Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Summer Things do in Winter (CIS Winter Social)

9Cl4FTw.jpg
Attire: White & Dark Blue Witch
Objective: No Objective
Tag: [member="Kiandra Ceryss"] | Open

"Oh?" Vytal smiled after the woman introduced herself. "Strange, I would have expected a woman of the MedCorps to spend a great deal of time among Confederates. Fortunately for them, time spent healing them of wounds and maladies. A job celebrated, but not given celebrity status unlike battlefield warriors." The faction was not intent on waging endless war or else the Outer Rim and Silver Jedi would lived far less comfortable lives; nevertheless, parades were thrown and council meetings held to discuss matters of resource allocation and battle. Medicine rarely received much attention short of an epidemic -- and by then you were welll and truly behind the ball.

"I am grateful you could attend this gathering. I hope more of your branch might follow in your footsteps. After all," the Dathomiri paused with a small smile, "I could use an ally focused on matters that don't require swords or blasters. Someone to hold council how well and beautiful the worlds around us are."

The Mandragora would be eager to educate the masses of the Force and spirits alike, and supply healing magicks and potions of their own. All the better if there were others outside of their order eager to bolster the civilians' well-being. It was not as glamorous, but it was just as necessary. Though Vytal wouldn't claim such acts were entirely altruistic; they did help promote Witches and their kind in a favorable light. A mutually beneficial arrangement, or so she hoped.

sT76UXx.jpg

Tag: Malok Malok

Gods she hated the cold.

The days leading up to the event on Vylmira were a blur of hurried work and brief evenings. It seemed that as time went on, the Vicelord of the Confederacy was depending on her more and more to deal with simple things while he attempted to resolve what had been keeping him from his regular duties since Kuat. Between that and the normal rush of issues that came around the holidays, the former Viceroy of Manda had managed to completely forget about Life Day.

In the small moments of silence that came between emergencies, she'd managed to remember long enough to toss Metus an invite to the sortie, but beyond that, she'd had little time to consider things like gifts, or wardrobe for that matter. Which is why, when the pair stood in the ankle-deep snow awaiting the carriage's arrival, the diminutive woman was shivering visibly. She'd dressed in an outfit that was radiant as always, but the fabric was not well suited for the cold, and as she clutched the small basket in her thinly gloved fingers, she silently cursed herself for not having put more thought into her attire.

Does it get this cold on Manda?

From above the collar of her jacket, pale blue eyes shot him a look that suggested she might have assumed he'd noticed her shivering and was mocking it. Rarely did she give him attitude, but she wasn't exactly known for being well tempered when the cold was a factor. As the sleigh clattered to a halt before them, she Councilor hauled herself up into one of the plush seats and immediately set about arranging the blankets across her lap and shoulders. She left him room as well, should he want it. He'd told her a few stories of the world he'd once called home being a volcanic place, and Geonosis and Ryloth weren't exactly known for their brisk temperatures. She assumed he'd appreciate the offer to share.

As the sleigh lurched into motion, sending the pair bumping awkwardly into the back of the seat before the swaying cart took on some semblance of rhythm, Valencia offered up the basket to the Vicelord, placing it gently in his lap. When she spoke, the faint chattering of her teeth could be heard from behind the high collar of her jacket.

"Why don't you take a peek?"

Last edited:
It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
HZ8zD5f.jpg

Attire: Grey cardigan, white slim-fit top, blue denim trousers, tan boots with a bit of a heel, silver necklace of denonian heritage.
Tags: Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , Startorn Startorn , open!

Red's statement got her to chuckle lightly and look out at the crowd for a moment. Sure, somewhere he had a point in it. But at the same time it was pretty funny and adorable to hear a grown man question why many of them got and gave each other presents this time of the year. Almost like a child experiencing its first winter celebration after getting aware of what was going on in the world around it. With Red's deadly abilities in her mind, it was pretty comical to her.

''C'mon, Red!'' she uttered and looked up as him again with arms crossed over her chest. ''There's a general definition of doing good and doing evil. For example... Stealing candy from a kid would be considered an evil deed to most people. Or...''

A flashback from their patrol on Geonosis made her pause shortly.

''Saving peoples lives. That's pretty much a good thing...'' she continued, nodding gently and taking another sip of her drink.

Last edited:
9Cl4FTw.jpg

Wearing: xxx
Tags: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Open
"I tend to spend time tinkering. Usually ensuring that the ship I am to pilot is going to operate as I would need it to. Last thing I need is mechanical error leading to a crash." Thinking over her own words, she nods her head slightly. "I do see your point though. Members of MedCorps being around other Confederates could surely aid in our business as well as show that we are like anyone else among the ranks."

Glancing through the window at the mountains beyond again, her thoughts linger on the other's words for a moment. "I suppose I could fill that role. I've seen several worlds that if you don't stop and take in the view, you'd miss it and never notice it otherwise. In fact, I could probably make a list of planets worth visiting another time. Before signing up with MedCorps, I got to see plenty of worlds in the Outer Rim and Wild Space." Her thoughts turn to home for a moment as she recalls the views she had there as well as what she could see from the cockpit of her fighter when she would practice flying. "My homeworld is far from here and I hear it has fallen beneath the Sith banner but it is quite a sight to see. To many, the world may not hold much importance except perhaps minerals. But the landscape makes for a great scene."

As she speaks of home, Kiandra can't help but smile, despite her efforts to hide it. Though she didn't have much that would make her go back, she missed it and thought of it fondly. Really, she enjoyed speaking to someone about the beauty of the worlds. Being a pilot granted her views that many others would never see in a lifetime. By honoring the traditions of her people, she believed she was sharing those views with her lost loved ones as well.

9Cl4FTw.jpg

Attire: White & Dark Blue Witch
Objective: No Objective
Tag: Kiandra Ceryss Kiandra Ceryss | Open

"That you are people, and a service in need of support as much as any battalion or armada," Vytal agreed with a slight nod. In the heat of the moment, when someone's need was dire, they would acknowledge the MedCorps. Even afterward, those saved would be grateful and remember. But what of the nameless and faceless masses? Or those leaders tucked safely and far from the front lines? Would they truly appreciate the services Kiandra and her kind offered? The Witch only wanted what was best for her kind.

Again, the Witch supported the other woman's thoughts, "The galaxy is vast, and worth saving." Her comment was brief, but only to not break her companion's train of thought as she seemed quite taken by her surroundings.

"Many...other words focus on resources, trade deals, and political maneuvering. So occupied with crime and warfare, or the looming forces of a rapidly expanding government, they overlook what's right in front of them. The beauty of an untouched field. Whispers of trees in the wind. Soft hush of lapping waves. A beautiful flower on a mountain side. They need our help remembering these things." It was too easy to get caught up in a mad dash to assemble military forces, scramble for resources, or lay claim to new territory. What of one's home? Entire planets could be left to rot, neglected by pollution and development spiraling out of control. What of the family left behind? So many fought to claim just a little more dirt, and in the end just to lose it again; and what did they gain?

"Where do you come from?" Vytal asked, curious what world shared the same fate as her own.

5vHbpyG.jpg

Wearing: Dark Blue Fur-lined Winter Jacket
With: Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer

Cali was lightly bopping her way back toward the Sleigh pick-up spot with two cups of hot hot chocolate in her gloved hands. As she went, the pink Zeltron was humming the tune to What My Twi'Lek Got For Me...

"TWO LEKKU... and rosy lips on my sweetie." Giggles followed the culmination of the tune.

On a slope down to the line, Cali made a soft cry of delighted alarm as her legs pumped to keep up with gravity. The blue bundled creature giggled once more as she managed to gain control after hitting the level plane. Her approach to the cute Miraluka was far better coordinated. Not that a drop of their sweetness had been spilled. Cali had an uncanny knack of ensuring the survival of her chocolate.

"Hey, Xoxo," Cali cooed as she drew in and gave her Miraluka a quick kiss. One of the cups was then held out for Xobos to take. "Came back as soon as I could. Some interesting people back there, but not half as lovely as you." The pink one wiggled up against her partner's side with her cup clutched in both hands. "Anything interesting happen while I was gone?"

Before burying herself in the cup, Cali's bright eyes watched Xobos and her own cup. Maybe the chocolate aficionado had sprung for the High Shelf chocolate, and maybe she was interested how the cutey liked it. There were grades of chocolate. Not to mention how it was grown on different planets with subtle and gross variations from the different soil and sunlight conditions.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Objective: Try to have fun
Tags: Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster Startorn Startorn

Red smiled lightly at her reaction at what he had said. She seemed to be put off by him not really knowing anything about this, maybe because of his abilities. Still, she should know that he was raised in isolation, so he didn't really know anything about this sort of stuff. He was still learning about social stuff. Red sat down in a chair near the Colonel and looked at her as she spoke.

"True, true. Still, it is still subjective. What if someone has to steal some bread to feed their starving family? Is that good or bad? Hmm?" Red asked her. He could guess her answer to it, but he still had to ask.

Then, the Colonel said something else. Red nodded.
"I can understand that. Saving lives, protecting the innocent, dealing justice. I can understand it. It's what I do, what I am. I am learning to become a Jedi, you know. So, in your eyes, am I good, or bad?" Red asked her.

"What about you? Do you think if you have been good or bad? I'll be honest, to me, you seem to have been pretty good to me." Red told her. He was both joking and being serious. He still was working on his social skills, and he wasn't the best at joking or understanding jokes, but he was getting better.

HZ8zD5f.jpg

Attire: Grey cardigan, white slim-fit top, blue denim trousers, tan boots with a bit of a heel, silver necklace of denonian heritage.

''Well...'' she begun, pondering on the answer while she turned to re-fill the glass cup with the chocolatey treat. It was a just question. A question about morale and basic needs of survival for many species in the galaxy. A difficult question, which she realy did not want to go too deep into, especially not during this night of celebration. But he deserved an answer. She followed Red over to the table with a couple of comfortable chairs around it, nodding to Startorn Startorn if he wanted to join them.

''Bad considering it's against the law. Good considering you're out of options and need to feed your family somehow... It's one of lifes dilemmas, I guess.'' she stated after taking a seat on the opposite side of the table, festive decorations in the middle of it and with a clean red cloth beneath. Kathryn's consideration for other people shone through. She had shown it before, during their patrol on Geonosis. They had almost got into a fight then, when she stood up for the pirate girl Nya, but that was in a stressful situation and maybe, just maybe Red started to understand her. His next statement gave a hint to that.

''A jedi? Can't say that I saw that coming, but yeah... You're good, Red. You're good.'' she nodded gently and gave him a soft smile.

''I hope I've been good, otherwise that present will have to wait til next year!'' she stated with a light chortle before taking another sip of the warm drink.

Subject 73 Red

Tags: Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster , Startorn Startorn

Red nodded at her response to his question. It was exactly what he had expected from her. "It's just a matter of one's perspective." Red said with a light smile.

She seemed surprised that he was training to be a Jedi.
"Why do you sound so surprised that I'm training to be a Jedi, Colonel?" Red asked her, tilting his head slightly.

He nodded at what she said about hoping that she had been good.
"I still don't understand it. Why would you be good only to get a present? Isn't helping people and seeing the gratitude that they have and knowing that you have made a positive impact the best thing someone can receive?" Red asked. This was too confusing for him.

HZ8zD5f.jpg

Location: Grand Hall, sitting by a table beside the drinks table.

The still very confused tone in Red's voice got her to laugh lightly and shake her head.

''It's a tradition, Red! A custom. A- a- a practice among many species, including humans!'' she said with a heartly smile towards him. Shaking her head again and looking down in the glass cup, she came to think of it from his perspective, that he had most probably never experiences something called holidays or common practices.

''Sorry... It's just... I forgot that we're coming from... pretty different backgrounds.'' she stated sincerely and took another sip of the drink.

''I wasn't expecting that, no... I just thought you had to be younger to begin training as a jedi?''

Startorn was a happy fellow now, was he? His statement brought them in on another level of the discussion.

''Well, yeah... but for that we're not killers or criminals, who do it for profit and illegal purposes. We defend Geonosis and our allies. Atleast, that's what I'm thinking everytime I climb into the cockpit.'' she said and made a sweeping glance around the hall.

Subject 73 Red

Objective: Have fun

Red smiled at her response to his questions. She seemed to always forget that he wasn't like her. Good, it showed her that you can't expect everything. "People and their customs are weird." Red shrugged with a light smile. "You seem to always forget that I'm different from everyone else."

Then, Startorn said something about morals. Kathryn responded to him. "You'd be surprised. Just because you kill, doesn't mean you're a bad guy. Before I joined the military, I worked as a vigilante, protecting the innocent, and bringing justice to criminals. Then, when I joined the military, I basically do the same thing, but in a different way." Red explained.

HZ8zD5f.jpg

''Yeah, obviously!'' she said to Red with a raise to her eyebrows before taking another sip. Maybe it was because she was him as an equal, his creation was not directly visible from the outside. The red eyes could indicate another human related species, instead of an biological experiment.

The both men were realy into continue talking about this subject, weren't they? Killing, battle, causes and morale? At a gathering like this? She wouldn't have it like that!

''I'm not sure I'd agree with you there... Was it... Startorn?'' she said and peered her eyes a little, seeing if she catched his name correctly earlier. ''Anyways, we're not goin' to talk about that all night, are we? C'mon... You both should take something to eat and drink! It's a party!'' she ended insistingly that them both should relax and try to enjoy themselves.

Subject 73 Red

Kathryn didn't really seem to like the talk of killing and such. Which was normal from what he saw from most other normals. They weren't raised to kill, so they weren't like the experiments, and they often didn't like killing. They didn't like the taking and ending of life. Of course, Red was raised to do that, but from what he studied from normals, he understood why they felt that why, though.

Then, the Colonel changed the subject, telling them to get something to eat and drink. "Was that an order, Colonel?" Red asked with a light smile.

HZ8zD5f.jpg

She was glad and relieved that Red catched on and followed on the change of subject. Hopefully, Startorn would do the same. They both seemed to need a moment of relaxation and this party was the perfect for it. As a naval aviator, she knew everyone now and then needed a pause from the stress of battle. Red's sudden and slightly ironic sense of humor caught her off-guard, but in a good way.

''Oh yeah! Consider that an order, private!'' she said ironically with a broad friendly smile, before taking another sip of the drink, gently licking her upper lip to make sure she did not get a mustache of it.

''Actually, I'm goin' to get some myself... I'm starving to death here...'' she continued with a chuckle and stood up, glancing over to Startorn to see if he would join them or not.

Subject 73 Red

Red smiled at the colonel's response. She seemed to have been relieved that Red decided to go with the change of subject. "Yes ma'am." Red stood up with her to go view the food options.

Then, the colonel said something else.
"Well, actually, the human body can survive without food for about three weeks, with water, of course. Without water, the human body would only last three or four days without food. So it is very unlikely you are starving to deat- Wait, was that a metaphor?" Red asked. He still didn't understand figurative language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom