Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did you come from!?

I never knew a star wars roleplaying site existed although it's not surprising at all to me. I just had a couple questions before I get started if someone would be kind enough to help.

1) I saw this is Sandbox but are there any specific requirements about my account before I start/find an RP to join?

2) Are we allowed to use movie/book races or are the approved races in the list the only ones allowed? (Probably allowed, just double checking)

3) Do you guys have any tips or any recommendations that a new guy should do? Whether it be helping out around the website or joining RPs or maybe even something specific you guys want to see?

Thanks for answering in advance and can't wait to get to know you guys!

Sala'dine

Admiral of the Ghost Fleet
1) I saw this is Sandbox but are there any specific requirements about my account before I start/find an RP to join?
Make a character profile to the template first then you can begin

2) Are we allowed to use movie/book races or are the approved races in the list the only ones allowed? (Probably allowed, just double checking)
Yes anything canon/ legends canon or chaos canon

3) Do you guys have any tips or any recommendations that a new guy should do? Whether it be helping out around the website or joining RPs or maybe even something specific you guys want to see?
Join the Imperial Empire with [member="Alva Calvarona"] and have fun

I cannot play an evil/mean character. I just don't have the heart lol. Thanks again for the help guys, I will look around at factions and see what speaks to me :)

[member="Ral Corven"]
Read the timeline and consult the map, available from the top menus. That will give you an idea of the current date and setting.
One other item to note is that we have ‘writer’ and ‘character’ accounts here. The names are slightly misleading, in that the writer account is your main account and the character ones are sub accounts created through your profile controls.
Your RP character must have the name of that character. You can use your writer account for this, or create a sub account with the name. Either is fine.

You can use any canon or codex approved species for your character. If you choose to use a Codex approved character it’s etiquette (though not required) to PM the creator and just make sure you’ve got a full grasp on the concept.

Recommendations? I have a couple:
  • Make sure you have a glance through the rules for character creation and the general ones too. There’s nothing too alarming there, but it’s better to be aware of what’s expected.
  • After you create your bio consider joining or creating a public RP to get yourself into the swing of things.
  • Decide if you want your character to be part of a faction, and if so, click on the button at the top of the page. Joining a major faction allows you access to a dedicated group writing a similar sort of character and helps you out.

And of course, ask questions if anything is unclear. Welcome again!

Ral Corven said:
I never knew a star wars roleplaying site existed although it's not surprising at all to me. I just had a couple questions before I get started if someone would be kind enough to help.

Thanks for answering in advance and can't wait to get to know you guys!
  1. Just submit a character bio sheet (no need to wait for approval!), and if you're a force user you'll need to start out as a padawan or apprentice ranked character (unless you're transferring a character from a different SW site). If you need advice/help on this we're more than happy to help.
  2. Yep, but there are a few species which are not allowed. Here's a list of banned/restricted species (it's small). Feel free to submit your own species to the codex if you're feeling creative.
  3. Decide what kind of a character you want first. I suggest making the character and then finding a place for them rather than finding a place first. The Jedi Order (OG Prequel order) is located in the Galactic Republic, the New Jedi Order (a bit more loose than Luke's NJO) is in the Galactic Alliance, and there's the Silver Jedi Order in the Silver Sanctum Coalition which is a more.. militaristic?...group. Just listing off Jedi groups because of your inclination to straying from evil stuff.
Some things to know:
  • Coruscant is the capital of the One Sith, you can view the rest (the entire) map here, also accessible by mousing over the HOLONET dropdown - which also shows the timeline.
  • It is currently 844 ABY (844 years after the battle of Yavin, or about 840 years after the original trilogy)
  • There was a 400 year era of darkness, like the dark ages, following a massive plague called the "Gulag Plague" which wiped out a massive percentage of the galactic population and set back technology and society by quite a large margin. War with the Sith has accelerated the growth in technology, so this isn't quite so bad anymore.
  • The One Sith is the current incarnation of the Sith Empire group, led by a single Dark Lord of the Sith and followed by hundreds, or thousands, of Sith. They are currently winning the war between the Republic and Sith.
  • All characters that can use the force require a force rank title (such as my Master title). Writer accounts can request this right away, Character accounts need to wait to have 50 posts prior to receiving these. You can ask for them here.

Thank you Valiens Nantaris and Braith. Both your posts are extremely helpful in finding some direction. You know me better than you think when you mentioned Jedi lol. I will take your advice and find what I want to do and make an open RP for anyone to join!

I have come up with a couple more questions since looking around at all the good stuff you guys mentioned. I seem to be answering them as I go but I still have one.

Are we in about 844 ABY? I found the timeline, but I was not sure if we need to be trying to stay around that time or if there is an official date as of now. If I understand correctly, We are good to RP at any date we'd like as long as it doesn't interfere with any other events the character has been in or any events correct?

You guys are super helpful, I appreciate your help! :D

[member="Ral Corven"]

Welcome to Chaos!

If you aren't sure where to go at the start, please feel free to check out the Galactic Alliance!

We are a new minor faction that is hopping with activity. Here are our active list of roleplays if you would like to join.

We already have our first Campaign: Chronicles of the Void as well as our PVE campaign against the Final Order.

To get more information about us, please check us out here.

And to get to our main board page, feel free to click on the Galactic Alliance banner bling. It will direct you straight to our board! With over 130 members, we are super active to get you plugged into roleplaying ASAP!

Once again, welcome to SW Chaos and happy rping! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom