Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What it means to be a Jedi

Looking at the fact the blade was pointed at her chest Nala, looking almost angered, narrowed her eyes at defeat. Suddenly she laughed and said "Okay, okay. You win." Once she got to her feet, picking up her saber in the process, she said "You are really good, Rasu. But then when you've been training about 30 years more then me it's not a surprise." She then walked over and retrieved her robe before putting it on and looking back to her.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

With Nala accepting defeat, she deactivated her lightsaber and clipped it back to her belt, extending her hand towards her fellow Padawan to help her up.

"You're right I guess, but then why is it that I am still a Padawan who has only just been taken into an apprenticeship by a Master. I've been here Forty years Nala! Is the council just saying I'm not good enough to continue any further than Padawan?" Slumping herself into a nearby chair, she reached up to stroke her braid just resting against her ear. "Am I to carry this braid for the rest of my long life?" Tears began to well up in her eyes. Not wanting them to be visible to the Kaminoan, she brought her head down on her lap where she let herself give into her despair, tears soaking into her leggings.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala felt more and more sorry when Rasu began to show concern about still being a padawan to the point of beginning to weep. She walked over and in front of her and kneeled down to see her and said "Hey, Rasu, don't think like that. I'm sure that's not the case. Maybe there's something you just haven't discovered in yourself yet that the council is waiting for."

She realized that didn't sound any better so Nala thought for a moment before saying "Rasu, you remember how I told you I had trouble using the force? It took me a long time to finally get it down on how to make it work. I really didn't find my focus until a few months ago......when my father died." She waited until Rasu look her in the eyes and said "THAT was what I was trying to focus on when I was meditating."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu tried to stop the tears but once they started she found it difficult to cease the flow of salty liquid. She looked up at Nala as she knelt down to the same level as the Shi'ido, wiping her eyes so she could see the Kaminoan more clearly. Rasu just felt worse after the Padawan's comment, even though she knew that her full intention was to make her feel better. She didn't blame the Kaminoan though as she knew it wasn't her intention to make things worse, Rasu even began to sympathise for Nala as she told the Shi'ido about her struggles with the Force and the tragic death of her father. The tears had stopped now as Rasu focused on the other Padawan's words, showing her respect by giving Nala her complete, undivided attention. Rasu could tell that the death of her father wasn't a topic that she liked to share with others, so by telling the Shi'ido, she showed that she had placed some trust in the other Padawan.

Feeling slightly better after Nala had finished, Rasu looked up into the girl's black oval eyes, "Thanks Nala, it means a lot that you shared something so personal with me. And I don't know if it means anything coming from me, but I think your Dad would be really proud of the Jedi that you're becoming." Standing up now, Rasu straightened her pants and put on a brave face, smiling at Nala to show that she was fine now. "Well all I can do is keep training I guess. Sooner or later, I'll find the focus I need, just like you did. I've just got to be patient and wait for that moment to present itself, right?" Rasu really hoped she didn't sound like some delusional fool in front of Nala, but it was all she could do to fight back the next wave of tears.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala stood with Rasu as she told how she would continue to practice and find a focus before saying "Exactly." She put her hands her shoulders and said "You see, there's something I've learned. Jedi aren't meant to be the strongest, they're meant to be the bravest. Wisest. They're meant to be heroes. Protectors. It doesn't matter if one can't use the force or one isn't good with a lightsaber. Just as long as they protect and serve innocent. If we always want more then we end up like the Sith."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Tears had stopped blinding Rasu's eyes, her complete and undivided attention was focused solely on Nala and what she was saying. The Kaminoan spoke as if she was many years older than she actually was, pure wisdom resonated from her mouth. Something must' of changed in her when her father died, Rasu thought to herself, totally in awe of what the girl had just said.

"Wow Nala, that was... well truly inspiring. I never really thought of it that way, but you're definitely right. It doesn't matter whether a Jedi is weak or even extremely strong, they will always have the entire Order behind them, no matter what. There's no sole individual in the Order, all Jedi are one." she said, looking up at the Kaminoan, hoping she had made sense.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom