Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Kind of Establishment Is This?

Doyle

D
"What kind of establishment is this? That's a good question." Doyle continued to wipe the counter with a tea towel, as though he was some barkeep in a tavern. However it was no tavern that he was in. Doyle was in the Sphaera Tea Shoppe on Altiria.

And for the moment he was alone. Practicing his lack of skills at having a dayjob.

He shouldered the tea towel and grabbed a cup and saucer from the shelf, almost fumbling it as he tried to be all suave and cool. Well as cool as one could be while serving tea. "It's a tea hut. Of sorts. Sure there's your average tea, but there's also some with a bit of a...kick, as you might say." And some contained spice. Doyle knew that well but he also knew that right now he wasn't allowed to touch it. As a recovering addict he couldn't.

The tea cup and saucer was placed back on the shelf before Doyle moved around the counter and headed past the tables towards the open door. His blue eyes surveyed the area, looking for trouble. He wasn't security by any means. Far from it. But trouble always lurked nearby. Doyle liked to be one step ahead of it. More if possible.

Being outside of a marketplace, the Sphaera Tea Shoppe was in a prime location. But it was also far north and far from war. But for how long was anyone's guess. So far it was a safe haven for him. That's if he can keep his job.

Doyle cleared his throat a little. "Hey uhh...we're open. If you want to taste something exotic, this here's the place."

Talon Aegis

T
Talon would walk into the bar in full gear, he would sit at the bar quietly. He had one hand under the table and one resting on it. He would have his eyes on one table with five men sitting around it. He would just keep eyeing it. When the bartender came to him, he pointed at a very strong liquor. He would just keep eyeing the men even when the drink was served. He would walk over to them leaving the drink on the table.

"Brain, a wanted killer, known over the galaxy as Headhunter, for your good shooting and being able to consistently get the job done. You must be very frightened."

The men around the table would draw their weapons, and Talon would yank out a pistol and fire five shots, the men opened fire, they each got one shot off before dying. A blaster shot would hit Talon's armor, but it would only leave a mark and not do serious damage. He would walk back to the bar and drink the liquor ordering another one.

Altiria was always an interesting plant to visit, a rich history that spanned thousands of years into the past, and though untouched by the wars in the southern sections of the galaxy it's own history was quite bloody. To some an inter planet conflict was unheard of but she saw it as a glimpse into the past. Many planets in the time before space travel were made up of different nations, each with their own culture and values, in time one nation gaining higher power which eventually lead it to taking over the entire world. She doubted many people would look at Cosuscant and think many millenniums ago the world contained different people who fought a massive war between each other resulting in one victor that came to rule as the dominate power transforming the planet into the giant city it was today.

Yes, Altiria was a treasure trove for a person like her, but work needed to be put on the side once in a while. As much as she would have liked it Elise wasn't a robot capable of 24 hour tasks. Food and a nice rest were a necessity. As such the youthful looking women wandered through the city streets, observing the many shops and their respective advertisers beckoning pedestrians to enter, most not being of any interest, except for one. It neither had a very flashy exterior, with the man out the front bring somewhat unenthusiastic, but past the shell she could smell a familiar scent... tea. Not just any tea, no, she could tell this place catered to the more exotic tastes and thus who ever ran the place knew their tea, this would be interesting.

With a pleasant smile across her face Elise approached the man out front, giving him a typical Atrisian bow, "good day, I heard that you are open, could I inquire into what this shop is"? Her suspicion of the establishment was some sort of local tea house, but she wanted to double check before entering.

[member="Talon Richwood"] [member="Doyle"]

Doyle

D
A lady approached with a smile that could either be interpreted as inviting or one of caution. Doyle wasn't certain as to which one it was. It could even be both.

"Good day to you, miss. This here is the Sphaera Tea Shoppe. So if it's tea you like, this here's the place. And it's not just your average teas, mind you." What else was he supposed to say?....

Silence hung in the air for a moment as Doyle retraced his thoughts. This was a much different line of work than he was used to.

"Would you like to see our menu? This is my first week, so I don't have it all memorized yet."

The sounds of blaster fire nearby caused Doyle to look around a little nervously past [member="Elise Ike"] . Hopefully whomever caused it wasn't anyone that he owed credits to.

Putting on a bit of his charm to distract from his apprehension, Doyle gestured for the lady to step inside. "I think that I might have some of the Sapir tea myself. I hear it's quite soothing. The owner of this shoppe swears by it."

[member="Talon Richwood"]

Talon Aegis

T
Talon would think to himself about taking a break from what he does. He decides to stay at the town for a couple days. He would see Elisa Ike, and nods a greeting. He would put his hand up when the next round would come up, and he’d just say.

“I would like a Sapir Tea. I heard it was soothing.”

He would recline in his seat, for once he felt calm and not tense. He would have a single tea then start talking to the bartender about his life, and soon he had a conversation between the two. They would move from topic to topic.

“Are there any good places to sleep around here.”

The bartender point to a window, and outside was a building.

“That place has nice rooms for a reasonable price.”

Talon would nod his approval and order another tea.

The smell of blood accompanied the sound fo blaster fire, Elise licking her lips slightly before turning attentions back to the the supposed manner on duty. The shooting wasn't her bother, as long as it didn't effect her personally the local population could put blaster holes into each other as much at they want. Again not something to be surprised about considering the planets past though her suspicion changed slightly as the image of a black dressed mercenary slowly approached from said direction, possibly a bounty hunter? Who knew, but again it wasn't her problem or bushiness, Elise turning attention back towards the man as he welcomed her, "certainly I'd like that".

With a small nod of the head she slowly walked in, taking a small gander at the rocky texture of the insides, certainly and interesting look if she had to giving an opinion straight up. Such an shape caused some minor echoing as Elise walked to one of the many tables dotting the floor, taking a seat and looking over the different 'exotic' drinks. "Hmmm, I think I will just start off with some Sapir Tea, but that Stim Tea looks rather nice, I may try that later, what food prodicts do you have if I may ask"?

Talon Aegis

T
Talon would be in a high-like state, his mind would be racing, he would be happy. He hated it, although he didn't show or sound like it, he was very distressed about his mind. Elise would walk in, but Talon saw her walk in five times. The bartender seemed to change speeds with every word.

Am I drugged? Talon would be thinking to himself, Was I put in this state or was the tea doing this. I need a way out of it.

He would get up struggling to walk, swaying like he was drunk. Desperate to leave, he would reach the door and kick it open breaking the hinge. Staring back into the tavern he would notice people watching him. As he ran to the hotel he collapsed in the side of the street coughing up blood. He would stick an antitoxin into his system. Getting up he would fall to his hands and knees coughing blood, but it would seem to be less every time. When he got to his feet, he stumbled to a tree and collapsed passed out.

[member="Elise Ike"] [member="Doyle"]

OOC: I'm fine if you drag him off

Doyle

D
[member="Elise Ike"] seemed pleased with the place. That was good. He pulled out the chair for her as she sat down and then tucked her in to the table after she did so. "Food? Well certainly no meals here. That I'm aware of. But we do have biscuits, cookies and small cakes. Which would you prefer, miss?" They didn't have a chef. All the foodstuffs were brought in from other shops in the market. It was a tea shoppe and not a restaurant.

Doyle's attention was turned to [member="Talon Richwood"] as he busted the door. Right away it put his nerves on edge. "Now there's no need for that, sir!" He looked to Elise. "I'll be right back." With a heavy sigh he was quick to head out of the door, mumbling to himself about his boss to hire more staff. With some of the effects of the teas, there was bound to be trouble.

He watched as Talon coughed up blood and then collapsed. Oh boy! "Not good. Not good. We can't have anyone charging us with murder..." Or him for that matter. Doyle quickly ran down the steps and headed towards the collapsed heap of a man. "Hey buddy...Had a bit too much to drink, did you? Come on then...let's..uh...let's get you inside." Having more strength than one would suspect for a man like him, or perhaps it was a side effect of one of the teas, Doyle hoisted Talon over his shoulder and carried him inside. He looked to Elise as he passed her by, "I'll only be a moment." He took Talon up the stairs to one of the guest rooms, opening the door and then plopping him onto the bed. "Don't you go dying on us now..." How would he explain this to the authorities should they come calling? An allergic reaction maybe? Yeah, that could work. Doyle ran his fingers through his own hair nervously. He was torn between staying upstairs or going back downstairs, or even leaving the tea shoppe altogether.

Oh this was too stressful for him! He needed some spice! But all of that was off limits to him.

Talon Aegis

T
Talon would sit in the bar, but something was off. He would look around spotting familiar faces, the faces of the dead. As he got up and walked around they would look at him disgust. It would be dead silent, no mugs hitting tables, no sounds of laughter, it was dead silent. A man would stand up and pull a blaster on him, he searched for his own but found none. The impact of the bolt would send him to his house on Mandalore, he had just got back and found his parents dead. The sight would cause him to crumple to the floor in distress. Upon hitting the floor he would see her, in he one he loved. He tried running to her but there was a glass barrier. Hearing a blaster shot, she would fall, he would blink, upon opening his eyes he would be holding the blaster. Looking at the body it would stand and point at him. Water would fill where he was and he would jolt up looking around frantically, then falling back and lay there guilt filling him.

[member="Doyle"] [member="Elise Ike"]

Elise was about to request some small cakes on the side before the sudden commotion filled the bar, herself quirking a single eyebrow in annoyance as the man kicked the door down. Still, she played the part of the calm customer, just giving [member="Doyle"] a small warm smile, "It is no bother, I'll be here waiting for you return". Her hands gave a small wave as she watched the man run out after the drugged merc, herself wondering how he became so unhinged so quickly. Perhaps some drugs just had that effect, or they had drunk to much to quickly as his body was having some sort of allergic reaction. Either way it wasn't her problem, unless he died that was, the man may have a use as a servant of sorts, the undead never really complained, and if she smelt that right said man was certainly coughing up a lot of blood. To bad it wasn't good to drink, no doubt his blood stream was just as narcotic as the drinks he just had.

Doyle

D
When [member="Talon Richwood"] sat up in the bed, Doyle nearly lept out of his skin. Or at least he felt that way. Holding his hand above his heart to help calm himself down, he watched as the man lay back down again. "Why don't you just...rest here for a bit. I'll get some water."

Without waiting for an answer, Doyle closed the door and then headed back downstairs. There were customers to tend to, afterall. Ones that weren't busy spitting out blood and breaking doors. That'll be fun to fix....later.

Wiping at his brow, Doyle approached [member="Elise Ike"] at her table. "Alright then, so that was Sapir tea for now, Stim tea for later and...what exactly? Was there anything else?"

Talon Aegis

T
Talon would stand up, he wouldn't stumble around, the toxin would've worn off. Walking around the room he would drop a bag of credits onto the table for the door. Someone was trying to kill him so and he had to go. He would walk downstairs and out the the door. Looking at the hotel he and the bartender, he would shake his head, he needs a better place. Getting to a hotel, he would buy a room. He knew this wasn't over, he was waiting for someone to attack.

The pleasant smile never left Elise face upon [member="Doyle"] return, her head nodding a little as he reread the order, "that is correct and I'd also like one of your cakes to go along with the drink, how much would that amount to"? She was unaware of what transpired with the mercenary and so far wasn't really concerned, not bothering to look at the man as they left, though she could still sense him as they exited into the night.

Doyle

D
Doyle made a mental note of [member="Elise Ike"] 's order. He tallied it up in his head, looking to see where he could bend a little when it came to the price. "For you my dear, that'll be eight credits for the lot."

His attention turned briefly to the bag of credits that [member="Talon Richwood"] left behind. Fortunately the place wasn't packed, so it wasn't as though they'd be stolen.

Doyle flashed Elise a charming smile. "I'll be right back with your tea and cake. It won't be long." On his way to the back, he strolled over to the other table and picked up the bag of credits. Opening it up he took a peek and then headed behind the counter to fulfill the order. Sapir tea was to be first. He tapped his fingers on the countertop as he looked over the instructions of how to brew it. Why he didn't pay attention during the demonstrations was anyone's guess.

Five minutes later he returned to her table. "Here you are. One Sapir tea and cake. Please enjoy responsibly." Doyle set the items down neatly in front of her before heading back behind the counter.

Slipping her hand into her bag Elise produced the necessary credit chips for [member="Doyle"], keeping her ever clam smile as she handed them over, semi-glad that the place was now more vacant then before. One thing was certain this had been the first time she had seen such an altercation within a tea shop, not a lot of mercenaries came to places like this. "No worries, I will be waiting here", she replied as the man once again slipped away into the back, Elise whipping out a data pad, scrolling through some work files while her order was being processed.

Within no time she found herself in the presence of a cup of warm tea, the steam wafting from up into the air, Elise giving the scent a nice sniff before turning back to Doyle, "smells lovely, thank you, may I get your name? It would be strange to just call your man or worker". Her voice carrying over the room as he once again slinked back behind the counter to continue work.

[member="Doyle"]

Talon Aegis

T
Talon sighed, and just didn't care, if he were attacked he would deal with the matter accordingly, he just wanted a drink and that was the best place for miles. He walked went back to the bar. Whether this was carelessness or just him not caring, he didn't know, he just lived with the fact he might die. Walking back in he ordered a drink, the old bartender must've retired for the night. While there he didn't order anything he just sat there drinking his own drink.

[member="Elise Ike"] [member="Doyle"]

Doyle

D
Doyle pivoted on his heel, turning himself around in a complete half circle, so instead of going to the counter, he was now heading back towards [member="Elise Ike"] . The lady had asked for his name and who was he to deny her that? "I'm Doyle. And you are?" No he wasn't hitting on her. He just had his moments where he was a bit of a chatterbox.

And besides, the tea shoppe wasn't exactly popular yet. But he knew that would change eventually. Once people discovered what the teas could do, they could come over in droves. Of course they could also just order the teas in cases and pallets like some have. Some people preferred to be more discreet in their purchases. He was just surprised that they'd all buy so many without testing them first. But to each their own.

[member="Talon Richwood"]

Horus Vespasian

H
It certainly was the place recommended to him by the bleeding barkeeper in the last tavern. There weren´t many crimes in this Galaxy Horus thought unbearable, but ruining a tea definitely belonged to them. Especially if he was present. Even more if the tea was for himself. Approaching the tea house, he glanced at the fascinating architecture of the building, liking it right away, without even seeing the inside.

Stepping into the main room, he spotted a few figures around and decided to seat his tall stature on one of the tables in a corner of the room. Habits. You can not simply turn them off as much as you would want. Unclipping the belt with the shortsword, he sat down, facing as many entries as possible, the sword leaning next to the table, just below where his hand was resting now.

With a small gesture he would try to win the attention of the service personnell to place an order.

[member="Doyle"] | [member="Talon Richwood"] | [member="Elise Ike"]

Elise took a gentle sip from her cup while looking at the man named [member="Doyle"], giving him another warm smile and slight nod, "Elise, Elise Dixon, nice to properly meet you". Once again her lips being drawn to the hot liquid kept inside the cup, it certainly had a new taste to it. "I may bring my daughter around here some other time's he certainly likes her tea, runs a tea house herself actually, maybe the two of you could collaborate some time", a small chuckle coming from Elise at idea.

Her small chat was then stopped as yet another strange person entered the building, this one being quite the imposing figure in size, once again not the type of person you'd expect in a tea shop, even one that more or less sold drugs. "Today just keeps getting stranger and stranger".

[member="Horus Vespasian"] [member="Doyle"]

Doyle

D
Doyle gave a slight not of his head as [member="Elise Ike"] gave her name. To her offer of bringing her daughter and having the two of them collaborate on teas, his eyebrows raised. "Oh, I'd have to ask the boss lady on that one. I merely serve and clean. I don't create them. But thank you."

The arrival of [member="Horus Vespasian"] drew his attention. Elise was quicker to comment than Doyle was however. "Indeed. But the Galaxy's like that, isn't it? Excuse me." he responded to her first and then made his way over to the really large man, being sure to grab a menu on his way there. "Hello good sir. Welcome to the Sphaera Tea Shoppe. Would you like to take a look at our menu?" He held it out for him, his eyes glancing briefly to the short sword before flicking back up to the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom