Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public When you can't Shoot'em (Mandalorian)

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig sat in one of the outrigger hangers of the Keros' Kad, practicing some quick melee moves with his young daughter, Leddie. While he was about to, hopefully, be showing some older Mandalorians the rope to ensure they didn't get themselves killed in a close quarters fight, finding time to give his daughter some training was a pretty high priority. Mig smiled as she went through the basics, armed with weapons that looked oversized for her. Leddie smiled too, quickly finishing her little routine.

"Good job Led'ika. You should be ready for sparring soon." Leddie smiled, then looked over getting down before looking.

"When do the big Mando'ade get here?" Mig patted her, smiling.

"Hopefully soon. Now, I think Lara was going to help you some with the Bes'bev, right?" Leddie nodded and ran off to find the other Mando as Mig sighed a little. She was growing up fast, honestly. But now was the time to focus on teaching. He pulled out his vibrosaber, making some training slashes with the much lighter weapon to ensure he still had the edge right. He was about to try and train fellow Mandalorians. This would prove to be an interesting endeavor to say the least. Mandos tended to be a bit hardheaded, and to say his technique was a bit different would be an understatement, but he'd try.

Tamar watched her husband and their daughter slash through her martial routine, quiet from the back of the hangar. Arms across her chest, the former slave couldn’t help the grin on her face as Ledd’ika relaxed and smile. Something to bring joy, even if it was a point for combat success. Dressed in her armour with no helm, the Alor’s wife walked up as Leddie turned to go for her flute lessons with Lara.

“Enjoy it, study hard my little warrior.” She leaned down and fixed Leddie’s hair, then kissed her forehead. “Go on. Scoot! Go have fun.”

Her smile dimmed only when she stood next to Mig Gred Mig Gred , and shrugged.

“It is a terrible idea for me to join this class. I’m the least coordinated person in the galaxy.” Another shrug, and Tamar gave Mig’s hand a squeeze, before standing at an appropriate distance for others, who inevitably would walk in. “But, I hear my instructor is a fascinating man.”

Her grin grew even more saucy, when a curly haired teenager walked in with an ‘ew’.

“Why hello, Amma Dib Amma Dib .” None but the eternally dour Dibling could be so grossed out by public affection. “Here to join the class?”

“Fredgred here yet?” Amma’s cheeks turned rosy, she stuck her hands in her pockets and bit her lip. “… whatever. I’m not here for.. I’m… look at the time, I should totally… you know…” The caramel skinned Kiffar pointed behind her, shoulders raised as she attempted to back away from the hangar, as two Mandalorian teenagers swaggered in. “Ah.. Just… ah…”

Tamar tried her hardest to cover the snort, as Amma turned to go, tripped on someone close behind her, then scrambled to the side to lean against the far wall, her arms across her chest.

Fred Gred Fred Gred

Leddie smiled and hugged her Mom and giggled before running out of the hanger to find Lara. Mig chuckled, putting an arm around Tamar as she mentioned not being the most coordinated. She then noted the teacher being "fantastic," and the Mandalorian would mimic her smile.

"Oh, I've heard you're an amazing student." Mig then heard someone say "ew," and looked to see Amma. He couldn't help but chuckling a little at her attempts to seem cool. It was just hilariously awkward. He looked as a couple of teens walked in, and quickly straightened himself up as he looked. Unknown to Amma the person who she'd bumped into was Fred Gred Fred Gred . Mig just shook his head, laughing again. "Well.... You found him." Fred just looked, waving a bit, but not getting time to say anything before the Gred Alor spoke up.

"Ok. So what I'm about to show you isn't like fighting with a blaster. Fighting with a blade, or ax, or fists... it's a completely different mindset to what you usually have. Melee combat take much more focus and control than using a blaster. These are the keys to almost every close quarters style of combat. Somewhat ironically, the control needed for melee combat is something that translates naturally to Force use, which is probably why jetii and dar'jetii (Jedi and Sith) use this style of fighting."

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred Amma Dib Amma Dib

“Sorr-Fredgred!” Amma grinned, then seeing there were other beings in the room, bit down on the insides of her cheeks and shrugged with a simple, tiny, “Oh hey.”

It was all she got before Mig Gred Mig Gred started the training session and the teenager could do no more than stand beside Fred, brushing against his flesh hand and nudging his shoulder. Tamar almost cooed at how sweet they were, but instead focussed on her husband and his introduction.

Oh fun, the same control for fighting being the control for force users. While her husband and at least one of her sons was truly Force Sensitive, Tamar remained... unconvinced of the Force’s value. It seemed a troublesome and niggling thing, too prone to violence and ultimatums, and less prone to keeping civility at the fore.

Tamar worried of it, that somehow it would take Mig from her prematurely, either in battle or in defeat of his controlled emotions and other senses. But! Today was a day to learn. She stood with her lips pressed in a firm line, arms loose at her sides.

She would learn, and she would try to be a little better at protecting their little ones by the end of the day. And once the day was done, she’d snatch her chance at meddling with Amma & Fred.

Meddle like the wind!

Fred couldn't help but smile seeing Amma, managing to get out a "Hey" before Mig started talking. He would slowly go to hold her hand nudging back a little as he nervously listened. One of the other teens chuckled a bit before the Alor gave them a look. Mig meanwhile couldn't help but notice that Tamar Gred Tamar Gred didn't seem to like his mention of melee and Force training being similar.

"I know not everyone's comfortable with the Force, so don't worry. This isn't really Force training, just noting a similarity. Since you're all on different levels we'll be talking about a technique that a lot of swordsman tend to forget. Simple hands on fighting. Ok. Rando, you mind working with Amma. Garvi, you help with Tamar, if that's ok with you riduur. Casin and Fred pair up, and Mesur, you're getting use to that leg so I'm going to go over some tricks with you." Rando looked at Mig, then at Amma.

"Why not pair up the love hawks?"

"Oh, I don't think much learning would happen." Mig smirked a little as Fred looked a little flustered. Of course Mig and Tamar would both being toying with him and Amma today. Fred then looked at Casin, sighing a little.

"You going to be ok facing my left hook?"

"Yeah yeah, shouldn't be too bad."

Amma’s fingers wove around Fredgred’s for a minute as Mig Gred Mig Gred spoke. Who cared if some Mandamookians saw her hold Fredgred’s hand? She didn’t care. Not a bit…. nope………. okay so maybe Alor Gred giving them a sideways glance meant she shouldn’t hold Fred’s hand.

“Oh! Oh g-h, ohkay… right… ah… whoooo…yeah…” Or that they’d be called out for it seconds later. Amma’s shoulders rose up, sparks of green fire flung from her hair in prismatic shapes and timid pop-smacks of miniature fireworks. She grabbed a handful of her natural curls and wrung her hands through them. “I’m… I’m good….”

Tamar gave a loud snort and grinned as wide as she was able. The moment inadvertently calmed fears, and as Garvi walked over to Tamar, she gave the bow of the subservient. Halfway through she stopped, instead attempting the curious notion of the ‘hand-shake’ Mig showed her with his Echani friend. Yes, the hand-shake would be the perfect accompaniment to potentially smooth over any future violence. She took Garvi’s hand and shook it horizontally with a few little circles for good measure.

“You have been welcomed. Mig! I did the shake of hands.” Tamar perked up, then waited for further instruction.

Fred seemed a bit calmer for the time Amma held his hand. At least until the sparks started showering. He looked at her, trying to calm her down. "Hey, it's ok. Rando there's a bit of a cut up, though Mig usually isn't...." Mig smirked a little at the last comment, while Fred sighed. He looked at his girlfriend, chuckling a little. "Just think about the fact you can give Rando some payback."

He then went to start his training, eying the confident Casin before speaking up. He shrugged seeing that he was already ready. Fred opened with a left hook, surprising the other teen. "Hey!"

"You said you could take it. Call this the start of training."

Garvi meanwhile wasn't sure just how to react to the odd handshake, bit Mig couldn't help but chuckle. It was sweet to see though. He smiled, looking at Tamar Gred Tamar Gred as he spoke up. "Good job ner kar'ta." Garvi just looked, showing her a quick stance.

"Ok. So start by setting your feet like this. It gives you a strong base. Remember to stay focused. I want to start with blocking. So when I punch, you move your hand like this to swat it way." As Garvi demonstrated, Mig turned his focus to Mesur.

"Ok kid. So that new leg has one big advantage. It's a lot stronger than flesh and bone. So you can kick harder, hit harder, and not feel it as much."

“Yeah, well I’m sorry in advance, Rando.” Amma shifted from foot to foot, licked her lips and looked toward her comfortable boyfriend, “you know, for lighting you on fire.”

Before she let Rando respond with more than a double-take, Amma Dib yanked her arm back and let loose a smacking left hook. Sparks erupted when the fist struck him. Rando staggered back.

“Wh.. what the actual..”

“What?” Amma shrugged and squared off. “I’m a Dib. Have you met my mother? Or my uncles?”

Tamar couldn’t help the raucous snort that came when she saw little Amma admit she’d had some level of hand to hand experience. Alas, she couldn’t stand on the sidelines goggle-necked and watching the younglings flirt or blow each other up. Just as Mig Gred Mig Gred protected them, Tamar needed to learn to protect herself and the children. Firing a blaster wouldn’t always work, much to her chagrin.

She watched Gavi’s feet, and tried a sort of pantomime of the way the other Mandalorian was standing. Although it ended up looking like Tamar was a form of constipated water bird, she raised her hands in a sort of ready fashion as the first small jab came in...

... and as the most ignoble of pheasants, Tamar skittered back waving her arms in front of her like a child seeing a spider. “Eep! Sorry! Oh terribly sorry! Should I have let you hit me?”

Mig chuckled as he watched Rando get surprised and covered in sparks from Amma's punch. It was fun to watch the young Mandalorian get spooked by someone else's skill. He always told the guy to not underestimate people. Hopefully the fire would convince him now. An astromech would soon roll up near the match, a foam sprayer ready just in case.

Fred meanwhile began to speed up with his match with Casin, but got distracted watching Amma for a moment and got caught by a punch.

"Come on, Fred. Not the time to be love struck." Fred rolled his eyes, going for a punch. managing to nail his sparring partner.

Garvi mean chuckled a bit at the teens, and at Tamar's reaction to the quick test punch. He looked at the Epicanthix woman, nodding a little.

"No. You're good. You want to dodge punches and attacks, but you also need to be ready to give a quick follow up. This time, try to punch back after you dodge. Ok?" Once he had an answer, he would get back into position to deliver another punch.

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

“Sorry! Oh gosh, sorry, are you ok-gah!” Amma immediately rushed to Rando in an attempt to bat off the cinders, which gave him the perfect opportunity to punch her back. Amma took it on the shoulder, as another shower of sparks burst to the ground in cacophonous lines and sputters. “Oh for the…. awww fine!”

That was it! The sleeve of her left hand shifted up an inch, and Amma grimaced in concentration. She could do this… she could… she could hit someone without lighting something on fire.

“Dodge, and strike… right… If the Mandalorians can do it, why can’t I? My kin are warriors… right.” Tamar smiled nervously, getting back into her slightly awkward ‘fighting’ stance. “I’m rea-aah!”

Once again Tamar skittered backward, her eyes shut against the potential punch. Her fist lashed out, a kitten batting at air. Little did she know how she got those few extra feet farther away from Garvi.

“Eeeeep! Sorry! Ah… here!” Tamar balled her fist, and thrust it out in the most terribly awkward punch in the known many worlds. Mig Gred Mig Gred

The astromech watching Amma and Rando seemed quick to try and quench some sparks, while Mig looked at the site. He then looked back at Mesur watching the teens progress, and smirking a bit at the others. Amma and Rando's match seemed to be going well. Fred and Casin's fight was kinda hilarious, and full of quibs from Casin.

"Come on, Freddy Boy. I know you're better than this. You distracted?" Fred looked, seemed to look down at a moment before going for another strike. Mig noticed, and quickly spoke up.

"Calm down Fred. He's getting in your head." Fred looked over, managing to dodge away from the next punch and attempted to throw Casin away.

Garvi meanwhile chuckled at Tamar, showing her a punch. "More like this. Try again. Move to the side instead of back perhaps. Focus. Set up, now...." He would then punch again, hoping Tamar would be able to do the dodge and punch this time.

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

As much as Amma wished she could be free to brawl, she remained ever thankful for Mig Gred Mig Gred sending over a fire suppression bot. Already the droid saw use, batting out flames with its’ gear. While Rando’s surprise at her readiness to throw a punch caused Amma to feel a certain... glee, her head cranked to the side to watch Fred Gred Fred Gred get suckered. A burst of flame rushed across her right fist, and unbeknownst to Amma, she almost singed the squealing droid.

“C’mon, Fredgred! Get him, c’yare, you got this!”

Tamar was having much less luck than the pyrotechnic proclivities of Amma Dib Amma Dib . Aside from flailing like a kitten with inner ear trouble, Tamar took a deeeeeep deep breath and attempted yet again to square up. She thought back to the way Yasha used to prepare for her endless brawls and trainings with Ambrose, when Tamar would carry the children to a viewing platform to watch their mother work. Some days, the closest the children would get… except Adara…

She was ever so far, when on Manda’yaim. Gavi’s punch came in, Tamar made no block nor maneuver aside from her hands squared up to protect her face. With a flinch, she shut her eyes.

And ended up in exactly the same pose, six feet away from Garvi in the course of a single blink.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Rando nearly fell over when he saw how much flame formed around Amma’s arm. That wasn’t good. He just stopped, looking at Mig while Amma Dib Amma Dib focused on Fred Gred Fred Gred .

“I have a feeling I’m being schooled right now.” Mig just smirked. He may not have always seemed like it, but he did know how to give someone a needed lesson.

“Schooled? No. I just set up who you’d be sparring.” Rando gave Mig an “I hate you” look, deciding to not provoke the pyrokinetic at that moment.

Fred meanwhile smiled at the support he was getting, focusing carefully on Casin. He watched and saw a small tick. The cyborg teen quickly darted to side, grabbing the arm and pulling it around to his back. It was a somewhat... painful hold, but it ended fights quickly.

“Ow! Come on! You’ve got that arm.”

“And?”

Gavi meanwhile sighed a little at Tamar Gred Tamar Gred , taking a breath as he thought of a way to get her to focus.

“Ok. Ok. This is gonna sound a bit like a force trick, but we’re gonna try something new. All I want you to do is avoid the punch then strike back, but I want you to think about what I’m going to do. You’ve already seen how I’m going to punch, so all I want you to do is dodge and counter. Counter however you can. It could be the Force for all I care. I just want to see your follow through real quick. Now. Focus and be ready.” Once Tamar was ready, Gavi would go for one more punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom