Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Where It All Began [ Jedi Watchmen & New Jedi Order ]

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Peace
Sometime before the attack on Jedha and Jakku...

Dust covered halls waited patiently for his return. Specters haunted these corridors, formed from the memories of happier times. Times spent in preparation for something greater than any one Jedi could accomplish. Dreams were born here, held aloft by those hopeful few. Those dreams fell apart when the Jedi could not come together. The Silver Jedi sought unity under their terms. The Core Alliance would not blindly follow those who abandoned the Core once, especially when they refused the cooperation of the High Republic. Left to their own devices, a young generation of Jedi struck out on their own. They lacked the guidance of an older, wiser generation. All they had was a desire to do better. To be better.

Had they succeeded?

Corin stopped at the meeting chamber's vast entryway. He ran a hand along the wall to his right, ignorant of the dust kicked up in his passing. Dozens of seats circled a central podium once used by his missing mentor, Wyatt Morga.

Corin's eyes wandered past, seeking a familiar corner where he and his master, Cedric Grayson, stood apart from the others. Cedric hadn't been popular among the others of their kind. His imperialistic views marked him as an outsider to the more democratic minded Jedi. Those unaware of his political views found the scarred man unbecoming of their path. He faced threats as he'd been raised to. Head on, saber held high. A warrior's pride drove him to be the best. A pride he passed on to his young apprentice, Ryv Karis.

Now standing upon the podium, Corin turned a circle. He studied the empty room in silence, his features stoic.

Everything had been easier here on Peace. The only decisions he ever made were related to cleaning tasks or droid maintenance. Yet, others followed him. Auteme, Aaron, Loske, Maynard... Inspired by whatever sense of purpose he found in these hallowed halls, they stood at his side through dozens of battlefields, upon dozens of planets. When Wyatt burdened the young knight with the title of Sword, he could always rely on the bonds forged within these halls.

Corin spent the following years questioning whether or not he lived up to the expectations of his former mentors and closest allies.

The Sith Empire fell nearly a decade after their departure from Peace. Betrayal came next. The Alliance turned their back on him, then the Order he founded. With the dissolution of the Triumvirate, tensions were sure to rise. Would these problems fall on the shoulders of the New Jedi Order?

Corin frowned, lowered himself to his knees, and fell into silent meditation.

Answers would come with time.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn | Creuat Creuat | Zaka Zaka | Watchmen + NJO Welcome

"I name you the Sword of the Jedi. You are like tempered steel, purposeful and razor-keen. Always you shall be in the front rank, a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends. Yours is a restless life, and never shall you know peace, though you shall be blessed for the peace that you bring to others. Take comfort in the fact that, though you stand tall and alone, others take shelter in the shadow that you cast."
―Luke Skywalker​

Peace.

It's such an ironic name, after all, isn't it? A fledgling concept that none of his friends seem to have ever felt. An impossible state for which they all strove for but never seemed to reach.

Here, on this half-derelict space station, was where it all had begun. A lifetime of war. It's the first time the raven-haired Jedi sets foot on it but he could feel its significance. Echoes of the past flutter through the Force whispering of the day Ryv had risen his blade as a sigil of hope for the galaxy against the darkness.

Light steps carry him through the empty space station - somehow reminiscent of the Jedi Temple they had recently lost - to the hall where the Sword silently meditated. Something Dag's never been good at. He wonders for a moment whether to interrupt him before finally speaking with a low tone.

"Uh...Ryv?" too silent, he clears his throat and tries again, "Never had you for the meditating type." he smirks as he leans on the door frame with arms crossed. It was odd to see a resemblance between the Sword and Asmundr.

Ryv Ryv | Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn | Creuat Creuat | Zaka Zaka | Watchmen + NJO Welcome

Kai’s arrival was preceded by that of a little black and gold droid that skittered across the floor on two legs. Blue light swept across the walls and ceiling and furniture of the meeting hall as the BD unit scanned everything of interest. Its lens-like eyes briefly honed in on the two Jedi already in the room, before it scampered back over to Kai, leaping onto the doppelganger’s back and twittering excitedly about its findings.

The ancient space station was a lot to take in, a strange structure that mixed the organic with the technologic. It seemed wholly alien and yet weirdly familiar to Kai, like the ghost of a past life. He would’ve come here just to check the place out, but any and all New Jedi had been drawn to this meeting by a special summons.

Kai didn’t know what this meeting was about exactly, but he had a few ideas. With the Jedi Temple on Coruscant mostly destroyed, many Jedi were left looking for a new home. Peace was providing the displaced with sanctuary. He’d also heard rumors about the NJO severing its ties with the GA, but couldn’t be sure. They were in a chaotic time, full of uncertainty.

So far it looked like only two other people were there. Kai recognized Dag, of course, but not the bearded man kneeling on the floor. He greeted them both with a silent wave, not wanting to disturb the shaggy fellow’s meditation.

K N I G H T
cj2JhgK.png
Strange.

Tranquil and a strong connection with the Force. It’s history enigmatic, but this...artificial planet sure had a connection to the Jedi.

The first time he had ever stepped on this rock, but not the first time he had heard of it. Supposedly this was where a Jedi of his generation was anointed as the Sword of the Jedi, and lead a righteous crusade against the Sith Empire. A crusade that lasted about a decade.

He was called to here.

Why?

Who was this Grayson? Related to the Grayson from the Ashlan Crusade?

He was not the first to heed this stranger’s call. He recognized one out of the three men.

“Dagon? You were called, too?”

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
One eye cracked open at Dagon's greeting.

"Meditation was always the most difficult exercise for me growing up," Corin admitted. He looked away from his protege to Kai, offering a nod. "Hello, stranger."

Corin slowly stood, the motions fluid. He dusted away an outer layer of grime with his one hand, obviously annoyed from the messy station. Months were spent cleaning this damn place. Why he outright abandoned it was beyond him for only a moment. Memories of childlike pride surfaced immediately. He wanted to separate himself from Wyatt's organization too. Likely due to the feelings of abandonment as yet another prominent male figure in his life disappeared. Easier to run from those feelings than face them head-on.

Always was.

"Bars get lonely, even with a bunch of ankle-biters running around. My first few months in the slums were dull when I wasn't fixing up the End of the Road. Kids only opened up to me after I earned their trust. So," he motioned to where he sat a moment before. "I meditated. Learned to quiet my mind and listen to everything the Force offered to tell me. I found out a lot."

Flashes of one specific premonition came to mind. One that saw the Jedi Master laying in a crumpled heap on the floor.

"Anyway..." Corin looked from Dagon to Kai and finally to Rhis. Part of the kiffar expected the tentacle-headed Jedi Knight to recognize him outright. Hopeful, sure. Foolish? Certainly.

"Hey, Rhis, it's been a while," the Jedi Master pushed loose strands of hair from his face. Black locks gave way to honey-colored skin and amber eyes. The Sword of the Jedi, now older, smiled at the nautolan. "Three years, I think," he shrugged. "I lost track of time on Denon. It didn't much matter."

ally_banner.png

Making the move to Peace made more sense than the Corellian liked. It was a central point for the Jedi, but she felt disconnected while on the station. Her time (in her opinion) was better spent on the ground digging for evidence that was missed on Coruscant. Pulling every bit of information she could, Allyson still found herself at a dead end. There had to be more answers, something obvious that was missed, yet nothing came to her.

Peace was quiet; the thought made her smirk seeing the irony in the statement. The quiet was what scared her. Had they lost so many that the sounds of the temple were forever lost? More and more, Allyson found herself straying from her GADF roots and becoming more attached to the Jedi she had trained to be. In the end, she was a Jedi Shadow who worked for the SIA, not the other way around. Maybe Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca had actually struck a chord with her. She'd never admit to the Knight, but his words had moved worlds within her.

Allyson continued down the hallway, lost in her own thoughts and guided by the Force. She stopped when she began to hear voices, some being more familiar than she ever expected to hear. Allyson pushed the doors open wide enough for her to slip in quietly. She listened and continued to make her way into the room, one that she had rarely set foot in - but that could have been said for Peace as a whole.

It was then she suddenly remembered why Peace felt uncomfortable. A pivotal figure was missing from it, one that had contacted her - reaching out for help, but not for himself. Her face gave way to disappointment as she thought of the Jedi Master. Quick to bury the emotion, the frown faded, and she nodded to Dagon - the one she recognized out of the group instantly. The other voice in the room she remembered, but his features betrayed her memory. When the man was finished, she spoke, "Hello again, Dag, everyone." She used the shortened version of his name, remembering the conversation back on Coruscant. Allyson moved towards the group as she greeted them, arms finding their way crossed loosely against her chest. She wanted to know why everyone had gathered but figured that would eventually make sense sooner rather than later.

Faces she didn't recognize only made her more suspicious and nervous. This was their last place of safety in the galaxy.

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
From the cockpit of her ship, Valery looked at the large station as she approached on a vector heading for one of many landing areas. She hadn't seen it before or even heard of this thing - she was out-of-touch with much of the Galaxy. It already had been some time since she was recovered from stasis, but there were still gaps everywhere.
Today, she had taken time away from her new duties to hopefully fill some of these gaps. She didn't know who summoned Jedi to this mysterious station, or what exactly the reason was behind the call. But she was curious to find out, and be part of this meeting.
So after landing, she began walking down the hallways leading up to the meeting room. She could already sense the presence of her fellow Jedi up ahead, with Dagon's and Allyson's being familiar to her. She stepped into the room and glanced around for a brief moment before she greeted the group with a respectful bow of her head.
Quietly, she walked over and waited as to not interrupt ongoing conversations. But as a brief moment of silence fell, and her presence was noticed, she smiled and spoke.
"Greetings, everybody."
F7r9prE.png

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Semi Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Ryv Ryv , Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze , Creuat Creuat , Arlo Renard Arlo Renard , Allyson Locke Allyson Locke , Valery Noble Valery Noble

<Look at this place!> BB-12 whirred while he walked alongside Jax. <It's so pretentious, thousands of years of evolution for the Jedi and they construct building that says: I'm better than you.>

Jax remained silent while walked through Peace, the Jedi Master received an invitation regarding the Jedi Watchman. Something which Jax was chosen for, he was assigned to be the Watchman for Alderaan. He was surprised that he was trusted with this amount of responsibility, given his reputation being less than stellar. But what was painful was that Jax had to move away from his comfortable hovel at Coruscant and their daily conflicts and into a relatively peaceful planet of Alderaan where issues were more of a political scale.

"You know BB," Jax said. "I should tell the Jedi to switch my location. I'm not brave enough for politics."

<While you're at it,> BB-12 beeped. <You should also tell the Jedi to get some damn Whiskey in this place. It's fracking dry and boring!>

"No BB," Jax growled. "I'm not giving in to your indulgence. Not what happened last week where you flooded the Dug Restaurant in the lower levels of Coruscant with walking dead!"

<I was trying to order Pizza!> BB-12 whirred. <And come on! I said I was sorry! Sure I set the entire floor on fire but I can safely assure that 15 people only got 2nd degree burns!>

"We were kicked out!" Jax yelled. "To think every time I go out to eat with you this chit happens!"

<That's who we are Jax!> BB-12 beeped. <If you're not going to tell them get me Beer I will!>

"No you won't," Jax muttered as they entered the gathering.

<ALL RIGHT JEDI!> BB-12 whirred. <GIVE ME SOME ALCOHOL AND I WON'T GOUGE OUT YOUR RETINAS!>

His face reddened with embarrassment, Jax immediately Force Kicked BB-12 across the room. The Droid went flying before colliding against the hard wall, BB-12's head separated from his body. <Ow! The pain!> BB-12 beeped crashing down on the floor.

"Sorry!" Jax laughed nervously. "Please forgive my Droid, he's a bit loopy and I got to upgrade his systems specifically his behavior modules.... again."

The Jedi Master gulped. "So!" He said. "How are you guys?!"

Last edited:
He'd been on Peace for a little while after he received Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze 's message. Something about wanting him to meet somebody. Based off locale, deduction skills determined it to be a Jedi - a New Jedi - of some importance. Between the New Jedi he had met up to this point, it was a coin flip whether they'd mesh or not. But the message had been cryptic enough to get his attention, and Zaka arrived. Finding himself wandering the station for some time before deciding to head to the meeting.

The Jedi was light on his feet, barely even disrupting the dusty surfaces that he passed and as he entered the chamber, he was quick to pick out each person that arrived ahead of him.

More strangers than familiar faces, though that had been expected with coming here.

Expending little energy save for a nod for those that acknowledged him, Zaka's arms raised and crossed over his chest.

Better to be seen and not heard. At least for now.

"Meditation was always the most difficult exercise for me growing up," Corin admitted.

"Tell me about it; I still can't get the hang of it." Dag murmurs, drawing a sigh.

<"Pardon my boorish interruption, Master Kaze, but it is not like you have been trying."> the AI's voice interjects through his earpiece.

"Remind me later to try looking for a new AI, Arthur." he rolls his eyes, then shuts the earpiece off. The snark, man.

Then one by one the hall began to fill up just as Ryv was finishing explaining his slum journey to enlightenment accompanied by ankle-biters. Kai showed up to Dag's pleasant surprise and so did Rhis, the indicted Jedi from Korriban. Next came in Allyson, the elusive Jedi Shadow with a long history of service but with each detail more ambiguous than the previous. Zaavik had been her pupil and well... what had happened there is one of every Jedi's greatest fears. After her, Val made her appearance - the four-thousand-year-old master of a bygone epoch; she had heeded his call to join actively the fight against the Sith and that had been a massive relief. Especially given the price the Jedi had paid recently on Coruscant.

Jax Thio, a recently made Jedi Master, waltzed in as loud as ever with a glitched droid that reminded Dag of an Azrael Asylum patient he'd locked up not so long ago. The brief chaos did bring up some life to the gloomy, near-derelict space station. And after Jax, Zaka was the one who came in - the mysterious Jedi warrior he'd met on Chaldea. Brutal in his approach but with a heart in the right place, Dag hoped to smoothen the rough edges and guide him to better ways.

Each received a nod, a thin smile or something in between as a greeting before Dag uncrossed his arms and shuffled down closer to the Sword.

"Well, I think most of us who could make it are here." he begins as he walks down the steps and sets himself standing beside Ryv, an inch behind, "The beard doesn't help his case much but he's been through worse--" haha, light humor, haha. Stupid. The goofy smirk abates, replaced by the serious matter they had all gathered here for, "--the Sword of the Jedi has returned." Rhis couldn't recognize the man so Dag wouldn't be surprised if others didn't too.

"...and there is much to discuss on, well, you know, the usual - saving the galaxy."

again.

Ryv Ryv | Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn | Creuat Creuat | Zaka Zaka | Allyson Locke Allyson Locke | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Jax Thio Jax Thio

"Hello, stranger."

Kai eagerly introduced himself to Ryv, not with words or telepathic thoughts, but with a broad mental impression of who he was. He was Kai, Jedi Padawan. Friend to Aeris, Damsy, and Dagon, if he knew them, and if the question came up of what he was (for he was clearly not human), the Bamarri in him still carried some semblance of the lightning strike that had given him birth.

As the others arrived, Kai took a careful step away from Rhis. To his credit, he showed no other signs of fear, aside from a faint sense of general discomfort—the kind of vague unease that could be excused as shyness among the crowd. The Nautolan and his Padawan had once tried to hunt Kai down, but that had been some time ago. Kai was no longer recognizable, either physically or in the Force.

His BD-1 unit chittered an insult directed at Jax’s loud, alcoholic droid. Kai pressed a finger to the spot where Beedee’s mouth would have been, as if that would shut him up.

The meeting “officially” began with Dag announcing the return of the Sword of the Jedi. Kai had no clue what he was talking about, but people seemed to know the bearded man, this Ryv, and identified the Sword with him. Kai still didn’t understand. Did Ryv have the Sword? Where was the Sword? What was it for?...

<Can we use the Sword to defeat the Sith?> Kai asked. <Like… stab the Dark Lord with it?>

"...the Sword of the Jedi has returned."​

The young man couldn't believe it.

So that is why these Jedi had been called here. As he stepped into the room, he saw the faces of many influential Jedi, all from various walks of life. But one stood out like a shining beacon that illuminated the whole room. A man who had helped shape the Knight into who he was today.

"Ryv, is that really you?"

Last he had heard from the Jedi Master was back in the beginning of the whole Senate situation. That was the last he thought anyone had heard from him. But now he was here, standing right here. Goosebumps began to creep up his arms and legs. The fact that the man was still alive gave the Knight hope for what was to come.

"Sorry for the interruption y'all, its just been a while since I've seen a face I could trust."

His arrest and interrogation less than a week ago made him want nothing to do with the Senate, let alone the Galactic Alliance. They had turned their back on the Jedi, and he was about ready to turn his back on them. He wanted no part of a group that lost faith in the Jedi. Experiences like that were something he had gone through enough of.

Now, here on Peace, it looked like a change for the better was coming.

Ryv Ryv | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Creuat Creuat | Zaka Zaka | Allyson Locke Allyson Locke | Jax Thio Jax Thio | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom