Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Two Padawans Go Missing

Dash stood to the side, chuckling to himself as the Jedi was led away.

"Credentials aren't so useless now, are they?" He called after him. He leaned back against the wall, out of the CSF trooper's way, so they could continue their work.

Nattov shoved the warrant and his ID back into his robe after receiving it from Asaak. The CSF grunt took Moroi to the questioning station, and Nattov sighed one of relief. Dash's retort hung in the air like smog. But Nattov couldn't relax forever. Tob Bala and Zulai Tysuinq, his Senior Officers, were here.

She then raised a brow at the Geonosian "Ah, why didn't you mention you were working this case, Nattov. Sitrep, pronto."

"Yes Ma'am. I arrived on the scene with Dash about a half an hour ago. We saw two Jedi trying to force their way into Hasjo's apartment, clearly without warrants or any type of permission to even let them ON the property. Moroi, the Padawan you are taking away, was slicing the door. Dom distracted us, and Moroi inspected it. It appeared to be clean, and probably is. But there are some strange things going on. A Commercial Ship had flown over us with lights on us yet seemed completely oblivious to our existence. Most likely an isolated issue due to drugs or alcohol, but I'm not ruling out anything yet."

Nattov started his wings and flew towards the now sliced door and began inspecting it. The slicing was mastery. Nattov thought, I'll give him that.

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
"No, I'm not. I'm a Jedi. We heard word from the Nautolan, WELL before any potential altercation, because of that connection. If you're going to detain me you might as well walk up to the whole Jedi Order and try to detain them. Please, do try to catch it on holo-vid for me. This is a Jedi investigation, being conducted by Jedi. If you want to conduct your own investigation or complain about Moroi Wareyasui, you are welcome to take it up with the Jedi order. If you have any questions for me personally, voice them while I walk."

Moroi, unfortunately for the smug retort from the scruffy man, was not being "taken" anywhere and any attempt to physically detain him was going to end poorly for all involved. Jedi were not above the law, but Moroi had not broken any laws. This was the Jedi's jurisdiction. A Jedi was missing, regardless of their suspicions, and that made the case a Jedi one. He should be handling it more politely but, well, that simply wasn't his style. He was sure he'd be reprimanded later and it wasn't intentional disrespect, they were simply slowing him down. If Hasjo was in danger like Moroi suspected he didn't have time to answer their questions.

"You're mistaken. I now have a reason to detain you. Interfering with a federal investigation. That's a federal crime. Regardless of your standing in the Jedi Order." Tob motioned to the Geonosian, remarking "Good work, Nattov." The Rodian gave a foul look of distaste as she barked orders to the hesitating law enforcer "You heard the man, detain him." Tob approached the Padawan, stabbing a hard finger against his chest "And if this was an investigation you're holding. You would have the proper authorisation codes to bypass the door. You wouldn't need to slice it." he turned to the others "Book him, boys." Tob would deal with the Order later. He respected them, but just like the Coruscant Security Forces, they had their own official ways of investigation and codes of conduct. And as of yet, he hadn't received a single order that the Jedi had yet to begin their own investigation. "What about the others?" Zulai sneered.
"Take the other one, Dom, was it? He was aiding in a federal offence. We'll let him off when someone from the Jedi Order comes to claim him." He craned his neck at the female Padawan, looking to Nattov with suspicious, squinted eyes "What of her? What has she done?"
A pair of officers stepped forth to take away Moroi, to aid the single officer that now hesitated.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] | @[member="Dash Aandek"] |@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] | @[member="Nattov"] |@[member="Asaak Tey"]

Dom'rius stood beginning to think about what all was taking place, recollecting all that had happened in the past few minutes. Seeing them threaten to take Moroi for trying to aid in a Jedi affair was no crime indeed, but it seemed as though these others would do their damnedest to see it be that way. Though, suddenly a small click came into mind and he toss aside all of his insecurities to ensure his friend was not placed under detainment. "While your reasons to detain him do slightly challenge my knowledge of the law within Coruscant, I do worry how your system works... If a woman was being abducted and you were not on duty, would you not try to rescue that woman? That was all our intent was here. With the news coming about of this case on the holonet we acted as Jedi. Though our acts held no warrants, the Jedi have never resorted to using such things, we aren't going to wait for the Sith to flea the planet with our fellow comrade, or any enemy. Idol threats such as arrest are only slowing down this investigation, and keep us from finding our friend HASJO!" He paced back and forth as he shouted Hasjo's name throwing his hands up in the air. Making sure there were no flaw to his words, he reflected on what he had said for a moment. He felt good about himself, this sudden burst of confidence was ecstasy, and he'd wish to continue on with the euphoric high. He brought his hand up to them as it was likely that their attention had all been brought to him after he shouted as he did. "You will all forget about what has taken place here today and carry on with the investigation as you wish, no one will be getting arrested here." Dom'rius waved his hand before them planting a Jedi mind trick into their head using force persuasion, they'd repeat what he said and do so if it was to effect them. He was confident in his abilities in the force, and knew that it wouldn't fail. However, if they did overcome the persuasion he knew that Moroi's further actions would be much more red than his own as he could sense a slight disturbance within Moroi, and with good right. He had been put under arrest and overall slowed the rescue of his friend.

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Asaak Tey"]

Tob had been convinced by the man's words, he repeated them. Though the only law enforcers not susceptible to such things were the droids outside, and the Geonosian who were naturally resistant to mind tricks due to their highly organised mental facilities. Tob and Zulai marched into the room, securing a perimeter. That was a crime. A heavy crime Dom'rius had just committed. One that would suffer backlash if anyone within the CSF found out. If the Geonosian cared to tell anyone, being the only eye witness unaffected.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] | @[member="Dash Aandek"] |@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] | @[member="Nattov"] |@[member="Asaak Tey"]

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
These men were very, very lucky that Moroi was a Jedi. They didn't have time to deal with these cops and the dick waving that was this stupid jurisdiction argument. Some of them seemed to remember what the point was and that the Jedi were on their side...until one of them was stupid enough to touch him. The second the officer's finger was on Moroi's chest, his hand was on his lightsaber. It was not an altercation either of them wanted, but the Jedi had the reputation of being obnoxiously strong warriors for a reason and they had already made the boy angry. Regardless of their idiotic belief, they did not have jurisdiction here, the Jedi were in charge of anything relating to Jedi, whether they told them or not. It was like they had never seen anything happen in this universe before. Thankfully...or somewhat unthankfully from Moroi's point of view, Dom'rius intervened. Granted, his punishment for actually lashing out at these simpletons would have been heinous, so Dom saved him a significant amount of retribution. When logical arguments and facts failed to work on them, Dom'rius resorted to something Moroi almost wish he hadn't, now he was certain to face backlash from this as well. A heavy sigh left his lips as his hand fell away from his lightsaber, his eyes following the officers as they went about their investigation. The Jedi order were not going to punish Dom'rius for solving the situation without bloodshed in order to accomplish the Jedi's job and the CSF had no authority whatsoever over the Jedi order, but any incessant whining from them was sure to cause Dom'rius grief. Moroi's eyes shifted to the Geonosian and his human friend, his expression softer and somewhat exasperated.

"If you feel morally compelled to report me, Moroi Wareyasui, for manipulating their minds, would you please be so kind as to wait until after we've found your friend? I'm assuming it's a safe assumption that you care more about finding him alive than the arrogant Jedi gets his due comeuppance. So if you want to help, come with us, if not, then let me try to save your friend."

@[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Nattov"]

As Moroi finished speaking Dom'rius interjected once more, "Let's not forget who the bad guys are here, Hasjo is clearly in danger here. As a Jedi, we will proceed on with looking for him, right after we consult with our Master's and gain proper documentation in further investigating this. As, after all, he's not only an ally, but a friend. I'm sure you understand. We're still willing to work along side you, as Moroi said." Dom'rius would be right in asking for their Master's permission on the matter as they'd bring the matters up with the Council and they'd be able to go on without the shenanigans that just preceded to occur once more.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Dash Aandek"]

Dash chuckled to himself.

"You folks just keep piling on those offenses, don't you? Personally, I don't give a flying feirfek for what happens to you outside of this situation. It's guys like you that make people distrust the Jedi." Dash said, pointing to Moroi. "But I won't dwell on the fact that you're a terrible person; that's not the poignant case here."

He rubbed his chin in thought, his eyes darting from Moroi, to Dom'rius, and back. He took a second to compose his thoughts,

"What exactly do you know that makes you so sure you're on the right track? You said it yourself; The apartment's a bust for evidence. And I'm pretty sure the same is going to be said for his ship, considering he didn't take it where ever the blazes he went. As far as I can see, we're back to square one. All we know for certain is he's missing, All of his personal effects have been accounted for, and he's potentially a murderous psychopath. Unless you're 'Feeling his presence'" Dash said, making quotes in the air with his fingers. "I'd say this investigation is grinding to a fantastically slow halt."

He turned to Nattov, ignoring any potential remark the Jedi's could make.

"You know, when you asked me to fly you somewhere, this isn't what I thought we'd be doing all day."

@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @Nattov

As Moroi finished speaking Dom'rius interjected once more, "Let's not forget who the bad guys are here, Hasjo is clearly in danger here. As a Jedi, we will proceed on with looking for him, right after we consult with our Master's and gain proper documentation in further investigating this. As, after all, he's not only an ally, but a friend. I'm sure you understand. We're still willing to work along side you, as Moroi said."

"The apartment's a bust for evidence. And I'm pretty sure the same is going to be said for his ship, considering he didn't take it where ever the blazes he went." Dash said.

Nattov considered all of this. Hasjo, assuming he was a murder, which he probably wasn't, would be more important than two arrogant Jedi. He flew from the door back to Dom. "Alright. I do agree that if we work together, it will help find Hasjo. I'll put the charges on hold until we find our friend. But Dash is right. There is most likely nothing in the ship useful to us. Hasjo was never careless. So we need to start over." Nattov paused. "But you cannot do anything without permission from your masters. You said that yourself. So until you ask them, and they give you permission, anything else you do in terms of trying to find Hasjo would be breaking the law and I would be granted full permission to press those charges. Got it?"

@[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
((Ok...so snarky in character comments aside...you guys do know that the Jedi genuinely across all Star Wars media which is what this site is based on, neither have to report to the local authorities nor do they have to acquire warrants, right? They really do have all authority regarding anything involving the Sith or fellow Jedi.))

Was a funny comment, not sure why a terrible person would care about Hasjo, a terrible person wouldn't even bother talking to these people. Though Moroi was getting dangerously close to wanting to be a terrible person. Dom'rius wasn't wrong, if his earlier deduction was correct, then there were two plausible explanations for what happened. @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] had a psychotic fit and killed a woman and in his grief or from someone interrupting him, he panicked and fled without doing the intelligent thing with the body. The other was that something or someone took him. The latter one was somewhat more plausible for a Jedi, it didn't explain whether or not they'd find him alive or not, but it did give them some grounds to start looking for him. Moroi already explained and listed his reasoning for why the apartment was not a bust for evidence and how his logic was generated solely from the facts already presented, if they refused to accept it that was their prerogative. But this was quickly getting way over their heads. If he was kidnapped, there were very few people in this galaxy who could covertly take a Jedi, even a Padawan, completely unnoticed in the middle of fething Coruscant. Even if they managed to find the Nautolan, he wasn't sure they'd be able to do anything, unless they found him dead in the street, they could probably handle it then. While most of what they said was utterly useless, there'd be no charges and Moroi only directed their attention to himself so @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] wouldn't have to deal with the crying fallout, they did have a point. There was no guarantee that they would find anything at the impounded ship. Moroi had wanted to go see it to one hundred percent rule out that Hasjo had tried to leave with it, which would in turn almost completely, plausibly, rule him out as a suspect. He wanted to do his due diligence, but they were pressed for time, whether Hasjo was the killer or not.
"I did not say the apartment was a bust for evidence, if you scroll up through those memory banks instead of worrying about the wounded ego you'd recall the evidence found. That doesn't mean you're wrong about the ship though, I'd hoped to use it to fully rule out that Hasjo actually had killed the woman but we might not have time for that. What do you suggest? Dom, got contact Master @[member="Rasu Gan"] and if you can't get ahold of her...get Master @[member="Yinch"] ...please don't get Master Yinch."

((So, @[member="Dash Aandek"] was unaffected by the Force Persuasion, I suppose?))

Dom would try to blur out the comments the two made and focus solely on trying to get himself and Moroi away from the two that were unaffected by his Force Persuasion technique. He could have sworn it would get the best of Dash, but knew that his attempts wouldn't affect the geonosian, as their race was immune to Jedi mind tricks.

"...What do you suggest? Dom, got contact Master @Rasu Gan and if you can't get ahold of her...get Master @Yinch ...please don't get Master Yinch." Nonetheless, he'd make for a grab at Moroi's arm trying to pull him away from the two and the others and to a transport taxi that wasn't too far off from their location.

"We won't be asking our Master's of anything... We know our rights as Jedi, though these fellows seem to not know it, I'm simply telling them what they'd like to hear." He whispered slightly to his Padawan friend before turning back around to the other two and nodding. "Right, we'll be on our way then. No point in wasting our time continuing on with the debate in what we can and can't do here. Good luck to you, gentlemen." He'd state before he'd signal Moroi with his head to come with him toward the transport vessel that wasn't too far off. His nerves began to set back in as he began to wonder about where exactly the location of his friend is.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Asaak was about to tell the apparently legitimate investigator that his warrant was all well and good but he'd have to wait when Dom decided the better plan was to spill his guts. Her reaction was two-fold to the news the Nautolan revealed - a mix of shock and relief when he mentioned Moroi immediately followed by annoyance that he was so quick to give up the ghost, especially on her closest friend. It seemed however that Moroi had the situation properly in hand when he breezed through the doorway and gave Dom a resounding smack.

As she handed the warrant back to the Geonosian she heard the whine of closing speeders, looking to see the CSF pulling up. Wonderful. She hadn't had any dealings with them personally but it wasn't as if adding more players to the situation was going to straighten it out.

It seemed that everything went slightly awry from there, a lot of screeching and indignation that frankly confused Asaak. She knew tensions were high, but she really didn't understand why everyone was so atwist with righteousness. (Even though she would admit to a flash of emotion when the Investigator's human companion called Moroi a terrible person.) Regardless of whether her dreamy idealism was practical or not, there was a standard she believed in. There was a kind of Jedi she had heard of in quieter stories, in the ones that the criminals did not tell down below in the Underworld, that she'd heard of only from the kinder families or sellers she'd helped what felt like a lifetime ago. It was the calm, immovable, masterful Jedi she strove to become and as the situation moved from crescendo to comedown Asaak called on the Force to calm any lingering agitation from the situation just moments ago, knowing none of this was helping them find Hasjo any faster. She was prepared to add her and to the situation, to open in the opposite direction as Moroi and use that idealism for a more diplomatic solution when Dom'rius took the situation in to his own hands.

As Dom'rius pulled Moroi to the side, Asaak gave the two investigators a final look, overhearing the Nautolan's hushed words and turning with her fellow Padawans as they made their way for the transport. "I hope one of you knows where Hasjo's ship is docked." Being fashionably late had it's disadvantages.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] | @[member="Asaak Tey"] | @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] | @[member="Nattov"] |@[member="Dash Aandek"]​

The CSF droids gave the trio weird looks, as weird a look as a droid was capable of, which wasn't much, turning to one another to perform a series of whistles, beeps and tweets. The R9 series astromech sat unmoving, powered off. The CSF droids dispersed, one of them picking up the astromech bucket and carrying it into the apartment, past Dash and Nattov. There was a peculiar symbol on the plating of the astromech, one of the Jalor Navy Section.

Dom'rius Novoxy said:
((So, @Dash Aandek was unaffected by the Force Persuasion, I suppose?))
((Indeed.))

Dash watched as the Astromech droid was wheeled past him, but immediately turned as he saw a familiar symbol; that of the ship he and Hasjo served on as Officers; the Bite the Bullet.

"Hold on there, Rust bucket!" Dash said, walking after the three CSF droids. "Put down the uh... other... Rust bucket..."

He knelt down in front of the deactivated Astromech, inspecting it closely.

"Jackpot! Hey, uh... you! I don't know your name... Moron." Dash said, pointing to @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] "You must be good with tech, the way you sliced that door. Think you can do something with this droid? If I'm not mistaken, it's the Astromech unit from Hasjo's ship."

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Asaak Tey"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @[member="Nattov"]

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
Moroi surveyed the man as he rushed after the CSF droids and made a rather strong point to try and pry the astromech away from them. It was impressive that there was such a stark difference between the organic officers and the droid ones. The CSF guards upstairs were all intent to try and arrest him for stepping inside the domicile of a Jedi, this man wrestles detained property from the droids however and they simply back away and let him take it? Moroi wasn't sure if the CSF droids were intentionally programmed to be so cooperative or if the officers of the CSF were just that oblivious, but it did sort of diminish his respect for the organization as a whole, now more than ever. When the man called him over with an archaic point of his finger, Moroi turned to @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] and spoke with a low tone, low enough that no one else but Asaak was likely to hear him.

"If I'm right, we'll need someone stronger than us to save your friend, if I'm wrong, then we should have a Master bringing a rogue padawan to justice anyway. Go back to the temple and alert the council and update them on what we've determined so far, I'll keep chasing this lead. I'll keep you updated on anything I find."

Moroi nodded to Dom'rius before making his way toward the Astromech, his eyes cautiously following the CSF droids. If @[member="Asaak Tey"] wanted to go with him, he understood. Whether Moroi was right or not, this investigation was going to be dangerous and while he wanted to shield Dom'rius from the silly potential political backlash, he definitely wanted to protect him from death or maybe even having to watch his friends have to kill each other. The same applied to Asa and while he wanted her there to keep him balanced, he was in no greater rush to expose her to the same dangers. Moroi dropped down on one knee before the droid, an exasperated sigh leaving him. The droid, by all described accounts, was simply off. Moroi opened the control panel on the front of the droid and looked for anything that might possibly cause the thing to short circuit from turning on and consequently frying the thing. Finding nothing, the next step with any faulty piece of equipment was to turn it on. If it worked, great, if it didn't, Moroi might be given a clue to what was wrong.

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Dash Aandek"]

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"]

The droid came online. There was nothing wrong with it. The organics had been so busy fighting among themselves like children, they hadn't noticed the CSF droids wrestling with the astromech in the background, forcing R9-LH to shut down. R9 immediately began to beep wildly, it's treads began to roll and it fled down the hallway away from them. Clearly the droid was upset with his treatment by the CSF. The CSF droids stepped in it's way, barring him from escape. R9-LH suddenly ejected a prod out from it's body, electrocuting one of the droids.

Asaak had no experience with CSF herself beyond watching arrests from afar. The droid component of law enforcement was common in the Underworld, cleaning up messes the sentient officers deemed unimportant compared to those above. Coruscant was an unimaginably large place and the Underworld pretty much ran itself. There were the people who used it to hide - crime lords, even slavers - but when those things happened THEN the rest of the CSF got involved. Otherwise the droids were tasked with the day-to-day muggings and theft.

It seemed however that he prevailing theory that the droids also did far less than their human counterparts was correct as Dash Aandek pried away Hasjo's astromech without much trouble.

She was just able to hear Moroi conversing with Dom, but she kept her eye on the situation unfolding, marking the places of all the droids or any CSF that could be seen moving around within the apartments. She did however, turn her head toward the Nautolan for a brief moment to flash him an encouraging smile. However, that nice moment was ruined when she heard the Corellian call Moroi a moron. It did have a certain poetic quality, but only she was allowed to call him that.

She hustled forward with Moroi, standing off to the droid's side as he inspected the it. She was relieved when it turned on, but as seemed to be a pattern with the day, that didn't last as the thing started squawking and shaking around. Asaak's eyes flicked to the apartment where the more determined CSF officers were investigating, her hands coming up as if the droid had a mouth to cover to shush it. Pointless really, seeing as it quickly resorted to shocking one of the CSF droids. She squatted down, murmuring to the droid. "Relax. We're not going to let them take you, but you're making it hard." With that she stood up, flashing the droids an apologetic smile. She wasn't even sure if they could read facial expressions but she assumed they were programmed to detect lies in some way. She wouldn't give an inch. "Sorry officers - it seems this astromech is malfunctioning. We'll take it for maintenance before it gets the chance to shock someone else." She was completely calm, hoping it would make her all the more convincing and that the threat of another electrocution would make the CSF droids more eager to part ways with R9.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Nattov"]

@[member="Asaak Tey"] @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"]

The droid refused to listen. It was frantic. Something happened with it's audio, there was loud static and then there came the sound of a swinging lightsaber. It was relaying audio footage saved in it's mainframe core. Then there was a voice, "Goodnight Jedi." A body then thudded against the ground in a loud slap. More voices joined in. "He's down, unhook the beast before it kills him."
"I say we kill him and grab us a new one."
"No, boss wants him alive. We got a new arena opening up on the moon Mor- Hold on for a second. This is a nice frakking saber. I'm gonna keep it. Cut the girls head off with the saber make it look like he did it then fled." The voice then got louder, clearly the creature had leaned closer to the audio input, whether he realised it or not. "Enjoy your new life slave." There came a sudden crack, the sound of bone snapping. The audio then cut. Transmission lost. One of the CSF droids stepped forward "What do you think you're doing?" and he switched off the astromech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom