Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private What Is Honor?

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

fWgkZJ5.png

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Minerva Fhirdiad, fully clad in her armor, marched upon the wide path leading to the temple's entrance yards away. Each stride she made felt heavy yet Minerva pressed on. As a structure it was impressive she admitted, wondering how many times it had been destroyed and rebuilt.

Shae Vizsla did help raze it to the ground with the Sith thousands of years ago.

War and tragedy interwoven with the galaxy as is peace and joy but to be reminded of how often her ancestors were constantly pawns of those wretched cultists left a bitter taste in her mouth. However, it wasn't the past that haunted Minerva but rather the present. Inside the helm she closed her eyes, sighing.

I have put this off longer than intended but it must be done.

Opening them again she climbed up the steps in the center, ignoring the surprised looks of some passersby. Engines whine or roar above from the seemingly never ending air-traffic. Paying it no mind when she stopped when temple guards approached her cautiously.

The one in the center called out. "Identify yourself and state your business."

Slowly raising her hands Minerva declared.

"I am Minerva Fhirdiad, Mandalorian Warrior and Captain in the Alliance Defense Forces. Not here to cause trouble but I do wish to speak with your council or at least one of its members. It's regarding the Enclave."

Some of the sentries looked at one another. Their body language betrayed confusion mixed with wariness. Hardly a surprise given what happened on Rodia recently between their brethren and her former compatriots. The guard commander considered the armored stranger's words. Raising one hand in a gesture for her wait he took out a commlink with the other. Stepping back and letting his comrades keep watch of the new arrival as he spoke with whoever is in charge on the other end.

In order to reassure them she slowly lowered her arms and folded them together over the chest area. Some of the guards looked out and tried to sense for any sign of trouble while others kept their attention on her. Minerva didn't fault them for it even though it was a bit annoying but she mostly blamed the Enclave for that.

"Yea this is weird for me too. Guess we all have that one thing in common right now."

She remarked to them as the awkward tension continued.

Last edited:

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43_1.jpg

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers
Tag: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

The call reached her fairly quickly.

The guards had allowed the Mandalorian entry to the Temple only because they had gotten Valery's permission to begin with. An outsider couldn't just waltz into the Temple, after all. But once she reached the interior and was stopped by a few guards, they finally sent Valery word that their guest had arrived. The Jedi Master had been in the Council Chambers up until that point, but took the turbolift to make her way down into the halls.

Once the sliding doors opened, she spotted the woman in Mandalorian armor, as well as the Temple guards.

"Welcome to the Jedi Temple," Valery said with a smile for the familiar woman. It had been a while since they last saw each other, but it had sure helped make Minerva's entrance into the Temple a lot easier.

Valery knew she wouldn't have sided with the Enclave.

"There is something you wished to speak about?"

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

fWgkZJ5.png

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

It had been some time since New Cov as she recalled upon being greeted by the Grandmaster herself. Very fortunate that it is her. The warrior nodded in reply at the Jedi's smile.

"Thank you Master Noble. As for my coming here, it's about the Enclave. I have questions about what happened at Rodia but also I wish to give advice or insight on this new war with them.”

In the back of her mind Minerva wondered how the kids she brought to Valery when they first met were doing. They're probably in their preteens now. She hoped they were relocated to Coruscant or Tython or some other Jedi sanctuary that is not near the Outer Rim.

I can't imagine how they feel about Mandalorians now with all that's happening. Hope all of them are doing okay.

Focusing back on Valery she added, looking at the entrance nearby. "Perhaps we can discuss this somewhere else in this temple.”

Last edited:

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"I had a feeling it would be about the Enclave," Valery said with a slight dip of her head. Despite the horrific things that were happening, she was more than aware of those who stood against the crusades as well. Minerva was one of them, and perhaps that would be very beneficial for what was to come.

A conflict Valery already believed to be inevitable.

"Let's talk about it up in the Council Chambers," Valery then said, before she turned around and guided the woman to the turbolift. Together, they'd make their way up into the circular room with Council seats arranged around the perimeter. But this time, Valery did not sit down, and moved to stand by the window to enjoy the view a little as they talked.

"I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, but do understand that I don't have all the answers yet. This has been... quite an unwelcome surprise for me as well."

fWgkZJ5.png

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Stepping inside the council chambers Minerva glanced around at the seats. The designs varied but all were meant to be convenient for whoever is meant to sit in them. Under less serious circumstances she would be tempted to sit in one of those chairs as a joke but that was the last thing on her mind right now. Instead she joined Valery at the window.

From that vantage point Minerva viewed the lines of air traffic outside and the buildings below and the skyscrapers in the distance.

The Taung and the Battalions of Zhell would've never believed this world that they fought and bled for would be transformed into an entire city.

It is both amazing and alarming when one really thinks about it. At the Jedi's words she nodded in understanding and looked back.

"Very well. While I have cut ties with the Enclave I still listen in from their regular comms network. Nothing military, just chatter. One of the topics that keeps coming up is that padawan caught around Kestri. They, especially the younger crusaders, pretty much believe your Order sent her to spy on them."

Pausing and tilting her head in examination Minerva asked.

"What's your side of the story? I mean, about this padawan."

Personally Minerva found the notion that the Jedi would intentionally send one lone student to spy on an entire world filled with warriors specialized in hunting and fighting their kind rather ridiculous. Of course the Jedi had made their share of foolish and arrogant mistakes throughout history but it is also true with Mandalorians and everyone else. Surely they would’ve used more experienced members for that kind of operation.

Even though the padawan did spied on them she didn't think the girl’s actions should be enough to warrant immediate war with former allies. She was reminded how the Enclave didn't authorize the raid with the Kashyyyk raid yet many of their warriors were involved and somehow they expect the whole galaxy not to hold them accountable for it. But when they find and capture one padawan on their turf they see it reason enough to prepare for total war that can cost millions if not billions of lives.

Such a double standard to her was as foul as piles of bantha dung.

Investigating for answers thoroughly should've been the objective but it was not to be. Minerva didn't say any of that outloud but awaited Valery's reply.

Last edited:

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"We don't really have a side to that story," Valery admitted with a sigh. She knew the Mandalorians weren't stupid enough to actually believe they had sent a Padawan on her own to spy on them. They were merely using it as a reason to justify their war path and destruction. It was... sickening, and Valery couldn't recognize the Mandalorians she had respected so much because of it anymore. It felt as if the entire Enclave had made a drastic shift.

But why?

"We'll be bringing the Padawan in front of the Council soon to find out why she was there. But we are not pleased about it, obviously. The tension it created is going to play a part in starting the inevitable war." Valery let out a soft sigh and turned her fiery gaze back across the horizon for a moment.

Coruscant seemed so peaceful now, but how much longer was that going to last? It was a question that had been on her mind ever since Rodia.

"But we can't change the past. We brought back our Padawan and I stand behind that decision, even if the Mandalorians use it as argument for their war."

fWgkZJ5.png

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Minerva closed her eyes and shook her head. The Enclave has gone so far as to lash out at the slightest provocation, perceived or otherwise. As a Mandalorian she understood that betrayal can unleash a warrior's fury but this…

Part of me wants to demand why the Jedi can't keep track of their own students but the Enclave's actions makes it clear they were itching for a fight with them anyway. Do they really think they can take on both the Alliance and the Sith? Whatever the outcome, countless lives including Mandalorians are going to be lost and souls scarred senselessly for bloodlust. No matter what titles they conceal it in.

In the back of her mind Minerva can already imagine some of the crusaders' retorts if she had gone to them voicing these thoughts.

‘Utreekov, pel kar'ta hut'uun, jetii durtuya and etyc idahyiya.’

Minerva sighed again, opening her eyes again.

"You were saving one of your vod. Regardless of what I think of her personally I understand that. Hopefully your council will discover the truth of the matter. Of course it won't stop the crusade surging through the galaxy but by struggle and sacrifice.”

Arms folded together across her chest Minerva spared another glance, noting a trio of X-Wings flying to the side. It was in the direction of the Alliance's dockyards. Probably heading back to refuel she guessed. Returning to the topic she next said.

"So they made you and your fellow Jedi meet them at Rodia just as their forces are invading the planet? Either that was an intentional taunt toward your Order or just sheer arrogance on their part. Not an environment for genuine negotiations if you ask me. What were their demands and justifications?"

More than likely Minerva was not going to like what she hears next but her late father once said.

’Daughter you must not hide away from the truth but confront it no matter how painful it can be.’

Last edited:

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"It wasn't genuine," Valery nodded when Minerva brought up the reason for the meeting on Rodia. "Their justification for the capture was that they viewed Lily as a spy, and their demand was me," she said with a frown. After everything she had done for the Mandalorians of the Enclave, it hurt a little that they had requested her to become their prisoner. The way they had dangled those cuffs was just... too much.

She didn't understand.

"They'd give Lily back if I came with them, in cuffs and well, I don't think that would have been a pleasant experience for me. I also believe they asked for me so the Alliance would lose one of its leaders early on, allowing them an easier war path. Of course, we disagreed and when I saw an opportunity to help Lily, I decided to make a move."

A move that had sparked a fight.

"Now, the Alliance is preparing for war."

fWgkZJ5.png

Corsucant, Jedi Temple

Minerva's eyes became more resigned. "Indeed command been putting all of the GADF on high alert with the double threat of the Sith and now the Enclave."

If nothing else she hoped those two sides wouldn't join forces but it is doubtful that would happen. The Enclave would break apart in civil war if there was an element advocating for it. No this will more than likely be a three-way chaotic war. This certainly benefits the wretched Sith. The very notion boiled her blood and she squeezed her gloved hands into fists once more.

"People, soldiers and civilians alike are already blaming your Order for this. But fortunately not all do. A lot of the former resent the Enclave more instead and will do their part to protect the Alliance."

Loosening her fists Minerva collected herself before continuing.

"I do ask you Valery Noble a favor as one ally to another. You probably saw the senate hearing footage about this crisis by now and heard what your husband told you already. During it one of the senators Sonya Provost Sonya Provost called for Mandalorian culture to be condemned as no different than the Sith, all of it."

The armored woman frowned at the memory of Provost’s speech. It had been like being spit in the face despite everything she did in service with the Alliance. Worse it felt like an insult to every Mandalorian across the centuries who has fought honorably and faithfully beside allies including her late father. Calming herself down, she explained.

"It wasn’t discussed further but given the bloodshed to come there is a strong chance that will be called for again. If that happens and the culture itself is declared and outlawed as a galactic menace by the Alliance that will play into the hands of the Enclave. They will be able to drum up even more support among undecided clans in the galaxy. I urge you to speak with the Supreme Chancellor to help her understand that. Fight our enemies yes but not make more needlessly.”

Last edited:

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"I had a feeling we'd be blamed. Historically, even with the Second Great Hyperspace War, people and politicians especially quickly look for others to blame, rather than to really address the source of the issue. Even if our Padawan had never shown up there, Basilisk War droids would be reaching an Alliance planet at some point." Valery sighed, knowing that Minerva understood that perfectly fine. She just wasn't looking forward to having that tension between the Alliance and Jedi again.

It just never seemed to end.

Then, Minerva came with a request, and Valery finally turned away from the window to make sure Minerva had her full attention. What she told her about the senate meeting made her frown, and Valery definitely understood why it worried her. If the culture as a whole was condemned, those standing up against the crusading Mandalorians would also become outcasts. But at the same time, Valery also understood where the condemnation came from, even if she didn't agree with it.

"I'll keep this in mind, and if innocent people are threatened by such a condemnation, I'll do what I can to stop it. That said, it would help if those against the crusades actively stand against it. The stronger the message they send it, the less likely people will turn against all Mandalorians."

fWgkZJ5.png

Corsucant, Jedi Temple

Minerva wouldn't call herself innocent nor any other Mandalorian warrior out there who rejected the Enclave but they’re certainly not guilty of this new crusade. Of course there are Mandalorian children out in the galaxy who are innocent. She dreaded what would happen if the senate did follow that path. As someone who is proud of her culture she wouldn't stay with Alliance should it come to pass. When Valery gave her advice on what could help prevent it the warrior paused and blinked.

A stronger message…

She had fought on Kashyyyk alongside the Wookiees to fend off the raid but was the only Mandalorian to do so. Then later the warrior had denounced her former comrades publicly on a holonet channel for what good it did. For the war soon to come Minerva fully intended to fight alone if need be against the crusade. But that's just it alone she can only do so much. Minerva looked to the side deep in thought until an answer came and said.

"You mean more Mandalorians to fight the crusaders.”

What stronger message could Mandalorian could send to fight something or someone they oppose? Already though Minerva see the overwhelming odds facing that course.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom