the spirit should know... never cross a Sith Lady.

"I somehow doubt those fools knew or told her the price," she said. "I assume it was not difficult to manipulate those idiots in their alchemy guild to do your bidding, and a scared woman was the perfect mark for you."

Lightning flashed behind her.

"I want you to remember I offered you a way out, one where you could potentially come back without harming someone I care about. I might not be able to deal with you yet, my timetable is rather crunched, but you better hope you're powerful enough to finish your takeover in a week. I sense... you need at least another year, maybe a year and half to be at that point."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom