Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who said a brawl couldn't be beneficial?

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Abigail Meredydd"]

"A past without details. I would call that a sad past but that would be a bit cruel of me as even the loneliest of existences have merit and can be appreciated." She moved to sit at the lip of the building, trusting Abigail not to knock her from where she sat and her hand came to rub at her eyes. She was tired, but that was normal for her, and thinking about the past only made her more tired but she had said she would tell the woman more and the woman had told her more than enough.

"Well... to begin what you see is a bit of an illusion these days, two fold. What happened to cause me to use such to retain my appearance like what you see now was rather a mistake of my own. After being more or less raised by the Sith, I began to question their teachings and what I had been told. It wasn't long before I was in a battle against the Jedi and been given a chance to choose for myself what I wanted. Thankfully the Jedi understood and played along with my plan and I was soon freed from things. I didn't join the Jedi though, the Sith's programing kept me afraid of the Jedi for a long time." Her hand ran over her clothing and she looked down.

"After that, things were a bit rough, eventually I was put on trial by the Sith, executed, and returned to this world through the help of a very good friend. It took some time after that, and to be honest I'm about as new to the whole idea of being a Jedi myself, I do apologize if my teachings are a bit off from the main stream."

Abigail sat herself down beside Alexandra without missing a word she said. The woman was a Sith- or had been one at least. Abigail had always been taught to fear the Sith, much like Alex had apparently been taught to fear the Jedi. But Abigail could see the woman sitting beside her wasn't Sith anymore.

"You..you died?", she asked confusedly. "Can..can people be brought back from the dead?", she asked with big eyes. She hoped it weren't true; if people could be brought back from the dead, wars would never end, with the fallen from yesterday fighting again tomorrow.

Then it spoke to her. Weird sounds, like the wind of a storm. Abigail eyes slightly flickered as her attention wasn't focused on Alexandra anymore. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them again she saw an alley, two men, a hidden knife, confusion and fear. She didn't see a fluent event, she merely saw shots, like photos. The sounds continued for a bit longer before they stopped and Abigail looked at Alexandra again.

"Our friends have awoken.", she softly spoke. "They escaped, they broke free... But they won't be a problem, they are afraid... confused. And they will most likely avoid us- or at least you- from now on."

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra nodded when she asked about briniging people back from death, not taking the time to allow her to misunderstand or worry for too long. Alexandra felt the same way about such a situation, and it had taken her a long time to overcome the adverse effects. The Chief of which having been her dulled connection to the light, among the balance issues and how to move in this new body. That and the damned extra features, that of which she hid from her student for now to make their conversation easier without glances to the other body parts.

"Well, worry not, the power is rare and it is unlikely you will come to see its effects other than myself and a few select Sith. The power has massive detriments if used without proper preparation and even then it had taken me a long time to remove and repair the taint that had taken over my body. True resurrection is something that most will not attempt or have the abilities to replicate, leaving the ones they revive as husks or shells of their former self."

She relaxed her body and held up a hand and smiled.

"Though... I don't regret it being used to bring me back, there are people I have to protect and more I have to train. Speaking of which, I am not sure how much you know about Jedi, or their rules, but when you are my student there are a few alterations to that core belief system that Jedi hold." She leaned forward and thought about what to address first.

"As far as attachments and family go, should such things develop... I will not warn against having such, only that you understand fear as opposed to the want to protect them. If you fear their deaths or harm might come to them at any time, I ask you tell me of such, and if you wish to keep them silent to my knowledge until such a time, I will not hold such against you. Protecting your family is a belief I understand." She smiled and placed her hands in her lap, nothing but comfort coming from her smile.

Her smile then was turned to those that had been below them, running off and escaping from their bonds.

"Cute... They should have learned their lesson, if not I am sure I will find them again at some point, so no need to worry." Her eyes returned to Abigail and she smiled. "Do you have any more questions, I am happy to tell you anything you so desire to know. Assuming it is not a hassle on my part to do so."

Abigail nodded. "I understand. Although 'family' won't be a cause of worry for me", she replied. She also couldn't exactly think of any people close to her, but who knew what the future held in store for her.

A shiver ran along Abigail's back. Even after Alexandra's words, she still feared the thought of people being brought back from the dead, whether they were their full form or mere husks. It was especially unsettling because if Alexandra hadn't said anything, Abigail wouldn't have known. How many people were like her? She couldn't know- and that made her uncomfortable.

When asked whether she had any more questions, Abigail turned her head and stared into the distance. She couldn't believe she was really doing this. Wow..
She did have questions, a lot of them, but they'd be asked in due time. For now, the only thing she asked was,

"When do I begin?"

As she was still mostly blind to her surroundings, she felt nothing but a form of joy when she asked Alexandra when to begin. She didn't dare admit it, but she was excited for what was to come.
But she was blind, because she was both untrained and ignorant at the time. And because of this, she was excited while the Force around her was wary, feeling danger was near.
But Abigail refused to listen.

Alexandra Feanor

"You already have. The training began when I accepted your request and offered myself as your master. Patience is the first lesson so to speak, that and to let your mind wander and be free. You have lived with a mission in your mind for all your life, prepared to attack and do as you are ordered. I am not to give you such things yet, nor do I expect you to section off yourself and devote yourself to your training. Your growth is first as a being that lives beside and within the force, one who can let the force stand beside you." Her smile was turned on the woman and she thought about it.

"Being a Jedi, like I said is new for me. I am someone who am far more familiar with the idea of being one of those who stands in the middle of the light and the dark, a gray area, so to speak. It makes my place and my teachings different, and because of that it requires you understand what being happy and sad, angry and jealous mean. All things that your fellow beings would share and grow to understand. How often were you allowed to feel these basic human instincts while in your training, or how often were you allowed to even entertain the idea as the organization that raised you prepared you to become a Jedi?"

She waited for an answer from the woman, all of this important for them to start things with more defined training and with more focus on the physical and martial aspects of the force over the powers that the force grants. It also meant that the emotions connected to the force were important to her training, not controlling them or ignoring them, but instead acknowledging them and standing beside one's emotions, understanding them, and living with them growing and swirling inside of one's self.

"'The grey area'", Abigail softly repeated as she carefully thought about Alexandra's words. She didn't really know what this grey area was or what it meant, but she expected it to be some kind of middle ground, with neither light nor darkness.

Emotions, they were a difficult subject. At one time Abigail would be told to negate all of them only to be told a few hours later to become controlled by them.
"Well, I was trained to be a soldier for the Alliance, not to be a Jedi. That came later", she corrected Alexandra. "And emotion wise, it depends, I guess", she said as she looked back at Alex. "During training, I was mostly instructed to set my emotions aside and to ignore them. 'Only the mission matters'", she quoted. "Yet at other times during experiments, especially when I was much younger, I was encouraged- or I think sometimes even forced- to feel certain emotions. They wanted to see how he would react I guess", she mumbled without realising she hadn't told Alexandra anything about her strange relation with the Force.

Around her the Force seemed to calm down a bit, although it was still restless, moving around Abigail and her new master.

"But, I've recently had more training than experiments, so it's more common to ignore emotions for me. It's just a thing which helps during stressful or critical situations," she said," or at least that's what I've been told."

Alexandra Feanor

"Well, Like I said before, I do not want you to ignore them or shove them away. I want you to feel and allow every emotion, no matter which, to fester inside and be felt. I want you to tell me when you are consumed by emotions you generally, are unaccustomed to and to tell me when you feel something you particularly enjoy or hate... even those last two themselves. I will ask you never shove away your emotions, because understanding and acknowledging them allows you to combat those that are unnecessary for the moment. Even if you acknowledge an emotion, and embrace it, that does not mean it will control you. Rather that you accept its exists and it cannot control you at that point." She smiled and placed a hand on her chest, motioning to herself.

"For example, I am overjoyed in being able to find one who is quite similar to me as a student, It is almost like looking into a mirror from 40 years ago. Even if this new body seems to be the same age as yourself Abigail." She smiled and leaned forward to look down at the crowd again.

"I had old students before, and you are most certainly not the first. They were mostly failures, and me as their master twice fold a failure for each one. But I have faith that someone who is so similar to me might find my lessons of the past and take some hold from them, to learn from in ways I could not." Her eyes returned to the woman.

"Now, if you don't mind entertaining my curiosity, what did these people teach you, as far as your training to be a Soldier or a Jedi goes... specifically in the martial area?"

Abigail gave Alexandra a warm and genuine smile when the woman said she was overjoyed to have found her.
Alexandra was definitely a lot older than she looked, but that was sort of logical to Abigail, in a way. The whole reincarnation thing was probably the explanation.

What they teached her?
Where to begin?
Abigail looked back at Alexandra with a slightly tilted head. "A lot. Like, everything. But I'll limited what I'm about to say to the military training, don't want to be here all week", she joked. She thought for a short bit before she continued.
"They taught me how to shoot. Like a lot. I shot stuff everyday, so I've become quite good at it. Apart from that they learned me all the standard obedience and soldier stuff, but I'm guessing you're more interested in the fact that they also taught me quite a lot of hand to hand combat", she said proudly. "I swear I'm better than I've just shown you back there", she then said as the proud smile turned into a shy one.

"What you saw back there was the result of barely having any sleep for weeks", she then sighed, figuring that if Alexandra was really going to be her teacher Abigail might as wel tell her more. "They dumped me on a planet, you know", she said with a saddened expression. "My caretakers and the scientists were against it, but it was how the protocol was. After I completed my training, I was supposed to go find a Jedi Master, like you. So they just dropped me off at some busy planet, I don't even now its name. 'You'll find plenty here', they said. But I didn't. The first people I trusted were merely posing as Jedi, in short, I experienced a lot of bad chit during the last weeks. The agency then contacted me a few times, instructing me where to go, but they never helped me get there- no, getting there was part of my training."
She covered her mouth with her hands to hide her yawn. "The only times I slept were in some abandoned buildings", she shyly confessed as she stared towards the ground below her.
"I still don't have a place to go", she mumbled as she scratched behind her head. Since she had just gotten here, she had absolutely no idea where to go on her own.

Alexandra Feanor

"Well, I wouldn't worry about not having a place to go. The Jedi in the Republic have numerous temples, and my own personal residence on Alderaan is more than open to you. Infact, I remain there most of the time, when I am not needed back in Republic space so if you want to make it your home I have no issue with such. I just need to repair some of the old temple and get one of the rooms up and operating again, I let it fall apart in the last decade." She looked at the younger woman and smiled a bit wider as she looked back down at the city after.

"As for me being the genuine article, I can promise I am such. Which actually reminds me."

She paused and turned, moving to sit in a way that she could face Abigail and look at her more closely. Alexandra's hand came out and paused, hovering there in the air as she looked at Abigail in the eyes.

"If you don't mind, your friend makes me curious. I would like to learn more about it if I could, that is assuming you do not mind me poking around inside. I would not do so without your permission though, so if you are not ok with this, I will happily contain my curiosity. Your use of the force seems very disconnected and usually that leads to the existence of a separate being holding command over your connection to the force."

Abigail slightly leaned away from Alexandra's hand. Her eyes flickered between Alexandra's hand and her face.

"I-I..uh...", she stuttered as she tried to find her words. "Maybe another time, but not now. There's not much you could learn anyway", she sighed. "I know very little myself, and any previous attempt of those...", she gritted her teeth with frustration," 'researchers' always ended up with nothing. There's not much to discover. At least not that easily."

With apologizing eyes she looked back up into Alexandra's eyes, hoping to not have disappointed her. She had spoken the truth. When she was younger people had tried to look into her mind before, but it never really worked out. Almost never was something actually found and Abigail always ended up with a headache and an occasional nosebleed. It was almost like she had a cognitive shell around her mind.

But then she suddenly changed her mind. She wasn't going to get anywhere if she remained so suspicious of people or if she kept staying so distant. He sighed as she nervously fiddled with her fingers.

"Actually," she said as she looked towards the ground below her," maybe it's best if you 'see' for yourself."

She then turned back towards Alexandra. "You probably won't find anything though, but.... go ahead", she slowly said as she took Alexandra hand in her own and brought it to her face.

"It easier this way..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom