Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Who is Katherine Holt?

Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Following the events of 'Wings of Possession'

div1.png

A few days had passed since Katherine had been partially possessed. Kahlil’s very timely arrival had ensured the ritual had never finalised, leaving Moirai with only part control over her daughter. Not unlike how half-finished the experimentations done to her had been, those that would’ve seen Katherine become a full on Sithspawn.

Ever since she had been returned to the Noble’s home, the Padawan had been slumbering in her bed. There hadn’t been any reactions from her, not even the slightest twitch. If it wasn’t for the fact she was still actively breathing, one could almost say she was dead.

The reality however, was that Katherine Holt was effectively in a coma.

A surface glance into her mind would find nothing initially, until one peered further into the depths of her mind, where a maelstrom of activity was swirling around like an angry storm. It obscured any attempt to peek beyond it, requiring a more delicate means to breach the barrier.

What awaited inside was a complete unknown. Had Katherine unknowingly done this to herself? Or had something else dragged her down into the deepest parts of her mind?

Kahlil_Div2.png

"She's still asleep."

Kahlil let out a heavy sigh as he took a seat beside Katherine's bed. He had a feeling she might still be asleep, but it didn't change how much he didn't like seeing it. Possession was a difficult thing to go through. And it being in the Nether certainly only made it that much worse. He imagined. That was the difficult part about all of this, he didn't know what to make of any of it. He glanced to the doorway, giving a brief smile.

"I'm honestly not sure what to do."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Valery watched from the doorway with her arms crossed in front of her chest. From the moment Kahlil had gone after her, Valery had been worried too. They cared for their Padawans like they were their own children, and Katherine had definitely earned that place in their hearts as well. To see her like this, asleep but without any signs that she'd be waking up... it was difficult.

"We'll figure it out. At least she's safe here now, so it can only get better from here." Valery returned his smile and briefly looked over at the window in her room. "I saw Vera scribbling some runes outside with that chalk you gave her. She told me that we should focus on Katherine, and to leave protecting the house to her." She snickered softly at the idea, and let out a little sigh. Leave it to Vera to be uplifting when things were getting hard.

"We can try to connect with her, and maybe wake her that way. Draw her out of her own mind. But..." Valery's hand gently settled on his shoulder. "How are you holding up? Not injured or feeling off?" She asked with her worries spouse tone.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm fine, actually. They didn't expect me to arrive as I did or as quick, so they weren't prepared in the slightest to fight me." The only thing that bothered him right now was the fact that Katherine hadn't woken up. It was a relief that Vera was so willing to make sure they were all safe here. He smiled at the thought, if briefly, before nodding. And frowning. "Connecting to minds isn't something I'm particularly good at. You're the only exception because of our bond. I suppose Serenity could come help again, though. That wouldn't be a bad idea."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery nodded, "Just wanted to make sure. It's your Padawan, so I know it can be hard." Valery, of course, cared a lot about Katherine as well, but she was Kahlil's Padawan and he was extremely protective of his students. Seeing her like that on her bed couldn't possibly be easy, and the only way to help was to go into her mind.

A risky thing in and of itself, but it also left them somewhat exposed. Luckily, they had Vera protecting the house, and Aris and Seszil were ready too. Not that she expected trouble, but better safe than sorry.

"Serenity and-"

"Me!" Chaos exclaimed as they appeared and swirled around the two Nobles. Serenity appeared right after, and was promptly tackles to get their ears nibbled by the fiery familiar.

"We can help! Right, Serenity?" Chaos grinned and kept moving around. They never sat still, and as always, Valery smiled a little sheepishly.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Yes, we can. We helped the last time after all."

Serenity spoke calmly shortly after they'd formed, even after they were tackled and gnawed on by Chaos. It was an every day thing after all for them. Kahlil just chuckled, gave Valery a knowing glance, then nodded in agreement. Like before, Serenity could at least be his bridge in. And with Valery, maybe they could get Katherine to wake.

"Then let's get started."

div1.png
Once the Nobles and their familiars were ready, taking what steps they needed to enter Katherine’s mind, they’d find themselves falling through a seemingly endless abyss. It didn’t take long for them to start feeling a ‘pull’, down towards the emotional-driven storm that was swirling about in the depths of the Padawan’s mind.

Until in a flash, their previous scenery shifted away from an abyss, and to a shoreline. Feet landing in the sand, that seemed to stretch for miles in either direction. The only other course of direction was the dirt path that trailed further inland.

And sitting just to the side of that path, atop a large flat rock, was a person. With a mane of grey hair, tied up into a warrior’s braid. And of course, an all too familiar pair of wings on her back.

Well, it took you long enough to arrive.” The voice sounded old, aged and worn. She turned her head in thought for a few moments, before speaking once more. “Sorry, that was rude of me.

The stranger stood up, standing at a height taller than even Kahlil. She turned around, revealing the last remaining strands of red hair. A single pale blue eye staring down at them, the other a misty grey.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Yeah, yeah. I know," Valery smirked and let the humor of the situation slowly fade into the background, while their familiars helped guide them into Katherine's mind. At first, the Nobles found themselves in a free fall, but before either of them could try to do something, their scenery shifted to a beach. The sound of the waves were calming to the mind, but Valery didn't feel at peace at all in here.

She was here for just one thing alone — she wanted Katherine back.

Reaching for Kahlil's hand, Valery briefly squeezed and looked around. At first, she simply took note of the environment, but as soon as the winged woman came into view, Valery's hand tensed into her husband's.

"...Katherine?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't believe that's Katherine."

Kahlil stared at the woman, a frown clear on his face. In this mindscape, anything could happen. Anyone could appear. Was this someone from Katherine's past, acting as a shield for her mind? That was the most likely result, from what he'd read.

Mindscapes weren't the type of place he had any real experience with.

"So what do we need to do?"

div1.png
Yes…and no,” she began, looking between the two Nobles. “I am a what if, a could’ve been or a never were.” As the woman spoke, particular features began to shift before them. Which eye was blinded, scars, burns, an absent limb, her wings damaged or entirely removed. “A possibility.

She turned away from them, heading off the beach and onto the dirt path. With a motion of her hand, she beckoned both Kahlil and Valery to follow.

I am simply the one at the door, to guide you along the first steps.

The woman remained silent for a while, leaving the two Nobles to talk amongst themselves. But it didn’t take long for her to speak up once more, seemingly anticipating one of the questions on their minds.

Katherine is currently trapped in the deepest parts of her mind, fighting for her survival. You’ll need to sift through memories, and find the right path that’ll take you to her.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

As they walked along the dirt path, Valery didn't say much, but reached down for her husband's hand. She interlaced fingers and squeezed to show just how worried she was. Katherine had very quickly and easily found a place in her heart — in the heart of all Nobles — and to hear that she was trapped in her own mind simply hurt. What if they now failed to get through her memories and recover her?

So much responsibility rested on their shoulders.

But Valery also realized what it must be like for her husband, who was her actual Master. She looked at him, smiled and decided that no matter what, she'd be there to support him if he needed it. "We got this, love. We're bringing her back," she said more confidently, before turning to the woman in front of them.

"Can you guide us into these memories?"

div1.png
The woman looked at them, a small, mysterious smile on her face. She was distinctly some version of Katherine obviously, but there were far too many differences for her to be a close similarity to the one they knew.

Namely, her smile didn’t quite reach her eyes.

It’s already done.

And just like that, the woman disappeared before their eyes. Some type of ‘haze’ fell over them, as if they had just crossed through a threshold. The two Nobles were left in silence initially, with only the wind to keep them company. But with that wind came a distinctive smell, one that was likely all too familiar.

That of smoke.

Suddenly, a streak of lightning tore across the sky above them, travelling the remaining length of the dirt path, before slamming into the ground. Their sight was obscured by the flash for a few moments. When it cleared, their eyes would fall upon the first memory.

A town that was caught in an infernal blaze.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

As the haze formed, and the two stood in silence with just wind around them, Valery reached for her husband's hand and squeezed one last time. A little sign of confidence and support, before they appeared in the first memory.

Smoke filled the air, and the familiar heat of an intense fire reached her skin even from afar. Her Keshian eyes settled on the burning village, and a deep frown formed. Was Katherine in there somewhere?

Valery glanced at Kahlil for a second before she stepped forward. "Stay close to me, love." Her eyes seemed to glow, as her mind connected with the fire. She wasn't sure how these memories worked, but if she could still tap into the Force, she could manipulate the flames and move them out of the way.

"Can you sense her? I'll clear the way for you."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"She's close."

A burning town was around what he expected. The Sith were nothing if cruel with how they chose to get their test subjects. And he had little doubt that wasn't what this memory would end up being. He nodded once to Valery, letting her manage the flame as he instead focused on the bond he shared with his Padawan. He'd find her in this, no matter what. He refused to leave her alone, at least.

Though if this was going to end up like his own memories he'd shared with Valery, or just a retelling of what had happened was yet to be seen.

div1.png
As the two Nobles made their way into the town, they’d find the flames malleable to their influence. Though only around their immediate area, any attempts to try and quench the fire as a whole were met with failure.

With Valery carving a path through the inferno, nothing was impeding Kahlil in following the bond that connected him to Katherine. It led them through a part of the town, into what was no doubt some kind of residential district.

Along the way, shadowy impressions flew past them. Like afterimages of people running, screaming for their loved ones.

Their trail finally stopped before a house, one that was engulfed in flame like any other nearby. Katherine had at one point spoken of a returned memory, of being forcefully taken from a place like this, yelling for her parents.

However, as the pair went to approach the building, the last remaining upstairs window suddenly exploded with a fiery roar. The bond between Master and Padawan was snuffed out at that moment, leaving nothing…

Until he felt the feeling of someone tugging at his leg. Looking down, he’d see a young redheaded child looking up at him.

Can you help me?” Her voice was quiet, almost barely audible amongst the coughing that followed. It was apparently she was suffering from some smoke inhalation. “I-I can’t find my parents.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"This place is disturbing," Valery commented while she allowed their way forward through the flames. "To see these images and shadows..." it reminded her of worse days in her life, and she tried her best to just not focus on them. Watching people lose their homes or loved ones was never easy. It's why she wouldn't give up on being a Jedi until the day her body no longer allowed her to be one.

Luckily, that was very far away.

"I think I'm starting to feel-"

Valery stopped abruptly, as a window exploded above her. She bent forward, her arms coming around her head to shield herself against falling glass, but she ended up lucky. None of the shards cut into her flesh, and by the time she had risen back up, Valery noticed the young redhead.

It hurt so much in her heart to hear her ask that question.

Kahlil_Div2.png

So this was then.

Kahlil walked passively through the memory, his gaze more focused on finding Katherine than experiencing the heat of the flames. Even as the window exploded, he didn't seem to react much. At least until he felt some of the glass cut across his brow. So the vision was more real than he thought. He frowned, looking towards Valery for a brief moment.

They were going to have to be extra careful here, then.

He blinked though as he felt something tug on him. Someone. He glanced down towards the young Katherine. And just smiled, ever so faintly before crouching down.

"It's dangerous here. We should leave. Your parents will want you safe for when they can search for you again."

div1.png
The child opened her mouth to speak, but instead a pained cry escaped her lips, and her hands immediately reached up to her head.

My head…it hurts. It hurts!

All of a sudden the fire around them froze in place, the sounds and smells disappearing within the same second. As the young girl winced in pain, their surroundings became distorted, and began to violently shift against itself. The reality of the memory seemed to be contorting, twisting into something different.

A quick gust of wind blew through the area, extinguishing the fire. The once charred buildings now looked untouched, as if they had never been damaged to begin with.

We need to move!” The child had left Kahlil’s side, and was now at Valery’s. She reached up, trying to tug against the Jedi’s hand, urging her to move towards a nearby building, one that just so conveniently had its front door open.

Bad people are coming, we need to hide.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"My head…it hurts. It hurts!"

Valery instinctively moved towards her, like a Mother rushing for their own child to protect or comfort them. She was about to wrap her arms around the girl, when the world around her seemed to freeze. The bright flames no longer flickered and the air itself seemed to have gone still.

Then, everything warped, and in an attempt to keep herself steady, Valery closed her eyes for a moment. When they opened once more, she saw how everything had changed. The building, the flames... she didn't quite understand.

"Bad people? Who are they? Who is coming?" Valery asked, even as she let herself be pulled along. A worried glance shifted to Kahlil, but she figured he'd be in the dark as much as she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom