Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Shadows Gather...

q0bxBIM.png

| [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] |​
Kashyyyk was quite a different sight in the nighttime darkness.

The moonlight filtered down from the sky and the tall trees cast inky shadows upon the forest floor. Off in the distance, Silver Rest and its occupants were… well, resting. That is to say, most had already found sleep this night – save for a few.

Valae Kitra was among the small number of folks still awake at this late hour. The Grandmaster had left her Jedi robes at home, and had opted for an ensemble that consisted of a black top and trousers. In place of her brown hood, she had one that was dark gray in hue. A few branches snapped beneath her boots, and she froze on the spot. Good one, Val. Perhaps being stealthy and quiet was just not her strongest suit.

But there were others within the Order that were quite gifted in that regard. That was precisely why she had called this secret meeting. Before they had left Voss, it had been decided that the Silver Shadows would be revived. And now on Kashyyyk, the elusive branch of the Order would soon be back in action. While it was the eventual hope that this organization would grow in number, for now it was best kept small. Valae had personally called only a chosen few – those she could trust, those she knew had interest in this so-called shadow work.

The glow of her light rod illuminated her path.

Up ahead, she could see the ruins that Andorreth had discovered. The area had a strange aura, one that had recently been cleansed. But there was something more that seemed to be residing beneath the surface. For now, the Grandmaster would wait for the Shadows to gather. Together they would descend the staircase and discuss matters most important.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
The message had been received and understood. Master Kitra had left a note under Stephanie’s door, skitting along the floor as she came in late one evening. It was brief. A location, a time, a small hand-drawn diagram and Valae’s signature. Sitting on her bunk, Stephanie looked at the diagram and tapped her finger on her knee. How interesting. It was in less than an hour that her Master wanted to meet.

And so the cool evening of Kashyyyk greeted her as she left the comfort of the Silver Rest for the long walk away from their grounds. She had a feeling this was about the Silver Shadows, a notion mentioned by a few of them to re-ignite the old group of Jedi and agents who acted above and beyond the call of the code to gather intelligence, track targets and be eyes and ears where others dared not.

It sounded right up her street, and she walked with enthusiasm and excitement in seeing what was to come.

The woodland got a little thicker as she progressed, the full moon above casting natural light down for her, but still stumbling and snapping twigs here and there. Really smooth, Steph.

Looking at the diagram, hitting the markers Valae had noted, Stephanie felt a chill in the air as she crested a small outcrop to see some ruins buried amongst the foliage and years old fauna and bracken. So this was the place. Away from everything just as it was rumoured to have been on Voss, a place hidden within the Force itself and buried by nature. She stepped carefully forward to the gaping black void, moving some green vines that hung low above her. To the side, a figure sat perched on a large moss covered boulder.

”Well this is omnious,” the Padawn quirked to her Master.

She crumpled up the paper tight in her fist and pocketed it.

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

I'd been placing sensors around what was to be our new headquarters for The Silver Shadows. Then I heard twigs snapping...I'd been here most of the day anyways getting things set up. Moving effortlessly through the trees and foliage I smiled to myself as the Grandmaster and Miss Swail arrived. Then I moved like my name. Vespera, evening star.... Coming up behind both Master Valae and Stephanie I de-activated the stealth field generator I had active on my armor.

"Ominous indeed Stephanie." Seeing her jump was of great amusement to me. I'd always been good at stealth when I chose to be. "Good evening Master Kitra, Stephanie sorry for the jump scare I've been out discreetly placing sensors around this location. The ominousness is part of this places natural defenses, the predators of Kasshyyk another. Master Kitra, are we awaiting another? If so we can wait a bit longer but should start moving into the ruins soon, I've got a low repulsor field running to keep the predators away but it's on a timer too. Tends to keep the illusion of the place being unoccupied if blood-thirsty creatures are about."

My eyes were scanning the trees along with the ridges and pathways...if we were expecting another they might should pick up the pace. I'd set the timer to de-activate about 15 minutes from when the first person showed up. That'd been about five minutes ago which gave whoever may still join us around ten minutes left to get here....

[member="Stephanie Swail"] ~ [member="Valae Kitra"] ~ [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

So it looked like the Shadows were to be revived once more. During Arisa's tenure as Grandmaster, the organization had been shut down due to staffing issues and systemic corruption, but it was being given a second chance at life under Valae. Jyoti thought it was a good start having the Grandmaster herself involved providing direct oversight, as it should be.

A handrawn map had been provided to Jyoti by Valae, which instructions appear during a certain time in the dead of night. It was tricky navigating through the jungles of Kashyyyk at night, full of all sorts of terrors that would love nothing more than to make a snack out of a Jedi.

She had no problems herself navigating through the jungle, though, moving as silently as a ghost. The Echani looked much the part too, her silver hair and white robes glowing under the pale moonlight.

Near her final destination, she could pick out the familiar auras of Valae and Swail, as well as a third Force Sensitive. She broke out into the clearing to see Valae and the other candidates gathered near the entrance of the subterranean Enclave.

"Good evening." said with a small bow. Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper but was carried right to each of their ears by a precise application of projection with the aid of the Force.

"I'm glad the old Shadow base was move to somewhere less...extravagant."

The base before this one has been a castle in the middle of rivers lava. Definitely not the best venue for a clandestine organization like this.

[member="Andorreth Vikar"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Trailing far behind Jyoti, Raven stalked the master on her way to the ruins. Though normally she would be in her room reading, or asleep even, tonight was an exception. It was only due to seeing the Grandmaster donned in darker clothing as in to blend in with the night was her curiosity piqued. Yet, she didn't follow until she had witnessed multiple other masters of the same sort walking in the same direction.

Truthfully, she knew she shouldn't have followed, but she could not help herself. And so, she decided to tail after making attempts to suppress her aura as so she wouldn't be detected. She didn't know whether she had succeeded in this or not, but she would certainly find out.
She didn't follow much by sight, but rather her detection of the Force Sensitive as she made her way through the forest. It was a wonder to her how she herself hadn't found herself lost in the forest at this time of night yet. Perhaps if she were to have left her room, she would have.

Once she had laid eyes upon the subterranean ruins so inconspicuously buried under a fair amount of brush, she found herself in surprise. She hadn't expected a meeting of such secrecy. But where else would one go to set up something of this sort?

Upon seeing three other figures, she ducked deeper beneath all of the brush, basically lying on her stomach under bushes and such to avoid detection as best she could. Given her distance, she could still see or hear nothing. For now, she just had to wait until they all moved further into the ruins.

Liuna

L
In the growing darkness, Liuna made her way through the forest with ease. Her lithe form found its way between the large tree trunks, and her feet stepped lightly upon the ground. A single glow-rod in hand, the green-skinned woman squinted through the trees. Glancing down at a hand drawn map, she figured that she must be quite close.

The Mirialan came into the woods tonight looking for purpose.

Liuna had faced the fact that she would be unable to return home anytime in the near future, and now she needed a new cause to occupy her time. The Silver Jedi Order had her gratitude, for they had tried to bring freedom to Mirial. And as a result, they had her loyalty, too. But she didn’t truly fit in, she still felt like such an outsider.

She was hoping that this meeting might change things. After a brief conversation with the Silver Jedi’s Grandmaster, she had learned about a quiet organization called the Shadows. They operated under the radar. This sort of thing held a certain appeal. Quiet steps brought her closer to the area; her eyes scanned the dim area. There were figures up ahead; they seemed to be gathered in the middle of some ruins. Liuna didn’t announce her presence, but acknowledged the others with a small nod. For now, she would simply wait and listen.

Hmmm....Interesting at least two more had come. Turning to look at the lass in white robes who also had the white hair of the Echani I brought my right fist horizontally against a vertically facing left palm in an old Echani gesture of respect. "In my experience extravagance does two things, paint you as a target or marks you as someone of note also making you a target." Noting another who'd made her way here I also noted her attempt to seem nondescript, to simply blend. A useful trait in intelligence for sure, a third had arrived as well though she likely didn't know I'd already marked her position, one of the perks of having placed sensors before even Master Kitra had arrived. Having night vision and a hunter's instincts helped too, though to be fair I'd been trained prior to my association with the Jedi Order by an incredibly gifted Mandalorian assassin.

Pivoting on my boots heel I looked towards the brush where I could see the young lady hiding. She'd done a great job of tactical overlook position and likely would've been able to get the drop if I'd not already put up sensors and tied them into my tactical readout in my helm. Looking towards her location I raise my voice and said "It's alright young miss, none of us here mean you harm. If your curious I urge you to come down then sensors in the area are also a sonic barrier to keep the beasts of the Shadowlands at bay. They're on a timer though and it's almost up which mean whatever tracked your movements through the bush to this point will hunt you and want you as its' dinner if you're not down here when those sensors time out." I didn't mean to frighten the girl but she was better off down here with all of us, if something had tracked her It'd die before it could touch her though. As it was my Verpine sniper rifle was loaded and I was ready to defend anyone should the timer run out. Hopefully she'd come down though...

[member="Valae Kitra"] ~ [member="Stephanie Swail"] ~ [member="Jyoti Nooran"] ~[member="Raven Sorenova"] ~ [member="Liuna Ondizi"]

Valae turned and smiled warmly to Stephanie. “It is a mite ominous, isn’t it?”

Just as she was about to chuckle, the form of Andorreth appeared behind them. It seemed that the beskar-clad man had been here all along.

“Good evening,” She spoke with a nod, “It’s good to see you again.” Valae listened as he explained that he had already been working to secure the ruins and keep the predators away. “Very nice work,” She added, taking a look around.

The whisper of a voice found her ear next, that of a young Echani woman. Recognizing it immediately, she glanced to the side to find Jyoti. “Yes, we wanted to find a place that blended in with the landscape – Andorreth here found us the perfect spot, if I do say so.”

As the group continued to grow, the Grandmaster gave a small nod to the Mirialan that had joined. She knew that Miss Ondizi had been present with their forces during the invasion of her home world. And though things had not ended as they hoped, they could only move forward now. Valae quirked a brow as Andorreth addressed an unseen presence – that of a young woman in the bushes.

“I believe we are waiting on at least one more,” Valae said with a nod, waiting to see whether or not their newest visitor would be revealed.

[member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Liuna Ondizi"], [member="Raven Sorenova"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Cassius Droma had no idea what he was getting himself into. Earlier in the day, he’d received a small note pinned to the boarding ramp of the Stardust Melody, where he was staying as he hadn’t been assigned quarters yet. The note was handwritten, which was a rarity in today’s world, and had a small, simple map drawn onto it. Due to the clandestine feeling of the note, the young archaeologist had elected to commit it to memory, and then burn it.

With his A180 blaster drawn, Cassius trekked through the woods, his lightsaber still dangling from his belt. In addition to the unorthodox choice of weapon for a Jedi, he also wasn’t wearing his typical robes: his forest green flight suit was the main article of clothing, and black boots, black utility belt, and black jacket accented the ensemble. After recent events, he didn’t feel worthy to wear them. Not to mention the fact they weren’t exactly designed for stealth.

He primarily used the Force to navigate, since he’d heard that the lurking beasts of the night were attracted to light sources in addition to scents. The less he gave the animals to track, the better. Due to the thick canopy of the trees and the time of night, it was nearly pitch-black as he walked, but he managed to make a path towards his destination.

Voices up ahead. Cassius slowed his gait, listening, the grip on his blaster tightening ever so slightly. Once he identified the voices as familiar, he let out a breath and continued his walk, eventually coming to the clearing where quite a few people had gathered. Some he recognized, like Grandmaster Kitra and her Padawan, Stephanie Swail. Others, not so much.

Holstering his blaster, he spoke in a low tone, his deep voice carrying far enough for them to hear. “Sorry I’m a little late,” he said.

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Raven Sorenova"] | [member="Liuna Ondizi"]

The foliage would rustle about as the young female would make her way towards the group of people. Once she made it to the clearing in which they stood, she stopped just at the edge of it, ready to fade back into concealment at a moment's notice. Even if it wouldn't be necessary, it was still basically second nature to her; to almost always be near the nearest exit to either escape, cover, or concealment.

There she stood, her right hand gently held her left arm across her torso. She was waiting for some sort of berating, as she was not supposed to be there as far as she knew. Her head was tilted towards the ground, her eyes looking up past her raven haired bangs at the group. Only momentarily, as she could not bring herself to continue looking at them all as she apologized.

"My apologies," her soft voice passed through her lips.
"I know my presence was not warranted nor requested..."

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Andorreth Vikar"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Liuna Ondizi"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Acknowledging the newcomer I walked up beside the apologetic girl and I said softly "You I think young miss have a great deal of potential here. As it is The Force frequently allows things to happen also, had I not put sensors up or been wearing armor with night vision setting I'd have likely missed you." Shouldering my scattergun and racking the slide I pointed to the ruins and said "As everyone seems to have made their way here I suggest that we begin heading underground. Follow me quickly if you please." Heading towards the arched doorway I headed inside and once at a natural winding staircase and simply kicked a stone over the edge activating the warm lighting I'd set up alongside a somewhat rudimentary system of power. As it was I was fairly certain that we could install both geo-thermal and hydro-electric power through generators and such later. Heading down the staircase I led them all the same way I'd come to face the Terantatek earlier.

As we headed deeper into the place I waited until everyone had stepped onto a smooth metal platform then hit the the panel where stone glowed from underneath. "I'm still learning this place myself so you'll forgive me that there's not too much active yet." Suddenly the sound system came on on the level as the sonic emitters timed out and shut off. Following came mournful calls of ancient predators spaced out through small speakers I'd set up. As if in response the screeches and hisses of predators roared back in response. The rock I'd placed my palm on began pulsing as we began the ride down to what I'd stopped exploring at. The Terantatek chamber, odds were that it'd appeal to certain people here with the statues and runes etched into solid stone.

[member="Raven Sorenova"] ~ [member="Cassius Droma"] ~ [member="Valae Kitra"] ~[member="Liuna Ondizi"] ~[member="Jyoti Nooran"] ~[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Valae watched as Raven stepped forward. Indeed the young woman had not been invited into the woods, but she was here now. She knew that curiosity had drawn her here, not ill-intent or malice. Heaving a bit of a sigh, she reinforced Andorreth’s invitation to the girl, and waved for her to join them.

“So you know,” She said as the dark-haired girl approached, “You’ll be sworn to secrecy – everything you see and hear tonight must not be spoken of.” Her tone was quite ominous, much like the current setting. “Or else, suffer the consequences…” But really, she was half-joking.

Glancing up, she saw Cassius make his way over. “Better late than never,” She responded, “Good to see you again.” It had been some time since she’d seen him in the healing halls of the Silver Temple on Voss, but it was nice to see the pilot up and on his feet. She’d even taken a gander at his ship earlier, admiring it from the outside – quite nice, if she did say so.

Before her thoughts started to stray, she pulled her focus back to the moment.

It was time to get the meeting started. As they began their descent into the ruins, her eyes widened slightly at the sound of beasts. But there wasn’t anything to fret about; they were quite safe within the underground structure. As the chamber opened up before them, Valae waited for everyone to filter inside.

“Thanks very much for coming out tonight, I appreciate it.” She started with a smile, “Now, you’ve all been brought here because I think you’d be ideal to work with the Silver Shadows.” Valae cleared her throat and spared a glance at Raven. “We’d like to revive this branch of the Order. We’re starting new here on Kashyyyk, so it seems like a good time to get eyes and ears out there.”

She clasped her hands.

“We don’t know what the future is going to bring, but I think we should be ready for anything. First off, I don’t see a need for assassins… but some agents certainly wouldn’t go amiss.” Valae looked to the group. “Do y’all have any ideas off the top of your heads? I’m all ears.”

[member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Raven Sorenova"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Stephanie Swail"]

One person attempted to sneak up on the gathering and observe from a hiding spot in vain; they wouldn't have much luck doing so with a group of trained psychics. One member and Valae herself called out for the person to reveal themselves, the interloper turning out to be Raven.

Jyoti snorted. The former thief still couldn't help but slink about.

Perfect fit for the Shadows.

Valae then launched into the meeting with an introduction citing her desire to revive the Silver Shadows, though she indicated that she didn't want to see the Shadows become like assassins they were in the past.

"I agree that the Shadows shouldn't be employed as bagmen." There were much better options for that, but she didn't point that out. "Our primary function should be to act as the eyes and ears of the Silver Order, gathering information and taking direct action as necessary."

"While we regularly wage war with the Sith and Imperials, we actually don't know too much about them, certainly not their internal politics or hierarchy. That would be a good start for the group, outside our usual taskings like artifact retrieval."

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Andorreth Vikar"] [member="Raven Sorenova"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Liuna Ondizi"] [member="Stephanie Swail"]

I had many ideas...some of them involved the young girl who was so gifted with stealth. Valea joked but in all seriousness that soft spoken girl had a great deal of potential. She could silently lift information as a pick-pocket, overhear conversations as a street rat, she could fit inside ducts and overhear meetings or plant listening devices. She had a great deal of potential... "Well on my end and due to some of my skills and networks we could go ahead and set up several safe-houses across several planets. Specifically planets that hold either tactical importance or that would make for surveillance outposts. One place on planet to work from, one to live at, and another fallback position if discovered. As is, the girl...she has potential to reach a great many places and gather information unseen by the public."

I looked at the girl who'd apologized for intruding. The other young woman a Mirial had....a warrior's grace to her. I noticed a blaster at her hip and wondered if she'd used blades before. I also wondered about pairing her and the young lady who'd been quietly observing us earlier. Could work, sometimes it was better to work alone and sometimes there was wisdom in pairing people. "Also as one person can be a threat and two a force of nature I'd suggest if that were what we wished to do then to pair up people into at minimum two man or woman teams." We were still descending when after my bit to be said the lift stopped and opened revealing the chamber where I'd killed the Terantatek.

7d8d15874432a08a4380de9b10700b04.jpg
"Do mind which tunnels you wander into...I've yet to figure out what's in all of them yet. Might be better to have probes explore some... Halls to the left and right of the chamber have been cleared and house some modern but old architecture. I'll leave it to the Grandmaster to decide what's to be done yet." I cut my eyes to Valae, my gaze lingered on Stephanie, then the quietly observant girl, then the Mirial young woman as I began walking towards the center of the room. I had my thoughts about what would be best for this place but as I wasn't the Grandmaster I'd wait now fro Valae or anyone else to speak...

[member="Liuna Ondizi"] ~ [member="Jyoti Nooran"] ~[member="Valae Kitra"] ~[member="Raven Sorenova"] ~ [member="Cassius Droma"] ~ [member="Stephanie Swail"]

He nodded to Grandmaster Kitra as she acknowledged his presence. “Same to you, Grandmaster,” he said. The young pilot would be forever grateful to her after she helped treat the injuries he’d sustained from battle. They hadn’t spoken for a long time, but the last time he saw her was after the Mirial invasion on the tarmac. Things looked grim then – hopefully it wouldn’t last. The change of location certainly helped.

As they made their way down to the large chamber, the anthropologist in Cassius couldn’t help but marvel at the stone carvings. As far as he knew, the Wookies made everything primarily out of wood. So, who then, carved all of this? Jedi? Sith? Another, perhaps more ancient people? He had to pull his thoughts back into the moment as Valae spoke up, beginning the meeting.

The Silver Shadows… although Cassius couldn’t say he was familiar with the group due to his new status in the Silver Jedi Order, he could infer just what it was: a clandestine operations outfit meant to do things under the radar for the Silvers. His suspicions were confirmed by the blonde-haired woman. At least their priorities were outlined and still seemed distinctly Jedi: gather intelligence, no assassinations. Seemed simple enough. He perked up at the mention of gathering artifacts, though.

“Artifact retrieval,” he echoed the woman. “I can do that.” His arms behind his back, he looked around the room once more, looking at the stone work. “I’ve become something of an amateur archaeologist as of late… it’s how I became a Jedi, actually.” The surrounding area brought back that same rush of excitement he’d felt when he was exploring the caverns on Rinn. “I’m also a pretty decent pilot, too. In case anyone needs a ride.”

The man who had apparently discovered this area mentioned setting up a network of safehouses, as well as pairing up with other Shadows. Cassius had found that he worked the best alone, but he wouldn’t be opposed to working with others – as long as it was a partner, and not a huge group.

“If there’s anything I’ve learned over the past few months and years… is that wars are too often fought with hammers,” he looked around at the small number of people in the room, “when a scalpel is much more effective.”

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Raven Sorenova"] | [member="Liuna Ondizi"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Stephanie followed the group, smiling to each who crossed her gaze, and felt a nice little number had arrived to form the basis of this new unit.

The cavern they descended to was magnificent, a real secluded and hidden place that seemed to swell with Force energy and that of great comfort to the Light. There was no fear here, not in her heart anyway.

She took a little walk around the perimeter of the group and looked up at the architecture, partly natural and partly man-made.

"Where we stand, there is hope. It doesn't matter the place. This will be an important day, and the Silver Shadows can help pull more of our Order together and develop the skills and progression of any wanting to join."

Her words were partly to herself, partly out loud. Stephanie looked to her Master for a view on where to take things - the Shadows of the past were known to be near assassins; doing the job no Jedi dared to do. That mandate had to change in order to breathe new life into the Order and battle the new threats of the galaxy that they faced.

[member="Cassius Droma"] |[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Raven Sorenova"] | [member="Liuna Ondizi"]

Raven trailed behind the group. While her presence and potential was welcomed, she still had no idea exactly what was going on. What was this? What was she going to be sworn to?

Though it may have only been a joke, the amount of secrecy and the atmosphere around the situation in general only made her think that she would be sworn to something. Which wouldn't be all to terrible for her, as she thought it. But as the situation unfolded before her, she was caught by surprise. She never expected to get wrapped up to this degree in something of this extent.

Though as foreign and somewhat terrifying to her as it were, she couldn't help but feel a little excited about all of the unknown knowns, and known unknowns.

For now, she did what she was best at: staying aside, and staying silent.

[member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] |[member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Liuna Ondizi"] |

Liuna

L
As she descended into the chamber with the rest of the group, the Mirialan stayed silent. Her eyes drifted around the dim surroundings, this was quite an interesting hideout. She guessed that there wouldn’t be much of an issue keeping it hidden, few would think to trouble this place – save perhaps for the wayward wanderer that just happened upon it. Her brows rose slightly as members of this Shadow organization began to speak.

While this would be a good base of operations, the unseen forces of any organization were best when they were in many places. Eyes and ears had to be everywhere. And when they couldn’t be, that was why you employed certain folk to help.

“It wouldn’t hurt to make friends,” She spoke up finally, “Friends in low places.”

A small smirk tugged at the corners of her lips.

“I say we pay some visits to some of the… shadier places around at some point, get to know the infochants.”

Sure, there were some here that needed to keep their image pristine – the Grandmaster, and maybe even her apprentice. But Liuna didn’t mind getting her hands a bit dirty.

Valae cradled her chin thoughtfully as Jyoti spoke up. She gave a nod to signal that she agreed. It was very true that they knew little about their enemies in terms of their inner workings. Of course, there was a nagging feeling inside the Grandmaster that panicked at the thought of sending her people into such dangerous situations. She was much the mother hen in that respect. However, she knew that the men and women gathered her tonight were aware of the risks.

“I agree that we need to get started setting up our network here in the sector.” Unlike Voss, things were just getting started here on Kashyyyk and the surrounding worlds. “Perhaps we should start by installing some outposts on neighboring worlds – Sneeve and Torgoria come to mind.”

The girl, Raven, came up again. Valae glanced her way and let her eyes linger there for a moment.

And then, as the Mirialan spoke, her chestnut gaze shifted back and forth.

“Yes. Maybe Trandosha would be a good place for that. I’ve heard there’s all sorts of colorful folk there. It would be a nice start for you, and perhaps for Raven, too.” Valae nodded to the green-skinned woman.

Valae smiled as she glanced over at Cassius. “Of course. A bit of finesse is always a good thing.” A small chuckle escaped her. “At any rate, I’m sure your piloting skills will be put to very good use.” She canted her head to the side slightly, “Artifact retrieval would be an interesting venture. There are empty spots in our archives that could use some filling in.”

Pressing the palms of her hands together for a moment, she gave the group a final look over. They seemed ready and willing. It seemed that they had the ideas and energy needed to get started.

“Well, it’ll be nice to have the shadows back in action. I look forward to seeing your work.”

[member="Raven Sorenova"], [member="Stephanie Swail"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"]
Feel free to reply, but I think this is ready to start winding down. I'd like to move us into a new mission fairly soon.

I'd stayed out of the way for a bit now and after Master Valae had spoken I looked towards the Mirialan young woman and the quiet girl. "Master Valae I mentioned I have connections and there are a few things that might need some work here. However I would volunteer to go with the young lady who's interested in low places as well as the young lady who has a gift for stealth. I may be able to help get them some connections started and get a foothold on Trandosha or wherever they are to be sent. Couldn't hurt to send someone to get them started...who also has a gift for suppressing problems and....aggressive negotiations. I can also work with Miss Swail afterwards if she'd care to?"

Moving back towards the group I pulled my helmet off and after clipping it to my beskar breastplate I ran a hand through my hair. "Also Master Valae, if it's not too impertinent a question you are Grand Master of the Order and are in charge of a great many things. Who is to be tasked with I guess overseeing the Shadows?" I knew that someone would need to take charge of this branch I just hoped it was someone that had an idea of how operations like this usually were conducted. Seras would've been perfect for this but I hadn't heard from her in a good while.... I looked forward to change. Hopefully by volunteering to escort and oversee the padawan and young Mirialan woman's transition and set up wherever they'd be sent I could start showing that I wasn't just another smuggler or merc wearing Beskar. Maybe Prudii'kad would mean something noble again...

[member="Raven Sorenova"] ~ [member="Stephanie Swail"] ~ [member="Jyoti Nooran"] ~ [member="Liuna Ondizi"] ~ [member="Cassius Droma"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom