Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Who is Katherine Holt?

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Valery frowned and the rubbed the side of her arm. Even if everything she had seen been fake, it was still an uncomfortable thought that a projection of her had caused harm to Katherine. Every Padawan should feel safe around them — without that trust, there was nothing to build on.

Luckily, it seemed that Katherine's trust and comfort hadn't been taken completely.

"You couldn't have known, and after everything, I'm glad you were cautious. But more importantly, I'm glad you're okay, and that we found you." She offered the younger woman a smile and briefly looked at her husband.

Turning back, Valery tilted her head curiously.

Discovered something?

Kahlil_Div2.png

He couldn't say he was surprised, but it was also something he wished hadn't happened in the first place. He didn't want Katherine to have a memory like that, of Valery's face being the one behind her being stabbed. The only silver lining was that Katherine had found a place to at least be safe here. In her own mind. His expression almost soured again.

Moria had locked her here, and she would be paying for it soon enough.

"What did you find? Do you think it will help you wake up?"

Katherine Holt Katherine Holt | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Valery Noble Valery Noble
div1.png
She didn’t answer them initially, instead Katherine just stared into the fire, the flames seemed to shift along with the redhead’s mood.

Since being dragged into the depths here, I’ve been able to reclaim memories previously lost to me. Particularly of the time before I was found by the Alliance.

There had always been a significant gap in Katherine’s memories, one that was never able to be regained no matter what was attempted. The only time she ever got glimpses of her past were through nightmares.

I’m not real,” she began, pausing only because she knew the Nobles’ were likely to interject in response. “I’m not.” Katherine repeated, finally lifting her gaze from the fire and towards them.

I am nothing more than a 'personality', constructed from the formation of fabricated memories.

Last edited:

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery was about to interject, but stopped when Katherine repeated what she said. What she explained — the idea that she had been shaped that way — it bothered Valery to no end. How could anybody have manipulated someone like that? Someone as innocent and pure as katherine?

She wasn't going to accept Katherine looking at herself as not being real.

"You're so much more than that," Valery finally said. "You're a real person, Katherine. Someone who has grown into an amazing woman, and we love you."

"Don't let anybody ever take that away from you."

Feeling the gentle pat on her head, Katherine looked up at Kahlil. A small smile on her face, but it quickly fell away into a sigh.

I know, but that’s the convoluted question isn’t it?” The Padawan raised her hand, staring at it. “I know I’m me, but is this; my body, me?

Before I was ‘manufactured’ there was a whole other person, the actual person who was born in this body. Lorelei. It’s her memories you’ve been seeing on your way through.

With a wave of her hand, the smoke above the fire parted and formed into a type of projection. It showed the perspective of a young child, being dragged away as their home was burning before them.

My memory of this was screaming for my parents, who were still inside. But it wasn’t ever true.” The projection shifted, this time into a similar perspective, only there were a trio of adults within eyesight. Two of them were the same couple previously seen, the third was a Sith Empire governmental figure. As the child was being pulled away, she was crying for her ‘mama and papa’, only to not even get a glance from either parent.

They quite literally stitched together these two moments, forming them into a traumatic memory, one of many that would form ‘Katherine Holt’s childhood’.

She let out a sigh, running a hand through her hair. “Why go so far to create and implant a whole new personality into someone’s mind and psyche? Because they intended for me to be a sleeper agent. Manipulated the memories so deeply, that even a skilled mentalist wouldn’t be able to dig up the truth.

Unfortunately for Moirai and her lot, their plan got screwed up when the Imperials attacked the facility. I woke up before the process could finish.” Katherine looked over at Valery and Kahlil.

This leads me to my conundrum. Lorelei is still here, she’s the one who dragged me down into these depths. She believes if she can hunt me, wear me down enough, that she can survive.

And that’s why I can bring myself to confront her. What right do I have to be the one who walks away from this?

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

"There's... no easy answer to any of this," Valery began with a frown, "But you have a right to live, Katherine. You've already lived and formed bonds that matter. You matter." Valery seemed tense, almost like she just wanted to grab Katherine and hug her until the end of times. It wasn't okay for anybody to feel like this, but especially not at her age.

She had her whole life ahead of her.

Her life.

"Maybe we can find a way to separate you from Lorelei?" She looked at her husband — he was typically more versed in those types of things.

"There has to be something, but we're not going to lose you over any of this."

M977SXg.png

"It would not be impossible to put you in your own body, but at the same time, it wasn't either of your faults on what happened. Is there no way for you both to work this out?"

They were both alive, they were both people. There had to be something to be done so they could at least not hate each other. It wasn't either of their faults, after all. He glanced between Katherine and Valery before letting out a sigh.

"Where is she?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Katherine looked at Valery, shaking her head. “Separation isn’t an option. From what I’ve gathered, they intended for the Kraujas transformation to be the catalyst that causes assimilation. My mind would completely absorb Lorelei’s.

The Padawan sighed as she closed her eyes.

Fortunately, the transformation was interrupted as I was awoken earlier than intended. Unfortunately, however…the process never stopped, just slowed down considerably.

She looked over towards the waterfall, staring at the rushing waters. “Lorelei’s struggle is a futile one, she’ll be assimilated one way or another. It’s just been no doubt…a painfully slow thing for her.

Katherine stood up in response to Kahlil’s question, stepping around the fire to walk towards the waterfall.

She’ll be outside, no doubt lurking somewhere waiting for me to pop up again. Won’t take much to draw her out.” The redhead turned enough to glance back at the Nobles’. “Only reason she hasn’t found this spot is because I created some protective runes to obscure my presence.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery didn't like this at all and the frown she had showed it. The idea that nothing could be done to change the situation. She married a former Sith prince, had triplets, ended a war with a planetary wall of light, but she couldn't separate these two? Whenever things existed that were beyond her skillset, they usually could be handled by Kahlil as well.

But even he wouldn't be able to?

"The process was slowed down. It's already different. There has to be something more we can do." She looked at her husband for answers but knew he likely didn't have them either.

"Maybe a good place to start is confronting her here? Maybe it can help."

M977SXg.png

"You forget who you're speaking to. If it's souls, I can figure something out." His own had been entangled as a reservoir for his Father's, and just like Katherine believed now he didn't think there was a way to separate himself from that fate. But there had been. They would help both Katherine and Lorelie, because it was neither of their faults this happened.

"But yes, we should talk to her first."

Katherine Holt Katherine Holt | Valery Noble Valery Noble

The winged Padawan looked uncertain at Kahlil’s words, she had seen and felt the ‘decay’ that had set in already. Perhaps there was a way to still separate their souls, but Katherine felt it was impossible to shake the doubts.

It was like trying to separate a data file, caught it in the midst of being overwritten by something else.

But maybe, just maybe…they could find a way to give Lorelei a more peaceful resolution.

Katherine turned her attention back to the waterfall, and with a snap of her fingers a barrier formed in the middle of it, creating a pathway through it. Taking a moment for a deep breath, the redhead led the way out of the cave.

The immediate surroundings were unfamiliar to Katherine, but potentially less so to Valery and Kahlil. It was a jungle, specifically that of Onderon’s ‘Demon Moon’; Dxun. Why it was specifically that was a mystery, but it was a perfect recreation.

We won’t need to go too far, she’s always watching via some means or another.

Katherine followed along the dirt paths until the trio eventually made it to a clearing within the thick jungle. The winged Padawan cast her gaze upwards, staring up into the sky.

Here I am Lorelei, I know you can hear me! I’m right here, come and get me!

Several moments passed where seemingly nothing happened, until all everything around them suddenly fell silent. The air high above cracked with unseen power, a flash of lightning struck, forming a crack in the sky. From it, a figure glided out and hovered above the trio.

They lacked the wings Katherine had, but stood far taller than the Padawan, hell more than even Kahlil. Skin as pale as snow, and eyes as black as an abyss. Where Katherine’s hair was a vibrant red, theirs was ashen white, with only the slightest bit of red remaining.

Lorelei. Formed from the remnants of what Katherine should’ve been, if the Sithspawn transformation had been completed.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

"I've been here before," Valery said as soon as Katherine parted the waterfall and allowed them to step outside. Valery looked around with a frown and stayed just a tad closer to Kahlil. Onderon had been where she was woken up from stasis, but she had fought battles on this Moon as well.

It felt strange being here, even in a dream of sorts.

A crack in the sky drew Valery's eyes up. She watched the woman coming down and narrowed her eyes — this was her. Perhaps, this was their one chance to help this woman, who would otherwise be lost forever.

But would she cooperate?

"We don't want to fight you," Valery said. "We want to help you."

Lies,” Lorelei hissed. “You’re here to finish the job.

Her hands were twitching, eyes flicking between the three people before her. But the look of anger and rage was no more apparent than when she was looking at Katherine. It was obvious Lorelei wanted to attack the Padawan, but the Nobles’ presence made her hesitate.

I won’t let you.

Katherine was frozen to the spot.

She had walked out the cave with a sense of resignation, but a glimmer of hope that they’d be able to find a solution. Calling Lorelei out had stoked that fiery determination within her, only to get washed away when she finally appeared.

And for an overwhelming feeling of guilt to take its place.

Before this, the only time Katherine had really seen Lorelei, was when she had been dragged down here. And even then, it had only been a glance. From then on it had always been a chase between the two, right up until this very moment.

The guilt weighed heavily on the Padawan.

I did this to her…

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Valery noticed the sudden change in Katherine and stepped up behind her to place a hand atop her shoulder. A comforting touch to let her know that it was going to be alright. No matter what happened next, and no matter what Lorelei would do, she was going to help her husband bring Katherine back home.

"We don't want you to be hurt, Lorelei," Valery said, her tone calm and soothing.

The same voice she often had when talking to her children.

"We know of your situation and how you and Katherine are bound to each other. We don't yet have all the answers, but we want to try and help you both. My husband here has a lot of experience," Valery said, eyes shifting to Kahlil for his support. If anybody could do it, he would be the one.

She had to believe in him.

M977SXg.png

"Why are you letting yourself look like that?"

Kahlil tilted his head as he watched the girl. This wasn't her real form, what she could've been. It was the darkness she let herself fall into. The fear, the hate and hurt. He didn't blame her for it, but if this was the resentment she was going to hold, there was no fixing any of this.

"We can't help if you don't believe you need it, just so we're clear."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Lorelei didn’t say anything in response, but neither did her mood shift from its current state. But her glare did turn away from Katherine, landing on Kahlil instead.

‘Why are you letting yourself look like that?’” She repeated, in a mocking tone. “Because I prefer it!

You want to see the real me? Sure, I’ll spare you the gory details.

She snapped her fingers, and the Sithspawn appearance faded away, replaced with what seemed to be a replica of Katherine as they remembered her. But seconds later that form began to dissolve. Starting from her left foot, until only half of Lorelei’s body was visible.

It was like someone had cut an uneven line down across her body. Lorelei's left leg, arm, part of her torso and face were missing.

This is my true form, eaten away bit by bit because of that parasite still being in control.” There was nothing but bitterness in her tone, as she spoke of Katherine. “There is no helping me, that ship sailed long ago.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

"That ship sailed because you gave up and chose to hate and fight her, rather than work together." Valery sounded almost bitter herself now, but such was the case when she defended people she cared about. Katherine had the right to live as well, and she actually wished she could help the other. Lorelei, on the other hand, only cared about saving herself and wasn't afraid to let Katherine die for it.

Perhaps it stemmed from a fear of dying, but she needed Lorelei to see reason.

"Do you really want what's happening to you to happen to her as well? When we might be able to save you both, if you actually try to work with us?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom