Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public When No One's Looking || Club Thread

Arkus considered himself an excellent judge of character, when sober - unfortunately, he was only sober when he couldn't help it.

As such, it came as no surprise that he misinterpreted her exclamation as one of joyous acceptance, not the harsh rebuke it was meant to be. Due to this slip-up, her follow-up punch caught him with his hand down his pocket - the one where he kept his best spice packages, specifically.

"Agh. Ah-ooof." Reeling back from the Zeltron's surprisingly effective punch, he recovered just enough to fall back into a defensive stance. Finally. You know what to do - drive the fear of you into her. One hand remained in his pocket and through it, he felt a burst baggie. Wasted spice, unless...

In a stroke of tactical genius - or wastefulness, depending on your perspective - he flung the narcospice directly at her face.

Arkus did not, of course, know she was a recovering addict; had he known, he would have been even more enthusiastic.​

The Cat Knows Where It's At
There was a lot going on.

Too much for one cat to really care about anyone's particular situation.

There was a commotion at the front, but there was a commotion everywhere. This blasted bass-heavy music wasn't helping, it throbbed in all the wrong places and people were way too busy and possibly drunk to care about its quality. It didn't help that security was now onto her case but she was doing her best to lead them through a chaotic dance floor.

That's when she felt it.

A disturbance in the Force.

Nope. No, not that.

The cat stopped to scratch behind her ear and then moved through the bar and caught a whiff of spice.

Ria narrowed her focus, she saw a lady and a man.

Kitty instincts kicked in and she ran with the full force of a Jawa racing after salvage. Leaping up high the cat had a wild catnip look in her eyes as she readied her murder mittens and activated them. Claws aimed directly at Zelannia Arcrin Zelannia Arcrin 's beautiful face.

Yula Perl Yula Perl

A cloud of red powder exploded in her face, sending Yula stumbling away and into a hacking cough. The short victory of her punch was forgotten, replaced by the pleasant tingle of spice seeping through her mucous membranes.

A blur of orange and white streaked through the club lights and surged on her assailant—who was, for the record, reactively defending himself against Yula. The Zeltron's pupils grew dangerously wide, nearly eclipsing the green of her irises as she swayed on her feet. A pleasant smile drifted onto her face, and her features softened as if she hadn't been threatening a man over…something, only moments ago.

"Popsicles! What are you doing here?" She giggled deliriously as the feisty cat set about her assault, mistaking the feline for Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 'sown. Reaching out, she attempted to pry the kitty away from Zelannia Arcrin Zelannia Arcrin and his face.

Ria the Cat Ria the Cat

Drugs, man.

Powerful.

The cat must have gotten more than just a whiff as it powered through the air. Wildly it was attempting to redecorate Zelannia Arcrin Zelannia Arcrin 's face, it was only when the word popsicles were mentioned that the cat reacted. Really, Ria reacted, the human soul inside the cat was alerted to the sound of something pleasant. The cat let itself be plucked away from the man and took to Yula Perl Yula Perl 's shoulder with ease as if it belonged there. "Names Ria, or Mittens if you're from Eshan." It mentioned casually while butting its head against Yula's ear.

The orange and white feline's eyes were also dilated but man, colors - all the colors man. The cat was suddenly aware of all the colors and man those colors tasted really weird. Oddly, the feline might've been nibling at hair, Yula's to be exact.

Yu Karloo

Y
She had ascended to the second floor, leaning against the rail to peer at the floor below. From that vantage point, the dance floor was a undulating sea of bodies and waving rave lights. In her 'consciously elevated' state, the dance floor became hypnotic as the mass moved in time with the seductive thrum of the loud music. Until she was distracted. Although the sound of the tumult just off the floor couldn't be heard, Yu could definitely see it. A fight had broken out between the two she had witnessed earlier, feeling some twisted satisfaction that the encounter didn't turn out amiably, but violently. A cloud of red spice dust suddenly appeared between them, and then, of all things, an angry feline creature. It was like watching a holonet sitcom unfolding.

All Yu could think was what a waste of spice.

While the fiasco unfolding below was interesting, the Nautolan pirate remembered the redhead at the railing, and spotted her just a bit further down. She made her way their, passing a lovely man in a shirt that seemed hand made to accentuate his tasty frame. She smiled, may have even giggled to herself as he passed. Then, she approached the woman whom she assumed to be Joza Perl. Upclose, and in the constantly moving lights, it was hard to discern the woman's color, Yu vaguely noticed a resemblance between the redhead and the woman in the scuffle below.

"My apologies for interrupting." Yu began, donning her aristocratic demeanor. "Are you the Perl who is the proprietor of the club?" The noble-corsair inquired, her feminine mouth curling into a polite smile. She had learned that speaking a bit slower and concise could conceal the effects of casual spice use. It was also an advantage Yu understood, in that her large all-black eyes could more easily veil drunkeness and the influence of drugs.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kahlil_Div2.png

Dancing was fun. Probably the most fun he'd had in a while. Didn't matter he looked the fool with.. Well. He didn't really have rhythm so yeah. Definitely looked the fool. Then, chaos. Or something like it. His gaze pulled, glancing around. .. Oh. A cat. And.. Yula. He paused his dance, watching for a moment, then turned his gaze back to Valery Noble Valery Noble . "Yula owns the place? Did you know that?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Clubbing outfit!
As chaos erupted around the two, Valery stopped dancing and traced his gaze around the room, noting the cat and people fighting. wait, was that Yula? She blinked and looked back at Kahlil, who seemed just as surprised as her.
"I had no idea, but can't say I'm surprised," Valery said as she squinted in the pink woman's direction.
"She seems to be having an interesting night..."
n0m34qi.png

His tactical genius had worked just as expected, its target visibly dazed by his tragically sacrificed narcospice.

Before he could celebrate and/or look for more substances to consume, he was viciously attacked - by a cat. Landing on his face, the furry ball of hate and claws attacked his handsome/punchable face with claws that were thankfully relatively small. Well. Better than a knife, at least.

A scream muffled by his refusal to open his mouth, given the circumstances, he fell back against the bar, desperately shielding his eyes while trying to bat the hellbeast with the far from eerie accuracy of a sightless, intoxicated socialite. Shameful. The creature should already be dead and broken.

Confused as he was, he kept flailing wildly for a few seconds even after the cat had been removed by his erstwhile opponent.

"Aaah. Ouch. Get that beast away from me." Moving back several long steps, one hand fingered a hidden jabbagrabba while the other grabbed a small bottle of whiskey directly from the hands of a startled bartender. The Tetan promptly began drinking as if that would vanish the scratches.

You really should have that looked at. The poor cat may well be diseased.

Tags: (Open to interaction)
Outfit: Dress
Hairstyle: Braided
Objective: Get as drunk as possible as cheaply as possible

Kat was not really sure what pulled her to the nightclub, especially one that was charging an entry fee, and a high price too. Where was she going to find 1,000 ucks laying around? Luckily, she had managed to covert some of the profits she had from her company to the ucks that she needed to get in. It was a hassle but she was pretty desperate to get into the club since it was some place new and was charging. So it had to be good and at least not filled with creeps that thought she would be interested in them and all their cheesy pick up lines. Checking the braids in her hair, she looked around the room and noticed people dancing and enjoying the music that was blasting through the club. Kat made her way to the bar and leaned on it, waiting for the bartender to notice her.

"Strongest drink you got, in the largest measure you can give me." Kat shouted her order to be heard over the music, she was adamant to get a few of the drinks in her before she even decided to attempt chatting a woman up. After Allyson, Kat had been never felt so alone and isolated, so she was just attempting to fill the void with booze and one night stands. Sometimes both, sometimes she would just wake up in a alleyway with a wicked hangover. She watched as the bartender came over and placed her drink on the counter. She took it and drank it heavily, tasting the burning feeling in her chest as the liquid was perfect for her. Looking around the bar, she tried to sense out whether or not there would be anyone of interest to interact with or anyone she knew to talk to around here. It had been so long since she had seen friends or people she knew from GA and SJO.

All of the Zeltron's aggression melted away in a drug-induced haze. The lights in the club were all melting tighter, and she felt good. Even the ache in her hand from slugging a socialite in the face didn't bother her anymore.

She idly patted the cat who'd taken up residence on her shoulder, marveling with childlike stupor at the sensation of fur beneath her fingertips. "Hello, Ria. Have you been here long?" Yula chuckled quietly as the feline nibbled on her hair, and turned to the Tetan who was trying to drown out the situation with a slug of whiskey. If she didn't look mentally unstable before, now she was talking to a cat.

"Have you met Mittens? You look like your from Eshan." She pointed out with a delirious smile, motioning to the man's white hair. "It's b—Dear Force, what happened to your face?"

Zelannia Arcrin Zelannia Arcrin Ria the Cat Ria the Cat

"Maybe, not sure. I fell asleep in some rather nice crates out back, then I ended up here." Ria remarked once more nuzzling close to Yula's ear before settling on the Zeltron's other shoulder. The dust of spice left the cat pawing at its nose in a futile attempt to get the drug out of her system. She wondered if her time spent in the Outback did any good for holding off the effects. Even if, she was already feeling the effects without much notice. Perhaps that is what was most dreaded of all - not noticing the effects at all.
The cat hissed toward Tetan, followed by a low, agitated growl. This boshtet isn't from Eshan, he's much too ugly. My claws can help pretty his face up, just hold him still. She licked at her fanged teeth and laid low on Yula's shoulder. The cat's fur brushed up against the crook of the woman's neck. I'm what happened to his face. Also, I'm not diseased, except maybe with insanity for the number of years I spent around the Varanins.

"My apologies for interrupting." Yu began, donning her aristocratic demeanor. "Are you the Perl who is the proprietor of the club?"

Kyra's back went rigid in an instant, wide eyes betraying child-like panic. It all disappeared as quick as it came, the girl straightening and lowering her drink from her mouth. "I- wha- Yes. Why yes. That's me. I'm Madame Perl." She dipped her chin in a demure rendition of her mothers own grace.

...Her... sensual grace, which made the concept all that much more unappealing to mimic as her child, but some things had not been thought through. She pressed her lips together in a subtle grimace.

"And you are..." She let the word hand in the air, her vowels longer and round in her mouth.

Did her mom speak to sith that way?

Yu Karloo

Last edited:
Was it possible for a plan to work too well?

The Zeltron had been dissuaded, but in the process seemed to slip further and further into lunacy. Which was saying something, coming from Arkus. It was not the sort of thing he wanted to have to deal with, especially in his current state. Another sip of whiskey helped somewhat. "What are you even... mittens? My face? That's, I mean, you were right here. For feths sake, I need something stronger still."

Just as he finished speaking his face contorted in something between pain and concentration. "Oh, what the fuck." For the briefest of moments, he had looked different - as if a visage of red skin and bony ridges had been overlaid over his more run-of-the-mill features.

The creature senses me. It needs to die. Grimacing in annoyance, he glanced at the cat in visible confusion.

This day was getting worse and worse. Another long sip of whiskey helped distract him.​

Yu Karloo

Y
There was a moment of stiffness in the woman when Yu spoke, but the Nautolan attributed that to her sudden appearance. With the loud music and nearly mesmerizing view, the pirated noble could see how the club owner could be startled. The redhead quickly regained composure and greeted Yu with a graceful nod.

The young woman was beautiful, true to the reputation of Joza Perl, as was her pink complexion and crimson mane. The Nautolan had never seen Joza Perl, only knew her by reputation. Up close, Yu found the club owner to appear quite young, younger than she would have expected. Yu believed Joza Perl had grown daughters, but this woman appeared barely an adult. The spice and liquor marinating the usually astute Nautolan allowed the inconsistency to pass, for the moment, as the lovely redhead spoke.

"Yu Karloo." The Nautolan replied with a subtle bow, omitting the titles she usually used when introducing herself, either Lady or Captain, depending upon the situation. That night, she was simply Yu, a woman enjoying the fun of the evening.

A hand rested gracefully on the rail as Yu gently pivoted to peer down to the dance floor again. Then her hand lifted to caress the gold metal band around one head tentacle draped over her shoulder. Her head angled towards Perl. "Quite a festive crowd tonight." Yu complemented, her feminine lips curling into a genuine smile as her large black eyes glistened. "How long have you run this establishment?" The Nautolan inquired, her gaze peering again to the dance floor, curious about the young redhead.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Last edited by a moderator:

Yu Karloo

Y
As Yu mounted the stairs, she noted a man, clearly a club employee, speaking with the redhead. Perhaps she was Ms. Perl, or at least of the family. The Nautolan waited patiently for the employee to depart before approaching the young redhead. Upon a closer look, the lovely woman appeared quite young. Yu's curiosity was piqued and, after taking a sip of her drink, approached the crimson-haired woman.

She offered a smile, glancing down to the dance floor where patrons were gyrating and bobbing to the heavy beat. Her all-black gaze returned to the woman. Yu's all black gaze turned to the woman. "Excuse my interruption. I am Yu Karloo. An excellent night to club, everyone is having a splendid time." The Nautolan commented. "Would you be Ms. Perl, the proprietor?" Yu added, voicing her curiosity.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom