Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Two Padawans Go Missing

mlm2ir.jpg
The city streets were dark, illuminated by the occasional street lamp and passing speedster. Tall high-rises glowed a golden hue over the dark ground of Coruscant. Outside the Jedi Temple, Coruscant Security Force droids were setting up a permitter around the corpse of a young woman. Her head had been decapitated, and she held various stab wounds. Investigators crouched beside the body, identifying the decapitation to be the result of a lightsaber. Her stab wounds had been simple daggers.

A few shady folk stood around in the recent puddles of a passing storm. Smoke wafting through the air as they clung their fingers to cigarettes. CSF droids came through, dispersing the odd crowd. One man refused to be taken away, shouting as the droid grappled with him "It was a Jedi I tell you! A Jedi!" An investigator came upon him, flicking ash off the end of his cigar. He squinted, peering into the lunatics eyes, appraising him. He gave him the benefit of the doubt. "What did you see?"
The man said "Some green alien. I think he was a Nautolan, or some weird Twi'lek, I don't know, the bastards look the same to me. He came out of the temple and just started running. Ran right up to the woman and started swinging. It was just him and the woman. I got the hell out of there before I was diced."
The droid that had been grappling with the man, released him. His bionic voice speaking "Jedi Padawan Hasjo Hallu, Nautolan. Reported missing by his uncle, Haeso Hallu, two-point-five hours ago"
"This that so, eh?" He seemed to consider this at length.
The droid stiffened "New missing report; Jedi Padawan Leena Keldrono. Missing since two-point-five hours ago. Reported by eye witness. Suspected kidnapping"
The investigator seemed to be placing things together. He shoved the cigar in the direction of the man, informing the droid to take him away to be questioned. As he marched back to the body, he spoke aloud to himself, informing his small group of forensic scientists what he believes to have occurred "New suspect, Jedi Padawan Hasjo Hallu. Went missing two hours ago. The same time as this ladies time of death. We got another problem, a Jedi Padawan by the name Leena Keldrono went missing at the same time. I think this Nautolan has some sort of grudge, lost his anger, killed this woman and kidnapped Leena." He spun around "Aye, droid. Seize all Hasjo Hallu's assets and freeze his accounts"
The droid stiffened again, speaking through a communication link to another squadron of CSF. The droid turned to the investigator, reporting "Delta-7 starfighter with R9 astromech has been seized. Accounts will be frozen in five minutes. CSF Task Force A-Nine enroute to Hasjo's apartment."
"Good" he flicked the cigar ash away "Good." He resumed his crouch beside the corpse, continuing his investigation.

Within hours, the holonet was buzzing with the latest; Jedi Padawan Hasjo Hallu kills innocent woman and kidnaps fellow Padawan Leena Keldrono.
@[member="Vash Hal'Brok"] | @[member="Carona Totsari"] | @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] | @[member="Nattov"] | @[member="Dash Aandek"] | @[member="Sochi Ru"] | @[member="Leena Keldrono"] | @[member="Rasu Gan"]​

OOC Note:
((Myself and Leena have currently gone missing. I won't reveal anything so that you guys can make your own assumptions, whether they be wrong or not. I thought it'd be fun to do an investigation RP into their disappearance. So I tagged all friends of Hasjo and Leena to join it, if you want too. Any other Republic characters can join in too. Do note; you don't have to be at the location of the crime to RP, you can be anywhere. Thus why I mentioned a Holonet news post, so you could be at Ossus, Tython or any other system and find out, and join in on the RP. Come to Coruscant and investigation in person, or search the Holonet for the answers. Choice is yours and I hope you enjoy the RP))

Dash eased back on the throttle, the buildings of Coruscant rising up around the Eagle's Talon. The news had reached him mere minutes before Nattov requested transport, intent on beginning his own investigation.

"I know Hasjo. There's no damn way he just flipped and offed someone like that. Something else is going on here."

Dash glanced over to Nattov.

"What do you think?"

@[member="Nattov"]

Nattov took a sip of his water. It had been almost a decade since Nattov had stepped on a proper ship. And that was when he first arrived on Coruscant. He honestly preferred his own wings better than mechanical ones, but Dash was ace, so Nattov trusted him.

Dash glanced over to Nattov. "What do you think?"

The Geonosian sighed. "Well, you're right about one thing. Something else is going on." A pause. "Bare in mind however, Hasjo practices Djem So. It gets dangerously close to the dark side, from what he has told me. Hasjo is a very conscious Jedi, and I know that he would never straight up murder someone, but we can't rule out the possibility that the dark side of his powers may have influenced him a bit. I highly doubt that is what happened, but as an Investigator I can't rule solve the equation without all the variables."

Nattov considered a risky idea. He decided to trust himself and go with it. "Take us to his apartment. I wanna check a few things out. There has to be something in there."

Dash scratched his head, keeping one hand firmly locked on the flight stick.

"That can happen? I didn't know just using a style could do that..."

"Take us to his apartment. I wanna check a few things out. There has to be something in there."

Dash nodded, adjusting his course accordingly.

"We'll be there is two mikes, uh... minutes. Considering the situation, expect the Local PD to be there."

He glanced out to the city, stretching for miles below him.

"Hopefully they don't call me out on those docking violations..."

After spending the past few times with his Nautolan counter part he figured he go to his estate and pay him a visit. In doing so, he had brought along another, Padawan @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] that he had became well acquainted with over their past journeys, to exchange some knowledge with the two. Both of them were equally as dim-witted when it came to their knowledge of the force and how to properly use it, in exchange the two would give him a proper lesson in hand-to-hand combat and swordsmanship. The two areas were things that he was just as dim-witted in as they were in the force. So he didn't hold their in-experiences against them.

As he approached the apartment before him he knocked on the door trying not to cause too much of a ruckus within the walls. Waiting for a few moments he looked around to see if there was anyone that could aid him in the whereabouts of his friend, but there would be none. Trying to bring his friend's presence to the door he rang the buzzer to his keep, continuing to wait before sighing. "He must have went out to get something to eat or something... He told me to be here around this time. Maybe he forgot." He spoke, not paying any mind to him perhaps being missing, though something strange drifted in the force he could sense. He'd stay quiet about it for now, however. "Odd, well I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wait a little while longer..." He said nonchalant about the disturbance he felt within the force and walked a few paces from the door, shrugging as he did so.

@[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"]

"Hopefully they don't call me out on those docking violations..."

Nattov looked left out the window, watching the massive city go by. He wondered how long it took the make the entire planet a metropolis. Seemed like a thousand years was reasonable estimate. The Geonosian looked at the HoloNet on his communicator. Coruscant was drowning in this stuff. He had flick through at least fifty different threads on multiple Holosites to find an accurate update on Hasjo's case. He found a live video, which wasn't usually done often. He turned it up for Dash to hear.

"...and so it appears that the young Nautolan Jedi has fled Coruscant via private transportation from friends or allies because there is no way he could have gotten out through public systems. Because the Investigation found Hasjo's own ship alone, further evidence points that the Jedi had to have used private transportation to get off the planet." the young human reporter continued on as Nattov tuned the video out.

"That could be a problem, Dash." Nattov stated plainly. The ship stopped moving, and descended. The hydraulics reacted as the ship landed, bouncing Nattov a bit. It seemed like a landing pad, with lights and everything, but nobody was there. They must have landed on the closest pad to Hasjo's apartment. Nattov started his wings and flew out quickly of the ship, once again hovering a metre above the landing pad. He looked down to Dash, who slowly vaulted over the side of the cockpit and landing heavily.

"Let's go." the Geonosian said, and hovered down the ramp at a moderate speed, Dash following.

----
OOC:
((The Reporter might be wrong, I don't know. We were told to make assumptions and that the holonet was buzzing with this stuff))

@[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @Moroi Wareyasui

2dgthfs.jpg

The apartment was locked, but music was on inside. The task force assigned to secure the home hadn't arrived yet. The music wasn't loud either, it was a relaxing and soothing song without vocals. When Hasjo had last left the place, he clearly expected to be coming back soon. A single light in the primary lounge room remained switched on, along with a holographic display that accessed the holonet. Ironically, the news was on. But the audio was muted. A human male stood reporting outside the scene of the crime where a womans body had been found with the head removed. His lips moved, but no sound was made.
The place was pristine and clean. No signs of struggle or disturbance. Hasjo had maintained a perfect cleanliness to the place. The other rooms were darkened, a single bathroom, bedroom and kitchen. The distant sound of CSF speedsters could be heard as they made their way enroute to the apartment. Unless they wanted to be found by the law enforcers, they didn't have much time to search around. But this place was clean, it was unlikely they would find anything.

Dash rounded the corner leading to Hasjo's apartment, only to stop and jump back against the wall, motioning for Nattov to stop.

"There's two people over there..." He said, peering down the hall toward Hasjo's domicile. He squinted, just noticing the faint shape of a lightsaber. "Oh blast.... Jedi..."

Dash's hand hovered over his Protector Slug-thrower, but common sense left it in it's holster. He had no evidence that these two harbored any ill-will, nor any proof that they were there because of Hasjo.

"Do you think they're with the CSF?" Dash said, looking over to Nattov, who seemed to grow ever impatient with him.

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"]

"I don't think so. The Jedi don't usually do that stuff, unless I'm completely wrong." Nattov said. He closed his wings and touched down quietly. "The only way to know is to find out."

And so he slowly walked around the corner, pulling out a small Geonosian blaster, but hiding it. It would be of no use against a Jedi, let alone two. "Uh.. hello. Are you looking for Hasjo too?"

Some damned sugar water would be nice, Nattov thought.

@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Dash Aandek"]

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
It was an odd friendship the boy had with the Nautolan. They were very, very different people in everything from their particular Jedi talents to the core basics of their personalities. @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] was very skilled in the more philosophical side of the force, the type of person who would be rather adept at sitting in the temple all day meditating. Moroi on the other hand needed to be up and about, doing things. His background in the more...illegal elements of society and his general aptitude of combat and critical analysis made him somewhat of a polar opposite to Dom. In addition, Moroi was devilishly handsome, daring, and captivating while Dom was more of whining ninny, an analysis not colored by bias in the slightest.

So when the whining ninny had dragged him to see his other Nautolan friend, Moroi was less than enthused. Master Yinch was otherwise occupied and Asaak Tey was off with Master Gan however, so Moroi's options were visiting the other tentacle head or meditating. He chose the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately, it seemed like he'd spend awhile sitting still doing nothing anyway as the boy had found a spot on the ground, against a wall, as Dom worriedly stared at the other's apartment door. In a fit of boredom, Moroi idly pulled out his datapad and began leafing through news stories and, lo and behold, he found the answer to their problem as the headlines depicting the tardiness of @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] flew across the small screen. Moroi bolted to his feed and pushed past Dom to the door, not bothering to say anything about his sudden change of behavior short of a quick, curt, question.

"Did your friend use any weapons outside of his lightsaber?"

It was then that a cascade of other noises flitted through the air. Moroi heard the pitter patter of steps approaching them quickly as he pulled out another small module, this one a relic of a life he had more or less left behind, but still immensely served his purposes. Forcing the small receptacle in to the maintenance port, the machine was quick at work moving through possible security codes. As the intrepid pair finally reached the two Jedi, Moroi's head perked around the bend to thoroughly look at the pair. @[member="Dash Aandek"] and @[member="Nattov"] did not look like the kind of people who would work for the CSF. Officers, at least ones that would be dispatched as a first response, would be of the more uniformed, clean cut variety. A scraggly human and a Geonosian would not be their first wave of investigators on the scene of what would be a very high profile murder. The slicer had finished working through the security door and slid it open, revealing the immaculate apartment within and prompting Moroi to turn back to Dom'rius.

"That speeder in the distance is probably the CSF...or he was expecting to be back and ordered take out, but it's about a ninety percent chance that it's the CSF. If they get here before I'm done, let them know that the Jedi are investigating the alleged murder committed by Hasjo Hallu and the disappearance of Leena Keldrono and will relinquish the crime scene when they are finished. And try to sound like a man, practice on those two."

Not waiting for him to respond, Moroi darted in to the apartment. Padawan learners were not the ones the Jedi would dispatch to a potential crime scene such as this, but, and he was sure they were all just fantastic at their jobs, the CSF trampling through here would eliminate any clue Moroi could potentially find. He wasn't convinced Hasjo hadn't killed that woman, but the other injuries on the body bothered him. Jedi weren't known for using weapons outside of their lightsabers and if he had it available, there wasn't much reason to use anything else. That made the stab wounds on the body, the uncauterized stab wounds, all the more suspicious. Moroi gently padded through the scene, illuminating the dark rooms and giving them a cursory glance, unsure what, if anything he would find in there. The holo vid in the center of the room flipped back to the image of the murdered woman and tore Moroi's attention back to it, specifically the stab wounds that were definitely not caused by a lightsaber. Something was wrong there, it didn't mean Hasjo didn't kill her, but it definitely meant that something was weird.

Remaining on the ground he began to file through all of the possible events that could have taken place since Dom's last had established communications with Hasjo. This only caused him to flurry about, increasing the worry he held for his fellow Nautolan. Though as he sat lurking about the possibilities, Moroi sought it better to begin investigating the holonet for one reason or another. It was clear that Moroi had suspicions of his own as well and would seek to news feeds to find more answers. "He's just getting food, I know he is." He stated, ignoring the disturbance he felt within the force longer. Though, just as he finished his statement he would prove to be wrong, apparently, as Moroi pulled up a news feed that was viable to their current situation. Getting up from his rear and to his feet he tried to move closer to Moroi, but his thoughts in doing so were once again reverted by disturbances held within the force. They pitter patter of feet upon the cold deck would soon come to turn around the corner, but not just yet.

"Did your friend use anyway weapons outside of his lightsaber?" Moroi asked, bringing a puzzling look to Dom's face, slightly confused by the question asked. Though he was unsure, he didn't want to make his friend out to be some sort of criminal.

"Not that I know of, why?" He stated and queried, his question would be ignored as Moroi began to slice into the apartment's security system. Success, Moroi had gained entry to Hasjo's apartment, and with haste at that. He spoke once more, giving Dom'rius orders to be a man about the upcoming events that were to take place. The words in their own send chills down his back thinking of what he meant by "sounding like a man". The two scraggly investigators had made their way toward the apartment's door, neither of them seemed to be able to provide any physical harm, though and missing hand on one of the bodies would lead him to believe he held some sort of blaster within it.

"Uh.. hello. Are you looking for Hasjo too?" The Geonosian questioned, Dom's hands slightly trembling at the thought of being blasted by the two men. They very well could have been some sort of debt collectors or even the ones that were responsible in taking Hasjo from his apartment. He'd make no assumptions, but his body language would do a poor job in hiding his fear.

"That doesn't seem something that is keen to you knowing, our business with the Padawan is strictly duty." He'd tell them more confidently than usual, nutting up for a change. Though he didn't speak truly he only wished to buy Moroi a bit of time in order to get the information he needed. "That being said, why have you two found your way to the apartment of this Padawan. Surely, he has no past troubles with any one within Coruscant. Also, might I remind you that lying before a Jedi is not a wise decision." His last sentence would be shaken up by the trembling of his hands, in preparation to use his lightsaber if he needed. He'd glance over to see how Moroi was progressing in his investigation of the apartment and then brought his gaze back to the other two.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

"Take it easy." Dash said, noticing the uncomfortable, distrusting posture of the Nautolan. "We're friends of Hasjo's."

Dash tried to peek past, noticing movement in the Apartment, and the tell-tale signs of the door being sliced.

I guess the Jedi think they're above the law... He thought. No problem. I can roll with that.

He motioned to Nattov.

"My friend here is a Private Eye. He's known Hasjo a long time." Dash paused, a coy look spreading on his face. "By the way, Nattov... what's the penalty for unlawful entry without a warrant?"

Personally, Dash didn't care much for the CSF, or law enforcement entirely for that matter, but he knew Nattov had the proper credentials as an investigator to be allowed onto a crime scene.

@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"]@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Dash paused, a coy look spreading on his face. "By the way, Nattov... what's the penalty for unlawful entry without a warrant?"

Nattov managed the Geonosian equivalent of a covert smile. Dash was a clever man, a sly bastard at that, but clever nonetheless. Nattov looked around, inhaling in the metropolitan air of the massive city. He saw Commercial News ships flying overhead, oblivious to what was going on below them. Nattov focused his vision back on the Nautolan, who seemed to be slipping by the second.

"Well, let's go over what is happening here. Trespassing, Unlawful and Forced Entry, as well as possibly interfering with a CSF investigation, not to mention - should you interfere - prevention of finding evidence leading to a potential murder and the salvation of many lives, so if you were to interfere, the blood of innocents could be linked to you. Penalty is equivalent to a 500,000 Credit Fine and 40 years in prison. In your case, expulsion from the Jedi Order would be added on top of all that. Do you really want to do this?" Nattov said, with a new seriousness.

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"]

"That's a serious Rap sheet there, friend. The Order wouldn't like that one bit, I should think." Dash said, shaking his head. "Unless of course... you were in the company of one with the proper authorization for such an action."

Dash stood at ease, hands clasped behind his back, giving the appearance of control.

"Bottom line. You can poke around, and we can cover for you with the CSF. But, you hand any evidence over to the professional." He said, motioning to Nattov. "Or you can deal with whatever it was Nattov said before. I wasn't listening honestly, it all sounded a bit nasty."

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"]

It felt like she'd been on Coruscant for exactly five minutes when she'd heard the news over the Holonet. There she had been, looking forward to maybe just ten minutes in the Jedi Archives, infinitely larger than the under-construction version on Tython, when she realized she would not be enjoying any moments of relaxation after a grueling expedition with her Master. She knew the name Hasjo Hallu, and while he was headstrong she hadn't pegged him for a murderer. She knew she needed to do something - if he truly hadn't done it, he'd need as many voices on his side as possible. There was only one way to find out.

She had only seen Hasjo's apartment from afar after the mission during which they'd both met, and even then only the building itself. She had no idea which was his or even if she'd be able to get close. With the crime he was suspected of the apartment was bound to be crawling with CSF. She made her way slowly through foot traffic, eventually coming to the cross-avenue she thought she recognized from that night a few days ago. It was strange how quickly things had changed - a Padawan regarded as a natural, dedicated...suddenly losing it and offing a woman? Stabbing her no less? If she had had any doubts about her recollection of the apartment they vanished when she caught a glimpse of tell-tale Nautolan eyes. She was about to assume that all had resolved itself when she realized it wasn't Hasjo she had spotted but Dom'rius, another Padawan.

She quickly cut to the shadows, using her time in Coruscant's Underworld to her advantage to get closer to the situation. Although she missed the majority of the conversation, including Moroi's dash inside - now wouldn't THAT be a surprise - she got close enough in time to hear a man she had never seen before claim he was a friend of Hasjo's followed by the Geonosian's litany of crimes. She had to contain an eye roll at that. She didn't know much about CSF but she didn't get the feeling either of these two had quite as much power as they claimed, even if the Geonosian really was an investigator of some kind.

She left the shadows just as she saw the flutter of Dom'rius' fingers when he asserted himself towards the strangers. The longer she watched the more obvious it seemed that the two were using Dom'rius' nerves to play the situation in their favor, and that was when Asaak allowed herself to let the eye roll fly. She was sure they were armed and she patted her lightsaber just once to reassure herself it was there before breezing between the two attempting to scare her fellow Padawan, that eye roll coming out in full force as she joined the Nautolan by the doorway. "If we're all friends of Hasjo's here, how about we work in his best interest instead of scaring each other?" She smirked just a little at the two strangers, her pointed canines peeking out. It was then that she thought she noticed a CSF speeder fast approaching out of the corner of her eye, stopping her gut from clenching and really hoping there was some sort of game plan for the situation she'd just walked in to.

She looked to the Geonosian, brushing one of her lekku over a shoulder. They were both good, very good. "Can I see some identification, Private Eye?"

@[member="Dash Aandek"] @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @[member="Nattov"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

"Can I see some identification, Private Eye?"

Nattov narrowed his eyes at the Togruta. She seemed like she was trying to deter he and Dash from continuing to investigate. But the Geonosian complied, and produced his investigation credentials from his robes. He opened them up and looked them over once more:

------------------------------
Kurik, Nattov
Geonosian
Chief Private Investigator - Murder, Manslaughter, Fraud, and Arson
Commissioned by the Coruscant Security Force on 16 of Month 3, 832 ABY
*SENATE APPROVED*
-------------------------------

He handed them over to Asaak. "This is it. Oh, and here is the warrant." He passed a sheet of extremely fine crafted parchment to the Jedi. The search warrant gave him all the rights and restrictions and political nonsense for the property, but all Nattov knew was that it let him investigate, and that was all he needed to know.

((Alright, you guys posted while I was posting twice... lol. Not fun, man.))

The Padawan began to quiver as he heard the words that were exchanged by the two that had approached him earlier, the key thing that seemed to jump out at him would be forty years in confinement. Something he didn't see to be a great place for someone like himself. He'd sit there pressing his fingers against one another, nervously, seeing Moroi in his over-extended peripherals as he searched to find any information. "I-I... I didn't mean for their to be any trouble! I just came to meet with Hasjo as we had planned to earlier! B-b-but..." He paused for a moment trying to gather his thoughts, but they were obscured by his nerves. Fearful of being thrown away to prison, or worse being removed the Jedi Order he had no other choice but to come clean as to what his friends did. "I-It was Padawan Wareyasui! Yeah, him!" He'd end up ratting out his friend, pointing into the room. "There's no way it could be me, I'm far too unknowledged in slicing to get passed a security system like the one in this place! Please forgive me!" He fell to his knees, trying not to let the water works begin to fall down his face, lowering his head to hide his fear. He continued to quiver in fear for his future as a familiar voice came about.

"If we're all friends of Hasjo's here, how about we work in his best interest instead of scaring each other?" Dom'rius was delighted to hear the words come from above him, as though she had swooped down from the heavens to rescue him from his fears. He got up slowly, recollecting himself, bringing himself behind Asaak to hide himself from the vision of the two interrogators. Though her words did make sense, why were these guys pestering him if they were life long friend's of Hasjo's? Would a friend of his be a friend of theirs? That's how Dom'rius saw it at least. She went on to ask for some identification of the Geonosian. To which he would respond adequately, handing her a warrant as well. Though it was admirable proof that they were the real deal, something still bothered Dom'rius.

"Look, we don't mean any trouble. We're just as worried about our friend as you are. Surely you'd require assistance in finding him? Depending on who we are dealing with they could be highly capable, something you blasters can't handle." The Padawan stated, flicking his hand up, knocking the blaster from it's previous position on Dash. He had mustered up enough courage to speak the words he did, but with the protection of Moroi and Asaak he had gained enough courage to act as well. "While we are Padawan, we still hold skill that is aquetable to aiding you in your endeavors. What was it, Nattov?" He'd take a stab at trying to pronounce his name correctly and would catch it spot on. He'd move from behind Asaak and walk toward the doorway of the apartment, placing his back upon it and crossing his arms.

Dash cocked his head in confusion as the Nautolan swiped at his Slug-thrower, which was still sitting snugly in it's holster.

"Look, We can sit here and gab about this, but the bottom line is, Jedi or not, we have authorization to be here, you don't. Once the CSF gets here, you guys are liable to be held on charges. That is unless Nattov vouches for you. So, if you would please stand aside, and let us through; We can get this over with, and start looking for Hasjo proper."

He looked over to The other Jedi inside the apartment.

"Assuming any evidence that might be there hasn't been tampered with."

Dash rubbed his chin in thought.

"By the way... have any of you had contact with Hasjo recently? Before the murder, I mean."

@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @Nattov @Asaak Tey @[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
Moroi took one more scan through the other rooms in the house and found absolutely nothing. Outside of the knowledge that Hasjo was completely and utterly anal about being clean and the holo-vid depicting the victim's body, there was not much more information to be gleaned from this apartment, but what Moroi had mined was incredibly incredibly useful. It had given him a much deeper insight in to Hasjo himself, it didn't tell him what happened, or if Hasjo was innocent, but it did tell him that the "Nautolan murders woman and takes other Padawan off to do naughty things in the dark" theory made no sense whatsoever. Moroi turned to head back to the door when he heard the culmination of the argument outside coming to a head, followed by a voice he was both elated and annoyed to hear. He loved @[member="Asaak Tey"], but this was definitely not the best time for her dreamy idealism. At the same time, he knew better than to try to dissuade her from being here, even when he was right he still managed to lose every argument. It was uncanny. He would simply have to accept that she was with them now and perhaps she could be useful. She definitely had more of a spine than Dom'rius at least. Not all that much of an accomplishment, but credit where credit is due. Worst case scenario Moroi figured she was still better at flying a ship than he was if it came down to it.

"What did I tell you about growing a spine?"

It was then that he heard Dom'rius speak and his spirits sank. Not because he was ratting Moroi out, he really didn't care, their quarry was a Jedi which made this, surprise surprise, a Jedi matter, but because they had just been talking about this not five minutes earlier. In one swift motion, Moroi had rocketed out of the middle of the apartment and right behind @[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] before delivering a hard "thwack," which was administered promptly to the back side of his tentacle laden head. A severe look was on Moroi's face as he did this, but it wasn't a vicious thing, more like a stern, disappointed father. Even if he was going to continuously snitch on Moroi, he was going to need some semblance of a backbone if he wished to be a Jedi and stare down the genuinely vicious things in this galaxy, like the Sith, or a Rancor, or heaven forbid a Huttcor. An exasperated sigh escaped him as he watched their scruffy guests threaten them with charges that Moroi honestly didn't care about. The CSF wasn't going to arrest Jedi who were investigating a Jedi, lawful entry in to his premises or not, and their attempt to strong arm Jedi of all things in to cooperating with them was really quite sad. Moroi did not bother giving @[member="Asaak Tey"] a chance to respond to the man's credentials or his warrant before fully unveiling himself as the snarky brain of the outfit, and doing so with maximum smugness applied.

"We're here because we had contact with the Nautolan. You can go inside and play with your warrant if you want, but there's nothing in there that says where @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] has gone. Your warrant is useful pretty exclusively as toilet paper. We're going to his impounded ship, if you really care about those horribly grievous penalties the CSF are going to levy against Jedi investigating Jedi, you are welcome to come along and flash your credentials, I'm going anyway."

With that, the young man walked past the two non-Jedi, @[member="Nattov"] and @[member="Dash Aandek"] in the hallway and went for the door. He expected Asa and Dom to follow him, well, he expected Dom to wet himself and then follow him, but follow him all the same. If the other pair decided to come with them, great, he wasn't blind enough to think the Jedi were the only useful people out there and they could very well come in handy. If they decided to stay behind and catch up with them later, he figured they'd miss out spending time in the apartment but they'd be useful later all the same. If they decided to stay out of their way, well, more power to them, Moroi was confident that he, Asa and D...he and Asa could handle whatever challenges came their way. Whether the others followed him or not, Moroi spoke out loud for the benefit of his Jedi companions.

"If Dom is right and the man used no weapons outside of his lightsaber on a regular basis, the wounds that aren't cauterized should not be there. On top of that, you could see inside the apartment from where you stood Dom, the place was immaculate, cleaned to perfection. Either it was intentionally cleaned like that by someone else, which feels like a stretch, or Hasjo is an incredibly disciplined person, to the point of being anal retentive. That kind of person would not leave uncauterized wounds on a body and the definitely would not have left the body in such an easy place to find and would even still not have committed it in a place to be seen, he's too clever for that. Plus, the police found the body two hours after the T.O.D. If he really needed to make a quick getaway off the planet, that's more than enough time to get to his ship and get off the planet. He's either still on Coruscant for a reason or someone took him...so we'll go look for the latter. If it's the former then we still have a chance to catch him later."

The Coruscant Security Force had arrived, and in quite some serious strength. Two investigators stood before a heavily-armed squadron of law-enforcers, blaster rifles held in their hands. Outside their flashing lights could still be seen from their speeders. Suddenly, a small astromech droid of the R9 series, painted orange. Came screeching down the hallway at full speed on his little treads. A larger, humanoid droid was clunking after him "I'm gonna get you astromech!" he called. The CSF droid captured the astromech, lifting him off the ground while another CSF droid switched him off. They turned around and began to walk towards the speeders. The lead investigator, Tob Bala was far from impressed if one judged by his sour expression. He was a Zabrack with tan skin. He approached the group, speaking a loud "You've had contact with the Nautolan?" he raised a brow as if to reassure himself that is what he had heard. He turned to one of the officers, nodded to Moroi and spoke "Take him back to the station for questioning."
"Yes sir, on it sir" the armoured grunt replied, rushing forward to the Padawan, offering him the chance to go freely "You're coming with me." This was when the other investigator, a woman by the name of Zulai Tysuinq, a Rodian, moved to the front door. She crouched by the entrance, inspecting it. She turned to the group "The doors been sliced, who in the name of all that's unholy interfered with an investigation" she then asked "Or did you find it like this..?" She stood, crossing her arms against her chest. It told everyone; she wasn't believing a word they would say. She then raised a brow at the Geonosian "Ah, why didn't you mention you were working this case, Nattov. Sitrep, pronto"

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"] | @[member="Dash Aandek"] |@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] | @[member="Nattov"] |@[member="Asaak Tey"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom