Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Where Everybody Knows Your Name...

michael-padgett-sci-fi-saloon-door-5.jpg

Music
... And they're never glad you came...

It hadn't been hard. When he needed bes'manda, he knew where to go for it. Mandalore. To his old workshop, Beskar'yaim. The place was virtually abandoned and considered accursed by most sane Mandalorians. So he had taken an old, beat-up cruiser with a crusty Mon Cal captain who probably was charging double the rate, but Ijaat paid it and watched his eyes bulge. He had been busy, working with Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin . Old accounts and bolt holes were raided. He had a tidy sum of credits, and gear that wasn't beskar'gam but would more than do in a fight. Daymon had tried the Mandalorian life and found it not to his liking, so he had happily given the gear back to a father back from the dead. They had agreed later to sit and talk about "things" later after his plan.

So he had made planetfall on Mandalore itself for the first time in years. He had worn the same face as now the last time he was here. The Mad Strill was gone, but he had found a drink. Visited the memorial in Sundaari to those countless he had slain, and drank not a drop. Many left alone the aging warrior as he stood silently, tears coursing down his face while covered in a long coat and wide-brimmed hat of murder tooth hide from Myrkr, banded and reinforced with a mesh-weave of a (to most) unknown metal that glowed faintly. A longsword at his hip that anyone trained in the Force would be very uneasy around, reeking of the Netherworld. A heavily modified DE-10 on his hip. And a simple beskad strapped horizontally in the small of his back. A pup of an albino te'r rekr trotted at his heels, very obviously his by how it adopted a guardian posture to him even at such a young age.

After time spent mourning the victims of his madness, the reborn smith had gone to his former abode and silently mined a hefty sack full of the bes'manda that Ashin would require. It had been sent via courier to his long time on-and-off employer, with detailed notes on what he was doing, why, and how he planned the device in case someone found him out and he didn't survive. Someone like Ashin would likely understand what he did now, though others dismissed it as insanity.

Striding into perhaps the most famous tavern on his people's homeworld, the dar'manda ordered three shots of tihaar and sat with them in front of him, awaiting what, no one would know until they approached and asked. His bounties were clear, given he was supposed to be dead. His friends were all dead, gone, or missing and presumed dead due to the length of being missing. None here would likely remember his face, though recognition software from law enforcement might still have his face embedded, but there were stares. Ijaat had trained hard since rebirth and moved with the same rolling gait of a trained warrior. A constrained lethality that spoke of danger even without the armor and gadgets. And a warrior people took notice, if out of nothing more than professional curiosity.

Now? Now he waited as the gonk-droid-turned-jukebox began playing his selection of music.

Toss the dice and see where the let lie... Fate will decide...

Last edited:
The graug seemed endless, each time star had ventured to the northern part of the planet it was merely to slay a thousand and then return back, each time seemed to do little. She wished these were like the vong but least the vong had half the mind to know when they were beaten. Returning once more back she stopped at a town as she needed a strong drink and check on how everything was in the town, moving through the streets she glanced around until finally she had found a bar and ducked inside

She was no short twilek with her gam on she stood a at seven feet and four inches tall, her hips held her sabers and westar 35s, thermal dets that was down to only two from her usually six, her sith sword from years ago sat on her right , and standing with her would be Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt who had came with her to get a bit of combat experience. Glancing around the battle master slowly strode through towards the bar top when a feeling drew her attention towards a man and a longsword, eyes narrowed at it as she lowered her voice to speak to her nephew

get to my left side

She said as she started to casually approach the seat to the left of the man and sat down

2 shots of tihaar please

She said to the bartender, glancing to the man then his sword as she motioned a hand to it and spoke in a friendly tone

impressive blade, great design, tell me did you forge it yourself or is it a reward from battle

Never mind the weird feeling that put her senses on edge...and the suspicious look...maybe it was just star still on edge from fighting the graug
Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

The Graug were unlike anything he'd seen before. Actual monsters, like in the stories. Fighting them wasn't something he relished doing, but he'd done it anyway. How could he not when Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae wanted him to come along? He raised a brow curiously as Stardust told him to stand on her side, seemingly away from the man already at the bar. Not a man the kid recognized in the slightest, though he certainly stared at Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel for a little bit before taking his seat at the bar. Just listening, for now.

"Battle trophy from an old war in a bad place that I never should have gotten myself into in the first place"

One shot picked up, spun, and downed. The glass flipped upside down as he tipped his hat low in greeting. He didn't recognize either, but they were likely the generation after ones such as he and Arrbi and Ember and Draco. A hand bared the blade a few inches before sheathing it again, the Nether-forged sword gleaming with electrum and corsuca gem inlay in a stunning pattern and language unlike any most would see.

"The lad is safe from these old bones, as are you. Just a drink after fighting some graug and paying my respects to the slain."

A second shot picked up, downed. The face had some stubble, longer mutton chop sideburns, and a weather-beaten quality that spoke of a hard life and hardened spirit.

Down went the third, glass spun and tapped to the bar, before being upended on top of the others.

"To the present, past, and future. To the new, which are you... Meg athu'neha gar dayn ibic chaaj'yc mies tuur, burc'ya?"

«Spoken in Mando'a: what brings you out this far these days, friend?»

heheheh...isnt that the case for anyone our age? Especially mandalorians

Stardust slid one of the shots to eliz, her eyes looking over that blade as he showed it off a little before it was sheathed once more, it was a impressive blade to be certain. She could feel as well it had some force signature or radiated the force she wasn't exactly sure.taking her shot she down it and sighed at the slow burn before tapping for another as she looked to Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel as he spoke

sadly seems to be the case with any able body adults, those graug number in the damn billions...

Her next shot was sat down, star looked relatively young, however she had a hard look from decades worth of battle, her skin had a few burns and cuts from what could be seen, upon her side she had a medallion that showed she was a battlemaster for the current mand'alore. Another shot went down and she tapped for another as she took a deep breath and sighed

old....I've been apart of these people for about 30 years...I've seen mandalore twice harmed and our people scattered

There was a frown on her face, these wounds were just recently starting to heal yet again

stopping by for a drink, did a little raiding on the graug kick their shebs...what about you? Your obviously a old vod...yet I dont think I've heard your name yet
Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Eliz was gonna keep pretty quiet now. He wasn't sure what was up, but Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae seemed a bit more on edge than she should be. Heck, she was even repeating her questions to Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel like she was hoping to catch him in a lie. He got himself a water to nurse at. The fight he was in with the Graug was pretty exhausting as it was. (Eliz ain't gonna do too much yet, feel free to continue without me for a bit.)

Smiling at Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae he looked at the empty shotglasses as he considered. Considered, and ordered up the damn bottle. Taking it from the surprised bartender, the man who once literally drank all other Protectors in the Sector combined under the table (A grand total of 5) until Larraq showed up, took a long pull and a raspy sigh of satisfaction. Aliases were numerous with him. Even his first name was a common given name for a Mandalorian. Did he try to hide, and be done with his business? Did he move on from the Mandalorians entirely? Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin had his notes, if it came down to it... Or did he..

Frak it...

"Ijaat. Ijaat Mereel be Akun. I've probably gotten new names, thanks to Monroe. But I've been away long enough some of the details are fuzzing. Happens when you are dead. Who are you, friend?"

In for a penny, in for a pound... Or so he had heard someone say somewhere.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

That name, stardust tapped her fingers Ron he rleg as she rolled that name over but couldn't come up with anything and yet the name seemed familiar at least enough she had a nagging feeling. Glancing to him as she watched the man take a long pull from the bottle she chuckled and held her glass out for some if any remained. However at the mentioned of monroe her hand suddenly gripped tightly out of a flash of anger and crushed the glass in her cybernetic hand, sighing she looked to the glass in her hand as she put it in the trash and sat a 500 chit down

my apologies for that...her...name brings a rage to me I cannot easily get rid of even all this time...

That woman had damned every mandalorian force user even up to this day...they were barely beginning to crawl back up and show they truly were there for the people, getting another glass from the bartender she downed it and sighed patting for another

I am stardust solus, the emerald dragon, the queen of imahalyan blah blah blah...just call me stardust or star

She wiped her hand making sure any shards that maybe lodged into it were out before she held it out to him
Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
TSOIzZf.png

EcpdsUu.png

OYU'BAAT

Tag: Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt
Equipment: In Bio

(OOC: I was invited here btw, Don't take Aloy's angry ranting personally lmaoo)

So much had changed since Aloy was given command of the Nite Owls, And of House Vizsla. In her mind, Darsch Vizsla had abandoned the position to her, And then abandoned Aloy herself when she fled to Krieg, Leaving their love for the sake of a dead soul that was never coming back. It had been a downward spiral since then. Sure, She'd met Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla , A true and genuine love, Someone she wished to marry one of these days, But they'd barely gotten to see each other since the war with Apollyon, A task that Mand'alor the Reclaimer had given to her, When she believed that it was his task, His fight.

She never wanted any of this...

____________________________________________________________________________________

She was done. Worn. Bitter. And she needed a damn stiff drink right about now.

Thus, She entered the Oyu'baat for the first time in over a month. Some thought she had died on Felucia during the raid, Or that she had abandoned her post. Neither were far from the truth really, As a small part of her had died in service to the Mand'alor, A man she hadn't seen personally since she was sworn in, And she had taken a long break, Rebuilding House Vizsla's holdings on Roon, A place she would likely return to soon.

So imagine the looks and stares she received through both the eyes and visors of various mercenaries, Nite Owls and supercommandos when she entered; Her iconic tooth-marked and hand printed helm swaying from side to side gently as she stood in the doorway, Her mother's long red scarf fluttering gently in the outdoor breeze, And her clawed
cybernetic limb clicking and scraping against the duracrete floor with each step as she finally entered, The dim lights on either side of her revealing the silver scratching on her pauldrons where the Nite Owls emblem had been scratched out with a knife, And replaced on one side with the Gurreck signet, Forged by The Quartermaster The Quartermaster of The Enclave, The very same that had forged her armor. A pair of strange pistols jiggled in their holsters, As did her new belt which bore the buckle of a Marshal, A Karjr of the Confederacy. It seemed that even in her broken and bitter state, No matter where she walked there was one truth she wore as a badge of honor; She was the law.

<"Whisky. Corellian"> She says quickly, Slapping down a few coins on the table.

"I'm sorry, Marshal. But these are Confederate coins~"

<"Than put it on the Mand'alor's tab. Nite Owl funding and all">

"O-oh! Yeah sure"

<"And make it a bottle while you're at it">

She slides the coins back to herself, Stuffing them back in her pocket while she waited for her drink, And that was when she heard it;
" Ijaat. Ijaat Mereel be Akun. "

That was a name she hadn't expected to hear uttered in mandalorian space ever again, And certainly not in the Oyu'baat...

Hearing this caused her to look over her shoulder suddenly, Taking in the old swordsman at the table, Sitting next to none other than Stardust Solus, Her sister in law, And seemingly guardian of the young Eliz, The son of one of her Nite Owls. Seeing that little face of his brought up a pang of guilt, Knowing that she'd abandoned the owls and this child's father to whatever mad war the Mand'alor was going to throw them into, Just like Darsch had abandoned her to that very same fate. She'd still have her leg otherwise, But Eliz was in a position to lose far more than a limb.

But so was Ijaat... Someone who had tried to claim the title and that had failed his people, Just like every Mand'alor or candidate after him, Even now...

<"Mareel"> She said aloud in a tone that commanded attention. Simple, But authoritative, Just like Darsch had taught her, Just like leading these poor souls to their deaths under Mand'alor the Reclaimer had taught her...

She walks casually to the side of the counter where they all sat, Nodding her head out of respect to Stardust, The one leader here who hadn't failed her people, Something even Aloy couldn't claim anymore.
With each jingling step, Her fist clenched tighter and tighter, Straining the leather of her holster and warping the leathery pouch that held the pistol right below her hand

<"Ijaat kriffing Mareel. I've heard stories. Jaster is old news, But you? How many times must the ambitions of becoming Mand'alor bring these people to their knees?"> She gestures to the crowd around the bar, To the people of Keldabe, To all of mandalorian kind...

<"How many people died when you set Mandalore ablaze for your own twisted ambitions? All of you, No better than the sith the second your ass hits a throne. We should have done you like we did Jaster and Satine...">

She hadn't even touched the bottle and yet she already reeked of tihaar from here. wherever she had been before this, Emotions had already been running high long before she entered the Oyu'baat.

TSOIzZf.png

Last edited:
There wasn't a reply. There wasn't words. Most wouldn't even seen anything. Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae might have felt the odd rippling in the Force. Otherwise Ijaat went from pensive, to stone faced at the drunken ranting. Then, he scowled at the insult to his ancestors. Raising his fingers, he snapped them, and the Force rippled around him and the younger would-be. The older has been smiled as the cybernetic she stood on began whining, humming in an unhealthy pitch. The presence of the Iron Father grew until it was quite alarming, the pitch growing as well. Unless it were Force deadened somehow, the sound would end abruptly with the leg simply cracking and falling apart into a dozen or so pieces, and leaving Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla to find her balance and not fall. His words came out a deadly quiet whisper, like dead leaves on leather, with a hint of steel in his posture.

"You speak of things you know very little about, pup. Pride in murderous betrayl is one I learned not to take, for just what you're slurring on about. Count this a lesson and take it to heart. Learn to respect your elders. It won't be just a fancy leg next time."

Ijaat was a master of very few things in the Force. But he was perhaps one of the better users of Shatterpoint and it's nuances and philosophy. It represented a turning of events a well as physical forces. And when one knew enough of it, and when such a talent intersected with Force Crafting and even regular old engineering and making... Well... You got dramatic results. A leaver applied at just the right juncture could turn the tide. Or shatter the usually unbreakable. Beskar could be destroyed such, and he had done even that before.

Ignoring the drunken Vizsla, unless she directly confronted him again, Ijaat would hand the bottle to Star and nod.

"Ra went too easy on her. I never would have done what I did without her fragging with my mind so easily. But she took my ambitions and rage and inflated them to insanity. Just here to pay my respects to those lost, and then move along. Does the lad drink yet?"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

A familiar presence entered the tavern, star glanced briefly seeing it was Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla , she went to wave at her sister in law when aloy broke out into a tirade at Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel causing stardust to look at him with some confusion before the name finally clicked in her head and a face of shock came over her as she swallowed a little and reached down to her side slowly for her saber as she began to stand but...stopped

What was her right to strike him down? He was dar'manda right? She should just strike him down as tradition demands....yet tradition would demand her use of the force bar her from the position she currently held...eyes narrowed as she let a breath out and then they closed as she felt the force in the room ripple before she heard the pieces of aloys leg fall apart

Finally she moved between then yet no weapons were drawn, the tavern had several people standing some weapons drawn as she held her hand up for them to hold as she glanced to ijaat then to aloy before she spoke

there is no need for trying to start fights of old blood, we KILL each other over scars that we should leave to heal, the cycle of killing our vod will continue unless we can learn to forgive...or properly challenge and settle the past

Next was ijaat, she turned to him and took a deep breath as she sighed, he was dar'manda but that was of old mand'alores. Stardust was learning to forgive many who had wronged and even killed her own family

with respect I say this, but do not lash out with the force, we are only barely beginning to have it accepted

She took the bottle, downing a large bit and sat it down as she looked to aloy again

no more drinking, that's a order, you need to sober up and get your leg fixed. No more for her

She said to the bartender firmly before she went and took a seat again mildly annoyed

heh... easy, he dragged her through the streets...but I suppose that's a mercy isnt it...a lot of people here should strike you down but I will not let them.

Glancing to eliz she chuckled

not sure, I hate to say but first time I've taken him with me on a raid

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
TSOIzZf.png

EcpdsUu.png

O Y U ' B A A T

Tag: Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae |
The grip on her belt tightened until her knuckles went white beneath the glove, Only loosening when she considered drawing her particle pistol as an unnatural aura began surrounding them both. The high pitched humming and the vibrations moving up her partially metallic leg, They were the only things that clued her in onto what was about to happen, Her eyes widening beneath the helmet as she reached for her pistol but it was too late.

∗Agh!∗ There wasn't much she could do in that moment but drop, Falling sideling against the counter with nothing but her arm over it and her one good leg to keep her ass from hitting the ground, Her helmet hitting the side of the counter with a subtle ∗thunk∗ and pieces of her prosthetic being scattered everywhere, Just the like the shot glasses she'd knocked over during the telepathic scuffle.

This all happened in an instant, And the only thing to snap her back to her senses was Ijaat's stoic voice, Which she paid close attention to even in her slightly dazed state, Slowly looking up at the uncaring Mareel with nothing to indicate her intentions behind the cold black visor, And the heavy breathing of a woman who clearly wasn't ready for this chit.

" Count this a lesson and take it to heart. Learn to respect your elders. It won't be just a fancy leg next time. "

Aloy hoists herself up more upright, Still leaning against the counter for support as she catches her breath
<"Respect is earned..."> She grunts
<"As is betrayal~">

She quickly shifted her weight to grab onto the counter with her offhand, Leaving her right hand free as she threw it out towards Ijaat with her fist clenched, The mini-flamer already sparking to life with a tiny candle flame at it's tip in preparation to unleash it's fiery payload, Only to be halted suddenly as Stardust stepped between the two~

" there is no need for trying to start fights of old blood, we KILL each other over scars that we should leave to heal, the cycle of killing our vod will continue unless we can learn to forgive...or properly challenge and settle the past "

<"Pretty words,"> She as the candle flame fizzles out and her arm drops to her side <"Considering how we met. You would have drawn blood just as soon as look at me, All for a name I hadn't even taken yet...">

She settles herself in the barstool behind her, Removing her helm and setting it down harshly on the counter while reaching for the bottle she'd ordered, Only for the bartender to remove it on Stardust's orders, Drawing a quick scoff from the Vizsla as she turned towards the two, Her fiery red hair revealed and her eyes burning all the same despite their Blue-silver hue, Glancing around the room and noting all those who witnessed the altercation. She knew that if she didn't defend herself here and now or take it outside that it would affect her reputation as House Vizsla's newest Alor.

And yet she did nothing.

On any other day she would have stubbornly fought tooth and nail for her honor when she believed it at stake, But today she was as shattered as that prosthetic leg
. Let them watch. Let them gossip. I never wanted to lead this house anyway.

It was then that she spotted the hilt of a shattered blade, The hima blade that her mother, River Kryze River Kryze , Had given her. A sonic weapon that could bring down foes through their beskar shells, One she planned to use extensively during the battles with Apollyon The Betrayer Apollyon The Betrayer and her Dar'manda Death Watch.
She nudged it closer to herself with her one good foot, Carefully picking it up and looking at it with a sorrowful expression, Only to quickly sheath it in her belt a moment later as if nothing had happened.

"It's... Just a leg, Mareel. Durasteel welded half-assed to a duraplast shell, Controlled through a neural-link like every other piece of metal in my body. I'll design something stronger next time"
She sighs before turning to Stardust, A neutral expression on her face though her tone still sounded fairly annoyed "And you, Warmaster. I don't take orders. I ain't one of your toy soldiers. I'm a warrior, I fight the battles I want to fight and for who I want. I've nothing against you personally, But I'm only involved with your house because of your sister. Else we'd still be glaring from opposite sides of the war table." She half chuckles

TSOIzZf.png

The booze was taken away, and Ijaat shrugged and offered the Vizsla a flask from his hip, with a smile at Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae . Then he spoke to Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla .

"Find the planet Kuar in the Core. Look for the temple-fortress of Vametaye. I'll build you a new leg. Only broke that one to humble your ass. It's a new dawn and a new day. Cin vhetin. What better way than to make my ancient enemy a fancy leg?"

Sighing, he cracked his neck and gave a look around.

"When you're done with the flask, give it to the lad, Vizsla", he said, Indicating Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt with a nod. "Might as well start his first hunt off right. With his chaperone's permission, of course. And hell... You'll need something nice."

Reaching to the small of his back, he flipped out a hitherto unseen dagger. Small, worn, and old beyond count. It wasn't festooned with decoration or ensorcelled by the Force or enhanced by technology. Just plain beskar with scales of mythosaur bone, and a True Mandalorian stylized mythosaur skull on the butt of the pommel.

"Here, take that kid. Always keep a last-ditch kidney knife. No one ever checks for that when they're trying to murder you. Too worried about the big stuff. Amateurs."

Eliz made no sound, no move. Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla was here? She looked and sounded absolutely drunk. What happened to push her that far to drink? There was something to be said about watching his literal heroes fall so far and so quickly. She was the one who taught him how to shoot. The one who brought him on missions and helped him survive. Get stronger. His gaze tore away from the drunken sight. This wasn't the Aloy he respected.

He'd been completely content with being avoided in this conversation. He just wanted to get some water and get out. But couldn't bring himself to say anything. Especially when Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel shattered Aloy's cybernetic limb. He'd never seen the Force used in such a way. It was horrifying. Intimidating. It took him a moment to even realize he'd been addressed. His gaze immediately went to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae . Thus far she'd been the calming one between the possible fight.

"R.. Right." He reached out to take the knife, staring at it in wonder. Asides from his helmet, he'd never had anything made of Beskar. But he recognized it immediately. And the knife came with a lesson, no less. He swallowed back that initial feeling of fear and gave a firm nod. "Thank you. Where's uh. The best place to keep it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom