Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the Best Place to Live in the Galaxy?

I've been thinking recently about the state of the Galaxy circa 858/9 ABY. The generally agreed upon theme of the last 10-or-so years of Galactic history (see timeline submissions) is that factions and individual systems are sliding backwards into an increasingly unstable galactic system.

All but a few of the largest factions have collapsed under the weight of war and conflict, the core has remained bitterly contested for years, with several planets such as Coruscant scorched many times over. Large criminal factions and organisations prey on the weak and unprotected while mammoth factions commit masses of atrocities in the name of claiming or taking territory, and the rise of the Agents of Chaos is indicative of the decline of galactic governance and the hegemonic power of factions. The massive wars are over, and the Galaxy is licking its wounds, but the structures that had previously defined the galactic system are slowly unravelling.

The average Galactic citizen, separate from the privileged few who can care for themselves, must choose between subjugation under an empire, fragile protection as a ward of a faction or life in an independent system bereft of security and safety.

For many, war, piracy, slavery, poverty and devastation are a part of life across much of the Galaxy. So my question is this: which factions, which systems, which regions are the safest and best places for your average person to live, and who has it best in the Galaxy?

Athriel

A
I'm biased, but I would support my own creation "Horizon's Crown" as being one of the safest locations currently. It is a city state inspired sovereign princedom located in neutral space. Sparing detailed information (all of that is located within the links on this character's page) it is made to be an oasis of stability, although precariously located. Chiefly drawing on refugees for its population there is little desire for violence. A strict governance and relatively large security force imposes docility via deterrence. While the people may not be rich by galactic standards they do live in manicured paradises created by habitation domes.They are free to experience large amounts of personal freedoms at the expense of political choice. No government is perfect, no place is truly safe in Star Wars, though I think Horizon's Crown is pretty close to being those two goals.

Safest Faction would probably be a split between the Silver Jedi and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Relatively safe and free from open aggression with wide range of upward mobility with little reliance on bloodlines or close connections. CIS noticed their economy is filled with talented individuals so they focus on those capable instead of those close to the elite leadership. However, the Silvers have a strong sense of security and if one lives in their protective sphere, well then not much to worry about.

-- Safest Region would definitely be the Unknown Region. Its outside the range of most expansionist plans, free from national influence, and no central government has been able to establish themselves that far out. Those that live in the Unknown Region and not located near Osseriton, which is the busiest trade port in the region, then its relatively safe, secure, and as free as it can get. Drawback is that your venerable to raids and pirate attacks, but since most nations have no reason to send transport in the Unknown Region, even that is a rarity.

-- However, Safest Planet would go not to a planet, but a select few. The Utegetu Nebula is probably the safest place, hidden away with only one way in and out and no reason to invade such a small place. Those that live within the Nebula re pretty safe from any current plans to be harassed or invaded.

-- But safest planet would probably be Naboo, everyone kind of agrees not to mess with that planet with occasionally ignored attempts to start a fight there from new writers. (Like me and my first character)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom