Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private What we Take for Granted

The thought of breakfast in a jet tub had the woman mentally stumbling for a second. That was probably one of the most pleasing thoughts she had never thought of. Taking her own bottle, she thought on her answer. She was used to a pretty healthy spread of foods. There was surprisingly little that she wouldn't try, as some ports were more far flung in her youth than others and required one to be...accepting of local cuisine. Which honestly had done wonders for her stomach.

Bugs still made her stomach roll though.

"Greens, meats, cheese. There..." She let her eyes wander briefly as her mind wandered. "There really isn't much I don't like. Ki'Tau usually makes something for everyone and we just, eat it." There was a strange shrug of acceptance from her before she thought again. What would be good for breakfast?

"Steak sounds a bit heavy for breakfast. Salad I'll have a later with Ki..." There was genuine thought going into the answer she was trying to give as her eyes squinted a little while she thought aloud. "Something with eggs. Maybe a bagel or something? A BLT with egg maybe? Is that too light you think?" Her eyes shifted to Domino without realizing where they had been.

There was a second of staring before she noticed the privacy Domino had given her, which was returned in kind. She wasn't against nudity, but the events prior had been...hazy. Which could have been translated differently to today. She removed her gaze, reminding herself to think of others as she watched her go into the showers.

She followed shortly behind, waffling on whether to wear the towel in or bare all to the world. Which ended up with her coming in half covering herself in a strange bout of trying to be conscious of others for once.

Domino Domino

"Omelette sounds good." Domino said from under the water as she reached for her body wash. She'd selected it for it's light floral scent, something you had to be really close to notice so as to not be overpowering. "Who's Ki'Tau, squad cook?" It was an innocent question, something to keep the conversation going as much as it was trying to discover more about Sasmay. Turning to wet her back, she soaped her front, made sure to get her armpits and other sweaty areas before turning to get her lekku and what she could reach of her back. Nudity didn't really bother her depending on the setting. Taking the 'usual' jobs for a Twi'lek was what had allowed her to literally drag herself from the streets of Coruscant and had later assisted a time or two as a spy in service of the Rebellion. Besides, if she'd noticed she would have appreciated being appreciated.

Ducking her head under the spray, she allowed the water to play over her and wash the suds away, senses extended out through the Force to make up for her temporary blindness.
Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

Sasmay nodded as she stepped into her own shower. That did sound good at the moment. The washes she had brought weren't nearly as floral or filled with any scent. Rather a distinct lack of them if anyone noticed. Something that had been picked out by another, but appreciated. The first thing she did was put her face directly in the spray. She pulled her face out of the water when the question was posed, an easy tone coming into her tone as she watched Domino while lathering and washing.

"Ki'Tau? Think adopted sister, really good with home stuff. Was the ships cook and fixed clothes and such." There was a warmth to her smile now as she appreciated the view Domino gave without stopping her own routine. The black band on her arm came off finally, a strange mix of galactic basic and symbols that Sasmay tried to keep hidden by turning. "Her and Ya'Tau. Well, Ya is our brother. Again, adopted. Those two are actually blood siblings...we think. Ya'Tau is good with engineering and the like." She skirted a direct line in the conversation, pushing forward with the topic.

"Grow up around people, they get to be family quick regardless of what race you are." She realized the implication of her answer too late as she waited for the woman to come back from under the water before speaking again.

"You want me to get your back?" Misdirect the conversation. That was the ticket.

Domino Domino

Her back was probably good, what her hands couldn't reach her lekku could, but Domino knew that wasn't the point. "Here," she passed the bottle over her shoulder. "I can get yours too, just don't ask me to deal with that hair stuff. I've learned how to brush some of it out before but its completely unmanageable wet." Pulling her lekku forward and out of the way, she busied herself with rinsing off her front.

"Sounds nice though, having people like that." For a moment she just luxuriated under those strong hands spreading the soap around. There was probably more to the story but no reason to push for it. Sasmay would share when she was ready, as would she. Speaking of... "Dropship crashed, shot down on insertion. Took over an hour for another team to fight their way through to the wreck and pull the survivors out." She stilled at the memory of it as the water cascaded over her ignored, the crushing weight holding her down, the stench of fuel through her cracked faceplate. "Fortunately I was unconscious for most of it, but then if I wasn't maybe I could have done something. Doctors wanted to use bacta and clone tissue to fix the scarring but I made them leave those bits as a reminder."

Turning to face Sasmay, she smiled and pushed a strand of the other woman's hair back. "Now it just makes things awkward." Suddenly she wanted to lean in for a kiss but held back considering where they were and how it was technically public. "Also why it stops short of my waistline, can't let a thing like that ruin this figure!" Laughing, she turned and struck a pose, hands on her hips and with a knee raised like a pin-up.
Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

"Thanks. I...can't reach my shoulder blades..." She admittedly sheepishly while taking the bottle. She worked everything to a fine lather, hands lingering a moment over the scarred skin. If she thought it was out of anything more than admiration when she spoke, she was mistaken. In her own mind, Sasmay always thought of scars as proof of living.

A testament to things past and ones will, ability, or even luck in surviving.

There was bitterness at being unconscious for her rescue. At least that was how it was seen. Sasmay's hands paused as she spoke on it while her own memory kicked in. Boot on her back, barrel against her head as she was made to watch a fight. Made to watch knowing the outcome, knowing how much the end would hurt. Holding onto anger that still fueled her to this day in ways that made her a danger to herself.

"Sometimes we can't help what happens around us, Domino. But scars serve as a reminder. Prepare, practice, become better." Hands returned to their pace, broken only when she turned around and found Sasmay putting on a smile. There was understanding in her motions, in the partial smile. The brush of her hair was watched with acute focus, even without her eyes following the movement.

A holdover, something she would have to train down in Domino's presence as best she could. There was a break in the tension as Domino struck a pose, earning a true smile from the woman, along with a drawn-lip laugh. The effort to keep from touching Domino was troublesome, instead focusing on the display being made with lingering eyes.

"I wouldn't say it was ruined, but I appreciate more than just what I can see." She offered, hand brushing against the Domino's hip before pointing to the outside of her own thigh. There was a hairline mark, bold white against the slight tan. Her face, arms, and legs bore the signs of plenty of time in the sun. Her neck seemed the darkest, uncovered often to the suns that had dotted her life. Something she almost missed about the dock work. The rest of her was only beginning to catch up, a noticeable difference when compared.

"Don't worry about my hair, I got it. But-" She traced the old knife mark once more before continuing.

"We used to have a doctor to visit when..." The sentence had started off easily, only breaking in flow when the reason was to be exposed. There was a solemn look to Domino before she spoke again, a long measuring look before glancing around them and making sure no one else heard. It was a common topic for the Cull's. Was spoken of freely in their home, their ship. Laughed about even now that they were free. But they weren't normal people. They were all playing catch up, and finding just how hard it could be to connect with new people.

"We couldn't go to a real hospital. We weren't...we didn't exi-" There was a blatant struggle to find the right words. Shame and pain lancing the smile that was once visible while her eyes became glossy.

"Didn't have papers..." Her voice was low, unsure of speaking further. Domino had shared her own wound, had given her a glimpse into the past. She wanted to share in kind, wanted to explain. Needed to. Her hand rubbed the tattoo on her arm, rubbed it with a growing tightness that was visibly uncomfortable before reaching for the band to cover it back up.

Domino Domino

"Hey, you had a doctor though," Domino placed what she hopped would be a comforting hand on the other woman's shoulder before using it to turn her as she suds upped her own hands, letting her shower head wash off Sasmay's earlier work. It felt nice to touch and be touched again. "May not have been a good one, or a nice one, I don't know. But your family warranted one."

The back of her hand pushed the tanned woman's hair out of the way as she tried not to get too much soap or water in it. She wondered if the scar had something to do with the doctor, an operation or an injury? It wasn't a pleasant memory regardless, neither was the tattoo. Sasmay hadn't given her any specifics on her family, but enough had been shared for her to know that they weren't blood related. Rather related by circumstance and remaining together by choice.

Behind Sasmay, Domino rubbed the soap in almost as if giving the other woman a quick back massage. "Come on, lets get rinsed off and get something to eat. Then I've got a surprise for you." She had planned on not spoiling it, but Sasmay could probably use something to distract her.
Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

There was an affirming nod, slow at first as she felt the hand move to her shoulder. Which she held tightly for a time. It was comforting, and something she hadn't known she had been wanting or missing. "They, did what they could. Better than nothing." She finally sighed. It had been something. And more than once they would have died without care. So they did have that.

The rubbing of her back was also welcome, putting her into a sleepy half-drunk stupor without knowing it was coming. The enticement of surprises to come had her shaking off the feeling, and glancing over her shoulder with a curious smile. "You, got something for me?" There was curiosity in with the statement. A new thing outside of those she called family to exchange or give gifts, but not unwelcome.

"I didn't get you anything though..." She quietly replied, wondering just what Domino could even want for. She finished up her hair after that, toweling off and still silently wondering what the surprise could be. "So, I know you have a ship and all...but, where do you go when you aren't here?" An innocent question to her mind and mouth.

"Go touring across the stars and such?" There was a smile in her words this time as she asked, still a little starstruck with the idea of travelling for more than work.

Domino Domino

Cutting the water coming from her showerhead off, Domino ran her hands over her lekku and down her arms, as well as the other major portions of her body to wipe away most of the remaining droplets. "You didn't need to, sometimes I just see something and think it would be perfect for someone or make a nice gift." Domino moved to grab her own towel and began drying off her self.

The question about where she went on the Sangromancer almost made her laugh. Having a ship of her own, it was freedom to not be tied down to any one spot or place in the galaxy. She could pick up and go anywhere, anytime she wanted. Funny then that after so long she tried so hard to tie herself down to different places and groups. "I go to Bespin a lot, I've got a place out there. Not on Cloud City mind, but another one called Cloud Nine. It's a very pretty place. Actually I felt so out of place there for the longest time. Then occasionally this planet called Vaynai though not so much since the Sith moved into that part of the galaxy." Working the towel over her lekku, she made sure to dab at the creases under where they met her head, a habit since she was a little girl and as important as drying under the arms. "Best spot though," she continued as she dressed, pulling a shirt on over her head after pulling on her undergarments. "Out above the galactic ecliptic. Push the hyper drive for a few days and you can see it all laid out before you, the feelings that wash over you the first time you take it in, indescribable." She paused holding her pants in hand remembering the last time she was out there. Just her, Myunnah, and a bottle of chilled wine as she stared out at the stars below.

Shaking herself out of it a little, Domino pulled on her pants before siting to do the same with a pair of broken in combat boots. Last came a jacket and the gun belt ubiquitous to most spacers in the Outer Rim. Though hers did have the addition of a lightsaber. "Come on, I think there's a Bantha Quick near here we can grab breakfast at." Tossing her gym clothes back into their bag, she checked that she had everything and that the little box was still present before sealing it and slinging it over her shoulder. "Ready?"

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

Domino finished her shower, and very shortly behind her was Sasmay, pondering as she gathered her hair over one shoulder, twirled it between her hands and wrung out as much water as she could. She pondered on the rebuttal Domino had given her to the gift, and gave some serious thought for a time to a possible gift from the woman.

“Thank you then.” She finished her thoughts with a simple accepting tone. Happy that she was being thought of for more than just shooting things in some capacity.

She grabbed her own towel, drying off quickly before sliding into a new set of clothes. Workout shorts and a simple top, making sure to cover the small tattoo across her arm once more before listening to her speak of far off places while a small grin appeared.

Bespin, and her own little place. Likely a nice one given the ship she had mentioned. She didn’t let her mind wander too far as she continued to list off places. Vaynai, a place now controlled by the sith. A group that Sasmay had never come into contact with, but was uncertain about how she felt given some of the things she heard.

Then came a favourite it seemed, a quiet spot far away from everything.

“Always nice to have a place to get away and just, enjoy the view.” She smiled, stealing glances at the other getting dressed. The towel had been set aside before it came up to dry her off a bit better

She focused on her hair while Domino got her boots on and sat mid dry before tossing the towel beside her. The question garnered a smile as she slipped into her shoes and tossed the towel aside and got her things together. “Yep. Sounds like a plan.”

She tossed her hair to the side, still damp strands clinging to her cheek as she let it fall to as it wished before leading the way out. Walking close enough to touch without bumping into her, she pulled open doors and looked at her once more.

“I’d like to see more of the galaxy, and all the different places in it.”
She laughed a little before adding a detail to her words. “Without having to shoot at people though.”

Domino Domino

"That is the usual way of seeing it," Domino needled back. "Learn to fly and you won't have to do it on someone else's prerogative." Her last apprentice and each of the graduating students at her short lived academy had each gotten a shuttle. Domino believed that it was near impossible to be your own agent if you were restricted in movement to someone else's goals. And public transportation was abysmal in scope and speed. The giving of a ship was a tradition she intended to continue, but Domino didn't want to promise so much so early.

Instead she awkwardly bumped her hand against the back of Sasmay's hoping to hold hands as they walked. She didn't expect the human to shy away from the little public display after some of the 'enjoyment of the views' earlier, but she didn't know all of Sasmay's quirks. Silent for the rest of the walk, Domino just let herself enjoy their proximity.

In short order, too short for Domino, they arrived at the breakfast place. Waiters on their little hover scooters zoomed around and young diners went about seemingly oblivious to the speeding danger as the chaos of the diner enveloped them. For her part, Domino zeroed in on an empty booth and walked straight to it, almost daring the handful of scooters to hit her. None did since there was no actual danger and they likely couldn't even go very fast, but the first time seeing the thigs moving about indoors. They just looked dangerous moving about between the tables.

"You know what you want? You said eggs, the Ithorian Delight isn't bad." Domino said swiping through the holo-menu.

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

Sasmay nodded, seeing the plain reason behind getting flight practice down. It would make it easier and it would give her the freedom to be independent of those that she clung to for security. Clung to like a weighted blanket or the armband she wore even when she had on full sleeved outfits.

"Yeah. Already found something I like for small stuff."
She raised a hand defensively. "Haven't flown it yet, but seen it flown. It's got cargo and standing room. And it works by itself and can jump into hyperspace. Working on it to get a good idea of where everything is and how to fix it." She sighed a little, hand dropping back down as Domino bumped her hands against hers. There wasn't even a thought spared to it as she took the other woman's hand in her own.

"So I've got class with Bella for flight. I've got a class the in the Floating Mess for starfighter repair. And whatever the Hunt and Armada has going on." She rubbed her face with her free hand, giving Domino's hand a soft squeeze. "Worth it though."

There was a small and growing smile as they walked, arriving at their destination before settling into a booth and had a small laugh about the scooters zooming about the place. There was no swiping through the holo-menu for Sasmay as Domino spoke, eyes on the woman as they took a far off glance while lazily moving to one side. Her brain was lost in thought before settling on the want from earlier.

"That does sound good. At least an omelet does anyway." She swiped over to the omelets before scanning.

Domino Domino

"I hope you're ready for more. I didn't mean to let this much time pass since my offer and actually teaching you anything." Things had been busy for the both of them but that had been little excuse. "And I am glad to hear you're taking these things seriously." Meant that she had picked someone not only willing to learn, but level-headed enough to listen when told what to do. Domino was determined not to let this become another in her list of regrets.

Closing down her menu, Domino keyed in her order and then whichever omelet Sasmay decided on. It'd be her treat to celebrate the human's new place. Speaking of! She dug around in her bag until she produced a slick black fiberboard box maybe ten centimeters a side and placed it in front of Sasmay with a smile. "You're surprise as promised." It wasn't much, a pair of Kirino interfaces that would hopefully be as useful to her as Domino had thought them. There was an optional upgrade to them too, but Domino hadn't really checked that out as much.

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

Sasmay shrugged at the comment but didn't look across the table. "Things come up. Life has a way of throwing things out of wack." The second bit of Domino's comment did however get a glance from across the table with a proud smile.

"Might not be acing the classes, but I am doing my best." She closed down her menu and keyed in the order. When Domino began digging in her bag, there was a small confused look from Sasmay as she was presented with a small black box. A long moment of staring at the box happened, a hand slowly extending to pull the box just a little closer to her.

She had been given things before. Bandages, food, clothing. Even weapons of all varieties weren't an uncommon thing for the woman to be handed. More than once she had been handed a candle by Scherezade. But the little box before her took a moment to process.

An actual gift.

Not just something to keep her fighting. Not just something to help her through the next few minutes of her life. Something she could enjoy without shooting at someone.

She felt a bit silly for staring at it for the few seconds she had, carefully opening the box before pulling out the interface devices and looking them over. A gift...just for me was the resounding thought in her mind. She pulled her bottom lip in, sinking a tooth into it to keep from crying as she gave Domino a wobbly smile.

"Thank you..." She wanted to say more. Wanted to show how much it meant. The intent lingered, eyes moving from Domino to the gift before rubbing a thumb over the little device.

Domino Domino

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom