Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where I Stood | Valery

if they're watching anyways
"Master Noble, the Director has held her position since the Alliance's inception -- three different Chancellors have passed her over and left the SIA entirely in her hands. She could be the most effective woman in the galaxy, she could even be the most morally pure; I would not trust her. She is unelected and unaccountable. She barely speaks to the Senate, and when she does, it's to influence public policy. I do not think she will take kindly to any action that I might take against her or the SIA, but I worry what might happen if I leave her be."

She paused a moment and studied Valery. No, she was wrong; the Director could not be without fault. Auteme found it far more likely that M was simply experienced in covering her tracks.

"The Chancellor has the power to make certain executive changes to the GADF, SIA, and related branches. I haven't pushed anything onto the Director -- yet -- and I don't especially want to. But I need clarity, and I need to know if the Director is, indeed, worthy of the enormous power vested in her.

"I want your help in this, in whatever form you're comfortable with."

Trench.jpg

Ilum
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Auteme Auteme

"It's... a difficult position to be in," Valery agreed. "When I worked for her and the SIA, I always maintained some distance. She has never given me a reason not to trust her, but it is still an intelligence agency. So much focus on secrecy and you can't help but wonder what they're keeping away even from allies." She had been involved in plenty of off-record missions herself, and even now, she knew about some very secretive plans.

None of them involved anything illegal, nor would they compromise the chancellor or the Alliance. But that still didn't mean the Director was without fault either.

"As for my help, I can investigate if I have a good reason for it, or even assign other Jedi to help. I can offer my advice and sit on a review board for important decisions, but I can't constantly be involved in the organization anymore. I gave that up to focus on leading the NJO, especially with the war."

She then paused and let out a soft sigh, "These are also dangerous times for moves like this, especially if it ends up being a decision you make without much support. But I can see the danger in not doing anything as well if there's something to be worried about."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom