Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What it means to be a Jedi

Nala Tu was in deep meditation. Over the past few days she'd been finding her skills on a steady rise, her hope for becoming a knight soon growing just as fast. But having the skills to fight was not enough, she knew that. It also required to have a cool and calm mind and a deeper connection with the force. That was what she was trying to do. Memories and feelings flowed through her as she concentrated, finding both the good and the bad. What she didn't know was that as she meditated it sent waves of feeling and emotion throughout the nearby area, mainly outside the very room where she sat. Nala was too busy dealing with the memories of a recent tragedy to fully notice, nor did she have the mentality to care at the moment. Her mind was too a buzz with things she was trying to control.
\In front of Nala her lightsaber had been sitting. The more she mediated the more it began to move and waver until eventually flowing in front of her. It had come to the point where, as she kept her focus, it began to circle around her like a moon around a planet.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

A young rutian Twi'lek wandered through the halls and corridors of the Jedi Temple. Rasu Gan was so entranced by her latest discovery of a new Ataru technique that she didn't even see the group of young initiates walking towards her. The group collided, datapads and journals scattered across the floor. Quickly bending down to pick up the fallen items, she looked back at the trio of Jedi trainees. "I'm so sorry, young ones. I should've been paying attention." she said handing back their gear. Giving the woman an odd look, the initiates took there belongings and walked off, their giggling echoed down the hall reaching the Shi'ido's ears. However Rasu paid no attention to it. Sadness and grief hit her like a powerful wave, the presence of a strong aura washed over her. Who is this? she thought. Curious, she followed the aura, leading into a separate room, where she discovered a tall Kaminoan female meditating. The source of the emotions was emanating from her, but Rasu was too entranced by the Kaminoan's floating lighsaber to realise. "Wow" the word escaped her lips without her knowing. Leaning on a nearby stone podium, she continued to study the phenomenon, however she jumped in alarm as the large podium fell back from the weight, crashing into a large decorative orb, which was knocked of it's stand. The orb rolled over towards a holo-projecter which shot out sparks as the hard object collided with the metallic one. Rasu cringed as the sparks flew over to the meditating Jedi, "Sorry!"

@[member="Nala Tu"]

When the sounds of crashing were heard Nala grabbed her saber, as it was right in front of her at the time, opened her eyes, stood and activated it with the blade striking out towards Rasu. The purple light from the blade shot out towards her, Nala looking ready to fight for a moment, before she saw who it was. "Oh!" Nala said as she turned the saber off. "I'm sorry!" she said. "I....thought you were something else." Seeing what had fallen Nala began to help put everything back while saying "here, let me help with that." As she helped her clean she said "I'm really sorry about that. I guess I was too deep in thought I didn't...." she stopped after everything was back in place and asked "Uh...did you need something?"

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu's heart leaped into her throat as the Kaminoans violet blade ignited and was brought down on her. She couldn't stop a small 'yelp' from escaping her mouth as she felt the heat of the blade tingle her skin. Relief flowed through her as the blade vanished back into the emitter, but Rasu began to grow puzzled as to who the Kaminoan had thought she was. However before she could ask, the Jedi asked a question of her own, "Uh...did you need something?" Taken by surprise, Rasu had forgotten that she had stormed into the room and had interrupted her meditation. Her cheeks turned a darker shade of blue, as she fumbled for an answer. "Oh right, umm... well you see..." Within her mind, the Shi'ido was beating herself up for sounding so stupid in front of someone she had only just met. "I sensed some very strong emotions through the Force as I was walking down the hall outside, so I traced it back to the source to see if I could help and it led me to you."

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Hearing her reasons Nala looked a bit embarrassed before saying "Oh. Well, as you can tell tat was from me meditating but....guess I didn't realize how much thought I was putting into it. Again, sorry about almost striking you like that. I was...too deep in thought." She cleared her throat and put on a more pleasant face before saying "Perhaps we should try again." Holding out her hand she said "Hello, I'm Nala Tu."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu felt better knowing that Nala was also a bit embarrassed from the incident. Smiling up at the young Kaminoan, she said, "Nice to meet you Nala" accepting her the hand, she continued to speak "I'm Rasu Gan oh an don't worry about the little lightsaber incident, you didn't slice any limbs so all is forgiven." Rasu hoped that the little joke would ease the tension between the two and both Padawan's could relax. To keep the conversation going Rasu asked, "So was there some sort of reason that you came here to meditate Nala? Does it have anything to do with those negative emotions you were releasing, if I may be so bold to ask?"

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Feeling relieved to know Rasu wasn't afraid or offended, Nala listened to the girl introduce herself and make her small joke. She chuckled with her before the question of why she was meditating came up. "Well I was trying to practice more to say." she began. "My master has been insisting I try to concentrate more on the force than my saber skills. And yes....part of it does have to do with those negative emotions you felt. It's all I can do to make myself more prepared for when I become a Jedi knight."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

The words Nala used seemed all to familiar, her own Master, Marek S'hadar, had also told her that she seemed to dependent on her lightsaber skills and rarely opened herself up to the Force. It was for that reason, that she had decided to start learning another lightsaber form, Niman. It had helped her progress in the ways of the Force as well as sharpen her saber skills at the same time, maybe she would suggest it to her fellow Padawan. "My Master has told me the same thing, it's hard trying to stay focused on keeping both aspects balanced." she said. "But then I guess we'll have to eventually if we're to ever pass our trials. Take it from me, I've been in the temple forty years now and even I haven't come close to seeing them completed." It was sad to think that in all her years at the temple, all the knowledge she had access to and all the practise she had been given she was still no where near a promotion. The Council hasn't deemed me worthy yet, she told herself. Putting aside her sad thoughts, she turned back to the Kaminoan, asking, "So who is your Master, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering if I've seen them around the Temple."

@[member="Nala Tu"]

"Forty years?" Nala asked. "My word, that is surprising." Nala knew enough about Rasu's species to understand her age, though it was still odd to know forty years of training and she still hadn't passed the rank of padawan. This made Nala a little worried if it would be that long for her. When asked about her master Nala answered "Master Syn. He's been around the temple enough times but he's also away on missions now-and-then as well. A bit of a shame I can't go on some but Syn says most of them are 'personal'. Sometimes I think it's just him trying to make me learn on my own, but I can't be too sure these days." she shrugged. "You mentioned you've been more productive in saber skills too? Perhaps we should spar sometime."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu blushed at the obvious surprise on Nala's face upon hearing about the number of years she had been studying at the Temple. She knew the Kaminoan had meant no offense in her comment, but she couldn't help feeling a bit of shame, as if she wasn't good enough. Her thoughts drew back to Nala as she mentioned her mentor, Master Syn. The name did ring a bell, but Rasu was pretty sure that she had never met the man, she had probably trained with him for a time as an initiate or a Padawan, who would know, she was already a lot older than many of the Knights and Masters of the Order. "I guess once we take on our own student we'll understand the actions of our old mentor's. Until then however, we'll never know what goes on in their heads." Rasu said, tilting her head so to make eye contact with the Kaminoan. Nala last comment sparked a lot of interest for Rasu "Yes that would excellent. We definitely have to show off our famed saber skills. I hope you're not all talk?" Rasu said, a cheeky grin beginning to form on her blue face.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala looked at her with a coy smirk at that remark. Clearly she was playing with her but that didn't stop Nala from saying "Maybe you'd like to see for yourself. Say....right now?" She'd leaned her head a bit to look down at Rasu and give a fake challenging tone to her voice when she questioned.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

A wide smile grew upon Rasu's face, she gave Nala a bored look, and shrugged. "Why not", she said unclipping her lightsaber from her belt and set the energy level to low. "My day's finally starting to pick up." she said, clicking the activation stud, a yellow blade sprouted out of the emitter nozzle, bathing the room in it's artificial light. "I still need to pay you back for the singed hair you burned with your own weapon" she remarked, still retaining her cheeky grin. Bringing her blade up to her head, she held the blade horizontally in front of her, waiting for Nala to pull out her own weapon.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala tooj a few steps back, admiring the yellow blade, and said "Yellow. An interesting color. That tends to be the mark of a sentinel." She removed her hooded robe, letting it drop to the ground behind her, before taking her own saber out and igniting it. a purple blade of light ignited from it, Nala also holding it horizontal and setting it to low. With a nod she indicated she was ready and waited for Rasu to make the first move.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Hoping to surprise her opponent, Rasu called upon the Force and leaped towards the Kaminoan, soaring over the top of her long, slender body, before rolling while in mid-air, towards the opposite wall. Planting her feet on the stone wall, she pushed off, sending her flying towards Nala's torso, lightsaber extended straight in front of her, in an attempt to impale the young Padawan.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala ducked her head when Rasu flew over. As she saw her leap from the wall towards her Nala used the force to summon her robe into the air in front of Rusa as she flew towards her. With that distraction Nala rolled out of the way before getting back to her feet. While her back was turned Nala came as Rusa from behind, intent to hit her from the right.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu let out a surprised gasp as her robe flew into her face mid-flight, blocking her vision. In an attempt to right herself, she performed a forward roll while still in the air which loosened her robe, bringing back her vision. Landing back on the ground, her back prickled with danger sense. Giving no thought to her actions, she immediately leaped into the air again, somersaulting to the right, soaring over the violet blade that had attempted to wound her hip. So close was she to the weapons blade that she could the heat from the blade tickle her skin. Landing once again, Rasu switched back into the offensive, not wanting to give Nala any time to recover. Thrusting her hands out in the direction of the Kaminoan, she sent a wave of Force energy towards her, hoping that she would jump up to avoid it. With this said, Rasu leaped up, taking a risk, she predicted that Nala would jump up to escape the Force push, where Rasu would meet her, having already leaped up to attack. Trusting her instincts, Rasu began to swing her yellow blade, hoping her prediction would prove correct.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

When the force push came, Nala did not jump. Instead she braced herself, shielding herself with her arms as she was pushed back. Still on her feet she saw as Rasu leapt towards her. Nala blocked the first strike she made towards her before blocking whatever attacks followed. After they would break from each other Nala would begin to circle Rasu. After a moment of circling she would begin to attack from all sides, changing her strikes from hard to light each time.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Surprised that Nala hadn't jumped to avoid the Force attack as she had predicted, Rasu continued to fall towards the Kaminoan, carrying her swing so that it would make contact on her pale skin. The attack however was blocked by Nala's violet blade, Rasu began to continuously swing her blade in an attempt to break the Kaminoan's defense, however her efforts came back fruitless again. Leaping away from her opponent, she was startled when Nala met her just as she landed and began to circle her in an attempt to confuse the Shi'ido before lashing out with her weapon multiple times. Relying on her instincts and the Force, Rasu was able to just barely block the attacks, stopping the blade from touching her body. She leaped once again to escape the onslaught brought upon by the Kaminoan and was able to rethink her strategy. Reaching out in the Force, she thrust her hand towards her chest, using the Force to pull Nala in towards her at a frightening speed, swinging her lightsaber again, so to make contact just as she came in range.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala was surprised by this move, being pulled in towards an attack. Thinking on her toes Nala had a plan, instead of trying to fight the sudden pulling sensation she'd go with it. As she came closer towards Rasu she instead jumped towards her as if to tackle. When she would manage to topple Rasu she'd recover with a flip backwards onto her feet before bringing her blade towards Rasu's neck.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

As Nala was brought closer towards Rasu as a result of her Force pull, she was alarmed as the Kaminoan suddenly jumped towards her as if to tackle the Shi'ido. Thinking quickly, Rasu brought up her blade to get in the way of the two aliens. Leaping back she quickly created some distance between the Padawan and herself. "You're really good with a saber Nala, almost as good as me." the Shi'ido said, a grin forming on her face. Bringing her saber above her head, Rasu jumped towards the Kaminoan's torso again, blade extended, however with only a metre apart from her opponent, Rasu dropped to the ground, skidding between Nala's out-stretched legs, kicking one with her extended foot, causing the tall Jedi to topple over. Standing up behind her, she pointed her yellow blade at Nala's chest, just above her heart. "Like I said, almost as good as me."

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom