Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Where All Stars End (The Scar Worlds)

Ariel Yvarro

A

MEK-SHA

ajDavse.png

Mek-Sha was all the things that Port Avalon had and didn't have. Port Avalon was the crater of an older Galidraani-class station that met with an asteroid. Survivors thereof began to graft the station into the asteroid and over time a hobbled pile of scrap became a shadowport, a home to the many who didn't want to be found. Mek-Sha sort of reminded her of that, Mek-Sha wasn't Port Avalon though, it was more organized than it for starters.

Ariel had noticed the silence that had initially placated them the way the lighter stubbornly refused to light. "Those things are bad for you, you know that right?" A light question, the small knowing yet playful tone danced on her words. Ariel didn't notice that the Atrisian didn't inhale by that point her attention had turned toward the station itself.

She nodded along as the Atrisian spoke, she could hear the Southern Corellian in the otherwise Imperial accent. Ariel hadn't heard much of it before heading out to Galactic Alliance a little while ago. Otherwise, she'd have no other frame of reference, in contrast, Ariel's accent was a mix of Dosuun's heightened Galidraani heritage and the refined Bastion-like Imperial tones. Before it was taken over by the New Imperial Order. "Well, I suppose we're on for a good ol' fashion cantina crawl then." If there was anything good or fashionable about it, remained to be seen. "I can put some smudges on that vest if you want."

Another tease at the Atrisian's expense, "you look good, in case you were wondering. It kinda suits you." She added not knowing the effects it would have on the New Imperial. Ariel followed Rowan as they headed in the direction of cantinas and nightclubs. The glimmer of bright neon hit against the dull, and sometimes wet surface of the floor they walked. Ariel relaxed beside Rowan, although the action itself was all rather involuntarily. She hadn't noticed it, not really, Rowan inquired about Dosuun's hotspots. "There's a little place near Government Row, called the Lampstone. It's a bit of a shack, to be honest, but it's got some of the best ale on that side of the city. Go a bit out toward the country and you'll find the better spots, city places tend to cater more toward tourists especially near the museums."

As they pressed toward the cantinas the foot traffic headed in the opposite direction seemed to grow. Ariel unknowingly stepped closer toward Rowan. Ariel had only seen this many non-humans when she had been out with the Pavanos, Mr. Bloodborn Kassandra Distorith Kassandra Distorith , her then-step mother and mother. Hauling her cousin's unconscious clone body halfway around the galaxy. Or fetching it for starters, that was an adventure of itself. "What about you?" She asked in return, "any places you like to frequent?"

Ariel wasn't sure she'd get an answer as Rowan brought them to Star's End Cantina. "I suppose if it's too messy, I'll give them the ol' Avalonian one-two." Ariel shadowboxed lightly in the air, jabbing it with little intent. "Of course, one must always be careful around shady cantinas and in shadier ports such as this." Words of wisdom she had heard from one holo or another, as she doubted anyone in her life would say such a thing. Trajan Kurze, the old warhorse would've told her it'd be a great spot to pick a fight.

"I think I'm good," she replied matter-of-factly, knowingly only that out in the wasteland that had been the Brynadul's empire that there were people here who needed help. Help like those on Dosuun once needed, and she was there to help provide it.

Mishel Kryze

M

tqEgTCZ.png

"Glad to see that we're on the same page, Probie." The sulphuric color in her eyes subsided giving way to her hazel-green eyes that seemed to twinkle in the light of the cantina. Whatever quietness was due, was abruptly interrupted by a pair of Force Users. "Kriffin' Jedi and Sith, with their bloody oaths," she remarked watching them spar and then leaned back to look at Yula's holo device. "That was faster than a First Order Armada being sprung on a shuttle in their system."

Not too much later and there was Jerek and Drake. "Captain Silver Pants and Jedi Knight Shampoo right here in Star's End, c'mon folks, come one, come all places your bets, place yer bets, how long until one goes down, who will win, and by how much of a margin," Mishel called out her hands to her mouth as she shouted out toward the cantina. "Probie, you get these fine people's bets down." Must have been the alcohol as Probie was already taking bets, "what other currency do you take out here? I got these worthless kriffing Confederacy coins, you guys take holo currency?"

Mishel patted herself down and nearly fumbled with her holo as she sent a message to her sister Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed . Where you at? I thought you were c'mon also, what's the going rate for Confederacy coin to galactic credits?

"Bloodborn, let's let Probie here do the job of taking the bets."

Mishel paused a moment, "where's Centaris? Also, let's go hit up another cantina."

Elisea Apollodor

E

"I did say that," she remarked walking side by side with the echani. "Mhmm, that's true, so shopping it is or at least whatever passes for it around here." Mek-Sha wasn't Avalonia that was for sure and it definitely wasn't any of the ports they had been to before this. The Mountbatten Expedition had been a long one, and the road was soon to come to an end. They were nearing where they needed to be, to help others, to help rebuild the sector back to its pre-Brynadul glory, and more.

"Oh I do love it when you're in the kitchen," Elisea mentions as she leans into Nylea. "Yeah, it's got that down by the waterfront in Avalonia feel, the sort where the normal folk aren't supposed to go." The pair wandered further into the station, arriving at something resembling a shopping district. "Can't say the ambiance here is really all that welcoming, but let us see what passes for clothing here." Between Dosuun and here, the shopping had been good, most places they were at weren't nearly as - dark - as Mek-Sha. Still.

Elisea looked to her left and right where vendors of all sorts were doing their best to promote their goods. "Don't suppose you need a light-up back scratcher do you?" She asked Nylea while gesturing toward one of the vendors with a "Darth-Maul" shaped back scratcher that light up in wonderful hues of red, and one that was shaped like a Jedi of the antiquated High Republic that lit up in blue.

At first the comment from Yula Perl Yula Perl brought a huff from Kurayami almost as if he were about to start laughing wholeheartedly at the situation, though if one were listening close enough they may have heard him mumbling something along the lines of 'That's one grave to dig tonight. Damn.' Though the tensions didn't calm much as Mishel Kryze continued the introduction, it did at least look like murder was off the table for the moment. Okay so that was a plus because it meant he could drink more and not worry about it, well worry even less than he already had planned to. The Zeltron would get a smirk and nod in her direction when Mishel mentioned him by name.

"Nice to meet you Yula. Yea, Mishel certainly has a bit of a temper about these things. Was worried she was going to put me on shallow grave digging, or cremation duty again. Man those jobs suck, though the disruptors at least make the latter a lot easier and faster. In all seriousness though, definitely got lucky when I saw someone else screw it up in a cantina before I had a chance to. Angry pyros make for lots of collateral."

He waved over one of the bartenders and placed an order for the strongest ale they had on tap. What was brought out was something that most would regard as only worth cleaning their hyperdrive parts with. Kurayami on the other hand, was down to try any alcoholic beverage at least once. He raised it in a semblance of a salute and took a long swig from the glass. Immediately after he couldn't help but cough an rapidly blink his eyes. Now whatever this was had some SERIOUS kick. Tonight was going to be a good night after all.

About halfway through his first drink he could start to feel that familiar warmness that came just before the first stages of tipsy for him. It was around now that a gigantic lizard took a seat at the bar only to be accosted moments later by some psychotic lady claiming to be a Jedi. Could he have grabbed his lightsaber and stopped this? Yea, probably...but that was work and screw that he didn't feel like it right now. Not his problem to deal with, besides he was no Jedi or Sith, ideologies be damned. It was good entertainment though he had to admit so he was almost sad when they ran through the kitchen and into the alley. Almost.

Right after this was a challenge from 'Silver Fox Spacer Captain vs. Lucious Locks Jedi Ace' according to Yula for an arm wrestling contest. And she was taking bets on the winner. Question was who to bet on...hmmm...
"Put me down for 20 creds on Captain Silverbeard." He turned to Mishel and nodded. "Centaris? Great question, no idea where he disappeared to. I got no idea where the other cantinas here are, but im alway's down for a good cantina crawl. Let's go."

Atlas Drake Atlas Drake | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu

The trick was to not get too involved in too much. This place had everything. Fights, freaks, Jedi, shampoo models, dewflaps. But what it had now, was betting. She nodded over at Cuan as she heard Yula Perl Yula Perl call her. Fine fine, she'd be. Atlas Drake Atlas Drake could handle the kid, she felt. Taking the shot she had got when she got to the bar, she sauntered, with a purpose, mind you, Peyton was not in hunting mode – she rarely did that at places where work could be found, towards the Zeltron.

"I turn my back for a second and we got a fight? The kid and Cap Drake? Gimme the Rim Captain any day."
She took a slow blink. "To win. I mean." No there was not a blush, shut up.

"Oh not a fight. Arm wrestle. Still."

She looked over at Mishel Kryze and the other one… Bloodborn she was hearing? She couldn't recall the name in her documents. But the fact that he was in the Confederacy, either active or recently was probably the cause. The CIS had done a fair job at staying out of the wars she had been involved in. She worked on tracking friendlies and Sith militants, had to help her Jedi boss more.

"I think 50 for Drake."
She nodded, grabbing the talons. Hopefully those still sold.

Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn

Nix

N

990ERvG.png

AURODIUM SWORD
OPERATION BLOOD DIAMOND
FT. ' The Fool The Fool ' AND 'THE BUCKETHEAD'

6ecWlhc.png

0BQm5hK.jpg

NOWHERE TO RUN

Wasn't his first choice of hunting partner, that was for sure. The Fool was a killer though. They went back a decent ways, Mereel part of the 'Oathsworn' Mandalorian task force working in tandem with the Wolfpack in New Adasta during the thick of the Third Imperial Civil War a few years about. Now here they were, killing for coin over country.

Clad in the refurbished Beskar'gam of his late guardian, Trajan Kurze, Volker all but walked as a revenant in the image of the known Mandalorian hunter and killer. But it was hardly the name that mattered, it was the armor, the image. When a Mandalorian entered a cantina, 99 times out of 100, they weren't here to lean back with a woman on their lap and a drink in their hand.

They were here to cause trouble. To spill blood.

Volker was no different. Even if ol Starbird here made that more obvious than he ever could have.

He stood with his disruptor comfortably cradled in his arms, regarding the weapon as the nigh religious effigy that Mandalorians typically tended to do. Soon as The Fool piped up, he knew the demeanor of the establishment was immediately shifted against them.

All well and good, meant less talking for him.

<"I don't wanna hear it after we flew here on my boat while you rolled cigarra and played the same three 'Core Worlds War Time Classics' on repeat. ."> Volker retorted as he sat down in the booth laying his disruptor across his lap as he reached for the tracking fob nestled within one of several pouches on the utility belt strewn across his Beskar cuirass.

He thumbs the activation switch and the fob begins to hone in on the tracker, linked to the very individual opposite of Sly Chance Sly Chance .

He glanced the way of the aptly named Fool and nodded his helmet in the direction of the pair.

"Took you boys long enough."

Nix emerged from the crowd, small frame blocking both their paths out of the booth. A light smile touched the corner of her lips, an questionable sight given they would have never seen her smile before.

Her mechanical eye jerked to the glowing fob in Trajan Fett Trajan Fett 's hand, reinforcing the knowing look that spread across her features. Once could try to push their way past her, but that small frame was more metal than not. What she was was hidden rather well in the seamless blend of cybernetics into skin, but Nix had proven from the start that she was an asset worth hearing out.

She knew things. Things she hadn't known a moment before. Like now, when she jerked chin over her shoulder towards the men their target sat with.

"All three are pulling hits on the boards. If I was a betting man, and I am, I'd say that disk contains what our client is really after." She paused, ears perked for the enhanced words the chip in her brain filtered through.

"The shipment is inside a cargo bay, the location is on this disk. But... the Haxion Brood has caught wind of it as well."

Her smile deepened.

"I'll be upping my cut," she told Trajan Fett Trajan Fett , smug as she leaned in to finish off a drink that had been at the table when they arrived. Their original target stood up and left for the exit. Nix gestured for The Fool The Fool to go after him, no doubt the safer grab since it was a bounty he already seen and touched.

For Trajan Fett Trajan Fett , he would have just have trust. Nix had paid her way this far. She slurped up the last of the melted water, then concluded, "Blue guy's yours."

She shoved off the bar, empty glass in hand, and made her way to her new marks.

"Hey suga, I got ya refill," She reached across Nikos Buccheri Nikos Buccheri , the empty glass placed down before him. The slight of hand was all she needed to reach his collar, mechanical death grip trying to slam his face into the table with unnerving force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikos was about to follow Sly outside when his motion was cut off by Nix.

"Dunno what to tell ya, ma'am, but I didn't-" It was his mistake to be nice to the service, instead of pushing her away. It gave her all the room to grab hold off his collar and roughly slam his head into the table. The force of which was enough to shatter the wood in multiple pieces. The lumbery shards bit hard into Nikos' face, multiple points of small entry causing blood to seep.

In the meantime his vision lit up with stars, bright lights, noise and... red. A lot of red.

He did not waste time talking as liquid anger rushed through his veins. No, instead he used her close proximity to grab a hold of her, reversing the grip she had on him.

As blood flowed down his face, nose smashed like a watery potato, Nikos threw Nix through the window. Glass shattering almost as easy as the wooden table had.

"My apologies, ladies and gents," Nikos murfled as calmly as he could (which was difficult around the shape of blood and texture) to his immediate crowd, that had grown silent. "-a question about tips that went wrong." From out of his pocket he pulled out a stim. Already the pressure of the crowd was getting to him. It was oppressive, their curiosity, their fear, anger, but before it could overwhelm- he jabbed it into his thigh. The suppressant flooded through his veins. Liquid silence. A moment later their echoes were a dull presence in the back of his head. The same could be said about the pain piercing through his veins.

That done, the pirate leaped through the gaping maw of the window himself. Behind him the bar went back to business. If chairs and chit weren't going to be thrown about... then they might as well keep drinking their drinks.

"Ya dun look like a cultist to me, lady."

From his sheath Nikos ripped free a serrated electro-knife. To his side he could see Sly busy in a firefight with another goon and a half. If he could finish this quickly, he would do his best to render assistance.

A quick slash through the throat... that ought to work.

With a dash forward the marauder got to business.

Last edited:
"It doesn't matter what she told you, Drake. The Force has no weakness to exploit."​

"Sure thing kid," he chuckled, "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good-oof!"

Before Drake could finish his thought he was straining for dear life against the kid's iron grip. Jerek's strength completely belied his scrawny physique. Credits were heaped on the table between them, most stacked in favor of the space captain. After all he was a veteran and years of living rough on frontier worlds had done little to weaken him. Still the strain of just hanging in there cut through some of the spiced wine's haze.

"Is that..." Atlas strained through gritted teeth, "...all you...got?"

Beads of sweat were beginning to form around his scalp. Despite his best efforts Jerek slowly began to overpower him. In desperation Captain Drake glanced over at Yula and Peyton. Both had placed bets he would win. Unless something or someone interrupted the young Jedi Knight's focus those chits were as good as lost.

"I've got you...right where I want you."

A moderate crowd began to swell around Drake and Zenduu, earning them a couple of side-eye glances from the wary bartenders. First the crazy lightsaber chick, now a brawl? Not quite yet, it was only a friendly arm-wrestling match with an unregistered bookie taking bets.

"Yeah, I'm glad to not be in a shallow grave tonight." She chortled back to Kurayami over the noise. Fortunately, the angry pyro was as swept up in the excitement as Yula was.

Mishel drew the crowd in further, and the two women hawked for bets that started to flow a little easier. "Talons, holo coins, credits, it's all good!" The inebriated Zeltron would probably take bottle caps at this point.

"I'veee got 20 creds on the Silver Fox, 35 talons on Deep Conditoner…oh, Peyton!"
Her eyebrows went up and down at her comment about Drake. "And I've got 50 talons on Captain Silverpants for the night!"

Mishel Kryze | Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn | Atlas Drake Atlas Drake | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu | Peyton Steele Peyton Steele | Kaleleon Kaleleon

UgHJWHr.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Eye of the Storm" by Watt White)
FJp1uVB.png

"Sure thing kid. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good-oof!"

Despite his earlier bluffs, Jerek was genuinely surprised to hear Drake's grunt of exertion as the two locked grips. His smirk dissolved into a broader smile for a moment, before it disappeared altogether in lieu of better concentration. While the young Jedi might already have a head start, he wouldn't have put it past the crafty Silver Fox to have something up his sleeve.

Like more muscles or a cybernetic shoulder, either one would be a fast path to ruining his day.

Jerek's arm was not built for bulk, itself. His grip and strength came from the thousands of hours he'd logged in the cockpit of his starfighter. Barebones controls meant he flew more of it with his own strength and reflexes, using some of the same muscles he pit against Drake, and the betting pools, today. His arm tensed some more and Jerek's brow furrowed as he brought those muscles to bear against Drake.

Some grunting bluster from the spacer captain prompted a very concerned Naya to lean in against Jerek to ask, "He's got some trick, Jerek, be careful. Use your Light Hand magic!"

The Jedi glanced over to the teenage Twi'lek with the offer of a small grin, and the aim to wave her back. His eyes caught the bulk of the crowd that had gathered around them instead. Jerek had heard the bets being called, to some degree he knew they were creating a spectacle, he just hadn't expected this many beings to crowd around him and Drake.

"This isn't even..." Jerek started to return, and a new wave of resolve seemed to pass over the spacer. The young Knight grunted, and he felt the exertion getting to his biceps and shoulders already. A troublesome lock of hair fell across his face, and he forced out the rest. "...my final form!"

A little longer. Jerek could sense Drake reaching his limits, but even his own muscles were straining now. His elbow had started tensing and relaxing in a pulsing rhythm on automatic, but he wasn't in the cockpit now. There were no G forces acting on him, forcing his body to the limits. Just another man sitting across from him in a cantina, trying his best to wrestle Jerek's arm to the tabletop.

It seemed unlikely.

Jerek pressed on, his arm getting ever-closer to tipping Drake's onto the tabletop. He tensed as a pair of hands slipped onto his shoulders, rubbing softly. The Jedi turned his head quickly, hair whipping around across the wrestling match, and found the orange Twi'lek girl there, massaging his shoulders. "You can do it, Jerek," she cooed in her sultry tones, "Come on!"

He knew she was trying to be helpful, it only worked out to be incredibly distracting. Jerek turned his focus back to the match, realizing that Drake had gained a few centimeters on him while he'd lost focus. "Handsy..."

"Ha'dlee!" she corrected him with a giggle, rubbing deeper now.

Jerek's arm shook for a moment, and he rolled his shoulders to try to rid them of her hands. He whipped his free hand behind him, taking hold of hers and pulling it off his body. He hissed at her through clenched teeth, "Go help Captain Drake, Ha'dlee, he needs it more than me."

He wasn't sure how true that actually was anymore. The Twi'lek woman had shaken his concentration, and now the man was worried that Drake actually had a chance. Jerek still resisted actually applying the Force to his cause, even after he had slyly suggested it in the first place, but now it almost seemed like a good idea. Maybe a tiny bit wouldn't hurt now.

It might make the difference between losing and being able to buy the next round of drinks.

The sure winner was anyone's guess at this point.

Talons just felt more real to her. She lived on the Rim since they took in the Alliance of old. She wanted to help the new Alliance, but there was something… true about being in the shadows, in the crack of the big rulers of the galaxy. She enjoyed the freedom she had. It allowed her to chase down information, chase down purpose, and ensure that what she was here for kept thriving.

"You are not telling me they're running block chains on Terminus, are ya, Perl?"
Peyton laughed as she grabbed another glass, full of a local beer. Tasted like spit and cinnamon. What the hell were they making out here? Maybe the big galaxy needed to come to this backwater and enforce some form of civilization.

She was going to finish it, she wasn't a karking wimp.

"Bartender, gimme another shot, not that swill. And one of what Yula is having for Mishel and one of what Mishel's having for Yula."
She pointed to the two taking bets, just to mess with them. Time to be a bit of a problem.

Yula Perl Yula Perl Mishel Kryze Atlas Drake Atlas Drake Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom