Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private When Calls the Wolf | Evor

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
VarDiv.png

Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
WEAPONS: Wolfsbane | Ferrum Solus | Blodmåne | Strømafbryder
TAG: Evor Evor

Jutraand. The Sith Academy. Gerwald rarely ventured into the dark institution. Many of the students there would never be among the rank and file of the Sith as their bones would litter the graves of all those who failed to simply empress those tasked with determining who gained access to the teachings of the Sith. Strength was required, but strength alone left many rotting corpses for the vulture like scavengers which engorged themselves with each passing day.

The wolf had arrived for one reason. He wanted to shape a recently new acquaintance and finish the lessons needed for the man to become a formidable Lord of the Sith Order. It was not without an agenda. Gerwald’s ambition to be seen as more than the lap dog of the emperor required that he have those willing to carry out his will without question. Yet, the lupine was not looking for just anyone, no, he needed his allies to be powerful, yet cunning, strong, yet patient. They needed to strike fear wherever they went rather than be blunt instruments of senseless death and destruction.

There were already too many Sith that had a bloodlust which could not be tamed. Gerwald needed those who knew what it meant to be a wolf, to hunt and stalk its prey.

He needed predators.

Evor Evor was such a one, or at least he had displayed enough potential that Gerwald had wanted to meet him again. The Lord left specific instructions to meet at the academy in the furthest back training room. Orders had been given to leave the two alone no matter what sounds or noises came from the room. Since he was the Emperor’s Wrath, his orders were not questioned.

The wolf had already prepared Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath that his absence may be for longer than she would find comfortable. He hated being any distance from her that kept her out of the reach of his touch. It was unavoidable that times and duty would demand such. Whatever their feelings and instincts were, the two had given their lives over to duty. It had demanded many sacrifices of them, and even if Gerwald was loath to pay them, he would.

His presence filled the room. Gerwald did nothing to mask his aura nor his power. It was meant to intimidate those who were not permitted to enter, and to test whether this Knight of the Sith would shrink under one with such a command of the Dark Side. The wolf was not the novice he had been over decades ago when Naedira had tasted death at the hand of the Mountain. He was not the naive and foolish paladin which had run off to avenge the death of a woman he had loved but never told. No, Gerwald was a Lord of the Sith, former Lord Commander of the Knights Obsidian. While he had yet to see it in himself, Gerwald Lechner was one of the few who were truly powerful in the galaxy.

The day he knew it would be a dangerous one.

His eyes focused on the entrance. Gerwald was ever patient. Even when he was in his human form the wolf was stalking his prey. It made it easy to be still as he waited for Evor to enter. With his presence outstretched, he would know it the moment he arrived. It was time for Gerwald to once again build around himself a force loyal to his cause.

He hoped Evor would be among them.

APPEARANCE:[x]
WEAPON:[x]
TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

A call to the Sith academy had never been on the radar for Evor. His tutelage under Reverance had always been far more… hands on and spontaneous. In fact, he loathed the academy and all that it stood for. After all, Pain was a very convincing teacher and spared no one. There was no playing favorites or deceiving pain. It did not need the pomp and circumstance to drive its point home. Yet still he went, it would be rude after all to ignore an invitation from the Emperor's Wrath.

Little was known to Evor of the man who called himself Gerwald. The man, or perhaps after what he had seen on Fiviune calling him a beast was more accurate, had been bestowed with a lofty title by the Emperor himself. But beyond that he knew little of where he came from, who he called friend and what he had achieved, or what he hoped to achieve. All he knew was that he was a fierce warrior and carried influence within the Order, and that was enough for Evor. He still had much to learn before he would get the respect and fear he thought he deserved, and perhaps Gerwald would be the one to help him achieve that.

A phantom in surprisingly empty halls, Evor walked toward where he had been instructed to meet the wolf. It was not long before he felt the presence of Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner pressing upon his mind, looking to impose itself upon Evor. He let the other man’s presence surround him, but not overpower him. He had lived a hard life, full of strife and lessons learned the hard way. His inner fire hid behind a wall of steel, protecting him for the time being. Pain had calloused him already, its rigid defenses ever present in the young mind.

He would not be broken.

Not yet at least.

The door before him grew closer, each step taking him toward what could very well be his doom if he did not live up to expectations. To show any weakness now would spell the end of his rather boring, albeit violent, time as one in command of the force. The door automatically slid open automatically with a soft, almost inaudible hissing noise when he was several paces from it. He did not pause to knock or announce himself. He simply walked into the room, inching closer to his fate.

Bloodshot eyes darted around the room as he entered, doing what he could to familiarize himself with the environment before him. When his eyes fell upon Gerwald that is where they stayed. He stopped several yards before Gerwald, his arms hanging idly by his side. His right thumb twitched once, as if trying to spark the lighter that was never far from his tar-stained hands. A single nod was all that was offered to the Emperors Wrath before his voice filled the chambers around them.

“You called for me, Lord Lechner?”

VarDiv.png

Ger.png

“I did,” the stoic response came.

Blue eyes darted to look upon the man once more. They had not met since their shared venture, and the wolf wanted to be sure his assessment of the man’s stature was the same. This was not battle, this was something else entirely. How he handled himself when facing one more powerful was a test itself. An amused smile crossed his lips as the forged cage barred Gewald entry to the man’s mind.

It would not matter. The wolf had spent enough time with Srina Talon Srina Talon to have learned how to find a weakness and exploit it. In fact, she would simply tear into it if she wished. This time Gerwald did not find the need to. Evor was cautious, even in his confidence. It meant he was smart, and the lupine liked it.

“There are those who would simply break down the defenses you hide your inner self behind. Do not give them a reason to.”

He stepped closer.

“Do not give me a reason to.”

Was he demanding the man drop his guard, no. It was a warning, simple and plain as that. This one had been far from home for a time. Much had changed among the sith since he last found himself under the servitude of them. Gerwald could work with such a one because they had never known each other. He did not know Gerwald’s recent rise to power, nor did Gerwald know his previous teacher.

This was a moment of opportunity, a relationship of opportunity. For Gerwald to expand his reach into the empire, to do what Empyrean was demanding of him, the wolf needed Sith like Evor.

“I was impressed by the way you handled yourself. I thought… here is one that has tasted power, been taught in the ways of the dark side, but lacks the finesse and attunement often carried by the Lords of this order.”

The wolf turned away as he walked closer to the center of the room. His wolfish grin not once falling from his lips.

“I saw potential. More importantly, I saw that it was potential I could mold. If I were to finish what your master started, would you seize the opportunity? What kind of Sith are you?”

712g0yKdx6U77yGoAO6SpkYAqeNTk9izz1NQDijJV7DGCZ9J0YE55igdkQunA27fgGurS2T3ZSiRd6UKzP0HL5M2nGwvqA464YUYduGr8DHW3CWj-4apBkXgK3pPDbUscvfh45r9MWzWYBz4faaD5w
APPEARANCE:
[x]
WEAPON:[x]

A ghost of a smile traced his lips when Gerwald stepped forward, inching closer to him. He was not afraid of pain, or even death. If the Sith Lord was to challenge him, in any capacity, he would eagerly accept even with the odds against him. The sluggish and scared did not get far in life, especially within the ranks of the Sith. Pain, strife and loss is what caused a Sith to grow, nothing else. To say that being studious or a socialite is what caused power and growth was a laughable idea, which is why he chose to be the antithesis to it.

But the man's words rang a slightly different tune. He saw that Evor had already undergone the most basic transformation that all Sith must go through. Only when the past has been let go off can a Sith look toward the future. The familial bonds, childhood memories and acquired tastes of luxury no longer mattered. He had been consumed by the teachings of Pain, and Gerwald recognized that it was on him to build upon them.

The ghost of a smile turned into a devilish smirk, half confidence and half goading. The Wolf may break into his mind, but would quickly find that whatever was inside was already broken itself. His mind was strong, and though the Lord could eventually burrow his way inside, Evor would do all he could to fight back and draw out the process.

He simply grunted softly at the man's muted, half-warning. There was no point showing the ever-present snark that haunted him just yet.

“Thank you, Lord Lechner.”

He pauses for a moment, chewing on his words.

“Your assessment is correct. I have been shown this great power, but its use is unrefined and needs work,” he replies somewhat flatly. He could be critical of himself, but he would not let the truth bother him. “My time with Lord Reverance was cut regrettably short."

A soft, low chuckle escaped his lips.
“I would not be standing before you today, Lord Lechner, if I was not the kind who seized opportunities when they were presented. I would not be even remotely in control of the power flowing through me if I did not seize opportunities given to me. I am the kind of Sith who is ready for more.”

VarDiv.png

Ger.png

"I did not call it an assessment," Gerwald quipped quickly. "It was simply an observation."

To the wolf there was a difference. Evor had been tested by the battle, but he had not been tested by Gerwald personally. What he had observed in battle made Gerwald want to find out first hand what the Sith Knight was capable of. That meant what they were doing in the room was a test. It was designed to move beyond observation and into the realm of evaluation. The wolf wanted to know if his efforts would be a waste of time. To do so required first hand knowledge he did not have yet.

"Your assessment started when you walked through the door."

Gerwald smirked. There was no need to say anymore. The young Knight had a level of pride in his accomplishments. There was nothing wrong with that. He understood the difference between testing power and having it, mastering it. The name of his former master was not as known to Gerwald as it should have been, but the lupine was not an ordinary Sith which possessed the basic history of other Great Sith.

At least he seized opportunities, or claimed to. It was his self evaluation, the statement he was ready for more which piqued the wolf's interest however. It was not uncommon for younger Sith to make a claim. Even Gerwald had said the same thing at one point. He had learned the folly of those thoughts. No one was ready for more when it came. They thought they were, but when the responsibility or power was theirs to possess, it was often overwhelming at first.

One did not obtain more without first growing into it, learning to bear the weight which came with it.

"And that is what I am here to determine. Are you, in fact, ready for more?"

The wolf stepped closer again. He could smell the arrogance of the young man. This was different than his pride. Evor thought more of himself than he should, and Gerwald was determined to prove it. The Sith would only know true power once he understood his own limitations. Evor could not cast off his restraints if he did not know what they were.

"Tell me, young one, did Reverence ever break you?"

712g0yKdx6U77yGoAO6SpkYAqeNTk9izz1NQDijJV7DGCZ9J0YE55igdkQunA27fgGurS2T3ZSiRd6UKzP0HL5M2nGwvqA464YUYduGr8DHW3CWj-4apBkXgK3pPDbUscvfh45r9MWzWYBz4faaD5w

APPEARANCE: [x]
WEAPON: [x]

The corners of Evors mouth twitched slightly as Gerwald verbally jabbed back at him. Deep down he was glad that the man before him had a sense of humor, he had always found the drab or theatrical Sith Lords to be a wolf in sheeps skin. Gerwald, on the other hand, was undoubtedly just wolf and no sheep. Respect was something earned, not freely given, and Gerwalds stock was skyrocketing in Evors eyes.

For perhaps born of his ego, or simple lack of decorum, Evor found himself assessing Gerwald just as much as he was assessing Evor. He knew that he did not stack up to even a mid-level knight. His ego was not a child of power, but rather pain. He knew that he needed a proper Master again. He knew what he could become. But what he didn’t know was whether Gerwald was capable of pushing him into his potential. At least not until that moment.

“Again, Lord Lechner. I would not be here if I was not ready,” he says, returning the man's stoic attitude. The time for snark had passed, he would let the Lord play his game and get what was coming to him. Unsure if the man had only wanted a straightforward answer, he tacked onto the end, “Yes. I am ready for more.”

He paused for a moment on Gerwalds final question. It did not stump him, no, but truthfully he no longer knew the meaning of breaking someone. He had been broken by Reverance, the contrast in skill and raw power stark. He had been broken by life, a series of bad decisions after another. He had seen Knights bested by Lords, Lords bested by Emperors, Emperors bested by Gods. It seemed the breaking never stopped, nor did he expect it to.

He kept it simple.

“Yes, Lord Lechner, he did.”

VarDiv.png

Ger.png

"THAT, is a thing I will determine," the wolf barked. “You say you are ready, you have said twice now, and yet not only did I see what you are capable of, potential, I also saw the things that hold you back.”

His eyes bore into the man in front of him.

“You say that Reverence broke you, but what have you done to break yourself? The Sith preach that it is through victory you chains are broken, and so you must have that. Until you taste unbridled success in the face of what seems impossible, you will not be capable of more.”

Gerwald’s words were not kind, or he could see how they would be interpreted as cruel. Yet the beast was always evaluating, especially those he was considering for a placement at his side. While the young Sith was not in need of a master per se, he did need guidance, and Gerwald would be remiss if he did not repay those who invested in him by carrying on their legacy. He would pass it to another generation in hopes of establishing his own, and making what had been given to him stronger.

Those who could not strengthen and improve upon his teachings would die. It was the way of things.

“Tell me… what do you fear the most? I do not ask to judge you, so I expect your complete honesty.”

The sudden outburst was met with a blank face staring back at him, dead eyes blinking once or twice as he let the man chew him out. On one hand he knew that Gerwald could kill him with ease, but on the other hand letting that fear dictate his next move would spell a fate far worse than death for him. So it was there that he simply stood, allowing the man to make his point. It was what he was here for after all, knowledge. It just so happened that most Sith Lords had a very unique way of teaching.

He chose to ignore the Wolfs first question, letting it hang in the air as more of a hypothetical to prove the point being made. He nodded once as the tirade continued, shifting his weight slightly from his left foot to his right. He recognized that the words being hurled at him rang true. He had been broken by others, but all that was left was a shell. He had a goal, but did not push himself as far or as hard as he could. How could he expect to grow and evolve when he did not hold himself to high standards? That is why he was weak, and seemed to narrowly escape death at every turn.

Gerwalds second question hit home, it was not something that he often thought about, if at all. It was not an easy question to answer, every avenue of answer filled with caveats and redundancies.

“It is not death I fear, for long have I accepted that the sum of my life will be my inevitable demise. I should have been dead a long time ago, every waking minute is bonus time. Nor is it pain I fear, it has become my cocoon for quite some time now. Pain, raw and unbridled, has shaped me and taught me many lessons. Pain does not tell lies, after all.”

He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath before giving his final answer.

“I fear exclusion and irrelevancy, Lord Lechner. To grow dormant in my training, to be looked down upon for all of eternity. To be cast aside for refusing to conform to the pomp and lavish lifestyle that so many Sith chose to live in now. To grow weak and decrepit as my peers consume the world with their power, unable to lift a finger and stake a claim of my own.”

VarDiv.png

Ger.png

"In that we are equal," the mysterious comment came.

His mind flashed to the moments of torture he suffered at the hands of the Mountain, the uncle of Darth Canifex. Gerwald knew what it was like to have his body broken and his flesh torn, to face death without tasting the sweet release of it. The feeling of terror never fully left his dreams, yet it did not cripple him, it fueled him. The wolf had at least one unfinished task, and the day would come when Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath would no longer hold him to the promise to stay away from Prazutis.

The Sith Lord would die by Gerwald's hand.

Evor's answer was lacking. It felt safe. Despite that it felt genuine and altruistic. What did Evor fear that most men did not? Who wanted their life to fade into obscurity and mean nothing when they passed from one life into the next? His fear was deeper than one of failure, but one of insignificance. That was something the wolf could work with. It required only one thing of him, however.

Gerwald had to make another promise. It seemed the lupine's lot in life was to make promises that he would find himself insistent on keeping. This one was simple, and cost little.

"If legacy is what you want, glory and power, then you will share in mine."

He reached toward the man.

"Let me refine you. The raw power you have is promising, but dangerous if left as unfocused as it is now. I can channel you, teach you to be a weapon. If you walk by my side you will not grow fat on the luxuries of the wealthy. You will not fade into the shadows that the lazy never seem to escape."

Perhaps his answer was lacking, but Gerwald could tell that it was nothing short of the truth. Evor felt it was an unfair question anyway. He thought most Sith feared the same things, and for good reason. There was always someone stronger and more bloodthirsty that would seek to keep you down. It was why despite the seemingly inherent deception that came naturally to most Sith they also often found themselves bandying for alliances and shared power. It was the only way to keep the wolf from blowing the house down, but now the wolf would be on his side. Or rather he would be on the Wolf's side.

Legacy.

Yeah, that sounded pretty good. He did not know much of Gerwald, but he knew the man's strength. Or at the very least some of it. Paired with the fact that he was the Emperor's Wrath must mean something. If he wished for relevancy, Gerwald seemed to be his only choice. But hardly a bad one.

He did not flinch as the man reached toward him, making no move to pull himself away or to swat away the hand. Nor did he make any motion to kneel or show further reverence toward the Emperor's Wrath. Now was not the time to back down, and he didn’t really feel that was what Gerwald was asking.

His answer was plain and simple, there would be no flowery words to hid secondary meanings this time.

“What is it you would have me do, Lord Lechner?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom