Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private When ESD Comes Knocking

Zela Urrin

ESD, Covert Observation Agent
Zela Urrin did not like these trips to go scout out potential recruits. She knew it wasn’t particularly popular with the Tier-1 teams that tended to get scouted in the first place, and it would be even worse with her. After all, Zela was once one of them. But she had a job to do, and was going to go do it. Checking to be sure her civilian clothes, namely a trench coat, a loose long-sleeve shirt, and loose cargo pants and tennis shoes weren’t showing the multitude of weapons she normally had hidden on her person Zela opened the door to the training room floor where there were a handful of operators lifting weights or boxing ferociously.

Zela just leaned on the railing overlooking the familiar sight as she looked for her prospective recruit. And seeing the bright red hair she knew she’d found her.

Kimberly Remus Kimberly Remus

Kim had her hands taped up and was furiously working a bag. The speed and ferocity that she was hitting it with surpassed anyone in the gym. But it was obvious she was working through something else. Her knuckles were bloody with how long that she had been hitting the bag. Through her memory went the awful things flashing by through her life. He strikes became quicker and quicker until she finished with a huge haymaker with her right hand.

The area around her got silent as everyone looked to the loud noise. Sand fell from the bag as it had been split open by the force of the punch. Kim just stood there, breathing hard and calming herself. After about a minute, the gym went back to its normal noise and Kim headed off to a bench where a water bottle and towel sat. Her red hair stuck to her forehead from the sweat and her body glistened next to the black of her sports bra and yoga pants. She sat down and wiped off her face, taking a drink from the bottle.

Zela Urrin

Zela saw the red shimmer left on the bag Kim had been working over. She’d seen dedicated warriors before, but this was simply madness to her eye. Walking down the stairs she was now on the soft padding of the gym floor and walked with hands in her pockets, one of which had a blaster in it, one of several she had on her person.

“Sergeant...Remus is it?” Zela asked as she walked up to her side, not wanting to come up behind the younger woman.

Kim looked up at the woman and quickly assessed her. Civilian clothes, well put together so she knew what she was doing. Kim could spot a spy when there was one though, and even though this agent was good it was her training. The baggy clothing made it difficult to tell how many weapons she was hiding, but she guessed at least two with a knife and possibly a grenade, and maybe more.

"Depends on who's asking," Kim said, unwrapping the bloody tape from her hands.

Zela Urrin

“Covert Observation Agent Zela Urrin,” she said, pulling her trench coat away from her hip to show her golden badge on its leather holder on her belt, right next to her main service pistol, “You busy?”

Kim glanced up at the agent knowing she nailed it on the mark. The badge was legit, right next to one of the blasters she was carrying. At least this was one on her side, at least as close as sides could get in mandatory military service. She was always on the lookout for any Agents sent by Johann to take revenge. Kim sighed, and started working on her left hand.

"Do I have a choice even if I am?" Kim asked, semi-sarcastically. Zela clearly outranked her in this situation, so if Zela wanted to talk, Kim didn't really have a choice.

Zela Urrin

“I didn’t when I was in your position,” Zela shrugged as she just sat down on a bench in front of her, “You know that ESD isn’t the only government group who has been keeping an eye on you, right? There’s a bit of a competition to recruit you right now. I just happened to beat the others. Although you knew that already, seeing as you’re trained somewhat in both espionage...and the Force.”

Kim chuckled, knowing the game, and Zela was playing it well. A bit of flattery mixed with some drop of decently classified information, especially that one would consider more private, shows off skill and strength beautifully.

"Well I'm honored to have so many people interested in my abilities," Kim said, taking another drink of water as she looked back up at Zela. "So, the ESD wants me huh? That why you're here?"

Zela Urrin

“Unless you have signed a contract with ISD or the Silver Guardians,” Zela shrugged, “We do pay better than the ISD, and unlike the Silvers we get to go see the galaxy and don’t mess with mundane investigations,” she said, somewhat sarcastically, the Silver Guardians didn’t do anything mundane, she was just doing her sales pitch. Recruiting amongst the intelligence branches was pretty cut throat and very competitive.

Kim leaned back then, probably what name was being talked about, and it wasn't hers.

"You're going after Johann?" Kim asked, knowing how personal of a topic that was for her.

Zela Urrin

“It’s an option if the opportunity presents itself,” Zela replied honestly, but then shrugged, “But...he’s managed to evade the intelligence services of ours and many other governments for years, although our latest efforts seem to have been more lip service than actual effort. It isn’t a matter of ‘we’re going to pick him up after lunch’. Although you knew that already.”

"But you can offer me the resources to find and kill him," Kim said, knowing that this would be a big part in her decision.

More than anything in the world, she wanted revenge. She got revenge for her master when she wiped out the entire pirate guild that had been attacking when her master had died. Anyone who assaulted her against their will found themselves a most painful death. The only person that had evaded her had been Johann, and it never sat right with her.

Zela Urrin

“Resources we most certainly have,” Zela nodded in agreement, seeing the drive behind this woman, “And tell me, what is it you would do, after killing him? How much have thought of that?”

Zela Urrin

“There’s quite a few options here,” Zela offered, trying to use normal conversation to establish a bit of a relationship, “Spec ops get recruited quite readily for private contractors and security consultants. Or a career with ESD can have its benefits, I know I’m set for life for my health insurance and my retirement benefits can get me a nice beach house on Pianta or Delfino.”

"So if I hypothetically were to accept your offer," Kim said, standing up and starting to head to the locker room, gesturing to Zela to follow. "What would I get right off the bat?"

Zela Urrin

“You’d get your life insurance and health insurance right off the bat, and your salary would begin the day you sign the contract. But it also entails you resigning from the military, which means you would lose your neural implant,” Zela pointed to the back of her own neck where Crossroads military personnel receive their implants, and only lose them in the even of a medical emergency or procedure, or when they reach 55, the age when military reservists are dismissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom